Douglas to address media shortly.

27 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I'd love to see what teams are offering in a trade for Adams. I'd bet not one team has offered a 1st round pick. You have to consider that not only are they giving up a high pick but that Adams will require a huge long term contract. Remember Adams is a box safety. Much less valuable than QB, LT, edge, CB, OL(RT,C,G) and WR .

I hope JD gives Adams and his agent the okay to seek a trade and then they'll see what teams will give up for him. I'd guess nothing more than a 2nd and a 4th.

Is it bad that I would take that? You nailed it,his position is just not what you should pay big money to.

I think he would only take something that included a 1st rounder but, if we took a 2 and 4th or whatever. It's two starters. Literally  a replacement Safety and maybe a starting CB. It would great for us.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I don't like this part of his statement, "compete for a starting job".  That's a lot of dough to gamble with! 

And if he handed him the starting job we’d be complaining that he didnt have to go out and earn it

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

let’s see how it plays out but you certainly shouldn’t be taking victory laps. 

So which is it?

Let things play out?

Or complain in one post after another than the talent level is worse and the team/offense isnt competitive without seeing  it on the field

You have different rules that are all over the place

8 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:
Joe Douglas says Vyncint Smith will have a “real opportunity” in 2020. Also talks highly about Josh Doctson (whom #Jets signed after the year) & Braxton Berrios.

Good.  I like giving people with skills their shot. Wayne Chrebet, Snacks and Robby are pretty solid examples.  Now we have UDFA's Kyle Phillips, Vyncint Smith, Jalin Moore, Jamey Mosely and even 6th rdr Bless Austin. 

Some of those cats are hungry and will work to make the team. It's great when they can have a real opportunity to do that. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Really hope they do add a mid round G/C. But by keeping Winters, they might not have room on the roster with already 6 interior linemen signed for next year.

If they do retain winters along with lewis, Andrews, McGovern, Van Roten and Harrison for the interior o line, it would allow for them to use one of the 3rds for CB or Edge. 6 guys for 3 spots is a solid start for a legit competition. The good news is every one of them, aside from Winters can play numerous positions on the o line. Its nice to be able to shuffle dudes around and see where they play the best. Who knows? Maybe Harrison ends up a starting G.

There will be some decent CB's there in the 3rd I believe. Not as sure about an edge guy I'd use a 3rd on that I expect too much from, but the CB crop is decent. I would absolutely grab Bryce Hall if he slid that far and Lamar Jackson is going to be a stud imo.  Jackson is almost guaranteed to be there in the 3rd I'd say. So this could be workable if we use the first 3 picks on offense and the 4th pick on D or something like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

In the interview, I really liked that Douglas does not think that any of the distancing measures has had any effect on his prerparadness  for the draft. Also mentioned he worked early on some advanced scouting to get the scouts accustomed to the new grading system (which was a worry of mine that the Scouts would still cause the process to fail) Interview also removed all doubt as to whether the first pick will be offense or defense,

A new grading system. You have to think that system at least partially comes from the Ravens. It's seriously about time we at least got some legitimacy in this god dammned org. 

Maybe we'll even have a war room where the scouts are allowed in the room. Wouldn't that be something?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

IMO the team is worse than it was at the start of of FA. 

Interesting take.  I'd be interested to see how you think that. Van Roten and McGovern were starters and both played better than what wee had at their positions last year. McGovern basically takes Harrison and relegates him to reserve duty unless he blows them away at G. lewis was the best interior OL we had last year and he's coming back. 

I could see the Fant signing as one not to be too excited over, but he's a question mark. Beachum, who I would be ok resigning was a lower tier T and we already know that. 

The Defense is undoubtedly better by getting rid of Tru and Roberts. Desir is a very good CB who is at least better than the two I mentioned. 

So anyway, I just kind of thought outlaid there, but I'm not seeing it.  oh right. Robby.  That one is also debatable. Perriman played exceptionally well when he came in for the Bucs at the end of the season. If he keeps that going we got a gem... who is actually faster than Robby. 

Thoughts? 

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

A new grading system. You have to think that system at least partially comes from the Ravens. It's seriously about time we at least got some legitimacy in this god dammned org. 

Maybe we'll even have a war room where the scouts are allowed in the room. Wouldn't that be something?

He talked about it in the summer a little. It is Baltimore's system as you thought, and it is a grading system that is the same for both college and pro players so you instantly know who is an upgrade. Not sure how that works exactly but its what he stated.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He talked about it in the summer a little. It is Baltimore's system as you thought, and it is a grading system that is the same for both college and pro players so you instantly know who is an upgrade. Not sure how that works exactly but its what he stated.

Well that's at least hopeful. I didn't catch that one, but I like it. It could be great if JD, Rex Hogan, Chad Alexander and Phil Savage actually provide some mentorship to the scouts.  There isn't a better team to emulate than the Ravens imo. The only one on par would be the Steelers on how to run an org long term. 

A system. I can't even believe this is real for the Jets.  

This is great pace to start and I'm glad JD has had all the extra time to spend with his new staff before FA and the draft. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Between that quote and his quote about darnold’s parents it seems that he’s pretty embarrassed about how little help darnold has had in his first two years here.  Hopefully this means we overdraft offense.

As a fan, it's embarrassing to see how little help Darnold has had in his first two years, as a rookie he was set up to fail with an incompetent lame duck coaching staff followed by a controversial HC (on a second/last chance deal) and one of the worst drafts in Jets history (redundant pick at #3 and a mash unit) zero help for FQB

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

If they do retain winters along with lewis, Andrews, McGovern, Van Roten and Harrison for the interior o line, it would allow for them to use one of the 3rds for CB or Edge. 6 guys for 3 spots is a solid start for a legit competition. The good news is every one of them, aside from Winters can play numerous positions on the o line. Its nice to be able to shuffle dudes around and see where they play the best. Who knows? Maybe Harrison ends up a starting G.

There will be some decent CB's there in the 3rd I believe. Not as sure about an edge guy I'd use a 3rd on that I expect too much from, but the CB crop is decent. I would absolutely grab Bryce Hall if he slid that far and Lamar Jackson is going to be a stud imo.  Jackson is almost guaranteed to be there in the 3rd I'd say. So this could be workable if we use the first 3 picks on offense and the 4th pick on D or something like that. 

You're going on the assumption that the interior O-line has been fully addressed with guys like McGovern, Van Rotten, Lewis & Andrews. And I don't believe that to be the case. Hopefully there's an improvement, but still work to be done.

If you really want to re-build the interior O-line, you got to do it in rounds 2-5 of the draft. And aside from possibly McGovern, I think there's plenty of room to upgrade, especially on guys like Van Rotten and Lewis.

Macc ignored the O-line for too long. In my opinion this needs to be a continuous investment (via the draft) year after year.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

You're going on the assumption that the interior O-line has been fully addressed with guys like McGovern, Van Rotten, Lewis & Andrews. And I don't believe that to be the case. Hopefully there's an improvement, but still work to be done.

If you really want to re-build the interior O-line, you got to do it in rounds 2-5 of the draft. And aside from possibly McGovern, I think there's plenty of room to upgrade, especially on guys like Van Rotten and Lewis.

Macc ignored the O-line for too long. In my opinion this needs to be a continuous investment (via the draft) year after year.

I don't disagree.  Thing is I had us taking 3 OL in this draft. Retaining Winters could drop that to 2 and a CB

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is it?

Let things play out?

Or complain in one post after another than the talent level is worse and the team/offense isnt competitive without seeing  it on the field

You have different rules that are all over the place

The talent level is CURRENTLY worse than it was before free agency started.  But let’s let it play out before we judge JD.

I haven’t said he’s a bad GM, not once --- Yet most of you are celebrating his wonderful performance.  

All I’m saying is let’s wait and see until the roster is complete before we start making judgements about his performance.

While I do think we eventually need to find good players my issue isn’t so much with JD as it is with fans like you that are already celebrating the guy!  

When you stop lauding his genius I’ll stop pointing out that the talent on the team is worse than before FA started.

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The talent level is CURRENTLY worse than it was before free agency started.  But let’s let it play out before we judge JD.

I haven’t said he’s a bad GM, not once --- Yet most of you are celebrating his wonderful performance.  

All I’m saying is let’s wait and see until the roster is complete before we start making judgements about his performance.

While I do think we eventually need to find good players my issue isn’t so much with JD as it is with fans like you that are already celebrating the guy!  

When you stop lauding his genius I’ll stop pointing out that the talent on the team is worse than before FA started.

Yes because having Van Roten, McGovern, significantly more OL depth and a better CB1 doesn’t make this team better lol.

you don’t have to agree with every move but give it a break. The talent has gotten much better.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So again, the talent level isnt as good and we know this because?  

On one hand you want us to wait and let things play out before saying a player is an improvement and when you want to rag on moves YOU dont like we dont have to let things play out.

You need to get consistent.  Thats all

Oh, and find one post, even a hint, where I'm "lauding his genius".  One, please point it out, should be easy.  Actually find one post where anyone on the board is "lauding his genius"

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So again, the talent level isnt as good and we know this because?  

On one hand you want us to wait and let things play out before saying a player is an improvement and when you want to rag on moves YOU dont like we dont have to let things play out.

You need to get consistent.  Thats all

Oh, and find one post, even a hint, where I'm "lauding his genius".  One, please point it out, should be easy.  Actually find one post where anyone on the board is "lauding his genius"

You can go and find my other posts where I've laid out many times, in detail, where the level talent on this offense has dropped.

Short version though -   Mc Govern is an upgrade.  Van Roten flat/slight upgrade.  Fant Drop.  Perriman large drop.

McGovern vs. Harrison or  Robby vs. Perriman - is really the question.   To me, it's clear the loss of Robby outweighs the lift from McGovern.  

Are you seriously claiming people aren't talking about how great JD is doing and has done?  I don't have to go find one, just look at any thread discussing FA's - it's everywhere.

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You can go and find my other posts where I've laid out many times, in detail, where the level talent on this offense has dropped.

Short version though -   Mc Govern is an upgrade.  Van Roten flat/slight upgrade.  Fant Drop.  Perriman large drop.

McGovern vs. Harrison or  Robby vs. Perriman - is really the question.   To me, it's clear the loss of Robby outweighs the lift from McGovern.  

Are you seriously claiming people aren't talking about how great JD is doing and has done?  I don't have to go find one, just look at any thread discussing FA's - it's everywhere.

As usual you are overreacting. nobody is saying how great he is.  We simply approve of his approach so far.  We all agree his real judgment will come on how he drafts.  Instead of bitching and moaning about JD or our fan base you should at least give him a chance to complete an offseason first 

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Im not going back to your Robby/Perriman rants.

Holy shlt, in posts about you calling for patience with the players you like you still complain about and dont want to wait on the players you dont like./

Yes, I’m seriously calling you out, STILL, over saying I called him genius.  Or anyone else.....genius.  Never have seen him, his off season called genius.  Do some like the way hes moved in FA up to now, NOW being the important part here, YES.  Do you understand yet?

The loss of Robby will be minescule ... You read it here first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app