Are any sports being played these days? Golf?

23 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The first two were excellent, the last one kinda sucked IMO.

Yea the first two were obvious masterpieces (part 1 happens to be my favorite movie of all time) and I understand the complaints against the third one but I personally don’t think it sucked that bad. I thought it was an alright movie that was just nowhere near the first two. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Last one was horrible. Encountered all kind of problems across the board. Should have never been made and burned at the stake. Just a sad sequel which was dishonorable to the legendary GF 1 & 2. Kind of similar to the first half of the Jets 2019 season. Those games should have just never even been played.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I thought about heading down to the local Wall Mart to watch them duke it out in the cleaning products isle.

this is the truth.....fight over water in my walmart when i was there. i'm standing there thinking i dont get it, we can alwayss get water from the tap

16 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Yea the first two were obvious masterpieces (part 1 happens to be my favorite movie of all time) and I understand the complaints against the third one but I personally don’t think it sucked that bad. I thought it was an alright movie that was just nowhere near the first two. 

13 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Last one was horrible. Encountered all kind of problems across the board. Should have never been made and burned at the stake. Just a sad sequel which was dishonorable to the legendary GF 1 & 2. Kind of similar to the first half of the Jets 2019 season. Those games should have just never even been played.

What are you guys talking about?!  GF 3 was the best of the trilogy.  To be honest, I thought GF 1 & 2 insisted upon themselves.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are you guys talking about?!  GF 3 was the best of the trilogy.  To be honest, I thought GF 1 & 2 insisted upon themselves.

It was horrific, slapped together and poorly thought out and sloppily written. Pauly Shore playing a hit man would have made it better. 

256C866E-0A1B-4C58-85C6-1125C43EA2AF.jpeg

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I run a golf course in Sussex county, we are operating as usual. I mean we are going way above the sanitation steps we would normally do but still functioning as normal. 

The nice thing with golf is it's really 4 people in a field for the most part haha

Nice.  One of the courses part of the Crystal Springs group? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I run a golf course in Sussex county, we are operating as usual. I mean we are going way above the sanitation steps we would normally do but still functioning as normal. 

The nice thing with golf is it's really 4 people in a field for the most part haha

Man vs ball.

Ball always wins... yet man keeps trying.

The most addictive sport I've ever played.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Man vs ball.

Ball always wins... yet man keeps trying.

The most addictive sport I've ever played.

Probably would be the most popular sport in the world if it didn't require huge amounts of land and tremendous upkeep to maintain the greens.  I always loved the Ben Hogan story.  If you could sell that kind of sports hero to a bunch of kids on an after school playground just dinking with putters.  Golf would be number one.

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It had great potential and had inevitable conclusions,  but overall, it was a travesty. No Robert Duvall. Unacceptable. Diane Keaton’s role was annoying as hell. Pacino’s role was was even more brutal. They took all the life out of his personality. Casting Andy Garcia was brilliant. He was awesome and I was hoping, before it came out, he’d be cast in GF4 in the modern underworld. A swing and a miss.

14 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

It had great potential and had inevitable conclusions,  but overall, it was a travesty. No Robert Duvall. Unacceptable. Diane Keaton’s role was annoying as hell. Pacino’s role was was even more brutal. They took all the life out of his personality. Casting Andy Garcia was brilliant. He was awesome and I was hoping, before it came out, he’d be cast in GF4 in the modern underworld. A swing and a miss.

A swing and a grand slam!  The most famous line from the trilogy "I tried to get out but they keep pulling me back in!"  It's the GOAT movie.

If you’re not into horse racing you should tune into Fox Sports (or TVG if you get it) and watch America’s day at the races. They’re showing Oaklawn and Aqueduct. There’s no other sports on anyway so you might as well try it and not to mention it solves the gambling issue for some of you. So buy some past performances online, bet from your phone and watch some racing. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A swing and a grand slam!  The most famous line from the trilogy "I tried to get out but they keep pulling me back in!"  It's the GOAT movie.

It sucks.  Here's my capsule explanation of that movie.  Sofia Coppola.... "But dah-dy, can't I be in your movie?"  I think the whole gangster genre just is so over glorified and unrealistic in general.  I watched these two gangster picks last month, Robert Mitchum in this flick about New England mobsters called "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" and Elaine May's buried mob flick "Mikey and Nicky" played John Cassavettes and Peter Falk.  It was actually captivating because of how grimy and realistic the actors played these low life scumbags.  Not this Shakespearean level tragedy at an opera house with all this ensemble cast of A level actors.  Which is kind of like how I would imagine Game of Thrones would be... this unrealistic fantasy.

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, 14 in Green said:

Everything is going on as usual here also. It’s  peak season now down here for golf trips, the courses are packed. 

Leagues at my club are proceeding as usual. I’m going crazy though. I haven’t been able to play for a month due to a severe case of golfers elbow. Without sports to watch on tv, it looks like lots of beach time, or get into fishing bass. Ugh.

Is that like tennis elbow? (epicondilitis)

I had that while cementing shoes at a shoe factory in the 90s. Awful pain that lasted for months and months.

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Is that like tennis elbow? (epicondilitis)

I had that while cementing shoes at a shoe factory in the 90s. Awful pain that lasted for months and months.

Simply put, tennis elbow is the when the inflammation is on the outside bone that protrudes from the elbow, golfers is on the inside one.

As far as the timeline, yeah it could take from a month up to a year (aaagh). Mine has improved a lot in a month though, I'm hoping to be back playing in another couple of weeks.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Simply put, tennis elbow is the when the inflammation is on the outside bone that protrudes from the elbow, golfers is on the inside one.

As far as the timeline, yeah it could take from a month up to a year (aaagh). Mine has improved a lot in a month though, I'm hoping to be back playing in another couple of weeks.

Yeah mine lasted 14-15 months or so before it would subside. I had 2 cortizone shots that kinda helped, but it just took not doing the jobs I was doing at the time.

It was where the tendon attatched to the bone just above the elbow. Felt like a rat gnawing on the bone 24/7