Would Foles to the Colts make sense?

BCJet

Theres been a lot of talk about the Colts possible moving up in the draft for a QB, but given their absurd amount of cap space and the fact that Reich was the OC when Foles won the SB, wouldn't it make more sense to offer the Jags a 6th round pick to take Foles' salary off their hands?

Put Foles on that team with a first round WR and thats a much more dangerous team then the Brisket/2019 colts. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wouldn't Brissett and a 1st round WR, and more, be a better team too? 

What did he have, an injured TY and what? 

Brisset had a very average season behind the best OL in the league.  For a late round pick, whats the downside of brining in Foles?

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You need more than an OL.

You need a better qb than Brissett

i live in Indianapolis and was forced to watch him play his upside is Jay Fiedler 

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers make sense but who knows they both may retire. Luck screwed the Colts hard.

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

i live in Indianapolis and was forced to watch him play his upside is Jay Fiedler 

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers make sense but who knows they both may retire. Luck screwed the Colts hard.

Wasn't it kind of mutual? How many years did the Colts refuse to address the Oline? They literally almost killed that kid.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Brissett is better than Rivers or Eli

I watched him play a lot too.  Brissett had no one to throw to, hard to blame him for that teams finish, he was part of the problem because he leads the offense but a Rivers or Eli wouldnt have helped

19 hours ago, BCJet said:

Theres been a lot of talk about the Colts possible moving up in the draft for a QB, but given their absurd amount of cap space and the fact that Reich was the OC when Foles won the SB, wouldn't it make more sense to offer the Jags a 6th round pick to take Foles' salary off their hands?

Put Foles on that team with a first round WR and thats a much more dangerous team then the Brisket/2019 colts. 

I like Brisket

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Colts should dip into the QB talent in this draft, if the opportunity presents itself.

That’s shortsighted. They should use their top pick to draft a safety while they so badly need a new QB in both the short and long term.

Looking at this rationally, it’s smarter to get this draft’s top safety prospect than the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board. Sign Eli Manning and wait until next year (or even the year after) for a QB. Eli can even wear his big brother’s jersey. 

• Upvote 1