The "We're Stuck With Adam Gase... And That's OK?" Thread

22 hours ago, BrickzNY said:

The Jets did not do well. They didn’t get a coach for the whole team, they got a coach for the offense. I’m sorry, but that is not how you build a winning team. Gase ignores the defense and focuses on the offense only. You would think we’d be better than 32nd ranked. I agree with the HC/GM combo, I don’t agree with the CEO of the football team ignoring one whole side of the football. That’s something I will never agree with.

That's made-up fake news media nonsense.

Adam Gase is the head coach.  An experienced one, at that.  This isn't Rex Ryan or Todd Bowles, two clueless coordinators getting an audition.  Gase passed the audition in Miami.  This is his second job.  He just rallied the team to a 6-2 finish under obscene circumstances not of his doing. 

We are not the 32nd ranked offense no matter how convenient that is to fill your narrative of hate.  Run the numbers for the last 8 weeks of the season.  When Darnold was back and the team was figuring out ways to win with a depleted roster. 

SAR I

21 hours ago, harts724 said:

2 out of 3 ain`t bad

Yes, show your love for Joe Douglas (failed to find a kicker, cost us 2 games, brought in a decrepit center delaying the OL to gel) and Gregg Williams (whose D blew the embarrassing Bengals and Dolphins games), but hate on Adam Gase who wouldn't let the team quit, went 7-5 with his starting quarterback, and rallied the team to a 6-2 finish.

SOJF nonsense at its finest.

SAR I

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Dolphins 3-2 last 5 games, thus they are elite and will win 11 games next year.

Giants 2-1 last 3 games, thus they are elite and will win 11 games next year.

12 game sample:  Jets went 7-5 with a healthy starting quarterback.  Translates to 9-7.

8 game sample:  Jets finished 6-2 with young players figuring it out.  Translates to 12-4.

Average the two datapoints and the Jets, with a healthy Darnold, were a 10-6 team.  And that's still with ridiculous injuries everywhere elase.  A very good indicator for next season.

SAR I

16 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

The "ForeverGasers" are already preparing their excuses if the Jets have another losing season in 2020...

I don't know a single one of us who is a Gase fan.  I know I'm not.

What we do have are some smart fans who see that there were extenuating circumstances and we were not able to judge properly.  We saw what Gase can do fighting challenging injuries and coaching up a bunch of scrubs and backups.  He did a very good job there.  Jury is still out on strategy, playcalling, and adjustments.  Without a real NFL offensive roster, not much he could do.

SAR I

My humble prediction is at this time next year we are going to wish the Jets had hired McCarthy and not Gase.  

i think the primary reason the Johnsons hired Gase was the money.  Remember that their initial offer to Douglas was a fraction of what they ended up paying.  That was after Gase.  They were still in cheap mode. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, jetswinbaby! said:

I'll admit it...

I'm feeling a little bit jealous right now...

All the other kids are opening up brand new, shiny Christmas toys (Rivera, Rhule, McCarthy, Judge, etc), and we get to play with last year's beat-up yo-yo...

All these new HC's, all the unknown upsides, all the sky-high dreams...

And we have Gase.., have we already seen his ceiling? Is he, and will he forever be,  just a mediocre HC?

Is 6 and 2 against an easy schedule, after a brutal 1 and 7 start, all we have to hang our hats on with this guy?

Feeling green, and not Jet green, but with envy...

Are we at the point now that we just don't  know what to complain about so i am now going to complain about other teams who have been such fails that they needed to change the HC and we wish we were them?

seriously GIF by Mike Shinoda

On 1/7/2020 at 4:53 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea who would want a superbowl winning head coach with a .618 regular season win percentage, 10 playoff wins and developing Aaron Rodgers on their resume? Also, our bumbling idiot of an owner wanted to hire Rhule last year but made a ridiculous demand on him that no coach worth a sh*t would ever accept and so he missed out on him. As if Chris Johnson knows the first thing about what coordinator Rhule should use. jfc

And McCarthy wanted to coach here fcol.

Do you really think telling Rhule Greg Williams is going to be tour DC and not your buddy from the college ranks was such a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Do you really think telling Rhule Greg Williams is going to be tour DC and not your buddy from the college ranks was such a bad thing?

If you want to hire a head coach you should trust them to hire their coordinators. That's how almost every head coaching hire works in the NFL. Do you really think the Johnson brothers are qualified to tell an NFL head coach who the rest of his staff should be?

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't know a single one of us who is a Gase fan.  I know I'm not.

What we do have are some smart fans who see that there were extenuating circumstances and we were not able to judge properly.  We saw what Gase can do fighting challenging injuries and coaching up a bunch of scrubs and backups.  He did a very good job there.  Jury is still out on strategy, playcalling, and adjustments.  Without a real NFL offensive roster, not much he could do.

SAR I

i thought the overall strategy and adjustments were better than bowles, though that's not saying much.  playcalling was too predictable and conservative at times, especially runs on 2nd and long, but that could be a function of protecting sam and trying to manage games.   obviously having g. williams helps b/c he doesn't have to worry as much about defense.  just get better players on offense.  gase did a pretty good job despite all the whining here.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you want to hire a head coach you should trust them to hire their coordinators. That's how almost every head coaching hire works in the NFL. Do you really think the Johnson brothers are qualified to tell an NFL head coach who the rest of his staff should be?

Not the whole staff but they were right in this instance. There is a plethora of issues you can rag on CJ about but insisting  Williams is your DC is not one of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, show your love for Joe Douglas (failed to find a kicker, cost us 2 games, brought in a decrepit center delaying the OL to gel) and Gregg Williams (whose D blew the embarrassing Bengals and Dolphins games), but hate on Adam Gase who wouldn't let the team quit, went 7-5 with his starting quarterback, and rallied the team to a 6-2 finish.

SOJF nonsense at its finest.

SAR I

Funny, I never mentioned Gase !

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wrong donald trump GIF

They were so right they ended up with Adam F'n Gase instead of Matt Rhule. FOH

You know, I don't use that oompaloompa or other political figures as a way to answer someone because it could tick someone off and send a conversation whwre it shouldn't  be. Congrats on achieving  that. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, jetswinbaby! said:

I'll admit it...

I'm feeling a little bit jealous right now...

All the other kids are opening up brand new, shiny Christmas toys (Rivera, Rhule, McCarthy, Judge, etc), and we get to play with last year's beat-up yo-yo...

All these new HC's, all the unknown upsides, all the sky-high dreams...

And we have Gase.., have we already seen his ceiling? Is he, and will he forever be,  just a mediocre HC?

Is 6 and 2 against an easy schedule, after a brutal 1 and 7 start, all we have to hang our hats on with this guy?

Feeling green, and not Jet green, but with envy...

Joe Judge has more upside than Gase.  And that is sad.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

12 game sample:  Jets went 7-5 with a healthy starting quarterback.  Translates to 9-7.

8 game sample:  Jets finished 6-2 with young players figuring it out.  Translates to 12-4.

Average the two datapoints and the Jets, with a healthy Darnold, were a 10-6 team.  And that's still with ridiculous injuries everywhere elase.  A very good indicator for next season.

SAR I

Gase figures out how to lose to the sh tty bengals and dolphins with a healthy Sam Darnold

He sucks

• Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase figures out how to lose to the sh tty bengals and dolphins with a healthy Sam Darnold

He sucks

Oh, I get it now.

You think that after the Jets opened the season at 1-6 we should have then won 6 straight games enroute to an 8-1 finish or Adam Gase was a massive disappointment.

Do I have that right?

SAR I

I know it's just an introductory press conference...

I know I have to tell myself it doesn't mean much regarding wins vs losses...

But today...

Joe Judge presser: Homerun, looks the part, sounds the part...

Adam Gase presser: embarrassing mess producing infinite memes and mockery...

Great, just great...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I know it's just an introductory press conference...

I know I have to tell myself it doesn't mean much regarding wins vs losses...

But today...

Joe Judge presser: Homerun, looks the part, sounds the part...

Adam Gase presser: embarrassing mess producing infinite memes and mockery...

Great, just great...

Joe Judge can be better than Gase and also still suck.  In fact I think that very easily might be the case.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Gase should make dowell logams OC only, move cooter to QB coach and bring in Gary Brown to coach RBs.

Or just fire Loggains.  He's worthless.  Like a real life Tom Smykowski. 

Bob Slydell: What would you say ya do here?

Tom Smykowski: Well look, I already told you! I deal with the goddamn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

400867961-17278.jpg

• Upvote 1

When the Maras think of their best football days past, they think of Parcells and Coughlin.

Not only the Super Bowls, but how those teams played-their personality, and their character.  

Joe Judge is a Mara guy out of central casting.  Rhule the evangelical minister’s kid never stood a chance.