We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

On 10/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Answer the question SAR I Dude. Who will this team beat in your opinion? Dallas or NE? You have so much confidence that our worst days are behind us surely you're not AFRAID to make a prediction are you?

On 10/7/2019 at 6:11 PM, SAR I said:

Both.

And Adam Gase gets lauded around the NFL for his handling of Sam Darnold, giving him all the reps in an Eagles week he knew the team would lose so that he was full-go for the Cowboys and Patriots.

SAR I

Just wanted to remind SAR I of his prediction. 

You said it, not me. It’s all there. Go see. 

SAR I
I fully admit I did not realize what an abomination Falk was. That being said ... I fully admit that no QB would look good with our picket fence of an offensive line.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just wanted to remind SAR I of his prediction. 

Just wanted to remind F-MI that SAR doesn't care what SOJF victims think of his thoughts on Jets performance.

And you said the Jets would beat the Eagles, not sure why you're even going down this road.

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just wanted to remind F-MI that SAR doesn't care what SOJF victims think of his thoughts on Jets performance.

And you said the Jets would beat the Eagles, not sure why you're even going down this road.

SAR I

No Dude. I never said the Jets would beat the Eagles. That was someone else in this thread.With the new feature Max put in place anyone can easily verify it.

What's the matter? You mad bro? I just wanted to remind everyone in your own words. You know, you being so sure and all.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So now SOJFs wrongly predict victories. Seems to be a very flexible definition of “SOJF” you’re operating with.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

So now SOJFs wrongly predict victories. Seems to be a very flexible definition of “SOJF” you’re operating with.

Well this is his M.O. I'm not wishing any bad luck on the Jets, hell I hope the elitist prick is right. He makes it up as he goes along though and I just wanted to have his prediction on the record.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

We would have beaten the Cowboys if Sam didn't miss a month of reps, Herndon didn't hurt himself vacationing, and Mosley wasn't Glass Joe.

SAR I

Don't forget "the Gase game plan".

He never put Sam in a position to play well. The poor kid never had a chance. My God, we're gonna ruin this kid...

59 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No Dude. I never said the Jets would beat the Eagles. That was someone else in this thread.With the new feature Max put in place anyone can easily verify it.

What's the matter? You mad bro? I just wanted to remind everyone in your own words. You know, you being so sure and all.

Stop trying to cover up.  You said it.  And since you want to go down that immature road, now you will pay the price for your inaccuracy.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop trying to cover up.  You said it.  And since you want to go down that immature road, now you will pay the price for your inaccuracy.

SAR I

Show us the proof Dude. Come on. It's Easy. I believe it was Joe W Namath who said the Jets would beat the Eagles ONLY IF SAM PLAYED. I was one of the ones who said that was not going to happen. Look it up my elitist friend.

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Show us the proof Dude. Come on. It's Easy. I believe it was Joe W Namath who said the Jets would beat the Eagles ONLY IF SAM PLAYED. I was one of the ones who said that was not going to happen. Look it up my elitist friend.

The proof is there.  Are we seriously in 2nd grade here?  Next thing you're going to ask me for your Pokemon card back (not happening).

SAR I

https://es.pn/2AVObUB

Preseason playoff chances: 27.2%
Current playoff chances: 0.9%
Playoff chances decline: -26.3%

From the day the schedule was released, this season was going to be about the second half for the Jets. From Week 8 onward, they play only two games against teams FPI projects to finish with even a .500 record in 2019, with one game against the Ravens and a Week 17 matchup with the Bills. The Jets have five games left against teams that FPI projects to finish with one of the top six picks in the draft, although that top six also includes themselves. They needed to keep things manageable over the first seven weeks of the season before breaking out against the easiest schedule in the league afterward. That means 3-3 would have been ideal, 2-4 would have been totally fine, and 1-5 would even have been. 

Instead, the Jets are 0-4, and with games against the Cowboys and Patriots to come, there's a good chance they'll start 0-6. They blew a 14-point lead in a game the Bills tried to hand to them in Week 1, and with quarterback Sam Darnold sidelined by mononucleosis, the team promptly lost its next three games by a combined 61 points. Adam Gase, the offensive guru the Jets imported to develop Darnold and kick-start a moribund attack, is running a team that has scored two offensive touchdown in four games.

New York's offseason spending spree, too, has been a disaster. Linebacker C.J. Mosley injured his groin in the opener and hasn't played since. Guard Kelechi Osemele missed last week's loss to the Eagles because of a shoulder injury. Center Ryan Kalil was briefly benched during an ugly start to the season. Cornerback Trumaine Johnson, the team's top free agent from a year ago, also rode pine. Wide receiver Jamison Crowder and running back Le'Veon Bell -- strictly by staying healthy and by playing well enough to avoid being benching -- have been New York's best signings so far.

Bell's season is a reminder of just how futile it is to sign a running back and expect him to propel your offense. It's certainly not his fault that Darnold went out because of illness and backup Trevor Siemian subsequently suffered a season-ending injury, but without an effective offensive line or a viable passing game, Bell has been a replacement-level back. The former Steelers star ranks 31st out of 40 backs in success rate and is averaging just 2.9 yards per carry. He might even be less effective as a receiver, where he has averaged a mere 6.1 yards per catch, last in the league among players with 20 catches or more.

Aside from their schedule, the Jets are about as poorly positioned to make the playoffs as a team can be after five weeks. They're already 4.5 games back of the 5-0 Patriots, who hold a tiebreaker over Gang Green. If the Patriots were to slip up, the Jets are also 3.5 games back of the 4-1 Bills, who also hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. The Browns also loom as a plausible wild-card contender this year, and they, too, hold the trump card over the Jets.

Realistically, the Jets need to split their next two games against the Cowboys and Patriots and then run the table to finish 9-7 to have a viable path toward the postseason. It's not going to happen. The rest of this season is going to be about trying to find some positives on offense, further evaluating Darnold, and figuring out whether Gase is worth bringing back for a second season. The team is likely to enjoy the benefits of recency bias and seem as if it's going somewhere because of its second-half schedule, but this is already a wasted season for Darnold & Co.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The proof is there.  Are we seriously in 2nd grade here?  Next thing you're going to ask me for your Pokemon card back (not happening).

SAR I

Then post it. Why wouldn't you post it to rub my face in it if it is there as you say it is? Because you can't. More proof that you make it up as you go along. Sad really.

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1-4.  Browns losing, titans losing etc.

Could this be a year where an 8-8 team gets in?

Joe I have been saying that for 2 weeks. The NFC is killing the AFC this year in wins. I thin 8-8 could definitely be enough for a wildcard this year. People are not accounting for all the wins being pulled out of the AFC to the NFC. And I see no reason it wont continue, the entire NFC North is very mediocre, the AFC West is mediocre outside of the Chiefs, the NFC East weak outside of NE, and the central is decent but very beatable and they beat each other up which will keep them close to 8-8

As the OP for this future HOF thread, I STILL say the Jets are going to the playoffs this year. Our last 10 games are maybe the easiest stretch of 10 games we have ever had.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Then post it. Why wouldn't you post it to rub my face in it if it is there as you say it is? Because you can't. More proof that you make it up as you go along. Sad really.

I've had my share
Of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I've had my share
Of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

SAR I

LOL. You really are a jackazz sometimes but you did say that the Jets would beat the Cowboys so I have to give it to you. Now lets see if the other half of your prediction comes through and they beat the Pats. Yeah and I never said they would beat the Eagles as you well know my elitist friend.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. You really are a jackazz sometimes but you did say that the Jets would beat the Cowboys so I have to give it to you. Now lets see if the other half of your prediction comes through and they beat the Pats. Yeah and I never said they would beat the Eagles as you well know my elitist friend.

As I said, I don't view this as some Skip Bayless right/wrong kind of thing, I'm no professional prognosticator, I get no props for sharing my honest feelings.  To me its all about who believes in the team and who doesn't.  Jump onboard the bandwagon.  Honestly, it's really nice in here.  I've got cushions, none of that hay or anything.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A lot of SOJF on this thread doubting the fact that the Jets can beat the Cowboys.  Well, it happened. Now all those 'Voices of Reason'... that said it was impossible can at least contemplate how wrong they truly were.

I don't know if anybody said it was impossible but there were a lot of doubters including myself. I did not believe that even Darnold could make such a huge difference on what was trainwreck of an offense for 3 weeks. I thought there would be marked improvement but the difference was stunning. 

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A lot of SOJF on this thread doubting the fact that the Jets can beat the Cowboys.  Well, it happened. Now all those 'Voices of Reason'... that said it was impossible can at least contemplate how wrong they truly were.

I just disagreed heavily with the 0% chance crowd, of which there were many... now they are running and hiding behind... Dallas gave them the win, Dallas was without XY and Z, they nearly lost, they let them back in the game, they would have lost if their kicker could make a 38 yard FG after making a 62 yarder... These are the same narratives for the Bills game in the other direction.

Although the box score was close and Dallas had a chance to tie the game at the end, this was domination from start to finish. Jets led wire to wire. The Jets also went to make this game unreachable by continuing to be aggressive and Sam threw a momentum swinging INT in the Red Zone that gave Dallas hope. In the end, the Jets won.

Everyone should be happy. On to Pats....

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't know if anybody said it was impossible but there were a lot of doubters including myself. I did not believe that even Darnold could make such a huge difference on what was trainwreck of an offense for 3 weeks. I thought there would be marked improvement but the difference was stunning. 

There were a lot of posters claiming that there is no shot in hell that they could pull off a victory, I think 1 poster even talked about eating his own goo if that happened... disgusting