See ya - last post

WowOhWow

13 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

Ha ha ha ha ha. 

This is awesome.  Goodbye. Don’t even think about coming back.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Miami playoff apps: 3

Miami playoff wins: 1

Buffalo playoff apps: 1

Buffalo playoff wins: 0

And your #s are off.  2000-2016

Jets 132-140

Buffalo 112-160

Miami 131-141

Thanks, you're right. I started in 1998 (not 2000). But you stopped in 2016. Here are the updated numbers (2000-current):

Jets 142-184

Fins 144 - 182

Bills 132 - 194

So the Bills are laggards, behind the Jets by 0.5 wins less per year on average. Not very significant. Fins are slightly better but basically it's a tie.

This is not a convincing defense of Woody's tenure as owner of the NYJ. Yes, all three teams start in a 1.5-loss hole (expected outcome of playing the Pats twice), but the best one can say that the Woody-Johnson-owned Jets have not distinguished themselves from the other crappy teams in our division.

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Maybe I didn’t pay as much attention because I was moving countries but it really astounds me that anyone was optimist about this season going in.

100% correct. Anyone that thought this team would be more than a 5 or 6 win team, isn't paying attention. Its basically the same roster as last year. But with bell and mosely. The Jets might have a chance to compete in another 2 years only if and only if Douglas addresses the obvious needs that the former GM chose to ignore.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

Hey in all seriousness, hopefully you come back soon. Stepping away isn't a bad thing from time to time. I wish I could do it myself every now and then.

This year is rough, Gase has us scratching our heads. Hopefully they can improve now that the schedule gets easier. Either way we definitely hope to see you back here soon. 

We will leave a light on for you, thanks!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Again... you are almost entirely alone in your views but it is hypothetical so we'll never know. BB, in my mind, is amongst the smartest football men ever.  

He is both arguing that Belichick is not good but excusing the Jets’ dismal performance under Woody as “having to contend with the best dynasty in sport.”

59 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Again... you are almost entirely alone in your views but it is hypothetical so we'll never know. BB, in my mind, is amongst the smartest football men ever.  

I think he may be the smartest football man ever and I'm not sure it's close BUT he's had 7 full seasons without Brady and 5 of them were losing seasons and he made the playoffs (as a WC team) just once.

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks, you're right. I started in 1998 (not 2000). But you stopped in 2016. Here are the updated numbers (2000-current):

Jets 142-184

Fins 144 - 182

Bills 132 - 194

So the Bills are laggards, behind the Jets by 0.5 wins less per year on average. Not very significant. Fins are slightly better but basically it's a tie.

This is not a convincing defense of Woody's tenure as owner of the NYJ. Yes, all three teams start in a 1.5-loss hole (expected outcome of playing the Pats twice), but the best one can say that the Woody-Johnson-owned Jets have not distinguished themselves from the other crappy teams in our division.

I stopped at 2016 because that's when Woody went overseas and Chris became the man in charge.  Even including these last few years the Jets are significantly better than the other 2 when factoring in postseason.  Miami made 4 postseasons- 2 in seasons without Brady and one in Brady's first year starting.  The Jets made it 5 times after Brady's first full year starting AND beat Brady and NE in foxboro in the playoffs. The ONLY team up ever defeat Brady at foxboro in the divisional round.  Since that loss all the way back in the 2010 season the pats have made it to the AFC championship game or beyond every season.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

He is both arguing that Belichick is not good but excusing the Jets’ dismal performance under Woody as “having to contend with the best dynasty in sport.”

That is not what I am arguing.  I think BB is an all time great HC, I just can't put him at the top because he has only been able to win with the greatest QB of all time.  

The Jets have been dismal basically 2012-current, the Jets were very good basically 2000-2011.  That's a long run where, if we didn't have NE in our division we could have won more div titles and maybe made a SB.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

100% correct. Anyone that thought this team would be more than a 5 or 6 win team, isn't paying attention. Its basically the same roster as last year. But with bell and mosely. The Jets might have a chance to compete in another 2 years only if and only if Douglas addresses the obvious needs that the former GM chose to ignore.

This team healthy is a 9-10 win team.  We all knew the depth was lacking and we haven't been healthy. Our QB missed 3 games already, our big FA D player missed 4 and still isn't healthy.  The OL is banged up, his #1 WR is out, TE hasn't played yet,...

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I stopped at 2016 because that's when Woody went overseas and Chris became the man in charge.  Even including these last few years the Jets are significantly better than the other 2 when factoring in postseason.  Miami made 4 postseasons- 2 in seasons without Brady and one in Brady's first year starting.  The Jets made it 5 times after Brady's first full year starting AND beat Brady and NE in foxboro in the playoffs. The ONLY team up ever defeat Brady at foxboro in the divisional round.  Since that loss all the way back in the 2010 season the pats have made it to the AFC championship game or beyond every season.

Ah I understand why you stopped in 2016 thanks. Although I think woody pulling strings from London. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

That is not what I am arguing.  I think BB is an all time great HC, I just can't put him at the top because he has only been able to win with the greatest QB of all time.  

The Jets have been dismal basically 2012-current, the Jets were very good basically 2000-2011.  That's a long run where, if we didn't have NE in our division we could have won more div titles and maybe made a SB.

Ok makes sense. Who is your best HC ever?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

This team healthy is a 9-10 win team.  We all knew the depth was lacking and we haven't been healthy. Our QB missed 3 games already, our big FA D player missed 4 and still isn't healthy.  The OL is banged up, his #1 WR is out, TE hasn't played yet,...

Depth a huge part of where a GM earns their money. There will always be injuries. Not an excuse (unless your starting QB comes down) imho.

Just now, jgb said:

Ah I understand why you stopped in 2016 thanks. Although I think woody pulling strings from London. 

I would have to put Lombardi #1.  Others in the running are Walsh, Gibbs, Parcells, brown, belichick.  Walsh never won with anyone other than Montana but he never had an opportunity.  Gibbs won 3 SBs with 3 different QBs and none of them are HOFers, Parcells won 2 SBs with 2 non Hof QBs and made a 3rd with Drew bledsoe- BB was 5-13 with Bledsoe.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If I had slept with Cindy Crawford....

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Depth a huge part of where a GM earns their money. There will always be injuries. Not an excuse (unless your starting QB comes down) imho.

Sure, I'm not arguing macc was great. I'm just pointing out being playoff caliber was a realistic expectation before this year.  We have been crushed by injuries/illness/suspensions.

4 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Well ... can you blame him? How many more years do we have to endure bad ownership, bad management, bad coaching, bad players, and being a laughingstock of the league? For many of us, the green and white is ingrained in our DNA, and we can't turn away from the multi-car accident happening routinely in front of us. However, there are many who have endured this sh*tshow for too long, and just can't take it anymore. Quite frankly, I give them credit for having stayed around for so long. It appears that he has overcome the innate masochism which is the lot of a Jets fan and, for that, I applaud his courage. As for me, I'll be sitting in front of the TV again next week, screaming and yelling at the inept morons on the field who have the word "Jets" on the side of their helmets, as they are beaten handily by Jacksonville.

Well stated. You capture my feelings precisely.  I almost wish that I hadn't met Stan Waldemore #70 back in 82. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

As far as Woody goes, if he was pulling the strings there's no way he lets Bowles stay 4 years when it was apparent quickly that he wasn't developing into a good HC.  He got rid of mangini who made the playoffs and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would have to put Lombardi #1.  Others in the running are Walsh, Gibbs, Parcells, brown, belichick.  Walsh never won with anyone other than Montana but he never had an opportunity.  Gibbs won 3 SBs with 3 different QBs and none of them are HOFers, Parcells won 2 SBs with 2 non Hof QBs and made a 3rd with Drew bledsoe- BB was 5-13 with Bledsoe.   

By your criteria—HCs blessed with top QB talent are automatically disqualified from contention as best ever—Parcells makes a strong case.

Just now, nyjunc said:

As far as Woody goes, if he was pulling the strings there's no way he lets Bowles stay 4 years when it was apparent quickly that he wasn't developing into a good HC.  He got rid of mangini who made the playoffs and had 2 winning seasons in 3 years.

Can’t prove it, can’t disprove it. Just a gut feeling. You may be right who knows. But when you let your brother borrow your car you don’t let him change the paint.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

By your criteria—HCs blessed with top QB talent are automatically disqualified from contention as best ever—Parcells makes a strong case.

No but when you have only succeeded with the best of all time that tells me something.  

Parcells doesn't have the numbers because he always left good situations to go resume awful situations.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Well depth is part of the roster, and we have no depth. And this is the result. A 5 win team. You cant say we are a 9-10 win. Because we're not,  10 win teams have depth. 

So in my opinion If everyone knew we had no depth. Than everyone should have known this is a 5 win team. 

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Well depth is part of the roster, and we have no depth. And this is the result. A 5 win team. You cant say we are a 9-10 win. Because we're not,  10 win teams have depth. 

So in my opinion If everyone knew we had no depth. Than everyone should have known this is a 5 win team. 

No team can prepare for the losses we had.  Our QB, our most important defensive player, our #3 overall lock, our starting TE, our #1 WR, multiple OL and we aren't even halfway through the season.  Even if we had depth there's no way we could withstand all the injuries and suspensions.

Folks said it earlier.  This is just football.  I liken the Jets to a tragic character in a movie, play, TV show.  The Jets are like the John Locke of football.  Tragic, but interesting.  How boring is it to be a Patriots fan?  I watch the games on NFL Gamepass, missed the Patriots game Monday because I don't watch commercial TV.  I stopped getting emotionally invested and boy watching the Jets is fun again.  So what if they lose?  It'll just makes winning that much sweeter.  Eventually we will be a good team and we will exact revenge on the Patriots.  Might not be for a couple or a few years but it will happen and that will make it all worth it.  

Like others have said, it's only football, just enjoy it.

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I think he may be the smartest football man ever and I'm not sure it's close BUT he's had 7 full seasons without Brady and 5 of them were losing seasons and he made the playoffs (as a WC team) just once.

I wonder if he has learned anything in the last 20 years ?