Mock Draft Pro football network

On 3/25/2020 at 5:43 PM, Mavericknyc1980 said:

They have trades as well what do you guys think.

3B05D692-C0AA-4C82-8618-55C5D9D755A0.png

I absolutely love it. If we can get Thomas at a 15, Higgins in Rd. 2 and both Biadasz and Dobbins in Rd. 3 that right there is a home run. But this is a simulator and this will never happen. These guys will be gone by then. Maybe Biadasz will be there early in Rd. 3 b/c he's been slipping due to his injury but I have a feeling he will go in Rd. 2. he's still one of the top pure C prospects in the draft. 

Love it. I prefer Jeudy or Ruggs in round 1, but definitely won’t be complaining with this.

Higgins is being so undervalued because of 1 bad game in a big spot. But he’s very much 1st round talent and I doubt he’ll fall to us in 2. I’d be ecstatic though.

Isiah Wilson is really good value in that spot too. Would really like to take a tackle to replace the dreadful Edoga.

That trade to DEN was there for me too.  Most of the time, there are multiple OTs at 11 and in some cases, I saw 3 so that's a little unrealistic but whatever.

I was able to use those DEN picks to finagle a trade with SF up to 31 to grab a better WR.  Wasn't planning to go OL again so early and was thinking another WR, but I couldn't pass on Ruiz in the 2nd.  Would have liked a pass rusher somewhere but CB is just as big a need and I really like the value of Green at 79.  Finally, I'm very intrigued by Gibson.  Big, strong, fast, good hands, just not much experience at RB (he was a WR but he's 228 lbs.)  I would celebrate this draft with much booze and dancing.  If only...

Decent site.  I don't think it drafts other teams very realistically but fun for what it is.  BTW, I only ran it through 4 rounds because beyond that it seems too random to me.

image.png

Fun site to play around with. Unless you'er totally enamoured with one of the 4 OT's and he is there at 11, I  think picks 20-25 is the potential sweet spot in the draft for the NYJ. That's where you can trade down for Jones/Jackson and trade up from 48 for Jefferson/Mims. Easier said than done. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I find it very hard to imagine that Douglas would invest 4 picks on the OL after handing out 4 OL free agent contracts.

It's why I think he goes tackle in Rd 1. Basically he took a low risk high reward high volume approach to the OL in FA. I think he takes a blue chip OT at 11 assuming one is there and then trust to shore up other areas in 2/3 unless tremendous value is there (wirfs sitting at 48 after he took Thomas at 11 or some dumb crap like that)

• Upvote 1

Trade with Dallas...which seems to be a common idea around here. :P  Sent the #11 and #120 for the #17 and #51.

Happy with...

• 2 excellent WR prospects
  • 2 good (but not great) OT prospects who seem like a fit for the Jets' ZBS
  • Landing Baun at #51

Not happy with...

• Addressing CB so late and with only one player
  • Possibly too many OL prospects with Wanogho, Peart, Harris and Durant.  At least one of the last two could end up on the PS.
  • Not getting a RB

45238962_ScreenShot2020-03-29at8_14_05PM.png.ab35251531a2155c7f324221283a3d00.png

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I find it very hard to imagine that Douglas would invest 4 picks on the OL after handing out 4 OL free agent contracts.

Agreed, but I do think he will select 3: 1) in the first or second round a LT who can either play right away or be rotated in as the season progresses while being mentored by the re-signed Kelvin Beachum; 2) a mid round C, who may also be able to play G, to compete with McGovern and strengthen the interior O line overall; 3) a developmental G or T late.

• Upvote 1

Traded down with Jags for their 20th pick and got their 2nd. Somehow Wills fell to 20. I had to give up a 5th round pick for them to take the deal but i thought it was worth it. 

1. Plug and play LT.

2. Skilled outside, long, lean, big bodied, #1 type athletic WR. I know Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are the top 3 and Mims, Jefferson, Reagor are great but Higgins is one of if not the favorite WRs of mine in this draft.  

2. Edge rusher with great power, burst and motor. This guy was built to get to the QB and is NFL ready. I don't know why he is not getting more traction as one of the top edge rushers in this weak edge draft. 

3. Developmental outside CB. He's got the size, skill, speed and athleticism to start on the outside. He will need some time to develop though. 

3.  One of the best route runners in the draft. Jefferson has great hands and will immediately make an impact in certain situations. 

4. Electric speed combined with size, power and versatility. Gibson is a great change of pace back who can also contribute as a receiver and on special teams. He is explosive. 

6. Durant is a massive, versatile OT/OG prospect. I envision him as a developmental RT. Possibly a future starter. He's got all the tools. 

6. Picked up another developmental CB in rd. 6 in Harrison Hand. Seemed like great value, even if he only makes the practice squad. 

7. Traded a future 7th for the Giants 7th to get Rrrrrrrrodrigo! Cuz, you know. We need a kicker.    

Jedrick Wills
OT Alabama
trade icon
Tee Higgins
WR Clemson
trade icon
Curtis Weaver
DE Boise State

Damon Arnette
CB Ohio State

Van Jefferson
WR Florida