Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

New York Mick

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Actually if you look at some of the deep balls Anderson has caught, I find it interestong how you can say same doesn't  have  deep ball accuracy. 

It's not awful but I'm saying its not what he's best at.  Certainly not good enough to say we absolutely MUST replace Robby with another speed demon type.  Give me a big bodied, physical guy with just OK speed over that.  

13 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Raiders, Colts, Bucs and Broncos....all right behind us and all should be in the market for a QB.  

This could be a really interesting draft if a guy like Herbert drops to us and there's competition for these four teams to jump up and grab him.

I'm thinking this is exactly what's going to happen. If you look at the top 10 picks, you see Burrow & Tua gone. No way Miami passes on Tua, id be SHOCKED. That leaves Herbert & the team sitting in the drivers seat at 11 that doesn't need a QB & is perched in front of 4 teams who could use a QB. 

What team sitting behind us has one of the smartest Head Coaches & the dumbest QB? Tampa Bay. I could definitely see Tampa wanting Herbert. But right in front of Tampa is another team starving for a young QB with a GM that is truly under the gun in John Elway. 

Imagine getting a 2nd & another pick to move back just 1 space and still get the guy on Joe Ds board? This could be completely possible with us at 11. With two 2s & two 3s, Joey D could really make hay in this draft. I'm always pumped for the draft, but I think this draft will be the turning point we've needed with the right people in charge. This is our moment to compliment Darnold with a group of young playmakers. How long has it been since a draft lined up exactly with our needs? All those Olineman, a ton of WRs, Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Jefferson, and a lot more that round 2 with two picks could be a godsend for Darnold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If these are the choices then who will want to trade UP?

yep.  that's the big question.  as much as people want to diss mac for standing pat with the first round draft choices it takes two to tango.  if there aren't any teams to trade with then it doesn't get done.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yep.  that's the big question.  as much as people want to diss mac for standing pat with the first round draft choices it takes two to tango.  if there aren't any teams to trade with then it doesn't get done.

Each year there are trade ups and trade downs and 'mac couldn;t make a deal cause there was no trade partner'

It was just like clock work.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

True, but I'll still be critical of Macc for not trading back last year (or any other year, for that matter).  There reportedly WAS at least one team looking to move up to 3.  Even if we had to accept 50-75 cents on the dollar for # 3, we should have pulled the trigger.  We gave up three 2nds to get # 3 in 2018 but we couldn't recoup any of those 2nd rounders in a trade-down in 2019?  Please.

More often than not, there's ALWAYS a team looking to move up for the right price.  These are NFL GM's we're talking about.  Most of them are either experts on market economics or have people in their ear that are.  And the draft is the ultimate commodity marketplace where everyone is on a level playing field; every pick has a tangible value that someone is willing to pay other picks for.  Thus, ANY pick can get traded at any time.  

• Upvote 1

For the poster thinking Denver would trade up to the Jets for the 11th pick for a QB. Trade value (which isn’t really worth a sh*t) has the points 

Jets - 11 = 1250

Den - 15 + 46 = 1050 + 440 = 1490

The Jets might need to throw a later pick in to balance it out but Denver would be going for a QB so that would increase the value of the Jets pick especially if another team was wanting to trade up. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but I'll still be critical of Macc for not trading back last year (or any other year, for that matter).  There reportedly WAS at least one team looking to move up to 3.  Even if we had to accept 50-75 cents on the dollar for # 3, we should have pulled the trigger.  We gave up three 2nds to get # 3 in 2018 but we couldn't recoup any of those 2nd rounders in a trade-down in 2019?  Please.

More often than not, there's ALWAYS a team looking to move up for the right price.  These are NFL GM's we're talking about.  Most of them are either experts on market economics or have people in their ear that are.  And the draft is the ultimate commodity marketplace where everyone is on a level playing field; every pick has a tangible value that someone is willing to pay other picks for.  Thus, ANY pick can get traded at any time.  

I realize that my above post contradicts what I posted earlier, that in Mick's scenario no one would want to trade up to 11 with us.

I'll amend that to say I do think that there would still be someone looking to trade up.  But unlike last year, I don't think taking 75 cents on the dollar would be smart.  We have other ways of acquiring picks.  If we stick and pick, we at least have a pair of early 3rd rounders this season.  

In '19 we only had one 3rd rounder and no 2nd rounders.  Plus the top of the board was all defense whereas the middle of the 1st round was where the offensive player value was to be found.  Much different scenario.  

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

i'm certainly not trying to resurrect mac and his stupid drafts.  i'm just saying is sometimes there just isn't a deal to be made and if the available players aren't worth the higher draft position then there is no point.  i do agree that mac most likely had offers for one or more first round picks he made but he didn't take them.  and mac did seem to easily make later round trades.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

My draft:

I feel like they have to get a cooper in FA with this draft.

image.png.799350e8f16bf4d4a1162683434c06de.png

With this draft, assuming we keep Beachum, we could kick Niang into guard. Heck if the team feels good about Edoga, kick Wirfs into guard for a year also.

Idk if I love or hate getting Winfield Jr. after what his dad did to us years ago.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

With this draft, assuming we keep Beachum, we could kick Niang into guard. Heck if the team feels good about Edoga, kick Wirfs into guard for a year also.

Idk if I love or hate getting Winfield Jr. after what his dad did to us years ago.

Winfield is going to be a player in the NFL... I wouldn't hold what Red McCombs and his father did against his son. It was screwed up but it happens... They are different people.

I think they need to keep Beachum and Niang to guard. Move Edoga inside and try to steal Conklin with an overpay contract from Tenn.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, Jetster said:

I'm thinking this is exactly what's going to happen. If you look at the top 10 picks, you see Burrow & Tua gone. No way Miami passes on Tua, id be SHOCKED. That leaves Herbert & the team sitting in the drivers seat at 11 that doesn't need a QB & is perched in front of 4 teams who could use a QB. 

What team sitting behind us has one of the smartest Head Coaches & the dumbest QB? Tampa Bay. I could definitely see Tampa wanting Herbert. But right in front of Tampa is another team starving for a young QB with a GM that is truly under the gun in John Elway. 

Imagine getting a 2nd & another pick to move back just 1 space and still get the guy on Joe Ds board? This could be completely possible with us at 11. With two 2s & two 3s, Joey D could really make hay in this draft. I'm always pumped for the draft, but I think this draft will be the turning point we've needed with the right people in charge. This is our moment to compliment Darnold with a group of young playmakers. How long has it been since a draft lined up exactly with our needs? All those Olineman, a ton of WRs, Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Jefferson, and a lot more that round 2 with two picks could be a godsend for Darnold. 

Isn't that what the Niners got from the idiot Bears for going down 1 spot so they could take Trubisky?

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

Isn't that what the Niners got from the idiot Bears for going down 1 spot so they could take Trubisky?

We did it a long time ago.  '93 I think, we moved back from 3 to 4 so the Cards could take a Garrison Hearst and we still took the guy we wanted (Marvin Jones).  Only that was before the trade chart so we just got a RB (Johnny Johnson) for the move.  Still, it was a freebie.

• Upvote 1

Obviously this is going to change a lot between now and the draft but it’s interesting to see who will be available for the Jets pick at 11. 
After running a bunch of mocks these are the top players available at 11. 
From that list who would you take?
25B12551-FD0C-41DC-86D4-537F1F5DE995.thumb.png.a6c3e6b7a808f71072812c4b79eb1bf3.png

Hmm. That’s rough. I would want to grab Higgins or prince but in all honesty it might have to be Okudah there. Do not want Epenesa. At least not now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

After looking at what WRs are available in FA and what they’ve been signing for I wouldn’t care if Anderson signed for around $12 a year. 

From my perspective it’s a no brainer. Sign Robbie for up to
$13 per. It won’t even be an issue in 2 years when the salary cap is $20 mil higher.
. A good idea here is to Keep Robbie, draft Higgins( in this scenario) and call it a day at the WR spot until the later rds. 2nd and 3rd are all OL then. I like this

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:56 PM, Jets723 said:

But if the best OL go early and one of those top WR slip you have to take them.  I don’t want to reach for a OL, we can always grab them in round 2 and 3 

that is the only exception I can live with ... still would rather err on thie side of lower 1st round OL talent ... jmo