Jump to content
Philc1

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jets723 said:

Nah I was pretty honest when we talked a few weeks ago.  I admitted that I wasn’t a Baker fan but I never said he wasn’t talented.  I never put all the blame on him but I did say he took a step backward.  You seemed to agree on that and even mentioned my post as being honest.  I assumed we were in a civil agreement there 

You didnt verbally put all the blame on him, but you certainly supported folks comments that did. 

 

I agreed with some of what you said because you were being critical, yet honest. As of late, the things you've supported havent been consistent with that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’ve given you honest assessments and you ignore them because you like the hot fire I bring with my Bakery hate.  You like dramatics.  

I f'ing love that sh*t! lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You didnt verbally put all the blame on him, but you certainly supported folks comments that did. 

 

I agreed with some of what you said because you were being critical, yet honest. As of late, the things you've supported havent been consistent with that. 

 

 

Nope not at all.  I was being honest the and now and you seemed to appreciate that.  I made no bones about it...I don’t like Baker but I also said the guy had talent. I also said that I respected that he is your favorite player But I still tried to be honest without taking shots at him.  As for “supporting” others a lot of it is joking around so you shouldn’t take offense to it.  However I think those people do make a lot of fair points too.  Anyway when it comes to our conversations I felt like I was fair and respectful knowing your feelings for Baker.  But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna support him all of a sudden lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

 

DEE581C8-05DA-419D-9610-D8E782D925C1.jpeg

I have to give you credit phil.

As dumb as your take on Baker is, you really are pretty funny sometimes, and I like that.

 =D>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nope not at all.  I was being honest the and now and you seemed to appreciate that.  

Yes, yes all the way. You were being honest, while supporting dishonesty. 

Playing the passive aggressor. I see you! 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I have to give you credit phil.

As dumb as your take on Baker is, you really are pretty funny sometimes, and I like that.

 =D>

I have a feeling that Phil knows Baker personally. lmao. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, yes all the way. You were being honest, while supporting dishonesty. 

Playing the passive aggressor. I see you! 

Whatever you tell yourself Buddy. **** this 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I have a feeling that Phil knows Baker personally. lmao. 

No I just know college system qbs.  I was one of the few people saying Mariota would suck ass

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, yes all the way. You were being honest, while supporting dishonesty. 

Playing the passive aggressor. I see you! 

That's his thing. Passive aggression.

I called it a while back in another thread... used the exact words.

Now wait for the "I've been very fair and honest..." response.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Whatever you tell yourself Buddy. **** this 😂 

You're a good guy 723.

There's nothing wrong with being a Jets fan boy on a NY Jets message board.

Just say what you mean, and mean what you say.

You're allowed to get into it, and disagree with people here. As a matter of fact, people will respect you more for taking a stance and arguing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

......he’s even worse than your boy Sh-tzpatrick

I guess Geno Smith fans are still bitter, all these years later, about how deeply wrong they got the Fitz vs. Geno debate. 

Imagine, still being butthurt over being wrong half a decade ago, lol.

Also, Fitz in 2019 > Darnold in 2019.  He produced the same or better in almost every production metric on a worse team, and beat the Patriots in a big, meaningful-to-Patriots game. 

That should really bother every Jets Fan.

Again, maybe instead of excusing it, we should be demanding Darnold be materially better than a worn out old Fitzy, eh?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You're a good guy 723.

There's nothing wrong with being a Jets fan boy on a NY Jets message board.

Just say what you mean, and mean what you say.

You're allowed to get into it, and disagree with people here. As a matter of fact, people will respect you more for taking a stance and arguing it.

I do take a stance and stand by it.  I just don’t like you are two faced about it.  I made the mistake once of being too trusting but not again.  I have nothing against you personally but it’s better just to agree to disagree and ignore each other.  Take care 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sponge bob is a better Q though.  

And is more accurate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I do take a stance and stand by it.  I just don’t like you are two faced about it.  I made the mistake once of being too trusting but not again.  I have nothing against you personally but it’s better just to agree to disagree and ignore each other.  Take care 

Okay, so I guess that means we won't talk again for what? Another hour? :-({|=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Okay, so I guess that means we won't talk again for what? Another hour? :-({|=

As long as you stop contacting me or pulling up old posts of mine it should last longer lol 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No I just know college system qbs.  I was one of the few people saying Mariota would suck ass

You know what you get from youtube videos. You literally proved that today. 


Creeper...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

As long as you stop contacting me or pulling up old posts of mine it should last longer lol 😂 

Well, that was quick, 😲

Do yourself a favor, don't turn this into a scene from a Hallmark movie. "I made a mistake once being too trusting..." jeez, c'mon man.

If you get upset, just post a GFY reply and move on.

Nobody here cares about "feelings". Except for @Jet_Engine1 he's really into that touchy feely kind of stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Every metric says Baker > Darnold so far in their careers.  Not by much in many places, to be fair, but still.

There is no Darnold-is-better argument that doesn't start/end with "eye test", "but weaponz" and other touchy-feely excuses that Darnold today is > Mayfield at the QB position.

Mayfield played a more difficult schedule of opponents, with fewer cupcakes to beat up in post-de facto elimination garbage time.

Mayfields O-line wasn't materially better than the Jets and his time-to-throw was similar to Darnolds.

Mayfields weapons were (and are) overvalued, OBJ especially isn't the guy he was years ago.

And Mayfields Coaches have been two abject failures (and he is headed into 2020 and Head Coach #3 in three years, if Darnold was facing that half of the Darnold fluffers here would already be saying 2020 couldn't be an evaluation year for Darnold, lol).

How about, instead of making excuses, we demand excellence?  We demand our franchise stop being so excuse-ridden, and put a damn winner on the field for a change?

How about, instead of finding 101 reasons why Darnold was amongst the bottom of NFL QB's in production, we instead demand/root for him to rise up to his potential and BE a top 10 QB in actual production, not just the "eye test" of biased Jets Fans?

Here is the thing, if Darnold really WAS the clear-cut best QB of his class, we wouldn't have to say it so often, it would be a given and the topic of the others wouldn't come up so often.  It's pretty obvious most Jets Fans keep repeating this lolmeme in an effort to convince themselves, not others.  Outside of New York no one thinks Darnolds is the #1 of that class, so far he's an also-ran in the group who still has great potential. 

Maybe we should be demanding Gase pt a top 10 offense on the field, no excuses.  Maybe we should be demanding Darnold produce like a #3 overall QB elite special great prospect and play 16 games and put up average 16-game NFL starter type numbers, no excuses.

Demand excellence, make no excuses.  THAT should be the 2020 Jets catch phrase.  It's too bad we have so many fans here who happily rush to white knight for this franchises failures.

Come on. They're not excuses; they're reasons. Get with the program you SOJF.

He doesn't need to pass for 4000 yards and 25 TDs yet because he's still so young. Keep your expectations grounded in reality -- who do you think he is, Ryan Tannehill? Jeebus!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well, that was quick, 😲

Do yourself a favor, don't turn this into a scene from a Hallmark movie. "I made a mistake once being too trusting..." jeez, c'mon man.

If you get upset, just post a GFY reply and move on.

Nobody here cares about "feelings". Except for @Jet_Engine1 he's really into that touchy feely kind of stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hes right, you know!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes right, you know!

14 in Green is ok. Insane but harmless 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I guess Geno Smith fans are still bitter, all these years later, about how deeply wrong they got the Fitz vs. Geno debate. 

Imagine, still being butthurt over being wrong half a decade ago, lol.

Also, Fitz in 2019 > Darnold in 2019.  He produced the same or better in almost every production metric on a worse team, and beat the Patriots in a big, meaningful-to-Patriots game. 

That should really bother every Jets Fan.

Again, maybe instead of excusing it, we should be demanding Darnold be materially better than a worn out old Fitzy, eh?

It isnt FAIR to compare Sam to an actual grown up. Sam is just a 22 y/o baby. 

He's been significantly worse than Fitz BOTH years. And yet...    he's SPECIAL, he's ELITE...   

He's been a bottom 5 QB 2 years. the #6 and THREE second rnders? Value thus far...   MINUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

It isnt FAIR to compare Sam to an actual grown up. Sam is just a 22 y/o baby. 

He's been significantly worse than Fitz BOTH years. And yet...    he's SPECIAL, he's ELITE...   

He's been a bottom 5 QB 2 years. the #6 and THREE second rnders? Value thus far...   MINUS.

It's obvious you're not doing "the eye test" thing properly. You need to work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's obvious you're not doing "the eye test" thing properly. You need to work on that.

yeah, I need the aplogists to erase my memory of all the subpar throws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yeah, I need the aplogists to erase my memory of all the subpar throws

We all see what we want.  So how much time would be reasonable, in your opinion, to give Sam before outright wanting a new QB?  1 more year?  2? 3?  Just curious.  Where are you on the patience scale with him, because it is not in line with most here, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's obvious you're not doing "the eye test" thing properly. You need to work on that.

 

I think I did the eye test wrong. Again. Dammit...

downloadfile-3.jpg.e5883935610bbb809dfe7deaed872b62.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

 

I think I did the eye test wrong. Again. Dammit...

downloadfile-3.jpg.e5883935610bbb809dfe7deaed872b62.jpg

You sick bastid. 😨

Oh well. It's not easy, and you only get two tries.... that's a lot of pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

We all see what we want.  So how much time would be reasonable, in your opinion, to give Sam before outright wanting a new QB?  1 more year?  2? 3?  Just curious.  Where are you on the patience scale with him, because it is not in line with most here, I think.

2 years.

I only see SOME of what I WANT ( good QB play 8 or 9 games maybe...since the season is um, 16 games long)

I see too much of what I do not want...   plays left on the field...  and flat out bad plays

it aint Sams fault that I got sucked into buying the NFL package and WATCHING a BAD football team...   whcih I had been good about,

by doing redzone only...

sucked in by what? Sam Darnold Hype. 

he is not what I thought we could be getting so far...   not by a pretty significant margin.

He seems like a good young man. Very likeable and I like him. 

Asof now his ceiling looks like Kirk Cousins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 total was my answer

Should be everyones answer for 1st round QBs.  Sam or any of his 1st round class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

As of now his ceiling looks like Kirk Cousins.

+1

Passing

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
Career       93 88 44-42-2 2104 3146 66.9 24107 155 4.9 71 2.3 1146 81 7.7 7.6 11.5 259.2 96.8   174 1315 6.87 6.84 5.2 10 13 69
6 yrs WAS     62 57 26-30-1 1372 2096 65.5 16206 99 4.7 55 2.6 763 81 7.7 7.5 11.8 261.4 93.7   106 847 6.98 6.75 4.8 8 12 43
2 yrs MIN     31 31 18-12-1 732 1050 69.7 7901 56 5.3 16 1.5 383 75 7.5 7.9 10.8 254.9 103.0   68 468 6.65 7.01 6.1 2 1 26
2012 24 WAS qb 12 3 1 1-0-0 33 48 68.8 466 4 8.3 3 6.3 20 77 9.7 8.6 14.1 155.3 101.6 77.7 3 27 8.61 7.53 5.9 1 1 2
2013 25 WAS qb 12 5 3 0-3-0 81 155 52.3 854 4 2.6 7 4.5 42 62 5.5 4.0 10.5 170.8 58.4 41.7 5 32 5.14 3.67 3.1     -2
2014 26 WAS qb 8 6 5 1-4-0 126 204 61.8 1710 10 4.9 9 4.4 75 81 8.4 7.4 13.6 285.0 86.4 52.0 8 70 7.74 6.77 3.8     4
2015 27 WAS QB 8 16 16 9-7-0 379 543 69.8 4166 29 5.3 11 2.0 205 78 7.7 7.8 11.0 260.4 101.6 71.7 26 186 6.99 7.14 4.6 2 3 12
2016* 28 WAS QB 8 16 16 8-7-1 406 606 67.0 4917 25 4.1 12 2.0 227 80 8.1 8.0 12.1 307.3 97.2 66.1 23 190 7.52 7.45 3.7 4 4 15
2017 29 WAS QB 8 16 16 7-9-0 347 540 64.3 4093 27 5.0 13 2.4 194 74 7.6 7.5 11.8 255.8 93.9 54.2 41 342 6.46 6.38 7.1 1 4 12
2018 30 MIN QB 8 16 16 8-7-1 425 606 70.1 4298 30 5.0 10 1.7 218 75 7.1 7.3 10.1 268.6 99.7 58.2 40 262 6.25 6.48 6.2 1 0 12
2019 31 MIN QB 8 15 15 10-5-0 307 444 69.1 3603 26 5.9 6 1.4 165 66 8.1 8.7 11.7 240.2 107.4 59.8 28 206 7.20 7.73 5.9 1 1 14
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

14 in Green is ok. Insane but harmless 😂 

He has his convictions and can also bust balls jokingly.

A lot better than being arrogant, dissecting every number searching for excuses, blaming everyone else and then telling anyone who disagrees that they're lacking comprehension.

Down deep hes a good guy.  Misguided but a good guy.  😁

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Asof now his ceiling looks like Kirk Cousins

Based on pretty much nothing.

Arm strength on down

Not that Cousins is an insult

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

He has his convictions and can also bust balls jokingly.

A lot better than being arrogant, dissecting every number searching for excuses, balms everyone else and then telling anyone who disagrees that they're lacking comprehension.

Down deep hes a good guy.  Misguided but a good guy.  LOL

 

True.  Admittedly it’s tough to always decipher when it’s breaking balls and when it isn’t but either way I agree.  At the end of the day it’s just sports nothing should be taken too seriously.  It’s a great distraction from pressures of work/families 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on pretty much nothing.

Arm strength on down

Not that Cousins is an insult

If Sam helps bring us a Super Bowl I could care less who he ends up becoming lol 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...