We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we beat the jags this isn’t crazy

This place is like a seesaw. Jets win, optimism to the moon. Jets lose, pessimism in the Mariana Trench.

Reminds me of when I went to a Jets game in Baltimore during the Brooks Bollinger times. Ravens won of course. After the game I went to a convenience store. The clerk tried to give a customer in a Ravens jersey a high five. The customer refused and said “why are you so happy it was just the Jets.” Baltimore has real fans. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, daquix said:

Uh...

Josh Allen: 62.4% completion

Sam Darnold: 59.0% completion

And you're worried Allen's accuracy? That's not being subjective at all lol.

Through 16 total games, Allen has more total yards (passing/rushing), more total TD's (8 more!), less INT's, higher yards per pass, and a better record.

--------------------------

Josh Allen

Total Yards: 4,219 yards

Total TD's: 28 TD's

Total INT's: 19 INT's

Record: 10-5 (when completing the game)

Sam Darnold

Total Yards: 3,602 yards

Total TD's: 21 TD's

Total INT's: 20 INT's

Record: 5-11

--------------------------

Allen is better in nearly every statistical category.

And again, no amount of time or coaching will grow him a stronger arm.

Darnold will NEVER be able throw frozen ropes in-between 3 defenders (like the tweet below). He doesn't have the physical arm talent to do it. 

Darnold has a very strong arm and can make every throw.  Only a few mph behind Josh Allen.  He also can hit many different types of throws at differing speeds.  Allen ONLY has 1 speed, as did Jeff George, he has never nor will he ever be able to do that, and that’s a very important attribute to have as a QB.

I just saw Allen miss wide open receivers on Opening Day, by A LOT, on Opening Day against the Jets, throwing at his 1 SPEED.

Look I’m done trying to argue with you, since I could argue that there are 4 losses from last year that should be readjusted for Wins as Darnold had Houston’s Top ranked D beat, all by himself, but his awful so called coach Bowles D blew the game in the final drive with the Jets in the lead, JJ Watt told Darnold “you’re going to be a great Pro”, after the game.  Same thing happened with Darnold putting the worthless team on his back again and having Aaron Rodgers beat the following week.  Same things happened earlier in the year against Cleve and Miami.

The Jets are such a train wreck from roster to coaching staff, you can’t properly evaluate Darnold, but there are tons of things to like in what has been seen already in a very small sample size.  He didn’t even have any semblance of a running game last year, couldn’t even play action.  He has basically been playing 1 on 11 almost his entire short career.  That was on display Monday Night for sure with an OL and so called coaching staff that is clueless as to how to pick up a single blitz.

Like I said before it’s possible that this joke of a Franchise ruins Darnold, but I’m thinking he has the mental make up to persevere.

If you’ve seen every snap Darnold has taken its obvious you can’t judge him solely based off stats.

Look, if you told me today the Jets could have Allen in a trade for Darnold I’d never do it, but I will take Buffalo’s coaching staff and Defense and OL.

Come on this forum and talk when Allen is putting up points and Buff is winning games AGAINST WINNING TEAMS.

Their last game they were almost beat by Miami.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Darnold has a very strong arm and can make every throw.  Only a few mph behind Josh Allen.  He also can hit many different types of throws at differing speeds.  Allen ONLY has 1 speed, as did Jeff George, he has never nor will he ever be able to do that, and that’s a very important attribute to have as a QB.

I just saw Allen miss wide open receivers on Opening Day, by A LOT, on Opening Day against the Jets, throwing at his 1 SPEED.

Look I’m done trying to argue with you, since I could argue that there are 4 losses from last year that should be readjusted for Wins as Darnold had Houston’s Top ranked D beat, all by himself, but his awful so called coach Bowles D blew the game in the final drive with the Jets in the lead, JJ Watt told Darnold “you’re going to be a great Pro”, after the game.  Same thing happened with Darnold putting the worthless team on his back again and having Aaron Rodgers beat the following week.  Same things happened earlier in the year against Cleve and Miami.

The Jets are such a train wreck from roster to coaching staff, you can’t properly evaluate Darnold, but there are tons of things to like in what has been seen already in a very small sample size.  He didn’t even have any semblance of a running game last year, couldn’t even play action.  He has basically been playing 1 on 11 almost his entire short career.  That was on display Monday Night for sure with an OL and so called coaching staff that is clueless as to how to pick up a single blitz.

Like I said before it’s possible that this joke of a Franchise ruins Darnold, but I’m thinking he has the mental make up to persevere.

If you’ve seen every snap Darnold has taken its obvious you can’t judge him solely based off stats.

Look, if you told me today the Jets could have Allen in a trade for Darnold I’d never do it, but I will take Buffalo’s coaching staff and Defense and OL.

Come on this forum and talk when Allen is putting up points and Buff is winning games AGAINST WINNING TEAMS.

Their last game they were almost beat by Miami.

Readjusting losses to wins. That’s a new one.

notorious ryan guzman GIF by The Paley Center for Media

• Haha 1

Why is this topic still even around? You have to be phucking kidding me. THERE WILL BE NO PLAYOFFS FOR THIS TEAM THIS YEAR. Just stop the insanity. They beat Dallas guys are ecstatic. They get murdered by NE and guys are committing seppuku. I swear Jet Fans are more reactionary than a feminist at a Trump rally.

This is a development year for Sam. He missed games AGAIN this year which is going to set back his development. Take whatever wins you get this year and enjoy them. To talk smack over a win by this team is just plain moronic. Thats like talking smack because you hit the lottery.

To all the guys who still believe they will make the playoffs. May God be with you my young padawan Jet Fan. I was once like you and held out hope until the bitter reality of mathematical elimination was clear. Now I enjoy the better things in life. You must realize that after a Jet loss the Sun will come up tomorrow. The world will not end if the Jets are not in the playoffs. When you come to this realization you will be complete and achieve peace. I wish you all well my Jet Brothers..........except @SARI. Phuck that guy.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You write this as if the Jets have only been down for a season or two. 

The Jets have gone 8 straight seasons (soon to be 9) without a playoff appearance. They have had one winning season since 2010. They have lost 8 out of their last 9 home games. I could go on. 

When is it ok to mad? When is it no longer "overreacting?"

The Bowles/Maccagnan era is over.  The whining for that duo ended in March.  Gase and Douglas just got here.  It's only October.  The players and the new system are 7 weeks old.  Our franchise quarterback has played 2 1/2 weeks.  Our GM hasn't had a chance to make an impact.

You can get mad a year from now if it looks like we haven't shown legitimate improvement by Week 7.  Until then, shhhh.  We're going on a winning streak.  You'll be happy in a few weeks, you will be able to tease your Giants friends since that's so important to you.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Even if everything breaks our way,l you will need 10 wins to get in the playoffs this year.  The bills are getting to 10 wins and either the Colts/Texans are getting 10.  

SAR left this out of his calculations.  Kind of like how he thought 11 wins would win the AFC east.  HAHAHAAHAHA.

Stop saying "our" when you're a Bills fan.

SAR I

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Readjusting losses to wins. That’s a new one.

notorious ryan guzman GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Again, but this time I’ll keep the post short, your team is NEVER going to win a Super Bowl, especially with Josh Allen as your QB.  They never could even with Jim Kelly.  All his Wins have been agains the weakest teams in the NFL.  

What’s that guy doing with his hands?  Is that what you do when you can’t believe that you just saw 8 bowling alleys on the same block up in Buffalo?  What’s with Inbreds and bowling?  There is some kind of correlation.

Enjoy your season.  Get back to me after your team plays New England again.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

This place is like a seesaw. Jets win, optimism to the moon. Jets lose, pessimism in the Mariana Trench.

In a way its fun to watch the SOJF Victim's Brigade flip and flop like that.  Mets fans, Pavlov, and all.  It is tiring though.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

How Deep does this trolling go with you?

Endless B.S.

If you are so miserable, why are you here?  This thread isn't a prerequisite.  Seems to me that if you don't think the Jets are making the playoffs you don't belong here.  There are about a dozen 'whoa is me pity me I'm a loser just like the Mets I can't stop weeping' threads you can go and nut in instead.  Don't come into a thread trying to troll and then get upset because you're getting trolled.  Masochist.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Reminds me of when I went to a Jets game in Baltimore during the Brooks Bollinger times. Ravens won of course. After the game I went to a convenience store. The clerk tried to give a customer in a Ravens jersey a high five. The customer refused and said “why are you so happy it was just the Jets.” Baltimore has real fans. 

I stay in the trench, you Win in the trenches ?

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Bowles/Maccagnan era is over.  The whining for that duo ended in March.  Gase and Douglas just got here.  It's only October.  The players and the new system are 7 weeks old.  Our franchise quarterback has played 2 1/2 weeks.  Our GM hasn't had a chance to make an impact.

You can get mad a year from now if it looks like we haven't shown legitimate improvement by Week 7.  Until then, shhhh.  We're going on a winning streak.  You'll be happy in a few weeks, you will be able to tease your Giants friends since that's so important to you.

SAR I

1) It's more than just Gase, Rex, Douglas, Macc, Tanny, Idzik, etc. As Jets fans, we have witnessed decades of losing with occasional (brief) teases of success. We are talking about the big picture, here. Heck, the past 8 years alone span 3 different regimes (Rex/Tanny, Idzik Tanny, Macc/Bowles) and we are just getting our first taste of a fourth one this season. 

2) You can wait until week 7. I'm angry now. What I witnessed on Monday night was embarrassing. It was a sick joke. And, of course, it happened on national TV. It will be remembered for years. The "I'm seeing ghosts game" could very well end up sticking with Darnold the way the "butt-fumble game" ended up sticking with Sanchez, except at least Sanchez played in a couple of AFC title games. 

I'm tired of being a national laughingstock. I'm tired of fans like you telling me that at least we aren't the lions/browns/cardinals/whoever the f*ck. I'm tired of all of it. 

3) I don't have any "Giants friends" who I tease about anything. In fact, I'm painstakingly careful to not tease anyone about football in real life, because I know what an absolute joke of a franchise I root for. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Even if everything breaks our way,l you will need 10 wins to get in the playoffs this year.  The bills are getting to 10 wins and either the Colts/Texans are getting 10.  

SAR left this out of his calculations.  Kind of like how he thought 11 wins would win the AFC east.  HAHAHAAHAHA.

AFC Head to head matchups and AFC record matter.     The Jets are 0-4 in the AFC .   After the Raiders beats the Texans they will be the sixth seed.   With wins over the Colts, and Texans- Win the tie breaker against either team.  Raiders are getting to 10 wins.( survive the killer road schedule3-3 with very easy schedule remaining ). 7. At Texans,  Lions , Chargers , Bengals, At Jets , at Chiefs , Titans Jaguars , at Chargers ,at Broncos.

6 minutes ago, daquix said:

Except, no.

It was a loss.

And this game will be in Buffalo.

The Jets beat Buffalo, the game was over after Darnold hit Lev with the TD strike and the two-point conversion.  You were getting shut out that day.  But groin pull changed all that.  Its fine, it happens, tough break for the Jets.  But we had you beaten.

So when we see your sorry asses in trailer country come late December, we're going to give it to you good again, send you off to Florida and the golf course for New Year's Eve.  Either the Jets or the Colts take your playoff spot.  Sorry to be the one to break it to you before Halloween but that's how it goes, Jethro.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In a way its fun to watch the SOJF Victim's Brigade flip and flop like that.  Mets fans, Pavlov, and all.  It is tiring though.

SAR I

Some are perpetually sunny and some are perpetually cloudy both both "sides" has flippers.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If you are so miserable, why are you here?  This thread isn't a prerequisite.  Seems to me that if you don't think the Jets are making the playoffs you don't belong here.  There are about a dozen 'whoa is me pity me I'm a loser just like the Mets I can't stop weeping' threads you can go and nut in.

SAR I

Don’t tell me, what I can do or can’t do.

Your perception of reality, and reality is so far apart, I’d need the Enterprise at warp speed to bridge it.

I’m not sure if this is just shtick, or you should visit a Medical professional.

15 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Again, but this time I’ll keep the post short, your team is NEVER going to win a Super Bowl, especially with Josh Allen as your QB.  They never could even with Jim Kelly.  All his Wins have been agains the weakest teams in the NFL.  

What’s that guy doing with his hands?  Is that what you do when you can’t believe that you just saw 8 bowling alleys on the same block up in Buffalo?  What’s with Inbreds and bowling?  There is some kind of correlation.

Look at my post count. I'm not BillsFanTX.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) It's more than just Gase, Rex, Douglas, Macc, Tanny, Idzik, etc. As Jets fans, we have witnessed decades of losing with occasional (brief) teases of success. We are talking about the big picture, here. Heck, the past 8 years alone span 3 different regimes (Rex/Tanny, Idzik Tanny, Macc/Bowles) and we are just getting our first taste of a fourth one this season. 

2) You can wait until week 7. I'm angry now. What I witnessed on Monday night was embarrassing. It was a sick joke. And, of course, it happened on national TV. It will be remembered for years. The "I'm seeing ghosts game" could very well end up sticking with Darnold the way the "butt-fumble game" ended up sticking with Sanchez, except at least Sanchez played in a couple of AFC title games. 

I'm tired of being a national laughingstock. I'm tired of fans like you telling me that at least we aren't the lions/browns/cardinals/whoever the f*ck. I'm tired of all of it. 

3) I don't have any "Giants friends" who I tease about anything. In fact, I'm painstakingly careful to not tease anyone about football in real life, because I know what an absolute joke of a franchise I root for. 

You are the classic Buttfumbler.  Meaning, you're the guy that let that one play get in your head, you're the one who is so self-conscious about water cooler teasing, you're the one who hates on ESPN for some phantom 'embarrassment' by showing that play over and over again.  Enough already. 

Man up.  This is football, not ballet.  Be a man.  What idiot thinks that a head coach who was down to his third-string quarterback for 3 weeks should be judged after 7 weeks?  What fool sees the Cowboys game and isn't impressed how Gase held the team together through adversity?  Bill Belichick has made every NFL head coach look unprepared, has made every NFL quarterback confused.  Jesus.  Get some balls and believe in this team for once.  Or don't.  Maybe its time to walk away.  There are only 11 professional teams in town.  Pick one.  One that won't make you so weepy all the time.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

AFC Head to head matchups and AFC record matter.     The Jets are 0-4 in the AFC .   After the Raiders beats the Texans they will be the sixth seed.   With wins over the Colts, and Texans- Win the tie breaker against either team.  Raiders are getting to 10 wins.( survive the killer road schedule3-3 with very easy schedule remaining ).

The Raiders?  LOL.  They are almost as mediocre as the Bills.  But at least you've beaten a decent team.  Like the Jets over the Cowboys, the Raiders over the Colts was impressive. 

The sad thing for the Raiders and Bills fans is that a) the Cowboys are going to beat the Bills, and b) the Jets are going to beat the Raiders.  So it's all going to wash in the end.  Jets have lot of AFC and common opponents to feast on between now and Thanksgiving.  Yum.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, daquix said:

LOL.

I literally laughed out loud when he said Darnold has the same arm as Allen.

Yeah... Ok...

Allen literally threw a ball out of the stadium on Sunday (or came close) after a TD

We can have an honest debate about who will be the better pro but being in the pro-Darnold camp, I wouldn't lead with "arm strength."

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

frustrated whats wrong with you GIF

Let's see....

1.  I'm not a pussy?

2.  This isn't ballet?

3.  The team I saw in preseason and against Dallas is a team I believe in for the next 10 weeks?

Wait.  All of the above.  Let me get you a tissue, Sally.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Don’t tell me, what I can do or can’t do.

Your perception of reality, and reality is so far apart, I’d need the Enterprise at warp speed to bridge it.

I’m not sure if this is just shtick, or you should visit a Medical professional.

Here's what we know to be true:

1.  This is a thread for Jets optimists to discuss our turnaround.

2.  You are a Jets pessimist here to troll this thread.

3.  You are a very poor troll, Sally.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

So, are "optimists" the people who think the Jets beat Buffalo?

LOL

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, daquix said:

LOL.

I literally laughed out loud when he said Darnold has the same arm as Allen.

Yeah... Ok...

Allen literally threw a ball out of the stadium on Sunday (or came close) after a TD

At the Combine Allen threw a ball at 63 mph...Darnold threw at almost 60.  I’ve seen Darnold throw frozen ropes too, especially on Out routes where it’s most important.  But again, Darnold can throw with touch too.  

Your guy only throws at 1 speed...that’s not good.  You will see.

100 years from now when Buffalo STILL doesn’t have a SB Trophy you can still talk about how Josh Allen almost threw a ball out of the stadium up there where you’re from.

Darnold can hit any throw and is dangerous anywhere on the field, so what’s the difference if Allen can throw 3 mph faster?

Darnold’s biggest problem is he needs an Upgrade of about 47 guys currently on his roster and new coaches on Offense.

Buffalo is way ahead of the Jets in their rebuild.  I wonder what Allen’s stats would be playing the majority of his games with no OL, a Center who can’t snap, no Running game, and the worst coaches in the league?

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

How many seasons has this happened when we look forward to a good season and quickly it turns into a disaster. 

Every good season the Jets have had since 2001 starts out the exact same way as it is now.  We've made the postseason 6 times and won 6 playoff games since then following the 2019 "Oh my God we suuuuuuuuck!" script.  Bad start.  String of losses in a row.  QB throwing 5 picks in a game.  Horrible December loss.  We've even had coaches declaring we've been eliminated from the playoffs and then we go and make the playoffs.

You'd think they'd have learned this by now.  It's never going to be 'the right way' for the Jets.  It's always going to be this way.

SAR I

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Raiders?  LOL.  They are almost as mediocre as the Bills.  But at least you've beaten a decent team.  Like the Jets over the Cowboys, the Raiders over the Colts was impressive. 

The sad thing for the Raiders and Bills fans is that a) the Cowboys are going to beat the Bills, and b) the Jets are going to beat the Raiders.  So it's all going to wash in the end.  Jets have lot of AFC and common opponents to feast on between now and Thanksgiving.  Yum.

SAR I

Sar1 when the Jets get eliminated before the Raiders game sell me your tickets for the Raiders / Jet game.     Only right things do after  making these  crazy predictions .   This was the year for the Jets to make the playoffs - very favorable travel schedule.    Next year you play the AFC West again.   The Raiders will again see the Jets at Metlife .   
Hopefully next year you will give the Raiders a better game.

Btw Sar1 .   The Raiders beating the Colts is way more important than Jets beating the Cowboys.   Why.   The Colts are an AFC team that’s a potential wild card , where the Cowboys are an NFC team- that  dosen’t   do anything for you.     AFC Games are like two wins, versus one win for NFC games.   Like the Raiders beating the Bears doesn’t  have the same effect as the Colts.

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Your only win came against a 3-3 Dallas team. You guys became a national embarrassment playing New England. The Hoodie was literally laughing at the Jets. Let that sink in.

New England plays the Bills and at the end of the game The Hoddie was orchestrating the defense play calls himself to ensure the win. Thats how much respect he gave the Bills. 

Since McDermott has become the coach of the Bills do you know he has shut down the New England everytime. Our problem is we had to trout out Derek Anderson, Tyrod Taylor. You bring up when the Bills play New England again. Guess what it will be a game. Jets couldn’t even score a offensive point against the Pats. Enough said.

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Troll no realist yes.

I like to keep on the sane side of sanity.

Facts over fantasy 

D1040A3F-37FA-42C7-8745-69A4CBCBE705.jpeg