Line at +16.5 if it gets to +18 that would match Super Bowl 3

RonaldJet

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Darnold is supposed to show the F up and keep this team in the game BY HIMSELF if need be

the soft whatever of low expectations on Darnold is out of control 

he's not a rookie. He's the 3 overall pick, Lamar went 31.

what's he supposed to do?

He's supposed to be better

Sound pretty much like someone who just doesn't understand how the game of football is played and what is or isn't under the control of a QB.  

And the 3rd pick of a draft gets picked there because the team picking him sucks.   If he has more talent we'll see.  But he's not supposed to do better because of where he's picked.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Darnold is supposed to show the F up and keep this team in the game BY HIMSELF if need be

the soft whatever of low expectations on Darnold is out of control 

he's not a rookie. He's the 3 overall pick, Lamar went 31.

what's he supposed to do?

He's supposed to be better

If he does that it will lead to interceptions and turnovers. The Jets don’t have the horses to compete in this one. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sound pretty much like someone who just doesn't understand how the game of football is played and what is or isn't under the control of a QB.  

And the 3rd pick of a draft gets picked there because the team picking him sucks.   If he has more talent we'll see.  But he's not supposed to do better because of where he's picked.  

Thjs argument is literally the Mark Sanchez argument. 'He needs wepinz!'

I hate to break it to some, but when you're a top 10 pick...you ARE the weapon. 

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

blah blah blah 

this team traded away 6 overall which turned into Quenton Nelson (*instant Hall of famer*) and 3 second rounders to move up 3 lousy spots 

The thinking was the franchise QB makes everyone better

which by the way is correct thinking (and I love me some Nelson)

but now 2 years later we need everything perfect for the franchise QB? 

He's got Bell, Robby and Crowder tonight. He's got Vyncint Smith. Darnold's job is to make some damn plays 

THE Vyncint Smith!

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Its not close to the any Mark Sanchez argument. Trying to make every meaningful argument bogus because of Mark Sanchez is pointless.  Sometimes it isnt easy because of your team and sometimes it isnt easy because you suck.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not close to the any Mark Sanchez argument. Trying to make every meaningful argument bogus because of Mark Sanchez is pointless.  Sometimes it isnt easy because of your team and sometimes it isnt easy because you suck.  

I realize you like to argue about anything simply for the sake of it, but how is it not the same? It's literally the exact same situation and narrative.

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I realize you like to argue about anything simply for the sake of it, but how is it not the same? It's literally the exact same situation and narrative.

I made a simple comment.  The Ravens are a much more talented team than the Jets

You came back with the Sanchez comment and want to keep it going

But I'm the one arguing?  

I never made the excuse that Sanchez didnt have weapons.  He did actually but still sucked.  Either way doesnt have to be one or the other.  

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I made a simple comment.  The Ravens are a much more talented team than the Jets

You came back with the Sanchez comment and want to keep it going

But I'm the one arguing?  

I never made the excuse that Sanchez didnt have weapons.  He did actually but still sucked.  Either way doesnt have to be one or the other.  

Argue in good faith if you're going to argue with me. 

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, Jet9 said:

also the Geno argument..

Still better than the whole period where people were saying that not playing meant Hackenberg was awesome