What game are you watching today?

Sarge4Tide

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The game is different, therefore the numbers are looked at differently.

No one with an idea of who these two players are and their rankings relative to their eras would compare one to another.

Which is why no one ever has other than this guy.  

Manning was an established, elite, FQB at this point in his career.  Jameis is a question

Perfect example is no one ever questioned whether PManning would see his 2nd contract.  No one knows if James will even be offered one by the Bucs.  And it certainly won't rank among QBs where Mannings did

I didn't consider Peyton Manning to be the "Peyton Manning" that we know now until 03

The game is different, but that shouldn't excuse the high INTs. Interceptions are interceptions no matter what. And that's the point I'm trying to make. The biggest knock on Jameis is the high amount of turnovers, even though some of the best QBs threw a high amount. Like the guys I mentioned.

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

He turns the ball over and this board is overly sensitive to the INT.  

Half this board loved Favre and thought very highly of Andrew Luck

I've been watching redzone all day and I'm walking away more confident in Darnold than I was before the day began.  I've seen tons of terrible picks, bad misses, holding the ball too long, all the stuff that people hyper focus on Darnold.  And in most situations, they're on much much much better teams. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, King P said:

I didn't consider Peyton Manning to be the "Peyton Manning" that we know now until 03

The game is different, but that shouldn't excuse the high INTs. Interceptions are interceptions no matter what. And that's the point I'm trying to make. The biggest knock on Jameis is the high amount of turnovers, even though some of the best QBs threw a high amount. Like the guys I mentioned.

Half this board loved Favre and thought very highly of Andrew Luck

Peyton was miles ahead of what people think about Jameis

Its not close. I know you want it to be but its apples and oranges,  

Jameis shouldn't be mentioned with PM, Favre or Luck.  He really shouldn't.  From how they play the position, how they lead their teams to wins, carry their teams to the way they represent their teams, we're in different universes 

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I spoke too soon. Jacksonville is now in position to win this game!

Wouldn't that be an amazing choke job in the raiders last game in Oakland? 

Yup.  And I am pretty sure that moves us up ahead of Jax in the draft.  At least for now.

Holy moly! Anybody watching this? It is like a funeral in Oakland. After a bad loss where they choke the game away in the final two minutes the players are now walking around the field along the stands thanking fans for coming out to Oakland. It’s like dead silent. Occasionally some boos, not really any clapping.  Weird scene. 

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And I am pretty sure that moves us up ahead of Jax in the draft.  At least for now.

It should, based on strength of schedule.

There was also a glimmer of hope for Atlanta to shock the 49ers here, but that’s not gonna happen. Two point lead for San Francisco and they’re marching down the field with the ball to close the game. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Holy moly! Anybody watching this? It is like a funeral in Oakland. After a bad loss where they choke the game away in the final two minutes the players are now walking around the field along the stands thanking fans for coming out to Oakland. It’s like dead silent. Occasionally some boos, not really any clapping.  Weird scene. 

Simliar to like when the NY Jet lose at home and opposing teams fans are the only ones left in the stadium. 

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Peyton was miles ahead of what people think about Jameis

Its not close. I know you want it to be but its apples and oranges,  

Jameis shouldn't be mentioned with PM, Favre or Luck.  He really shouldn't.  From how they play the position, how they lead their teams to wins, carry their teams to the way they represent their teams, we're in different universes 

giphy.gif 

Now you're just bringing up nonsense man. Especially talking about "how they represent their teams" ?

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There was also a glimmer of hope for Atlanta to shock the 49ers here, but that’s not gonna happen. Two point lead for San Francisco and they’re marching down the field with the ball to close the game. 

Wild ending in that one.  Looks like a TD on that last play.  We should be up to 7 in hte draft-- unless the refs screw up.  Which is entirely possible.

lol.  2 TDs in last 2 seconds.  That has to be some sort of record.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wow!

Absolutely crazy ending to Atlanta game. They should win here. My jinx may have worked twice in the final minute of two games that are gonna help the Jets get a better draft pick.  ?

At this point we have to hope that the Jets lose their last two. It will set up JD not only for the first round but every subsequent round and also will give him more ammo to trade and move back. 

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

That Julio Jones guy is kinda good....

Foley High School!  Foley is known for 3 things

1. Home of Julio and Snake Stabler
  2. Big outlet mall
  3. Last podunk town you have to drive through before you hit the beach resorts of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach

• Sympathy 1