We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As I said, I don't view this as some Skip Bayless right/wrong kind of thing, I'm no professional prognosticator, I get no props for sharing my honest feelings.  To me its all about who believes in the team and who doesn't.  Jump onboard the bandwagon.  Honestly, it's really nice in here.  I've got cushions, none of that hay or anything.

SAR I

Jesus H Christ if the Jets beat the Pats you will become even more insufferable than you already are.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

One game, Darnold was the difference but it does not deduct from what I saw for the first 4 games.

0-16 is now out! So that was wrong... They have no chance at the #1 pick.

So you think 1-15, now? or you moving it up to 4-12? You are the one making these asinine predictions. Just getting your feeling now that they are nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be.

And that 1 game was against a team everyone here claimed to be top 10 in both offense and defense.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what would you want to see from darnold the next 4 weeks to change your view?

Darnold had a great game. What can I say? - Should one player make that much difference? The previous four weeks was the worst football I’d ever seen. 

I blame the Head Coach for playing Faulk and going into his shell. We stunk, let’s see how we do before anointing Darnold the second coming.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

0-16 is now out! So that was wrong... They have no chance at the #1 pick.

So you think 1-15, now? or you moving it up to 4-12? You are the one making these asinine predictions. Just getting your feeling now that they are nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be.

And that 1 game was against a team everyone here claimed to be top 10 in both offense and defense.

One player made the difference, we still almost blow the game, and should have been out of sight.

Lets see how we fair the next couple of weeks. The team as a habit of drawing you in then kicking you in the dick.

You do know the play offs is a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what would you want to see from darnold the next 4 weeks to change your view?

I'd be interested to hear what YOU predict for Darnold on Monday night.

Will we win?  Will Darnold play well?  What kind of production will Darnold put up?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Will we win?  Will Darnold play well?  What kind of production will Darnold put up?

Pats D is averaging 8 points allowed. The entire team all 3 phases will have to max out, get turnovers, turnovers will keep them in this game, Bell must have his best game.

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Darnold had a great game. What can I say? - Should one player make that much difference? The previous four weeks was the worst football I’d ever seen. 

I blame the Head Coach for playing Faulk and going into his shell. We stunk, let’s see how we do before anointing Darnold the second coming.

as you should know the QB in the NFL is probably the most significant player in any team sport.  So yes, one player should make that much of a difference.

you have a browns helmet in your avatar.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

as you might have seen, i started a thread about 5 days ago that said our playoff run starts this past sunday.  i said we needed to win 1 of 2 out of dallas and NE and we did that.

i don't think we will win this week but i do think that Sam will play well.   i think the pats defense is allowing 8 points on average per game.  i think Sam leads the team to beating that average by over 50% and maybe over 100%

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

as you should know the QB in the NFL is probably the most significant player in any team sport.  So yes, one player should make that much of a difference.

you have a browns helmet in your avatar.  

I may change it when we become significant again, whenever that maybe.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

@BurnleyJet, Ready to walk back some of your 'predictions'? 

Why is changing a prediction considered a sign of weakness? Everyone predicted it would rain today here. I woke up this morning and the sky was cloudless so I didn’t wear a raincoat. Am I an idiot for not wearing the coat anyway rather that saying “oh wow circumstances changed now I don’t think it will rain after all.”

On 10/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, Warfish said:

We won’t win because the combination of the Pats #1 D and the refs being in their back pocket will just prove to be insurmountable.

Sam will play modestly better than he did against Buffalo’s fierce D. Can’t know how severe the effect of the mono had on him that game.  If Adam Gase let’s the kid go out and play he will have a solid Game  but I’m guessing couple bone head moves caused by Sam’s youth, eagerness to succeed and just superior defensive coaching. They will trick Sam into mistakes. 

His production will be somewhat muted because of the superior defense. I’m thinking 24- 35, 1 TD and 2 interceptions. This will be more of a teaching moment fir Sam Darnold than a game he will win. Just my opinion. 

Wildcard? Gases has beaten Belichick before so we got that going fir us. But not sure exactly what that is. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We won’t win because the combination of the Pats #1 D and the refs being in their back pocket will just prove to be insurmountable.

Sam will play modestly better than he did against Buffalo’s fierce D. Can’t know how severe the effect of the mono had on him that game.  If Adam Gase let’s the kid go out and play he will have a solid Game  but I’m guessing couple bone head moves caused by Sam’s youth, eagerness to succeed and just superior defensive coaching. They will trick Sam into mistakes. 

His production will be somewhat muted because of the superior defense. I’m thinking 24- 35, 1 TD and 2 interceptions. This will be more of a teaching moment fir Sam Darnold than a game he will win. Just my opinion. 

Wildcard? Gases has beaten Belichick before so we got that going fir us. But not sure exactly what that is. 

If we hit Brady half as much as we hit Dak, half our defense will be ejected.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, Warfish said:

Call me crazy but im not scared of the pats offense at all.  Especially w/ gordon out.

The D needs to play up and not give up the dink and dunk.

I need to see brady complete 2 or 3 deep throws b4 im backing off the recievers.

No brady dinks Monday night until he completes a few balls deep.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, jgb said:

Why is changing a prediction considered a sign of weakness? Everyone predicted it would rain today here. I woke up this morning and the sky was cloudless so I didn’t wear a raincoat. Am I an idiot for not wearing the coat anyway rather that saying “oh wow circumstances changed now I don’t think it will rain after all.”

Because you and @BurnleyJet are on here, on every thread 'predicting' that' the Jets are the worst team in the league and they are going to struggle to beat anyone... Yet, the positive crowd was more on the lets wait and see what Sam does before we go down that route.  Now, after they clearly proved how much better they are with Sam then without, the asinine prediction that they are the worst team in the league looks like a terrible prediction and should never even been a prediction to begin with. 

It proves everything I have been saying in regards to this team. For example Colts with Peyton Manning, competed for playoffs every year, colts without Manning got the first overall pick. Also, the 'Drs.' on this forum that claim he needed to sit out all season. I think that narrative is finally out the window.

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Because you and @BurnleyJet are on here, on every thread 'predicting' that' the Jets are the worst team in the league and they are going to struggle to beat anyone... Yet, the positive crowd was more on the lets wait and see what Sam does before we go down that route.  Now, after they clearly proved how much better they are with Sam then without, the asinine prediction that they are the worst team in the league looks like a terrible prediction and should never even been a prediction to begin with. 

It proves everything I have been saying in regards to this team. For example Colts with Peyton Manning, competed for playoffs every year, colts without Manning got the first overall pick. Also, the 'Drs.' on this forum that claim he needed to sit out all season. I think that narrative is finally out the window.

I think you have me confused with someone else, but hey don’t let facts interfere with rage mode. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Clearly the Team played a lot better with Darnold last week. This doesn’t detract from the fact the previous four week was the biggest sh*t show I’ve ever seen of the 40 years of watching this team. People denying this, either didn’t watch the games, or are total hommers.

Also the threads of “we are still making the playoffs” is still Ludicrous and hyperbolic. Darnold has a very long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Payton Manning. The owners, coaches, GM’s of this team have done an incredibly poor job constructing this roster. It’s only because the Browns and Giants fooked up Darnold landed in our laps. 

By the way, the Jets are 1-4, and face the best team in the league and World champs Monday night.

People are allowed to come on here and express their options. 

I also think butt fumbling every post you disagree with, is some what childish, but whatever. Plus calling people out isn’t going to help either.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Call me crazy but im not scared of the pats offense at all.  Especially w/ gordon out.

The D needs to play up and not give up the dink and dunk.

I need to see brady complete 2 or 3 deep throws b4 im backing off the recievers.

No brady dinks Monday night until he completes a few balls deep.

Don't back down.  You had us at 3-13.  Stick to your guns.  Bandwagon is full.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

There is an 84% chance that the Bills make it.  And they won't.  LOLOLOL.

SAR I

Actually, the Bills are down to a 68% chance, as per FO.  But, it'll probably go up slightly when they beat the Dolphins this week.  That said, if the Jets upset the Pats, I'm on board, we're making the playoffs.

• Upvote 1