Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

1 hour ago, CTM said:

10 ish game related posts

you are an easy town read to me

you haven't town telled yet

The bolded highlights a complete misunderstanding of how probability works. If say, i think you are 50/50 scum and everyone else is expected game odds (25% of game scum), You could be my #1 for scum but still only a 50/50 bet.

worthless

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Jif, what's up? Thought you'd be more involved by now. No vote D1. Maybe some of you don't think the votes matter but I like looking at them as an extra piece to the puzzle.  Just had nothing to go on or what?

How much have you played with JiF?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No - I asked the question at 2:58 PM yesterday. You posted at 2:52 PM, were bouncing in and out of the thread after my post at 2:58 PM, then didn't make another post on this site until you responded to me at 3:29 PM.

258pm.png.76f3b63eac141bda5118e04741e48c37.png

The below is a screenshot from your posting history.

329pm.png.99d836c379f4cb390932706e113ec4df.png

So either I caught you in a lie, or you're confused.

This is gross.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

"What are you thinking?"

"What are your thoughts?"

"Who's your number 1?"

"Who's in your top 3?"

JFC WHAT IS THIS? AM I MARRIED TO YOU PEOPLE!?

I just woke up give me a god damn minute FFS!

You need a snickers

• Haha 2

Just now, Leelou said:

Using people’s activity online feels slimy always.

Sometimes I wake up and check a game and then go back to sleep so unless someone is actively posting somewhere other than the game I usually ignore this kind of thing myself.

Just now, Nolder said:

Sometimes I wake up and check a game and then go back to sleep so unless someone is actively posting somewhere other than the game I usually ignore this kind of thing myself.

FTR I don't know what you're talking about exactly. Just sayin' that's where I draw the line.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is one of the few solid pieces of information we have so far. Pac was NK'd and was town. So yea - I'm going to think about why they would have made that decision. The only other solid piece of information we have is that leelou executed spoot D1 and he was also town. D1 sucks for information available though.

It's a scum tell. I've nailed dozens of scum with it.  I like you doubling down on it though.  Respect. 

@GATA

I don’t have the best reads on people yet, need to commit to a reread which won’t be til later today, we have a bunch of house projects we’re working on here. Pre-read thoughts:

CTM I’m on the fence about, I don’t mind JiFs play, I was expecting a bit more out of you, Barry still skeeves me out, I need to judge AVM on his and decker’s play, crushlove eh, NYn I’m fine with, I’m down to vote 80, Greece is an enigma, k... low null, drums okay, nolder hasn’t produced much, was expecting a bit more out of Stark, Jvill feels slightly go with the flow. I think that’s everyone

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GATA said:

I always ask questions this isn’t new. Both of them came into day 1 voting you. And your OMGUS is delicious. How about you do some scum hunting instead of b1tching about ppl pointing a finger at you for not actually having your same Batman energy. Might need to hang up that cape seems like you’re washed.  

I'm sorry, what have you provided?

You have to be kidding me here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

And here we go!

This is the sh*t I'm talking about...

Half the game has barely played with me.  Died N1, lynched D2.  How the **** do you know what I'm normally like? 

I know its been like 3 years but this is coming off as town JiF to me..

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Ok. I’ll Do me and you do you. What I do has nothing to do with how you are playing. I’m still working, so I will explain it when I get time later today. 

I’ll wait, regardless. Most likely. Probably.

...maybe.

41 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Stark 

@AVM

@Nolder

@Jetsfan80

@Leelou
what are all your thoughts so far ? 

@greece666 ?? hi ....

let’s start over. Maybe you can let me know what you think of everyone else as well besides just me being scum.

Barrys big post came across as genuine scum hunting and questioning...wasn’t feeling great but he slid up in the town group with that. Wanted more from a lot of that group you just posted, which I won’t read in to right now.

If not for the way Crush reacted and me feeling so strongly town on him, I’d dismiss JiF entirely right now. Him v. CTM is bringing the best conversation of the game to the table thus far and it’s extremely possible that Crush has changed up his play style in all the time since I last played...so I want to hear what he’s promising to say...

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

"What are you thinking?"

"What are your thoughts?"

"Who's your number 1?"

"Who's in your top 3?"

JFC WHAT IS THIS? AM I MARRIED TO YOU PEOPLE!?

I just woke up give me a god damn minute FFS!

No, B**** I’m your king! Don’t make me demote you to Slow Court Jester.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

@GATA

I don’t have the best reads on people yet, need to commit to a reread which won’t be til later today, we have a bunch of house projects we’re working on here. Pre-read thoughts:

CTM I’m on the fence about, I don’t mind JiFs play, I was expecting a bit more out of you, Barry still skeeves me out, I need to judge AVM on his and decker’s play, crushlove eh, NYn I’m fine with, I’m down to vote 80, Greece is an enigma, k... low null, drums okay, nolder hasn’t produced much, was expecting a bit more out of Stark, Jvill feels slightly go with the flow. I think that’s everyone

The expecting more out of you is directed at @GATA

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

you too btw.

My point to jif is he's completely overreacting to a little pressure and is either flailing scum or emotional town who cant see the forest for the trees.

Regardless though, there's been other people who have encouraged the case without votes. Which is somewhat less meaningful this game, but still noteworthy

Ridiculous.  No matter how I responded you were ready to frame it this way.

Passive - scum

Aggressive - scum

Emotional - scum

Flailing - scum

You've literally taken the form of the Ape.  

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm sorry, what have you provided?

You have to be kidding me here. 

Only explanation for JiF to react this over the top as scum would be, in my opinion, if he’s paired with a bunch of inactives and is frustrated. I don’t remember OMGUS JiF being scummy...

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's a scum tell. I've nailed dozens of scum with it.  I like you doubling down on it though.  Respect. 

We're playing a game of limited information to try and solve a puzzle. Everyone should be using all available information to solve that puzzle. Maybe I'll understand how this is a scum tell with more experience but for now it just seems to me that you're using a bad reason to identify scum. Just my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I don’t feel comfortable with this line of reasoning. 

All the newbs have seen 2 1/2 days of came play.  I was NK N1 in their first game after successfully calling out half the scum team. And I was lynched last game because I read scum 80 as such but didnt want to vote him because he modded the game before and revitalized mafia.  My other choice, scum.  I was lynched the next day for admitting the truth. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We're playing a game of limited information to try and solve a puzzle. Everyone should be using all available information to solve that puzzle. Maybe I'll understand how this is a scum tell with more experience but for now it just seems to me that you're using a bad reason to identify scum. Just my opinion.

Why doesnt tell you anything.  Who does.

Off to play golf, have fun. 

Ok so I'll give a rundown of where my suspicions lay at the moment and then give an overview of where I'm at with everyone.

Pac was actually my number 1, go figure. I didn't like the self voting thing it felt way too AtE to me. I guess maybe he was trying to pull a Hess and psych out scum. If so, that backfired pretty bad lol. Anyway I'm not gonna lie I was obviously wrong here.

CTM would be my number 2 and at the risk of this seeming like an OMGUS thing he's been hounding me for...kind of awhile in just a 30 page game and I really don't get it. As far as I've noticed he's just calling me scum with no real basis. And yes calling things scummy without explaining how they are scummy is having no basis. You can't just call a vote or a post scummy. You gotta say like that was the hammer vote therefore it's scummy he hammered before giving the guy a chance to talk or that post is scummy because he's setting up a lynch on so and so tomorrow. CTM hasn't provided that. He's just saying I'm scummy and it stinks.

Crusher seems off but I think he just doesn't like the setup. He's still fat but not as jolly and that pings me. 

The Roster:

1.  Nolder - Me, amazing, Slowking.

2.  Barry - Involved but seems like a good player capable of going the distance as either town or scum.

3.  Stark - Tone seems different than last time to me. Gun to head I'd say he's not on a team which would indicate town.

4.  Drums - No read haven't really seen much from him.

5.  80 - No read, seems to do his usual 80 stuff.

6.  Dr. Crushlove - On my radar.

7.  GATA - Annoying, someone who's been pestering me along with others. She's pretty good though so like Barry I think she can fake being interested and involved for as long as it takes. Don't recall anything scummy offhand.

8.  Spoot - Villager, lynched D1 - Sweet Beaver Prince. RIP

9.  CTM - Stinky. Accusing me of things with no basis.

10.  Decker AVM - King! Not in the game long enough for me to asses.

11.  Pac - Villager, and backup Kingmaker, nightkilled N1 - He died how he lived, as second fiddle to someone else's show.

12.  Kdels - IDK I don't remember seeing much from kdels. Either he's not active much or I'm not paying enough attention.

13.  JiF  - Active, batman, like 80 just doing his thing I haven't noticed anything good or bad yet.

14.  Greece - New, kind of sparse, no idea.

15.  Leelou - Former Queen. Bugging me. Killed a townie but hey it happens. Seems alright for now.

16.  Nyn - Another person who's pestering me. IDK if she thinks she's going to make a case on my not giving reads or what but if she does I'd say that's a scum move. Was tempted not to give reads at all because of her insistence but given the gametype I figure I still want to be useful to our monarchs if I can be.

17.  Jvill - Same as Kdels. Are they posting or am I just not seeing it?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

There are things that go against the spirit of the game and using online activity is a big one for me.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

OK - if that's the case it's news to me.

Not sure what the “rules” are around here but generally agree.

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Only explanation for JiF to react this over the top as scum would be, in my opinion, if he’s paired with a bunch of inactives and is frustrated. I don’t remember OMGUS JiF being scummy...

How am I being OMGUS?  She said I'm not scum hunting, while I am and she hasnt done anything, at all.  I dont see how that's OMGUS. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

How am I being OMGUS?  She said I'm not scum hunting, while I am and she hasnt done anything, at all.  I dont see how that's OMGUS. 

The frustration with the game setup, the back and forth with CTM and in general the responses seemed kind of OMGUSy...but maybe just frustration is a better way to describe it. I can’t speak for her, but again your reaction is coming across as town-ish to me...just waiting to hear from Crush.

• Upvote 1