Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

New York Mick

8 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

That’s about as bad as it could possibly fall for us

This makes sense to me.  The toughest players to pick up in Fa are Ots, qbs and WRs.  Those will be the top 10 picks.  

Okudah would be the call there, or a trade down that is reasonable, even if below point value.  Don’t fall in the Mac trap. 

If I am JD I am signing Beachum AND Conklin or another Tackle AND at least 1 guard.  If a tackle drops use Beachum as a swing back up, or play the drafted tackle at Guard.  Take the best players at impact positions.   JD cannot expect to fill all the holes in one year.  Bring in the best players he can and next year fill holes.  

CB1 would be a great position to draft. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if those are the choices then maybe trading back in order.  not many oline guys and it looks like the ones that are there aren't even ranked high enough to be the 11th pick.

You may be right.  As much as I want OL to be the highest priority I don’t want to reach  for one either 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

After Lamb and Jeudy I’m a little torn between Higgins and Ruggs. Think I actually prefer Ruggs. 

I’m not sure on that one either. I didn’t watch that much college football this year as I normally do so I missed a lot of players. I’d be happy with any of the top WRs in the first two rounds. As long as it’s not a DL or S. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m not sure on that one either. I didn’t watch that much college football this year as I normally do so I missed a lot of players. I’d be happy with any of the top WRs in the first two rounds. As long as it’s not a DL or S. 

Ruggs is the fastest guy of the bunch. I think speed a WR is the most needed thing on this team. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Robby has speed. I like Higgins catch radius so I was favoring him. 

Anderson won't  be signed. You think he's  worth the money he wants?

Also, I think I read Ruggs was clocked at 25 mph on one catch and run thos season. He would get speeding tickets in a school zone. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If they take Delpit or Epenesa I’ll lose my sh*t. 
I could deal with Okudah they could use a CB and he has a ton of potential. 
I wouldn’t be thrilled with drafting a RB that high but at least it’s offense. 
Ruggs or Higgins would be the smartest pick IMO considering the remaining OL. 

E92C4205-EF83-4013-AD70-4AA5D21B7DEE.jpeg

Creed Humphrey is going back to OU... but otherwise ok.

Two mocks from the draft network

11.New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png

Jets

Jerry Jeudy

WR, Alabama

The last time I saw a more detailed route runner in college football than Jerry Jeudy was his Alabama predecessor in Amari Cooper. I believe Jeudy can have that kind of impact for a New York Jets team that desperately needs playmakers for young quarterback Sam Darnold.

11.New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png

Jets

K'Lavon Chaisson

EDGE, LSU

A team’s going to fall in love with K’Lavon Chaisson. Heck, our own Kyle Crabbs is already doing so on Twitter. And why shouldn’t they? Chaisson has the most extraordinary athletic ability of any EDGE in this class not named Chase Young and has manifested that athleticism into a bevy of deployments: stand-up rushing from wide, blitzing from interior gaps and dropping into coverage.

The New York Jets have been laughably thirsting after EDGE talent for years and shouldn’t balk from potentially over-drafting a player of Chaisson’s caliber. Speed off the outside corner is the single most important thing for this team’s long-term success.

• Upvote 1

If Okudah is sitting there at 11, someone will call in behind us to see if the pick is available. Okudah is a STUD & I don't think he'll make it to 11, he's the best CB in the draft but in this scenario, JD is moving back with more picks to fill this roster. 

• Upvote 1

Epenesa,Okudah,Higgins,Ruggs any of the 4 would be good picks and I wouldn't consider anyone else up there. I also wouldn't trade back either. 

Epenesa 11.5 sacks and demolished Austin Jackson for 2.5 sacks, 4 tackles and a FF- Fills a massive need

Okudah- Best CB in the league and most mocks I've seen have him going #3. Fills a massive need

Higgins- My personal favorite if we go WR and it's for the simple fact that he's big, fast and gives Sam a nice big target to throw to on the outside

Ruggs- 6'0 but a flat out speed demon, solid route runner. Similar skill set to Tyreek Hill. 

While I prefer an OT or Jeudy/Lamb, all 4 of these guys would be solid draft choices if we miss out on those 5. 

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Epenesa,Okudah,Higgins,Ruggs any of the 4 would be good picks and I wouldn't consider anyone else up there. I also wouldn't trade back either. 

Epenesa 11.5 sacks and demolished Austin Jackson for 2.5 sacks, 4 tackles and a FF- Fills a massive need

Okudah- Best CB in the league and most mocks I've seen have him going #3. Fills a massive need

Higgins- My personal favorite if we go WR and it's for the simple fact that he's big, fast and gives Sam a nice big target to throw to on the outside

Ruggs- 6'0 but a flat out speed demon, solid route runner. Similar skill set to Tyreek Hill. 

While I prefer an OT or Jeudy/Lamb, all 4 of these guys would be solid draft choices if we miss out on those 5. 

If they draft another DL this board is going to meltdown as well as me. Enough can’t miss DL. 

• Upvote 3