We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Sam then did what Sam always does when he gets the ball in the 4th within a score.  Throws a dumb pick.

Whenever I worry that he may not be the franchise quarterback of our dreams, I look at that terrible OL, the lack of weapons, and the lack of depth and I still feel good about him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

After all the adversity, Gase called some nice plays to work around the awful offensive line, Sam executed them, we scored a TD then scored the 2-point conversion, we were right back in there.  But the injuries piled up, then foolish defensive penalties, just couldn't overcome them.

It's a stepping-stone game.  The Soft 6 in our schedule is ahead of us, just need to play a little better.

SAR I

A LITTLE better? This is so bad right now that you could literally change out about 43 players on the active roster. This roster is WORSE than the 1996 Jets.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We are 1-2 with a healthy quarterback.  Not the best situation, but the Pats are very strong and the Jags played better than we did, what with all the injuries.  Let's get healthy and get ready for the Soft 6 in the schedule.  We'll be 7-6 and have a lot of momentum going into the final 3.

SAR I

Hopefully they don't drug test you at work. You have a family to worry about.?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are 1-2 with a healthy quarterback.  Not the best situation, but the Pats are very strong and the Jags played better than we did, what with all the injuries.  Let's get healthy and get ready for the Soft 6 in the schedule.  We'll be 7-6 and have a lot of momentum going into the final 3.

SAR I

You’re either seeing future visions or hallucinating. In either case I’m convinced you smoke peyote on Sundays ;) 

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I was watching a different game.  The game I watched wasn't gutsy or close.

The injuries, the 8 sacks, the bad defensive play, the penalties.....they still rallied to get within 7 points in the 4th quarter. Was a game we could have won with a couple of good bounces.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re either seeing future visions or hallucinating. In either case I’m convinced you smoke peyote on Sundays ;) 

As I said back in August, this team has 11-5 talent but a razor-thin roster with no depth.  Today's effort shows that when we get our injured guys back we'll be racking up the wins.  But there comes a point when you run out of offensive linemen and linebackers, not much you can do.

Getting healthy is the key to 9-7 right now.  We're on the cusp of running out of time.

SAR I

The injuries, the 8 sacks, the bad defensive play, the penalties.....they still rallied to get within 7 points in the 4th quarter. Was a game we could have won with a couple of good bounces.

SAR I

And with a couple of more bad bounces they could have lost by 30.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

And with a couple of more bad bounces they could have lost by 30.

That's the NFL.  Style points do not matter.

We were within 7 points in the 4th quarter.  If the Jags DB doesn't take a very smart PI against Robbie he was gone for a game tying 96 yard touchdown.

SAR I

Just now, BettyBoop said:

You forgot the terrible coaching.

If Jamal Adams doesn't take 30 yards in needless personal fouls that's 7 points the Jags don't score, and if Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye actually played the safety position today that's another 7 points the Jags don't score.

Gase didn't lose the game today.  God (injuries) and Gregg (lousy D play) did.

SAR I

That's the NFL.  Style points do not matter.

We were within 7 points in the 4th quarter.  If the Jags DB doesn't take a very smart PI against Robbie he was gone for a game tying 96 yard touchdown.

SAR I

Style points don't matter you say, but you think we actually beat Buffalo.  You actually think we were really 3-3.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As I said back in August, this team has 11-5 talent but a razor-thin roster with no depth.  Today's effort shows that when we get our injured guys back we'll be racking up the wins.  But there comes a point when you run out of offensive linemen and linebackers, not much you can do.

Getting healthy is the key to 9-7 right now.  We're on the cusp of running out of time.

SAR I

11-5 talent???? Where?? Even with injuries that talent is no where near 11-5 talent. You're not taking into account they have worst talent in the league at OL where games are won and lost in the trenches 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

11-5 talent???? Where?? Even with injuries that talent is no where near 11-5 talent. You're not taking into account they have worst talent in the league at OL where games are won and lost in the trenches 

Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)

Those are among the Jets very best players and/or the FA's we were counting on and they have missed the vast majority of the season.  Without those players, we are the 2018 Jets, another 4-12 season.  So this shouldn't surprise anyone.  Healthy we are quite talented.  Beat up like this?  Not so much.

SAR I

Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)

Those are among the Jets very best players and/or the FA's we were counting on and they have missed the vast majority of the season.  Without those players, we are the 2018 Jets, another 4-12 season.  So this shouldn't surprise anyone.  Healthy we are quite talented.  Beat up like this?  Not so much.

SAR I

And that makes up 11-5 talent. ROTFL. I'm generally optimistic but this team is not talented, certainly not 11-5 even with injuries. Osmelly stunk before the injury,  and Enunwa is average at best when healthy. Herndon lost 4 games due to his own stupidity and as a result had poor conditioning. That's not a true injury for 7 games. Siemian stinks period

The Jets have a few proven good players: Bell, mosley, Williamson, and Adams. You can debate about a few other players injured or not, but that is hardly 11-5 talent 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Do you a lifeboat when the ship goes down?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

path.jpg

Today's tough, gutsy close loss was encouraging, but it's still a L nonetheless. 

We now don't have any wiggle room, have to beat Washington to get to 9-7.  Injuries are a big concern now, we really need some good news on the medical front.

SAR I

You still didn't answer my question....does this still get us in the playoffs??

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

You still didn't answer my question....does this still get us in the playoffs??

I haven't spoken about the playoffs for weeks.  I believe that we are capable of a) getting to 9 wins if our injured players start coming back and b) beating the Bills in Week 17.

SAR I

3 hours ago, billo83 said:

And that makes up 11-5 talent. ROTFL. I'm generally optimistic but this team is not talented, certainly not 11-5 even with injuries. Osmelly stunk before the injury,  and Enunwa is average at best when healthy. Herndon lost 4 games due to his own stupidity and as a result had poor conditioning. That's not a true injury for 7 games. Siemian stinks period

The Jets have a few proven good players: Bell, mosley, Williamson, and Adams. You can debate about a few other players injured or not, but that is hardly 11-5 talent 

We had 11-5 talent with this schedule, which is very easy.  You don't need to have "11 win talent" to win 11 games in the NFL.  The Bills aren't a 6-1 team.  That's why they lost to the first tough team they played, the Eagles.

If the Jets stayed healthy 11 wins were in the bag.  But the season was a disaster from the opening gun, sometimes injuries and illness happens.

SAR I

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

91104-D3-B-8-EDE-4-EC9-B398-D0-E008-FC74

By the end of play Monday night, the record of the Jets next 6 opponents will be 6-39.

No lifeboat necessary. 

SAR I

So what, our record is 1-6. Even if they go 4-2 in those 6 games(don't be delusional and think they are going 6-0) they would still be 5-8 with Ravens, Steelers and Bills next. TBH at this point I would rather them tank, fire Gase, and hope that Douglas does a good job drafting. This season is over. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We had 11-5 talent with this schedule, which is very easy.  You don't need to have "11 win talent" to win 11 games in the NFL.  The Bills aren't a 6-1 team.  That's why they lost to the first tough team they played, the Eagles.

If the Jets stayed healthy 11 wins were in the bag.  But the season was a disaster from the opening gun, sometimes injuries and illness happens.

SAR I

Last time I checked Pats were our 1st tough test. Philly is a tough test regardless of record. At least we didnt give up 10 sacks. I wasnt going to ask because we got our own issues but can I get your feelings on the Jets game vs Jacksonville today. How was it seeing your draft pick oh my bad their draft pick Josh Allen today.

54 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So what, our record is 1-6. Even if they go 4-2 in those 6 games(don't be delusional and think they are going 6-0) they would still be 5-8 with Ravens, Steelers and Bills next. TBH at this point I would rather them tank, fire Gase, and hope that Douglas does a good job drafting. This season is over. 

How about we beat the Dolphins and Giants first, and then talk about where we stand.  This fanbase blows with the wind, next week we'll win and everyone will be naming their children "Sam" and their pets "Gase".

SAR I

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Last time I checked Pats were our 1st tough test. Philly is a tough test regardless of record. At least we didnt give up 10 sacks. I wasnt going to ask because we got our own issues but can I get your feelings on the Jets game vs Jacksonville today. How was it seeing your draft pick oh my bad their draft pick Josh Allen today.

bills.jpg

Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills has still only beaten 1 team that ended the season with a winning record.  He is now 1-8 in such contests.

That's a problem, considering you're going to be facing 6 more this season.  Print this out, tape it to your trailer's door.  The inside- wouldn't want someone stealing it and trying to sell it for bread and water.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How about we beat the Dolphins and Giants first, and then talk about where we stand.  This fanbase blows with the wind, next week we'll win and everyone will be naming their children "Sam" and their pets "Gase".

SAR I

Delusional disorder is characterized by one or more firmly held false beliefs that persist for at least 1 month.

• The false beliefs may be ordinary things that could occur (such as being deceived by a spouse) or things unlikely to occur (such as having internal organs removed without leaving a scar).

• This disorder may develop in people with a paranoid personality disorder.

• Doctors base the diagnosis mainly on the person’s history after they rule out other possible causes.

• People usually remain functional and employed.

• A good doctor-patient relationship is essential to treatment.

Delusional disorder usually first affects people in middle or late adult life. It is less common than schizophrenia. Delusional disorder is distinguished from schizophrenia by the presence of delusions without any of the other symptoms of psychosis (for example, hallucinations, disorganized speech, or disorganized behavior).

Delusions may involve situations that could conceivably occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, infected, loved at a distance, or deceived by a spouse or lover. Or they may involve situations that are very unlikely to occur, such as having internal organs removed without leaving a scar. The difference between a delusion and a false or mistaken belief is that people continue to believe in a delusion no matter how much clear evidence contradicts it.

Types of delusional disorder

There are several subtypes of delusional disorder:

• Erotomanic: People believe that another person is in love with them. They often try to contact the object of the delusion through telephone calls, letters, or digital messages. Some attempt surveillance, and stalking is common. Behavior related to the delusion may be against the law.

• Grandiose: People are convinced that they have some great talent or have made some important discovery.

• Jealous: People are convinced that a spouse or lover is unfaithful. This belief is based on incorrect inferences supported by dubious evidence. Under such circumstances, physical assault may be a significant danger.

• Persecutory: People believe that they are being plotted against, spied on, maligned, or harassed. People may repeatedly file lawsuits or reports to the police or other government agencies. Rarely, people resort to violence in retaliation for imagined persecution.

• Somatic: People are preoccupied with a bodily function or attribute, such as an imagined physical deformity or odor. The delusion can also take the form of an imagined medical disorder, such as having parasites.

Symptoms

A delusional disorder may develop from a preexisting paranoid personality disorder. Beginning in early adulthood, people with a paranoid personality disorder have a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others and their motives.

Early symptoms of delusional disorder may include

• Feeling exploited

• Being preoccupied with the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends

• Reading threatening meanings into benign remarks or events

• Bearing grudges for a long time

• Responding readily to perceived slights

Behavior is not obviously bizarre or odd. People with delusional disorder tend to function relatively well, except when their delusions cause problems. For example, they may have marital problems if they are incorrectly convinced their spouse is being unfaithful.

Diagnosis

• A doctor's evaluation

After ruling out other specific conditions that can cause delusions (such as a substance use disorder), a doctor bases the diagnosis largely on the person’s history and symptoms. The doctor also must assess how dangerous the person might be, particularly how likely the person is to act on the delusions.

Prognosis

Delusional disorder does not usually cause severe impairment. However, people may become progressively more involved with their delusion.

Most people are able to remain employed, as long as their work does not involve people or events related to their delusions.

Treatment

• Establishment of a good doctor-patient relationship

• Sometimes antipsychotic drugs

Treatment can be difficult because some people firmly believe their delusion and refuse to seek help. A good doctor-patient relationship helps. Once a relationship is established, doctors can encourage people who are resistant to being treated to participate in treatment.

Hospitalization may be needed if the doctor believes that people are dangerous.

Antipsychotic drugs are not generally used but are sometimes effective in reducing symptoms.

A long-term treatment goal is to shift the person’s focus away from the delusion to a more constructive and gratifying area, although this goal is frequently difficult to achieve.

Last full review/revision December 2018 by Carol Tamminga, MD
NOTE: This is the Consumer Version. DOCTORS: Click here for the Professional Version
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)

SAR I

So stop talking about how the JETS are going to the playoff. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Wine about the injuries but still talk about the playoffs. Which one is it. Jets problems run deeper than a couple of injuries. Your main concen should not be the playoffs. It should be how to get GASE away from Darnold ASAP before you lose him for good.

1 minute ago, Mastenpark said:

So stop talking about how the JETS are going to the playoff. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Wine about the injuries but still talk about the playoffs. Which one is it. Jets problems run deeper than a couple of injuries. Your main concen should not be the playoffs. It should be how to get GASE away from Darnold ASAP before you lose him for good.

I'M more worried about the state of the school system in Buffalo after reading this. Sad.

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'M more worried about the state of the school system in Buffalo after reading this. Sad.

Damn bro I was typing fast. Here I made the edits so I can get A+ from you teacher. 

So stop talking about how the JETS are going to the playoffs. You are always talking out of both sides of your mouth. Whining about the injuries but still talking about the playoffs. Which one is it SAR I ? Jets problems run deeper than a couple of injuries. Your main concern should not be the playoffs. It should be how to get GASE away from Darnold ASAP before you lose him for good.

Are you happy now loser. 

12 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

I haven't said anything about the playoffs since Darnold got mono and his backup got an ACL.  That was a month ago.  Since then, I said I believe we can get to 9-7 and knock the pretend Bills out of the playoffs for good measure.  And so long as we get some missing pieces back and do not suffer any more blows to our already-thin roster, I still believe that.

This Gase nonsense will all stop when we win our next 2 games.  Just like the pretend Bills, the Jets have a whole bunch of fluff on the schedule.  We just get ours in the middle of the season where yours were conveniently stacked nice and early.  Don't worry about the Jets.  Worry about how RG4 can't beat teams with winning records.  As of today, he's Sam Darnold with a much tougher schedule.  And don't forget all the late season "Fire McDermott!" articles when he loses 5 of his last 6 games. 

Merry Christmas, and especially, Happy New Year.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Damn bro I was typing fast. Here I made the edits so I can get A+ from you teacher. 

So stop talking about how the JETS are going to the playoffs. You are always talking out of both sides of your mouth. Whining about the injuries but still talk about the playoffs. Which one is it SAR I ? Jets problems run deeper than a couple of injuries. Your main concern should not be the playoffs. It should be how to get GASE away from Darnold ASAP before you lose him for good.

Are you happy now loser. 

Is that a question or a statement moron? 

image.png.861989672bee7f0f73b87da5582e76dd.png