It Gets Curiouser and Curiouser for Sam

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That is one competitive list we are talking about . . . 

I listed all three. If people want to break down Darnolds game, I have zero problems with that because he's far from a sure thing.

When you bring up the mono, toenail, and the whole "I see Ghosts" bullcrap it only goes too show how much the media is in their heads.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, RobR said:

If he's not mic'd up for the game this whole Ghosts thing is not even a story. The fact that people talk about the toenail is even dumber because he hasn't missed practice and is playing next week. Giving him crap because he caught a viral infection tops the list of stupidity here.

I hear you Rob, and personally I agree. However, he was mic'd up, and even though we know what Sam was talking about, lets face it, the story has taken a life of it's own regardless.

The mono thing? C'mon, laughing about  is nothing more then "locker room banter" type stuff.

The toe nail? Like you said, no big thing, but at this point to me anyway, it was a "oh come on, what's next"  type of thing.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I hear you Rob, and personally I agree. However, he was mic'd up, and even though we know what Sam was talking about, lets face it, the story has taken a life of it's own regardless. The mono thing? C'mon, laughing about  is nothing more then "locker room banter" type stuff. The toe nail? Like you said, no big thing, but at this point to me anyway, it was a "oh come on, what's next"  type of thing.

There were people here blaming him for contracting Mono....not one but many. And now look at the threads because of the Ghosts thing. Didn't the NFL even admit that they shouldn't have aired it? They should do an R rated version of mic'd up and let fans listen to the entire game. Could you imagine the ratings with what must be said on the playing field and sidelines.

Probably shouldn't have quoted your post but you listed all three. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

But what does any of this have to do with an injured toenail? 

You guys are like 13 year olds.

Also, what has Josh Allen really done to be considered "good" yet? 

10/7 win loss record. AFC player of the week. Set NFL record for most rushing yards in a 3 game period. Leads league in 4th qrt passing rating. Should I go on

• Thumb Down 3

This came up in Gase's post game press conference on Sunday. He was asked what had happened to Sam's foot and he explained it had been stepped on and that they had taped it up and he went back out to play the next series. 

After what happened in the Miami game last year made me wonder if it impacted Sam's footwork. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm old enough to have watched Joe Namath also. Sam is no Joe Namath.

I'm old enough to remember Joe Namath playing at 'Bama AND the day the Jets drafted him. Before he hurt his knee Namath was one of the most athletic QB's I ever saw. Threw the ball so hard it hummed when it left his hand. No sh*t. Guy was one of a kind.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'm old enough to remember Joe Namath playing at 'Bama AND the day the Jets drafted him. Before he hurt his knee Namath was one of the most athletic QB's I ever saw. Threw the ball so hard it hummed when it left his hand. No sh*t. Guy was one of a kind.

So am I. For some reason I can remember odd stuff from years ago when I was a young kid. I remember him actually being a very mobile QB before he hurt the knee. I remember watching the Alabama "Million Dollar Band" and them actually being really the only band I ever enjoyed watching.

I also remember the Jets drafting John Huarte in the 4th round (?) the same year as Namath and feeling sorry for him because I'd read in my grandfather's copy of the Daily News that Sonny Werblin thought Namath had star quality.

Then Namath's Jets career started and I was hooked. My dad and my grandfather couldn't understand why I liked the Jets instead of the Giants like they did. I watched every game I could, and listened on a transistor radio to the home games.

Yet I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday....

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, RobR said:

If he's not mic'd up for the game this whole Ghosts thing is not even a story. The fact that people talk about the toenail is even dumber because he hasn't missed practice and is playing next week. Giving him crap because he caught a viral infection tops the list of stupidity here.

Technically, I think Gase said he was DNP for practice, but that he worked individuals.

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The point is we trash good, winning up and coming qbs like josh allen and open up threads about how none of monday nights awful performance was not Darnolds fault.

It is the definition of delusional.

Your like a roller coaster. We talk about fans here falling off the cliff like lemmings, I mean seriously are you now here to say Sam Darnold is what we saw on MNF in his 16th NFL game against the best defense in football with a bunch of turnstiles in front of him? He sucked! The whole team sucked! But, when JD fixes the oline & Sam wins a few games youll be back on here acting like you've never said Sam sucks, lol. You guys are hilarious, 1st, everyone who follows NFL football will tell you playing QB in the NFL is probably the toughest position in all of sports. Playing with no oline will eventually GET YOU KILLED. Sam is not seeing Ghosts, he's seeing 280Lbs rushers having free runs at him on every snap. He's handing off to Bell & seeing him get tackled behind the LOS 80% of the time, he's seeing a hold called on the Oline after every successful play. It's a team game & the #1 thing that needs to happen for a QBs success is to PROTECT HIM FROM GETTING HIT & RUSHED, & FLUSHED OUT OF THE POCKET and put in long down & distance situations. Brady ate a ham sandwich back there Monday Night like always. 

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Jets ruined Darnold in less than a year and a half. From Franchise savour to league laughingstock in 16 starts.

I’ve never felt worse about this team in my years being a fan. We’ve hit new lows I never thought possible.

Yep zero chance he recovers. Some 6th round chump had a game just as bad in his 3rd year but he has recovered, shocking!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

C'mon, you're a smart person.

Are you really saying that if Allen or one of the other class of '18 QBs started this season missing 4 weeks with mono, then "saw ghosts" in one of the worst games a QB could ever have, then followed it up the next day with a toenail injury story, nobody here would comment in the 20 threads started here about him being a Faberge egg?

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

People here certainly would, because this place is filled with keyboard tough guys who have never actually played any competitive sports, but to me, if you're clowning on an athlete for getting a viral infection and getting his foot stepped on in a football game, you need some better jokes. 

I'd love to see some of the fat asses on this board walk around the block with a missing toenail. 

You clearly overlooked the "ghosts" and "one of the worst games a qb could ever have" part of his statement, which by purposely doing that literally proves his and @Joe W. Namath point

That point wouldnt have been missed for any other QB, and you clearly know this, given your talk on other QB's in this class already. 

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You clearly overlooked the "ghosts" and "one of the worst games a qb could ever have" part of his statement, which by purposely doing that literally proves his and @Joe W. Namath point

That point wouldnt have been missed for any other QB, and you clearly know this, given your talk on other QB's in this class already. 

Actually, I think you clearly overlooked the point that I was solely being critical of getting on someone for getting an injury (toe, or otherwise). 

My comments had no bearing on the "ghosts" issue or how Sam played. 

I certainly don't have an issue with anyone killing Darnold this week for his horrible performance, but the injury stuff is just sublime silliness. 

• WTF? 1

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Since this conversation has evolved to this subject, I couldn't agree more with what you're saying.

I remember getting beat up about this last year, I think it was in the Terrel Pryor thread when guys were calling him gutless and worse for not making what they thought was an honest effort for a pass, and calling him a bum, etc.

I argued how foolish it was to call anyone who reaches the professional level of any sport gutless, or worse. Those who do have no idea the talent and especially the hard work it takes to get there. Nobody who reaches it "stinks." or is a coward.

When I was in high school I played two sports, basketball and baseball. I wasn't very good at basketball, but I played hard and my coaches gave me a lot more playing time then I probably deserved. Baseball was my sport though, and I thought college ball would be a stepping stone to bigger things. 

It didn't take long to see the difference between HS and even Freshman ball (which was a thing back then, LOL) By my sophomore year any dreams of going beyond college ball were over. I played with one guy, and against a few others who were drafted and they were so good it was unreal. Of them, only one got a cup of coffee in the big leagues. It's incredible how good you have to be.

That's why the worst I'll say about a player is he hasn't shown me he can be a star, or even a starter. You'll never read me saying a guy stinks, or is a bum in one of these threads.

but........but.... what if people have been pumping him up for 3 years, sucking for him and........and......

he stinks......and is a bum?

just curious.............

asking for a friend

• Haha 1