It Gets Curiouser and Curiouser for Sam

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Don't forget the mysterious walking boot thingy last year after he threw 4 ints against Miami. That was never explained, was it?

Right, let’s selectively ignore the fact that he limped to the locker room after agrivating the same ankle on his first game back.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

If darnold was qb of the bills with these exact same issue could u imagine the abuse we would be giving the guy?  It would be relentless.

But because hes a jet, we open threads saying, “None of this is sams fault”.

Hahahahahaha.

Right, we should ridicule our players like we do our rivals- makes sense. Let’s make noise when our offense is on the field too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If darnold was qb of the bills with these exact same issues could u imagine the abuse we would be giving the guy?  It would be relentless.

But because hes a jet, we open threads saying, “None of this is sams fault”.

Hahahahahaha.

So, we should be ridiculing him because he got his foot stepped on? It doesn't sound like it's going to cause him to miss any time . . . 

I'm not sure what your point is here. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

So, we should be ridiculing him because he got his foot stepped on? It doesn't sound like it's going to cause him to miss any time . . . 

The point is we trash good, winning up and coming qbs like josh allen and open up threads about how none of monday nights awful performance was not Darnolds fault.

It is the definition of delusional.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

C'mon, you're a smart person.

Are you really saying that if Allen or one of the other class of '18 QBs started this season missing 4 weeks with mono, then "saw ghosts" in one of the worst games a QB could ever have, then followed it up the next day with a toenail injury story, nobody here would comment in the 20 threads started here about him being a Faberge egg?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The point is we trash good, winning up and coming qbs like josh allen and open up threads about how none of monday nights awful performance was not Darnolds fault.

It is the definition of delusional.

But what does any of this have to do with an injured toenail? 

You guys are like 13 year olds.

Also, what has Josh Allen really done to be considered "good" yet? 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

People here certainly would, because this place is filled with keyboard tough guys who have never actually played any competitive sports, but to me, if you're clowning on an athlete for getting a viral infection and getting his foot stepped on in a football game, you need some better jokes. 

I'd love to see some of the fat asses on this board walk around the block with a missing toenail. 

Just curious, were you in the NFL or in MLB when you played? 

P.S. Some of us did play sports. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I have played enough sports to tell that most people here haven’t 

I mean some of the nonsense on this board is just . . . I think it speaks for itself 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hahahahaha.  He pulled the old “I used to play sports angle”.  Too funny.

Ive spent my whole life knitting sweaters and doing laundry.  Hence why i come to a football message board.

• Thumb Down 3

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

People here certainly would, because this place is filled with keyboard tough guys who have never actually played any competitive sports, but to me, if you're clowning on an athlete for getting a viral infection and getting his foot stepped on in a football game, you need some better jokes. 

I'd love to see some of the fat asses on this board walk around the block with a missing toenail. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Um, maybe because he wins games every week.

And if hes not good, then what is word to describe our qb?

Aren't you supposed to be an older guy who knows a thing or two about the NFL?

You've never seen a mediocre QB "win games" before? Were you watching the Jets in 2009 and 2010?

I'm not saying that Allen won't be good, but the argument that Allen is already "good" because the Bills are 5-1 is . . . uhm . . . faulty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1