Props to Robby Anderson.

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Everything you said would be true except the fact that you think he’s a good route runner. If he was he’d actually be a real #1 instead of a #4, 3 at best on a super bowl contending offense. 
He’s one dimensional, which is still an asset for a good team. Some of you guys have the greenish tint of rose colored glasses though.

He's always open. Makes sense considering how far corners have to play off him to protect against a big play. Don't blame Robby because he's had a QB pushing 40 and a rookie throwing him the ball. When you consider that, and look at his production, tell me with a full season with a developed Darnold, he won't have a huge impact in every game he plays.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, genot said:

He's always open. Makes sense considering how far corners have to play off him to protect against a big play. Don't blame Robby because he's had a QB pushing 40 and a rookie throwing him the ball. When you consider that, and look at his production, tell me with a full season with a developed Darnold, he won't have a huge impact in every game he plays.

and twice on Sundays...

NO, he's not like Keyshawn...  big body shield ball, reliable possession reciever, or Hopkins or Evans balbbedy blah blah blah

but he's still quality and would make all 32 teams roster in a blink. Good for 6plus TDs every year... QUALITY OFFENSIVE CONTRIBUTOR WHO MAKES GAME CHANGING PLAYS

more Tds in last 2 years than Keenan Allen, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson, Ted Ginn, Mohammed Sanu....

just tryna think of names we all know...    

You can make an argument that he's the most valuable player on our offense outside of Darnold.  You can't teach that kind of speed and ability to track the deep ball.  Even when he's not getting the ball, he opens up the offense for our other guys.  They should've re-upped with him long before they did Enunwa's deal.  If they can somehow get a true #1  for next year and keep Anderson/Crowder as the 2/3 that'd make one of the better WR groups in the league. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, genot said:

He’s a 50 catch WR who’s never had over 1,000 yards and you’re stoned. He’s a good weapon/asset to have on an offense who already has #1 and #2 because he can provide space underneath as a deep threat. That’s what he is. A deep threat with soft hands but gets outmuscled on almost every jump ball and he can’t run routes for sh*t. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

but he's still quality and would make all 32 teams roster in a blink. Good for 6plus TDs every year...

Agreed, as a nice #3 or 4 on the good teams. Point is they’re still missing an elite #1 WR. Anderson is not an elite #1 WR. He’s a nice complimentary player. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He’s a 50 catch WR who’s never had over 1,000 yards and you’re stoned. He’s a good weapon/asset to have on an offense who already has #1 and #2 because he can provide space underneath as a deep threat. That’s what he is. A deep threat with soft hands but gets outmuscled on almost every jump ball and he can’t run routes for sh*t. 

He had over 64 catches last year with a rookie QB, a 39 year old QB, who couldn't throw the ball anymore, and he missed two games because of an ankle injury. The year before he had  over 65 catches and 950 yds receiving with a 38 yr old Josh Mccown. a career backup. Who's the one who's stoned. Last year he had two one hundred yard games, after Enumwa got hurt. Who was the stud WR, taking the pressure off Robby, so he could have those big games. Who's stoned. Me or you.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, genot said:

He had over 64 catches last year with a rookie QB, a 39 year old QB, who couldn't throw the ball anymore, and he missed two games because of an ankle injury. The year before he had  over 65 catches and 950 yds receiving with a 38 yr old Josh Mccown. a career backup. Who's the one who's stoned. Last year he had two one hundred yard games, after Enumwa got hurt. Who was the stud WR, taking the pressure off Robby, so he could have those big games. Who's stoned. Me or you.

Ignore list. dumbasses doubledumbassdown all the time.

may as well discusss descartes with a naked mole rat...

3091.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ignore list. dumbasses doubledumbassdown all the time.

may as well discusss descartes with a naked mole rat...

3091.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

I think it's a personal dislike for him. If the jet's had no choice but to play me as QB, and Robby didn't have a catch through 8 games. He would consider that proof positive that Robby isn't very good.

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

Dude can’t run a route and is a borderline liability on the field when it’s not a go route.

He’s a great #4 for a Super bowl contender tho.  

That hitch route yesterday left the defenders jock a mile behind him. Thats called running a great hitch and go route.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

and twice on Sundays...

NO, he's not like Keyshawn...  big body shield ball, reliable possession reciever, or Hopkins or Evans balbbedy blah blah blah

but he's still quality and would make all 32 teams roster in a blink. Good for 6plus TDs every year... QUALITY OFFENSIVE CONTRIBUTOR WHO MAKES GAME CHANGING PLAYS

more Tds in last 2 years than Keenan Allen, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson, Ted Ginn, Mohammed Sanu....

just tryna think of names we all know...    

Better than anyone Brady throws to now...

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Better than anyone Brady throws to now...

for big plays, sure. Edelman is till pretty good on those little routes that keep the chains going. Lil bastid.

And as for personal dislike.. @genot  it's obvious to anyone who isnt a .phugging troglodyte whats going on...

but this is a sportsboard so, off limits.

10 minutes ago, TNJet said:

That hitch route yesterday left the defenders jock a mile behind him. Thats called running a great hitch and go route.

Romo said he was wide open on a slant route, that could have gone the distance, but Sam went to Crowder instead. Not a knock on Sam, it was a completed pass to Crowder.

56 minutes ago, genot said:

He has one of the lowest percentage catch rates in the NFL. He had 50 catches last year which didn’t put him in the top 70. His best season was 63 catches on the worst WR core  in the nfl. His saving grace was the veteran QB. Obviously you.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TNJet said:

We’ve all established he can stretch the field already. Doesn’t mean he can consistently run a tree. Which he doesn’t. ie couldnt catch a 10 yd hook in the first quarter if we need a recent example. Couldn’t come down with one yesterday and a TD in the Bills game. Happens a lot with Anderson. Good player to have, but he’s not great. He tends to get out muscled and is one dimensional. This is a pretty obvious thing 

• Upvote 1

We’ve all established he can stretch the field already. Doesn’t mean he can consistently run a tree. Which he doesn’t. ie couldnt catch a 10 yd hook in the first quarter if we need a recent example. Couldn’t come down with one yesterday and a TD in the Bills game. Happens a lot with Anderson. Good player to have, but he’s not great. He tends to get out muscled and is one dimensional. This is a pretty obvious thing 

The problem with your argument is even if you are right or partially right about certain points, you are way off base on twice as much. He is a #3 or #4 on a Super Bowl contender? That is just completely ignorant.

He is effective deep and he is effective on the comeback route if absolutely nothing else. However, he showed more route capability last year and I think he will continue to do so this year now that Darnold is back. He is a young player.

No, he is not a #1. But to call him essentially a fringe starter just because he is not a #1 is just absolutely idiotic. I agree with other posters who say he would have a starting role on just about any team in the league.

The level of ignorance I see on this board never ceases to amaze me. Adams is vilified because he is a “box safety” and we didn’t draft someone else who was available. Robby is a scrub because he isn’t a true #1. I get that this fan base is starved for wins and success but I swear some people here just love to be miserable about every player and every facet of the team.
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kinda the unsung hero from last nights game. Obviously the names that captured the most attention was Darnold and his return, Adams key play to secure the game and Marcus Maye playing a really fantastic game. However, I want to make sure that Robby Anderson gets some love. It seems like anytime a thread is made on him it's to criticize some misunderstood public situation which usually turns into other things...

Dude had a really good game yesterday and really helped the Jets to get in position to put the game away early. What I liked the most was what Romo said about how Anderson has been "Open all year" and it's just been hard to get him the ball. Look at what happens when you hit this kid in stride. He's one of the most dangerous deep threats in the entire league. Sure, he's not a superstar, but he doesnt have to if our QB is a superstar. Hit Robby in stride and he will smoke anyone in front of him. Congrats to Robby and my guy @Losmeister. We've had our convo on this exact situation weeks ago. We knew it was coming. Darnold just free'd Robby! 

It felt good to see the Jets get a win in that fashion. The stadium was rocking. 

He had one great play.

Agreed

But great game? No Stefan diggs had a great game

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

The problem with your argument is even if you are right or partially right about certain points, you are way off base on twice as much. He is a #3 or #4 on a Super Bowl contender? That is just completely ignorant.

He is effective deep and he is effective on the comeback route if absolutely nothing else. However, he showed more route capability last year and I think he will continue to do so this year now that Darnold is back. He is a young player.

No, he is not a #1. But to call him essentially a fringe starter just because he is not a #1 is just absolutely idiotic. I agree with other posters who say he would have a starting role on just about any team in the league.

The level of ignorance I see on this board never ceases to amaze me. Adams is vilified because he is a “box safety” and we didn’t draft someone else who was available. Robby is a scrub because he isn’t a true #1. I get that this fan base is starved for wins and success but I swear some people here just love to be miserable about every player and every facet of the team.

Wait what?

Robbie is a wr 3 or 4 or worse on some teams. Starting as the burner.

Guy has wheels. So I guess we agree, that Robbie is not a great wr or anything and is a liability on the plays he gives up on, we would be better off with a rookie like scary Terry on the red skins or someone else in the draft next year.

• Upvote 1

Wait what?
Robbie is a wr 3 or 4 or worse on some teams. Starting as the burner.
Guy has wheels. So I guess we agree, that Robbie is not a great wr or anything and is a liability on the plays he gives up on, we would be better off with a rookie like scary Terry on the red skins or someone else in the draft next year.

McLaurin looks very good so far but not sure what that has to do with anything you (or anyone else) have said.

Saying Robby is a #4 on some teams is just wrong. Let alone that you said “or worse.” But there is a long line of ignorant fans (Jets fans or otherwise) that think any player who isn’t elite is a player who is mediocre or sucks. Maybe that’s why you think a talented young player who has been held back by abysmal QB play wouldn’t even start on some teams. The truth lies somewhere in the middle; no he is not a world beater but he is a solid enough outside receiver who quite possibly is not even in his prime yet.

Anyone who says he is a #1 is obviously wrong. But claiming he is a #4 or worse honestly might be even dumber than that.

13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kinda the unsung hero from last nights game. Obviously the names that captured the most attention was Darnold and his return, Adams key play to secure the game and Marcus Maye playing a really fantastic game. However, I want to make sure that Robby Anderson gets some love. It seems like anytime a thread is made on him it's to criticize some misunderstood public situation which usually turns into other things...

Dude had a really good game yesterday and really helped the Jets to get in position to put the game away early. What I liked the most was what Romo said about how Anderson has been "Open all year" and it's just been hard to get him the ball. Look at what happens when you hit this kid in stride. He's one of the most dangerous deep threats in the entire league. Sure, he's not a superstar, but he doesnt have to if our QB is a superstar. Hit Robby in stride and he will smoke anyone in front of him. Congrats to Robby and my guy @Losmeister. We've had our convo on this exact situation weeks ago. We knew it was coming. Darnold just free'd Robby! 

It felt good to see the Jets get a win in that fashion. The stadium was rocking. 

big Robby fan here. In addition to the speed and ability to separate, he has improved with contested catches.  Still struggles a bit there but getting better all the time.  I hated all the trade Robby talks in these parts.

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He has every thing it takes. The one knock is he does need to get stronger, especially his hands strength. Other than that kid has all the tools and has growng into a guy you can be happy to have on your team. Go Robby!

I see improvement in his ability to manage contested catches.  He'll never be great at it, but he is moving towards being able to win them more frequently.  He is a solid asset.  Pay the man if he continues to move in this direction.

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

Agreed, as a nice #3 or 4 on the good teams. Point is they’re still missing an elite #1 WR. Anderson is not an elite #1 WR. He’s a nice complimentary player. 

No one here has said he's a #1.  He's worth signing.  I'd love to see him as a #2 with a drafted #1 and a really good slot like Crowder.  For this year, he and DT seem like a decent duo assuming DT stays healthy and doesn't look so damned slow all the time.  His (DT's) effort yesterday was good and after the bomb to Anderson, they gave him more cushion which helped DT and Crowd out tremendously..   FUN!!!!!!  You are being a grouch.  Sign Robby!  Free Robby!  You're either with us or 'gainst us.  It's Robby-Nation here dude!   Robeeeeeeeeeeeee 

btw, my FREE ROBBY movement, as it were, is primarily meant to be

free him from

the stupidity of a fan base who hasnt had a speed WR to speak of since Wesley Walker,

from this bizarre " he's not an elite #1 WR" of which there are maybe a 8-10 in a 32 team league,

from this socioeconomic bias against people who speak the english language as he does,

or have odd hairdos

from people who cant get over "nut in her eye".....

(but gush over sheldon who had a weapon and a kid in his car and was as high as a kite doing 140mph)

he's an UDFA who has done real well for us...  may it long continue and may he continue to haul in TDs...

.FOR THE NEW YORK JETS    if not here then elsewhere ......

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Baldinger breaks down the 92 yard touchdown reception.

Baldy said it, Darnold hit Robby in stride. 

That's what needs to happen. He isnt the best route runner in the league, but if you throw him a ball in stride, it's curtains for the defense. 

So many great route runners CANT do that! And you cant teach speed and hands, you can teach route running. We dont need to pigeon-hole him into something that is clearly not his skillset. 

That skillset along with Crowder being the route runner will do wonders for Leveon Bell. 

Robby is part of the big picture. 

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Bells averaging a robust 3 yards a carry.  Just how bad the Jets offense line has been.   I don’t think  mr Bill is worrying about stopping him.

You think that might have something to do with the fact that teams didn't respect our passing game for three weeks? Do you think that changes if BB sells out to stop the pass?