Jump to content
johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

62% of his passes against who?  Garbage teams, that’s who, and I include the Jets as being one of those garbage teams.  His 4th Qtr  comeback opening day against the Jets should never have had to be a comeback.  Allen missed a slew of wide open throws.  Jets could easily have been down 3 TDs in 4th Qtr, instead of blowing their 16-0 lead.

I saw tape of Allen struggling to read Div III Defenses At Wyoming.

Hopefully for you Allen has really upped his game, but accuracy is the most important attribute a QB can have.  I’m finally sold on that.  I love having the QB with the strong arm too, but in the NFL the windows are so tight that if you’re not accurate enough you’re most likely never going to win it all, and I think Allen still has much to prove in that department.  Also accuracy can not be taught.

I understand you being excited with your new QB having had a parade of some of the worst since Kelly.  Same way I feel about Darnold, because it’s virtually the same scenario.

Time will tell and if Allen does anything against Belichick you’ll really have a reason to crow, and I’ll be rooting for the Bills that day too.

These guys just started their careers, going to be a lot of exciting football coming from both of them.  The only reason I’d worry about Allen is due to the perceived accuracy issue, which is a big one, but he also has a world of physical talent I don’t deny that.

But trying to project a guy’s whole career off of one bad game is just stupid.  It’s even worse when you realize he is playing so much alone due to lack of talent around him.

 

This game was brutal against Boggieman Darnold. Season completion% back below 60%. Career completion % is only 2% higher than Allen now

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

This game was brutal against Boggieman Darnold. Season completion% back below 60%. Career completion % is only 2% higher than Allen now

How often is Darnold not running for his life before he lets a pass go?  And that’s since Day 1.  Last year his Idiot “coach” even played a Center 9 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS who was firing snaps over his head, in the dirt, to his left, to his right, just to make it more fun, and that’s with an Oline who has lots of trouble pass blocking and can’t run block AT ALL.  Things not much better this year.

I’ve already seen Darnold throw footballs into windows the size of a thimble, passes Josh Allen  could never hit, even if you gave him years.

In no way can you judge Darnold’s game by just quickly looking at “completion %”, because the Jet Offense personnel have been so putrid most of the time in what surrounds Darnold stats like that can be totally skewed.  In the same way you can’t judge Darold by the “AFC Player of the Week” award he won just 1 week ago, you want to play that game? has Josh Allen ever won one of those?  Has Josh Allen ever lead the NFL in Passer Rating over a 4 game stretch like Darnold did the last quarter of last year? (And that’s with a total garbage team around him).

I’ve seen Josh Allen miss wide open receivers by a country mile already in Week 1 THIS year against the Jets.  Buffalo should have beat them by 3 TDs.  Should not have needed any “comeback”.

Allen isn’t 1/10th the QB Jim Kelly was, but if you want to believe your team can make deep playoff runs with him by all means do so.  Your teams D is legit I give you that.  If Buff had a Trumane Johnson getting beat by 10 yards every play, Allen’s job would be much more difficult too.

Time will tell, but I’d still take Darnold every day of the week over Allen....even if the Jets were not my team.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

How often is Darnold not running for his life before he lets a pass go?  And that’s since Day 1.  Last year his Idiot “coach” even played a Center 9 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS who was firing snaps over his head, in the dirt, to his left, to his right, just to make it more fun, and that’s with an Oline who has lots of trouble pass blocking and can’t run block AT ALL.  Things not much better this year.

I’ve already seen Darnold throw footballs into windows the size of a thimble, passes Josh Allen  could never hit, even if you gave him years.

In no way can you judge Darnold’s game by just quickly looking at “completion %”, because the Jet Offense personnel have been so putrid most of the time in what surrounds Darnold stats like that can be totally skewed.  In the same way you can’t judge Darold by the “AFC Player of the Week” award he won just 1 week ago, you want to play that game? has Josh Allen ever won one of those?  Has Josh Allen ever lead the NFL in Passer Rating over a 4 game stretch like Darnold did the last quarter of last year? (And that’s with a total garbage team around him).

I’ve seen Josh Allen miss wide open receivers by a country mile already in Week 1 THIS year against the Jets.  Buffalo should have beat them by 3 TDs.  Should not have needed any “comeback”.

Allen isn’t 1/10th the QB Jim Kelly was, but if you want to believe your team can make deep playoff runs with him by all means do so.  Your teams D is legit I give you that.  If Buff had a Trumane Johnson getting beat by 10 yards every play, Allen’s job would be much more difficult too.

Time will tell, but I’d still take Darnold every day of the week over Allen....even if the Jets were not my team.

 

Allen won AFC player of the week 17 of the 2018 season with a 5 TD performance. Also you are fool saying that Allen doesn’t complete throws in tight windows. You obviously don’t watch the games. All I heard from you are excuses. News flash Bills OL is not all that. This year we replaced 4 of the 5 starters from the year prior while you spent your money on a 14 million dollar RB who had 70 yards last night. Darnold was more polished coming out of college but guess what Allen is catching up fast and played overall better in his 2 meeting vs the  PATS then Darnold and that’s saying something cause Allen looked like trash in both.

Like I said before I like Darnold but Jets are going to ruin him like you ruin everything nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Allen won AFC player of the week 17 of the 2018 season with a 5 TD performance. Also you are fool saying that Allen doesn’t complete throws in tight windows. You obviously don’t watch the games. All I heard from you are excuses. News flash Bills OL is not all that. This year we replaced 4 of the 5 starters from the year prior while you spent your money on a 14 million dollar RB who had 70 yards last night. Darnold was more polished coming out of college but guess what Allen is catching up fast and played overall better in his 2 meeting vs the  PATS then Darnold and that’s saying something cause Allen looked like trash in both.

Like I said before I like Darnold but Jets are going to ruin him like you ruin everything nice.

5 TDs (3 passing) against MIAMI, last week of the year in 2018, with them already checked out and thinking about what time their flights home are.  I saw Geno Smith put up the SAME type of game, last game of the season against guess who? Miami too.  Geno Smith had the HIGHEST PASSER Rating in any single game that year by ANY QB haha.

And you’re right, I don’t see lots of the Bills action in the same way I don’t think you see every snap Darnold has taken, I’m just going by what I’ve seen during Jet-Bill games throughout their very short careers.  I’m going by seeing Darnold lead a game winning drive up in Buff last possession and then watch Allen throw an awful pass that was picked by the worst CB in the NFL Trumane Johnson to end the game.  I’m going by seeing Allen miss wide open receivers by a mile on Opening Day this year against the Jets.  A game Buff should have won by 3 tds.

The Jets ruining Darnold is unfortunately a very real potential problem and I’ll agree with you there.  The fact that he could quite possibly be on his 3rd OC in Year 3 is a disaster, and actually predicted by lots of this Board.  Then again if the Jets weren’t so putrid from Owner down to Janitor they NEVER would have been in position to draft Darnold in the first place.

Like I said, time will tell, and I’ll say again that I’d take Darnold every day of the week over Allen....hope your team beats New England...Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

5 TDs (3 passing) against MIAMI, last week of the year in 2018, with them already checked out and thinking about what time their flights home are.  I saw Geno Smith put up the SAME type of game, last game of the season against guess who? Miami too.  Geno Smith had the HIGHEST PASSER Rating in any single game that year by ANY QB haha.

And you’re right, I don’t see lots of the Bills action in the same way I don’t think you see every snap Darnold has taken, I’m just going by what I’ve seen during Jet-Bill games throughout their very short careers.  I’m going by seeing Darnold lead a game winning drive up in Buff last possession and then watch Allen throw an awful pass that was picked by the worst CB in the NFL Trumane Johnson to end the game.  I’m going by seeing Allen miss wide open receivers by a mile on Opening Day this year against the Jets.  A game Buff should have won by 3 tds.

The Jets ruining Darnold is unfortunately a very real potential problem and I’ll agree with you there.  The fact that he could quite possibly be on his 3rd OC in Year 3 is a disaster, and actually predicted by lots of this Board.  Then again if the Jets weren’t so putrid from Owner down to Janitor they NEVER would have been in position to draft Darnold in the first place.

Like I said, time will tell, and I’ll say again that I’d take Darnold every day of the week over Allen....hope your team beats New England...Good Luck.

So he played Dallas who ran a basic zone defense who was missing their top corner and a host of other players had a good game. What does he do for a encore puts out the worst game of his career and became the laughing stock of the league for a week.
 

You asked when has Allen EVER won player of the week and told you and now I hear about who checked out for Miami. All I hear is excuses Guess what if Allen had no talent he wouldn’t have won it at ALL. How many AFC player of the week has Luke Falk won. My point is not just anybody wins the award so don’t try to dismiss what Allen was able to do. 
 

I watch EVERY Jet game BTW and you want to talk about 4th quarter comeback. What about the 4th quarter against your own Jets. How about you take a look at Josh Allen 4th quarter rating for the SEASON. People can hate on Allen all day but truth of the matter is A LOT of people are going to be looking like a bunch of fools in the next 12-24 months. I’ll advise you watch more Bills games so you don’t be one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So he played Dallas who ran a basic zone defense who was missing their top corner and a host of other players had a good game. What does he do for a encore puts out the worst game of his career and became the laughing stock of the league for a week.
 
You asked when has Allen EVER won player of the week and told you and now I hear about who checked out for Miami. All I hear is excuses Guess what if Allen had no talent he wouldn’t have won it at ALL. How many AFC player of the week has Luke Falk won. My point is not just anybody wins the award so don’t try to dismiss what Allen was able to do. 
 
I watch EVERY Jet game BTW and you want to talk about 4th quarter comeback. What about the 4th quarter against your own Jets. How about you take a look at Josh Allen 4th quarter rating for the SEASON. People can hate on Allen all day but truth of the matter is A LOT of people are going to be looking like a bunch of fools in the next 12-24 months. I’ll advise you watch more Bills games so you don’t be one of them.
Jury is still out on these young QBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Jury is still out on these young QBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

I agree even though with my rant you can’t tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

Allen won AFC player of the week 17 of the 2018 season with a 5 TD performance. Also you are fool saying that Allen doesn’t complete throws in tight windows. You obviously don’t watch the games. All I heard from you are excuses. News flash Bills OL is not all that. This year we replaced 4 of the 5 starters from the year prior while you spent your money on a 14 million dollar RB who had 70 yards last night. Darnold was more polished coming out of college but guess what Allen is catching up fast and played overall better in his 2 meeting vs the  PATS then Darnold and that’s saying something cause Allen looked like trash in both.

Like I said before I like Darnold but Jets are going to ruin him like you ruin everything nice.

News flash against the same team (NE) both QBs looked Horrid.. yes  Allen has one nice drive for a TD but he should thank his D for keeping him in the game after 3 awful picks just like Darnold.. it’s ok I’ll be smiling like BB was when they while the floor with you up in Gillette. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

News flash against the same team (NE) both QBs looked Horrid.. yes  Allen has one nice drive for a TD but he should thank his D for keeping him in the game after 3 awful picks just like Darnold.. it’s ok I’ll be smiling like BB was when they while the floor with you up in Gillette. 

You forgot Allen was at the Pats 40 leading another scoring drive when he got injured out of the game. Good chance Bills would have score more points. Collectively the Bills QB’s had almost 300 yards passing that game. 
 

With that being said I think the Chiefs, Bills and the Ravens are going to be the team to beat the Pats this year. Chiefs and Ravens are the teams if you play man and blitz hard are going to lite you up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

So he played Dallas who ran a basic zone defense who was missing their top corner and a host of other players had a good game. What does he do for a encore puts out the worst game of his career and became the laughing stock of the league for a week.
 

You asked when has Allen EVER won player of the week and told you and now I hear about who checked out for Miami. All I hear is excuses Guess what if Allen had no talent he wouldn’t have won it at ALL. How many AFC player of the week has Luke Falk won. My point is not just anybody wins the award so don’t try to dismiss what Allen was able to do. 
 

I watch EVERY Jet game BTW and you want to talk about 4th quarter comeback. What about the 4th quarter against your own Jets. How about you take a look at Josh Allen 4th quarter rating for the SEASON. People can hate on Allen all day but truth of the matter is A LOT of people are going to be looking like a bunch of fools in the next 12-24 months. I’ll advise you watch more Bills games so you don’t be one of them.

I’m not making excuses for Darnold.  He should have thrown all the balls he put up for grabs last night away, being that no receiver ever got a foot of separation, and that he had rushers on him running free a millisecond after he received the snap.

You put Josh Allen in the exact same situation and replace Darnold with him, he’s not scoring any points either.  Joe Montana puts up 7 points at best last night.

The Jets are a putrid team with maybe 5 players that could play on your very own Bills team.  That’s not making excuses, that’s reality.  The Jets have a bottom feeding roster top to bottom.

And stop talking about Allen’s “comeback” vs the Jets Week 1, most QBs would have beaten the Jets by 3 TDs with the bunch of wide open throws that Allen missed during that game, not to mention the Pick 6 he also threw.

Youre lucky your team has a great D that will almost always keep you in games to even allow for Allen’s 4th quarter comebacks, which as I saw in this year’s Jet game shouldn’t even have been needed.

I’ll be looking for Allen’s 4th quarter comeback vs New England next time your team plays them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mastenpark said:

You forgot Allen was at the Pats 40 leading another scoring drive when he got injured out of the game. Good chance Bills would have score more points. Collectively the Bills QB’s had almost 300 yards passing that game. 
 

With that being said I think the Chiefs, Bills and the Ravens are going to be the team to beat the Pats this year. Chiefs and Ravens are the teams if you play man and blitz hard are going to lite you up.

They never do the same game plan twice the Patriots. Per many former NFL players the Patriots change what they do from game to game.. for example I expect them to make Jackson a pocket passer and beat them with his arm.  For all the gushing over him he averages a 70 QBR.  The Chiefs D stinks! And it’s in Gillette where they never seem to lose.. I see the Texans being the team beats them.. if anyone.

 

as for that drive he was on.. yup , and as I said his D BAILED him out only giving up 7 points on 3 picks.. the next game at Gillette and I bet they lose by 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atj21 said:

That's great dude but something you are forgetting. A. Josh Allen is completing 62.5 of his passes, up from 55 his rookie year so the accuracy Garbage is out the window. He's now led 7 4th qtr comebacks in his first 17 games. 11-6 record as a starter and then there's this 😂 .... You guys wish Sam had the balls Allen has

The last 10 teams the Bills have beaten:

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Lions
Dolphins
Jaguars
Jets
Titans

I would take the time to add up the win/loss record for those teams your mighty Bills have vanquished, but I really don't need to do so, do I?

Fun fact:  Josh Allen hasn't beaten a single playoff team yet, and has only beaten 1 team with a winning record.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atj21 said:

When is the last time the Jets were 5-1? Not to mention we could and should win the next 5 games. 

Funny you should mention that.  In 2000, the Jets were 6-1 by stuffing themselves on crappy teams and then failed to make the playoffs because the back end of the schedule actually featured good NFL teams.  We were told "89% of NFL teams that start the year 6-1 make the playoffs".  Sound familiar?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atj21 said:

Whatever man. It's like talking to a child. The only reason I ever came here was because you clowns anointed Darnold well before he's done anything and dumped all over Allen any chance you can get. The reality is one of them is 5-1 (6-5) last year, 11-6 as a starter In the NFL and one is 4-11. 

This is the perfect time for this kind of rationale seeing that the Jets just ran the gauntlet of their schedule and its been nothing but roses and pussies for the Bills.

Talk to me in 10 weeks when the tables have turned and the Jets get the gimmie schedule and Josh Allen is going to be asked to do something he's never done-  beat 6 teams that will finish the year in the playoffs and/or with a winning record.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Funny you should mention that.  In 2000, the Jets were 6-1 by stuffing themselves on crappy teams and then failed to make the playoffs because the back end of the schedule actually featured good NFL teams.  We were told "89% of NFL teams that start the year 6-1 make the playoffs".  Sound familiar?

SAR I

During that 6-1 start the Jets beat 2 playoff bound teams.  Of their 9 wins in their 9-4 start 4 of the wins were over playoff bound teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atj21 said:

Look at our schedule and tell me aren't winning 5 more games

bills.jpg

You aren't winning 5 more games.  I have you at 3.  4 at the most if you beat the Broncos.  Teams with winning records are a problem for the Bills.  Pity you play so many of them after your bye.

And looking at this, its clear why you are so obsessed with the Jets.  You know we're going to ruin your season and your New Year's Eve.  You need to beat the Jets, it's a must-win.  And you won't.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wild card your D is great.

8-8 their O can't beat winning teams.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The Jets are 1-5 and you're not smart enough to keep your mouth shut. Or spell whose.

Autocorrect. 

You're never going to find a husband.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This team sucks ASS and they'll be lucky to win 3 games.

Ah, Jaguars week is going to be yet another one of hysterical overreaction, no different than Cowboys week.

The Jets aren't good enough to play the Patriots, a team that is going undefeated and likely has the best defense in NFL history.  Not rocket science.  The upcoming Soft 7 on the schedule are teams the Jets can compete with or defeat, no different than the Bills who just engorged themselves on teams in similar circumstances.

Ignore the Patriots game, focus on the Cowboys game, you'll see the Jets winning 6 of our next 7 if we stay healthy.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Can we get an update for the great SAR on our new path to the wildcard? 

path.jpg

Nothing has changed.  The Pats game wasn't a requirement.  What also never changes are Jets fans who flip-flop like a leaf in the wind every time we win or lose, it's like a Prozac factory.

The Soft 7 are teed up after our long stretch of tough contests.  After we beat the Jaguars and Dolphins you'll be back in here talking about how we are going to crush the Giants.  After we lose inexplicably to the Redskins, you'll be back in here pounding sand. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

During that 6-1 start the Jets beat 2 playoff bound teams.  Of their 9 wins in their 9-4 start 4 of the wins were over playoff bound teams.

Just shows how fragile the Bills phony record actually is.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with SAR.  We needed one win btwn NE/Jax.  Now there is 0 room for error.  The jags is a must win if we want to get to 9 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have to agree with SAR.  We needed one win btwn NE/Jax.  Now there is 0 room for error.  The jags is a must win if we want to get to 9 wins.

Yes.  The only wiggle room we have is the traditional "dumb loss" which I've reserved for Washington.  If we lose to Jacksonville we would need to win 7 in a row.  Somewhat unlikely.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAR.  The voice of reason.  Calm down everyone.  Last night was a small bump in the playoff road.  SAR has laid it out for us.  

SR has us winning 8 of the next 10.  Im with him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The last 10 teams the Bills have beaten:

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Lions
Dolphins
Jaguars
Jets
Titans

I would take the time to add up the win/loss record for those teams your mighty Bills have vanquished, but I really don't need to do so, do I?

Fun fact:  Josh Allen hasn't beaten a single playoff team yet, and has only beaten 1 team with a winning record.

SAR I

Jets have played mostly same schedule as the Bills the last couple of years. Sam has only 5 wins. Why doesn’t he have more wins. Darnold as of now is not even statistically better than Allen right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jags, who position by position, are probably more talented than Patriots D are going to eat the pussy Cali boy alive.  They are 1-6 this time next week but the attention whore is running around getting attention, like a whore. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

8-8 their O can't beat winning teams.

SAR I

Fool Allen has won more games vs winning teams than Darnold. Fact is Darnold has NEVER beaten a team that at the time they played had a record OVER .500 
You always spreading fake news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  The only wiggle room we have is the traditional "dumb loss" which I've reserved for Washington.  If we lose to Jacksonville we would need to win 7 in a row.  Somewhat unlikely.

SAR I

SAR.....this current Jet team couldn't win 7 straight in the SEC .

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just shows how fragile the Bills phony record actually is.

SAR I

So how phony will the Jets record be when they so call like you say beat the bum team. ******* Hypocrite.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SAR.  The voice of reason.  Calm down everyone.  Last night was a small bump in the playoff road.  SAR has laid it out for us.  

SR has us winning 8 of the next 10.  Im with him.

lol its just schtick from day 1. He loves attention and does a good job of entertaining us. I hope you guys for a second dont believe sar1 is serious about anything he has been saying here

 

 

playoffs? what playoffs????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and for the record, imma believing in the bills. josh allen is GOOD. sam darnold is good too. baker mayfield is also good. the black guy i forget his name is also good. So it was a great year for qb drafting. everyone wins but who will take it somewhere is yet to be seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

and for the record, imma believing in the bills. josh allen is GOOD. sam darnold is good too. baker mayfield is also good. the black guy i forget his name is also good. So it was a great year for qb drafting. everyone wins but who will take it somewhere is yet to be seen

“The Black Guy I forgot his name is also good.” Wow SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

path.jpg

Nothing has changed.  The Pats game wasn't a requirement.  What also never changes are Jets fans who flip-flop like a leaf in the wind every time we win or lose, it's like a Prozac factory.

The Soft 7 are teed up after our long stretch of tough contests.  After we beat the Jaguars and Dolphins you'll be back in here talking about how we are going to crush the Giants.  After we lose inexplicably to the Redskins, you'll be back in here pounding sand. 

SAR I

If we lose in Jacksonville on Sunday, make sure to post your updated schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...