Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

New York Mick

50 minutes ago, funaz said:

I think we don't need a speedster. We need a big physical WR who will go get the big catches and fight for the ball. We have a speedy WR in anderson. Even if he leaves, I think a big prototypical WR#1 is what we need

Jeudy or Lamb... must have if the top 3 OL don't fall.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, funaz said:

Jeudy is only 61. Lamb is only 62. I'd prefer bigger but i don't know college players so I won't pretend to. 

You need to watch highlights... these 2 are superstars.. Don't look at combine stats... 

Jeudy is polished and a great route runner with great hands... mind you some of the best WRs in history are not taller then 6'2". His game is more like Antonio Brown, can catch contested catches but its not his forte... its more separation and good hands, but from the stuff I have watched its because he rarely had the opportunity to showcase more because he just burned the competition

Lamb had to catch way more contested catches but Big 12 is hard to judge against those defenses, because they practically just have traffic cones out there.

Higgins is more your speed, 6'4" and almost everything is a contested catch. I like him too, not sure at 11 but I would love him in the 2nd.

Also, Jefferies might be there in the 2nd... I would love that. 

Jeudy, Lamb and Simmons all fall to us 80% of the time when I run the simulator. Very tough to pass up Simmons even if I know we should pick an offensive player.

Also, Etienne regularly seems to be there for our 2nd pick. He looked great last night.

How would you all feel if we went Simmons, Etienne with our first 2 picks?

6 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Jeudy, Lamb and Simmons all fall to us 80% of the time when I run the simulator. Very tough to pass up Simmons even if I know we should pick an offensive player.

Also, Etienne regularly seems to be there for our 2nd pick. He looked great last night.

I perosonally like Simmons, but do the Jets really want to invest more capital in LBs, with so many other needs. 2nd round for a RB is too high.

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I perosonally like Simmons, but do the Jets really want to invest more capital in LBs, with so many other needs. 2nd round for a RB is too high.

Thanks for the info on the WRs I appreciate it. I agree on RB, i don't like drafting RBs anywhere in the first 3 rounds. 90% of RB production is Oline, and despite how fun it is to get a GREAT Rb, its not worth spending money on one, or drafting with a premium pick. 

Oline and WR all day. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Nah dude. Our pick will and should be Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa.

Wirfs is currently waffling and May wind up staying in school which would likely eliminate OT for our first round pick. 

Simmons is barely a LB, he’s too much like Jamal and Chiason is too small to be an every down rusher. 

if we can’t trade down, we should take someone like Higgins and address OT/IOL in rounds 2 and 3. We could sign someone like Graham Glasgow, resign Lewis and Beachem and hopefully get someone like Becton in the second round along with a center or even another OT like Trey Adams. 

As much as we need OL, we might just get priced out at 11 and reaching won’t do anything. We need good players and have enough needs where we can hit on an elite guy at WR in that spot. 

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

I'd hate it beyond all belief.

No way we can take Simmons, he is another swiss army knife and we have one in adams.

No way can we take a back (even though i like etienne) when the oline is in shambles and wr is a big need.

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One would think if a team were inclined to burn a high pick on a safety, that team might also be interested in swapping that high pick for a two-time All-Pro self-styled celebrity stud strong safety, one would think 

Huge difference in salary

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Wirfs is currently waffling and May wind up staying in school which would likely eliminate OT for our first round pick. 

Simmons is barely a LB, he’s too much like Jamal and Chiason is too small to be an every down rusher. 

if we can’t trade down, we should take someone like Higgins and address OT/IOL in rounds 2 and 3. We could sign someone like Graham Glasgow, resign Lewis and Beachem and hopefully get someone like Becton in the second round along with a center or even another OT like Trey Adams. 

As much as we need OL, we might just get priced out at 11 and reaching won’t do anything. We need good players and have enough needs where we can hit on an elite guy at WR in that spot. 

If Wirfs stays, how about Biadasz the C from Wisconsin? Or Austin Jackson OT, USC?

Draft simulators are fun, but they are trash.  In order to randomize them, they do some bizarre things that make no sense.  

I have not seen a mock where Okudah falls to 11 and 90% of them have him linked to DET at #3.  So forget about that (barring anything substantially changing between now and April).

It is possible that we could miss out on all 3 OTs and 2 WRs but that would take an almost perfect storm, including having Tua (or Herbert) drop to us and as the Chargers seem linked to Herbert, that means Tua is sitting there along with a few blue-chip defensive players like Delpit, Simmons and Epenesa.  I think at that point, we almost have to try to trade down a bit.  And with Tua on the board, I think that should be a real possibility.  But more likely, he'd either get taken by MIA at #5 or someone else below that would trade down so someone could get him.

Worst case, if we are stuck at #11 and all the OTs and WRs (and Okudah) are gone, we're in a pretty bad spot.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Draft simulators are fun, but they are trash.  In order to randomize them, they do some bizarre things that make no sense.  

I have not seen a mock where Okudah falls to 11 and 90% of them have him linked to DET at #3.  So forget about that (barring anything substantially changing between now and April).

It is possible that we could miss out on all 3 OTs and 2 WRs but that would take an almost perfect storm, including having Tua (or Herbert) drop to us and as the Chargers seem linked to Herbert, that means Tua is sitting there along with a few blue-chip defensive players like Delpit, Simmons and Epenesa.  I think at that point, we almost have to try to trade down a bit.  And with Tua on the board, I think that should be a real possibility.  But more likely, he'd either get taken by MIA at #5 or someone else below that would trade down so someone could get him.

Worst case, if we are stuck at #11 and all the OTs and WRs (and Okudah) are gone, we're in a pretty bad spot.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Like I said. It’s going to change a lot b the draft but it was a kick in the nuts seeing this over and over. I had my money on the Jets drafting Wirfs. What I’m happy with. 

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

If Wirfs stays, how about Biadasz the C from Wisconsin? Or Austin Jackson OT, USC?

Jackson hasn't declared yet but he could rise through the process.  Some posters have said hes more of a 2nd round guys but who knows.   Same with Biadasz - hes good but isnt necessarily a better prospect then someone like Eric McCoy who was a 2nd rounder.

If he is, then even more reason to take the WR at 11 and then OL with all of the next 3 picks if you want.

Some combo of Lamb and Biadasz/Jackson or Wirfs/Wills and Justin Jefferson works for me.

As an aside, the RB from LSU Edwards-Hellaire looks like an awesome prospect.  Natural WR, quick feet and acceleration.  Should be a 2nd rounder but will be a 3rd because he is short (who cares).  Wouldn't mind that pick at all.

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ruggs is the fastest guy of the bunch. I think speed a WR is the most needed thing on this team. 

How so?  Darnold isn't especially known as an accurate deep ball thrower.  I know we might be losing Robby but that doesn't mean we have to replace him with a speed guy.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How so?  Darnold isn't especially known as an accurate deep ball thrower.  I know we might be losing Robby but that doesn't mean we have to replace him with a speed guy.  

Actually if you look at some of the deep balls Anderson has caught, I find it interesting how you can say Sam doesni't  have  deep ball accuracy. 

In any case, Ruggs most impressive catch was a short pass that he turned into 60+ reception being clocked ar 25 mph so deep routes  isn't  the only thing he runs.