Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I didn't like that fact that you posted a vote, immediately saw that Jif was voting 80 and then switched.

But it was 80.  I mean, doesn't that speak for itself?  If anything, I was a little suspect of JiF for what I thought might have been playing to my love for killing 80, but that seems too obvious.

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

Verb has been low volume, but his content has been consistent with town play.

Totally disagree, I was high volume before the weekend and lower since as I had 30+ pages to catch up on.  Overall I'm still in the top handful of active posters.  This is becoming an annoying meme recently, especially considering I've been high postcount over the past few games.  Enough of this.

30 minutes ago, DPR said:

You skipped reads on me and JiF

Hopefully it's 2 Masons left - that would not be overpowered in a game with at least 4 Cult, Sk & Apprentice and so many negative utility town roles.

I think they should not reveal. This will just set them up as kill targets for SK and Recruit and we'll need them tomorrow.

I should have quoted it, but I forgot we can edit and didn't move fast enough.

It was a Oh Noes! post that said something along the lines of "Why couldn't it have been scum!" which was just really weird. That's why I posted that scum does not kill itself. I asked him to explain, and he said he thought Pac was killing players? Then he posted a smirking cat gif. The whole thing was just weird.

If they reveal, I think we can get in a spot of process of elimination.  Everyone is still recruit/kill target.

46 minutes ago, Stark said:

why not trying

GTH?

im kind of torn on this.... not the worst idea just not sure if thats the play 

I am trying a little....but work has been going a lot recently, along with other work.  For most of last week and weekend, I have been absent.  When I would come back to the thread and check, there are about 15 new pages.   I just haven't had the motivation to do a reread for that many pages.  That's what I mean by not trying as much.

*editing to add*  It has helped recently the pages aren't as much due to fewer players and I have caught up at work from last weeks good idea fairies taking hold.

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

But it was 80.  I mean, doesn't that speak for itself?  If anything, I was a little suspect of JiF for what I thought might have been playing to my love for killing 80, but that seems too obvious.

Totally disagree, I was high volume before the weekend and lower since as I had 30+ pages to catch up on.  Overall I'm still in the top handful of active posters.  This is becoming an annoying meme recently, especially considering I've been high postcount over the past few games.  Enough of this.

Yeah.  Sometimes I forget you and 80 have a thing for voting each other.    I'm still not familiar with all of the inside jokes.  It wasn't so much the vote, just the quick switch is what I meant.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

If they reveal, I think we can get in a spot of process of elimination.  Everyone is still recruit/kill target.

So you'd rather see a Mason(s) reveal instead of picking our 2 most voted on suspects? 

I dunno, it seems like Mason is the most valuable town role we've seen. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I am trying a little....but work has been going a lot recently, along with other work.  For most of last week and weekend, I have been absent.  When I would come back to the thread and check, there are about 15 new pages.   I just haven't had the motivation to do a reread for that many pages.  That's what I mean by not trying as much.

*editing to add*  It has helped recently the pages aren't as much due to fewer players and I have caught up at work from last weeks good idea fairies taking hold.

Welcome to my world, brotato chip.

5 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Yeah.  Sometimes I forget you and 80 have a thing for voting each other.    I'm still not familiar with all of the inside jokes.  It wasn't so much the vote, just the quick switch is what I meant.

JiF was pinging me with the obvious joke (here we go, lynch 80, here we go!).......if I had waited the joke was gone.  That's kind of the point.  Either way, me moving my vote to somebody I had already voted earlier in the game shouldn't really warrant much comment......even leaving out the part that it was 80 and I'm me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DPR said:

So you'd rather see a Mason(s) reveal instead of picking our 2 most voted on suspects? 

I dunno, it seems like Mason is the most valuable town role we've seen. 

I would trust the Mason's reveal more than a run up reveal...

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

The voting represents their psuedo gay relationship. It's endearing.

The bromance in this site is pretty up there. Possibly worse than in DM.

On behalf of 80 and myself, we take offense at the implicating anything is pseudo around here.

And it's way worse here, heh.  And that's a good thing.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

On behalf of 80 and myself, we take offense at the implicating anything is pseudo around here.

And it's way worse here, heh.  And that's a good thing.

Oh so you're taking the masculine role in the relationship?  Quite a head scratcher...

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

That's not true.

I haven't showed you any love to begin with.

Ouch.

image.jpeg.db48798a652fd13c51478c2344db6082.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh so you're taking the masculine role in the relationship?  Quite a head scratcher...

spiderman detector Meme Generator - Imgflip

1 hour ago, DPR said:

You skipped reads on me and JiF

Hopefully it's 2 Masons left - that would not be overpowered in a game with at least 4 Cult, Sk & Apprentice and so many negative utility town roles.

I think they should not reveal. This will just set them up as kill targets for SK and Recruit and we'll need them tomorrow.

I should have quoted it, but I forgot we can edit and didn't move fast enough.

It was a Oh Noes! post that said something along the lines of "Why couldn't it have been scum!" which was just really weird. That's why I posted that scum does not kill itself. I asked him to explain, and he said he thought Pac was killing players? Then he posted a smirking cat gif. The whole thing was just weird.

And Stark and Verb - I was just listing my most likely for scum.

Stark, like Beaver, can only be cult in my mind -- his play has been pretty consistent throughout...Starks role feels super legit, I'd say maybe a 10% chance Beaver is faking. Still weird to not say that role and define it as not a big deal...but JIF has a good point that he probably didn't think he was claiming when he said what he said.

JIF -- probably my strongest town read for a couple games now. His movement/placement on trains alone looks really good and consistent. You made a comment later about me "putting my neck out" a lot regarding being SK, I'd say the same for him.

DPR - Was leaning scum until today, I'll leave it at that. Not a claim, just some of your posts. You're a possible conversion candidate, but I can't see the taking charge as town approach with a 7v1v1 (or whatever) left as an SK approach for you...and I'd peg you as a failed attempt, too.

Verb - Most damning thing is that he was on the townie lynch of Lizzie and 80, off the Leelou train and his vote was controlled for Gata. Can't remember if he said he'd vote Gata...pretty sure he wanted to be on Nolder or 80. Gata only relevant if he is SK...but I can't really say his play style has changed up at all.

42 minutes ago, Beaver said:

You need a little context on the Leelou vote though.  That was on a Saturday and I wasn't even around.  Neither were a few others.  Look that all that had votes that day and how many were still alive.

Context does matter, yes - but to your point with so many having votes and drums coming in late with the investigation results especially the early people on Leelous train look great for not being cult. SK? Possible...but cult is extremely unlikely.

Other than the stalls...which I thought would be interesting to continue to track...I've stuck with only the pure data and no context. Both can be manipulated, but it's a lot easier to manipulate context than a large collection of data.

37 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I didn't vote Gata or Lizzie either.

Voted Lee.

Sorry I'm not more available this morning. Meetings all morning. Try and read up when I have the chance. 

I'd like to hear more from Verbal today.

The "Edit" was exactly that, and I drew attention to it.... I didn't try to hide it. It is what it is.... a correction to a misread on the role PAC played in the game concerning Barry. 

I'll cjheck back in at 11:30.

Boozer

Voting Leelou at some point in the game is far less important than who was voting Leelou when she got lynched - in particular who was ahead of her self-voting.

31 minutes ago, AVM said:

And Stark and Verb - I was just listing my most likely for scum.

Stark, like Beaver, can only be cult in my mind -- his play has been pretty consistent throughout...Starks role feels super legit, I'd say maybe a 10% chance Beaver is faking. Still weird to not say that role and define it as not a big deal...but JIF has a good point that he probably didn't think he was claiming when he said what he said.

JIF -- probably my strongest town read for a couple games now. His movement/placement on trains alone looks really good and consistent. You made a comment later about me "putting my neck out" a lot regarding being SK, I'd say the same for him.

DPR - Was leaning scum until today, I'll leave it at that. Not a claim, just some of your posts. You're a possible conversion candidate, but I can't see the taking charge as town approach with a 7v1v1 (or whatever) left as an SK approach for you...and I'd peg you as a failed attempt, too.

Verb - Most damning thing is that he was on the townie lynch of Lizzie and 80, off the Leelou train and his vote was controlled for Gata. Can't remember if he said he'd vote Gata...pretty sure he wanted to be on Nolder or 80. Gata only relevant if he is SK...but I can't really say his play style has changed up at all.

Context does matter, yes - but to your point with so many having votes and drums coming in late with the investigation results especially the early people on Leelous train look great for not being cult. SK? Possible...but cult is extremely unlikely.

Other than the stalls...which I thought would be interesting to continue to track...I've stuck with only the pure data and no context. Both can be manipulated, but it's a lot easier to manipulate context than a large collection of data.

Voting Leelou at some point in the game is far less important than who was voting Leelou when she got lynched - in particular who was ahead of her self-voting.

This is more solid analysis. I agree with your read on JiF - I think I always run a bit paranoid over players that could absolutely pull off big wins. One of my worst-case-scenarios is that the cult did start with 3 instead of 2 and that a couple of skilled players will just run away with the whole thing. 

GTH - who’s your top pick for SK? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I’d vote for JC or Verb as the other reveal today

I'm here as well.  I've thought it about it now for a few hours.  It's one of these 2.

I'll start the 2nd train.  

Vote Verb

I'll be around for a bit and them I'm playing golf with a client at 2p.  Wont be back on till this evening.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm here as well.  I've thought it about it now for a few hours.  It's one of these 2.

I'll start the 2nd train.  

Vote Verb

I'll be around for a bit and them I'm playing golf with a client at 2p.  Wont be back on till this evening.

nice. try not to choke on 18

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Welcome to my world, brotato chip.

JiF was pinging me with the obvious joke (here we go, lynch 80, here we go!).......if I had waited the joke was gone.  That's kind of the point.  Either way, me moving my vote to somebody I had already voted earlier in the game shouldn't really warrant much comment......even leaving out the part that it was 80 and I'm me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you hadn’t been voting 80 since D1, which was your typical joking 80 vote. Moving back to that vote much later in the game at a crucial point should warrant some more comment than that D1 vote.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but you hadn’t been voting 80 since D1, which was your typical joking 80 vote. Moving back to that vote much later in the game at a crucial point should warrant some more comment than that D1 vote.

It was on the heels of a huge catchup by me, in which I voted my top suspect (JC).  Then I saw JiF telling me to move, and it was 80....for I did so partly for the lulz and partly because I had in fact voted him D1 not just for the memes.

I also commented that I was wondering if I had just been manipulated by JiF knowing I'd move to 80 easily.