Jets Jamal Adams is only NY player headed to Pro Bowl

joewilly12

CONGRATS JAMAL ADAMS 

Jets’ Jamal Adams is only New York player headed to Pro Bowl

December 17, 2019 | 8:15pm | Updated 

After failing to make the Pro Bowl as a rookie, Jets safety Jamal Adams vowed it would never happen again. He is 2-for-2 on his promise.

Adams was selected to the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive year, capping a strong individual season for the third-year pro.

The 24-year-old had 64 tackles, eight for a loss, 6.5 sacks, 12 quarterback hits, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, six passes defensed and one interception, which he returned for a touchdown. All of those stats are in 12 games. He has missed the Jets’ last two games with a sprained left ankle.

The honor comes after a sometimes tumultuous season for Adams. The Jets considered trading him at the deadline in October. They got deep into discussions with his hometown Cowboys, but decided to keep him. Adams accused general manager Joe Douglas of lying and blasted him on Twitter. Adams would not speak to Douglas or Jets coach Adam Gase for a few days after the deadline. Things have calmed down since then.

Adams is only scheduled to make $3.5 million in 2020, setting up a potential showdown with the Jets this offseason. Adams has two more years left on his contract, but surely will be looking for a raise. The Jets could revisit trading Adams if they do not want to give him a big contract.

It comes as no great surprise, given the season they are having, the Giants did not have any player selected for the NFC Pro Bowl roster.

The closest they got was punter Riley Dixon, who is a second alternate. Running back Saquon Barkley, a Pro Bowler as a rookie, is a fourth alternate.

— Additional reporting by Paul Schwartz

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Adams is only scheduled to make $3.5 million in 2020, setting up a potential showdown with the Jets this offseason. Adams has two more years left on his contract, but surely will be looking for a raise. The Jets could revisit trading Adams if they do not want to give him a big contract.

Hmm I wonder how this could possibly end up in an article about the great Jamal Adams hmmm quite the mystery hmmmm who would want a paragraph like this inserted into an article framing Jamal Adams as the only good football player in New York hmm hmmmm

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I do value Jamal as a player but I think we get even more than that now.

Even that would be great. He’s a fantastic at what he does and will be a guy that will play hard as he can after getting paid. This team is so void of talent in key areas we need to cash in and get a couple pieces for the offense. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Even that would be great. He’s a fantastic at what he does and will be a guy that will play hard as he can after getting paid. This team is so void of talent in key areas we need to cash in and get a couple pieces for the offense. 

It's like John Abraham all over again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No. John Abraham was an edge rusher. Premium position. 

Nobody will give two sh*ts about Jamal if that pick turns into the next Nick Mangold.

Abraham hurt my soul at the time but the pick we got turned into Nick. Who will easily go in our ring of honor one day. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I do value Jamal as a player but I think we get even more than that now.

The Cowboys need him to make a Super Bowl run. They have elite player at the first two levels. They need one at Safety. Two draft picks or a 1st round and an OL would do it for me.

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Bills traded down in that draft and picked tredavious white who is a top 2 or 3 Cb in the league and used the 1st rounder they got from KC the next year to package to move up to get Josh Allen.

A far more valuable set of actions than the jets taking adams.

Not when we trade him for a first and a second. Then get two big nasty young strong offensive linemans!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nobody will give two sh*ts about Jamal if that pick turns into the next Nick Mangold.

Abraham hurt my soul at the time but the pick we got turned into Nick. Who will easily go in our ring of honor one day. 

Yes. But we haven’t had an edge rusher worth a damn since Abe so that’s a little concerning. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is a huge test for Douglas.

CJ will be pressuring him to give Jamal a huge contract. 

After one off season we will know if Douglas has the balls to be the GM that builds a team or is just another scout we hired.

Why would Chris Johnson step in for Jamal Adams? Recall that Woody went to the mattresses against Revis. Why would Jamal be treated any differently, especially if the expensive GM wanted to deal him? 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why would Chris Johnson step in for Jamal Adams? Recall that Woody went to the mattresses against Revis. Why would Jamal be treated any differently, especially if the expensive GM wanted to deal him? 

Because he is the only pro bowl player we have and like many on here he has bought into the whole Jamal is great narrative. 

Don't you recall him patting jamal on the head when he was whining and refusing to talk to the coach or gm?  More people than not love Jamal and think he is the schizzle.

Also, Jersey sales.

It would not surprise me in the least if CJ promised him he would not be traded.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Trading a dog for a dog with different fleas.  I'd pass.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I feel like i'm one of the only people here who doesn't not want to trade Adams. At all. 

And y'all know how much of a draft slut I am, so that's telling you something if even I'm passing on that. 

You're not the only one..  most of us are exhausted from trying to tell the same 11 people they have no idea what they're talking about.

He's either getting re-signed or traded for an absolute haul...  we won this argument months ago.  Let them have their circle jerks now and when the extension thread pops up it's time to pounce.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I feel like i'm one of the only people here who doesn't not want to trade Adams. At all. 

And y'all know how much of a draft slut I am, so that's telling you something if even I'm passing on that. 

Nah I’m with you. Trading him makes for lottery tickets makes zero sense

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is a huge test for Douglas.

CJ will be pressuring him to give Jamal a huge contract. 

After one off season we will know if Douglas has the balls to be the GM that builds a team or is just another scout we hired.

It is a test. If he lets adams get away he’s a moron 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

You're not the only one..  most of us are exhausted from trying to tell the same 11 people they have no idea what they're talking about.

He's either getting re-signed or traded for an absolute haul...  we won this argument months ago.  Let them have their circle jerks now and when the extension thread pops up it's time to pounce.

He’s either getting re-signed or traded, buddy. We won this one. No WAY they execute Jamal Adams like the HATERS want !! !! !

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

FWIW 

There are only 9 safeties in the NFL Hall of Fame. Only 1 of which was voted in since 2000 (Brian Dawkins) 

So yes, trade his ass away now while we can get something for him. 

Wasn't Ed Reed inducted this year??