Douglas to address media shortly.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Basically the only thing that came out of this is that it looks like Winters will stay as depth on the OL.

Fant “competing” for a starting job I think is pretty telling also. Insight on Perriman and Desir signings also nice to hear.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is weird

Did Sam's parents call him to express their concerns?  Well I guess if the Jets could cater to Sanchez's dad on the field, then JD can lavish promises to Mr. & Mrs. Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Fant “competing” for a starting job I think is pretty telling also. Insight on Perriman and Desir signings also nice to hear.

Desir had the Rex Hogan connection and Perriman had the Douglas connection. That was kinda public knowledge already.

Given his background I thought Fant would be a swing tackle who would compete for a job. (Football sites basing their bashing of the Jets of this offseason on this signing alone which is incorrect)

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Douglas said he wanted #Jets to build a foundation for the right type of people, players and depth. “With that, we are proud to announce we've traded Jamal Adams to the Dallas Cowboys for two first round picks.” Credited @T0mShane for his consulting work.

I would do that. 

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Reading the tea leaves: we will be adding wide receivers. 

Reeks of Rex endorsing Kellen Clemens before drafting Sanchez.

Crowder and Perriman are the only completely safe WRs on the roster IMO.

Maybe two of those three guys (Vyncint Smith, Josh Doctson, Braxton Berrios) stick into the regular season but that's the group fighting for the WR5/6 spots in training camp with what will likely be two rookies coming onboard.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Basically the only thing that came out of this is that it looks like Winters will stay as depth on the OL.

I’d interpret this to mean he is going to compete for a job in training camp.  If he gets hurt or beat out, I’d bet they cut him and save 7 million.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Me too I’ve mentioned it a few times I think the plan is to have winters at RG and have van roten at LG where he played majority of his snaps with Carolina 

I like the idea of starting with LG Van Roten and RG Winters....and backing those guys up with Alex Lewis and Josh Andrews.  It's a decent depth chart at OG only if Winters is fully recovered.  But I'd also be looking to the Draft for a mid/late round OG prospect.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If there is a training camp

It might be abbreviated but there will be a training camp.  They arent just going to go out and play games.  If its shortened that does give players that have played in the system an edge in beating out someone that hasnt.