See ya - last post

WowOhWow

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please translate.  I don't speak Lazy Beat Writer.

They were responding to something  Dowell said about Flacco having NJ "edge" to him. IDK if they mean the practice or his bland interview.

I tryda suss em out, no one responded...

I think its good that JFthinks he can still and ant to still be a starter in the league.

Cos we know he can be decent. So if we see what a QB playing decent looks like in this O, we can have a better idea of what Sam is or isn't doing.

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:09 AM, jgb said:

I was in same boat until I decided to recalibrate my expectations and embrace the absurdist humor that is the Woody Johnson Jets.

Recalibrate, hmmm; but whatever happened to Johnny Greenballs and the Herm Edwards Christmas poo? Pulled a Judge Crater?

8 hours ago, jetophile said:

Recalibrate, hmmm; but whatever happened to Johnny Greenballs and the Herm Edwards Christmas poo? Pulled a Judge Crater?

Don’t know who judge crater is but let the record reflect that JN eventually came around to my view of Herm also. And Sanchez. And Geno. And many others. Next stop: Darnold (already happening). Being right sometimes has to be it’s own reward.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Don’t know who judge crater is but let the record reflect that JN eventually came around to my view of Herm also. And Sanchez. And Geno. And many others. Next stop: Darnold (already happening). Being right sometimes has to be it’s own reward.

Typical lawyer. You didn't answer the question. Anyhoots:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/joseph-force-crater-becomes-the-missingest-man-in-new-york

I get the idea.  You realize you have a terminal illness.  You want to get your affairs in order.  Tell the wife we’re the spare cash and insurance policies can be found.  Sign a DNR, make a donation to the local hospice you’re going to spend your last breath in loaded up on morphine.  And of course a goodbye thread to your buds at Jets nation.  

I prefer to cut myself, drink heavily, dose up with my favorite mind altering substances and ignore the diagnoses.  Hit bottom and fight my way back to 8 and 8.  

Good luck and if it turns out the Jets are on the cusp of a true dynasty before the dirt is thrown on the coffin chalk it up to fate handing you another kick in the balls.  

• WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ugh I changed avatars after Herm was sent packing?

Indiferencia Shrug GIF

Goddamn it, I guess I'll ask it another way. Did you shorten your old handle to an acronym or did you start a new account? I have brain issues, and I lose sleep over these things. Well, I actually didn't lose sleep over this one, but I've lost sleep over a lot less, haha.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Goddamn it, I guess I'll ask it another way. Did you shorten your old handle to an acronym or did you start a new account? I have brain issues, and I lose sleep over these things. Well, I actually didn't lose sleep over this one, but I've lost sleep over a lot less, haha.

I honestly forget as well

On 10/22/2019 at 2:09 AM, jgb said:

I was in same boat until I decided to recalibrate my expectations and embrace the absurdist humor that is the Woody Johnson Jets.

How anyone can take this team seriously is a sure sign of mental illness. OP states he’s watched every Jets game for last 30 years. ROOKIE!!!!! OP You don’t know pain. Jets pain over 30 years is just an initiation. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

How anyone can take this team seriously is a sure sign of mental illness. OP states he’s watched every Jets game for last 30 years. ROOKIE!!!!! OP You don’t know pain. Jets pain over 30 years is just an initiation. 

Embrace the humor. Mock the suck. When/if they're good again, enjoy it while it lasts.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:28 PM, Losmeister said:

They were responding to something  Dowell said about Flacco having NJ "edge" to him. IDK if they mean the practice or his bland interview.

I tryda suss em out, no one responded...

I think its good that JFthinks he can still and ant to still be a starter in the league.

Cos we know he can be decent. So if we see what a QB playing decent looks like in this O, we can have a better idea of what Sam is or isn't doing.

If you don’t know that by now, you don’t want to know.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This isn't an airport.  You don't have to announce your departure.

But I'm sure glad people do.  It's high entertainment when they think people care that they leave and then return shortly thereafter to take a lot of sh*t.

Don’t discourage them. It’s the most entertaining part of the 2020 Jets

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

I don't mean to be trolling here, but this seems to be a pattern with Jets fans (Hello, Fireman Ed?). 

Stick with your team. I'm a 56yo Bills fan, and have suffered through the likes of Dick Jauron, Doug Marone, and REX TOE-LICKER RYAN! We suffered through the longest playoff drought in NFL history. Go ahead and hate your coach, but stick with your team. It will feel that much sweeter when you finally arrive in the promised land.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't mean to be trolling here, but this seems to be a pattern with Jets fans (Hello, Fireman Ed?). 

Stick with your team. I'm a 56yo Bills fan, and have suffered through the likes of Dick Jauron, Doug Marone, and REX TOE-LICKER RYAN! We suffered through the longest playoff drought in NFL history. Go ahead and hate your coach, but stick with your team. It will feel that much sweeter when you finally arrive in the promised land.

Remember when Ed "retired" and many of us predicted he would be back?

"Oh, no! He's gone for good!"

P.T. Barnum was right.

On 10/22/2019 at 3:25 AM, WowOhWow said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

Can't blame you.