Will Snyder change the name?

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The We Believe We Are The Center of The Universe Insufferable Douchebags And Oh the Yankees Also Suck None of You Were Even Alive in 1925 Football Team

'25 Yankees were 69-85. Future Yankees fans were Pirate fans in that year. Who, OBTW, we need to look at their name too.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

How about The Washington Pink Butts, or will the baboons be offended?

@Integrity28

We, the majestic apes, have looked down upon the baboon and their orange-haired lineage for eons. Who cares if they’re offended, so long as our sport all team tee shirts go unchanged!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

That’s why I asked. And it’s actually very unfortunate that the American media cannot be trusted no matter what your beliefs. But that brings us to a harder to answer question, if people can find offense in something that’s not meant to be offensive are we to be offended ?

I mean really if you try hard enough you can find almost anything offensive that has some type of cultural appeal 

I know. I agree. ?‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Let's change it to the Washington Dogwhistles.

Love seeing people who have absolutely nothing to do with the group it impacts cry about it. Karens of the world unite and bitch about stuff they have no clue about. Fragile people. A group of minorities say using a slur to describe them as a team name is offensive and your response isn't "sh*t, sorry didn't mean it that way" you seriously lack empathy.

Meanwhile you downvote a Westside Story joke from me, a guy who is half Puerto Rican half Irish.  

So wrapped up in your outrage you've lost all sense of humor.

A downvote from you is an upvote in my book. 

You my good sir can EAD.

not funny GIF by Big Brother

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Are you saying that someone would name their team something that was meant to portray weakness, cowardice, frailty?

I’m saying if I were playing troll in the thread, with the material you are using, that I’d falsely equivocate actual points with my derpy comments. The way you just did.

Its the only play you can make here. God speed. 

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Meanwhile you downvote a Westside Story joke from me, a guy who is half Puerto Rican half Irish.  

You my good sir can EAD.

His downvote is irrelevant to the point he’s making. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m saying if I were playing troll in the thread, with the material you are using, that I’d falsely equivocate actual points with my derpy comments. The way you just did.

Its the only play you can make here. God speed. 

I dont agree with you, and cant dispute what you said. You a troll!

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I dont agree with you, and cant dispute what you said. You a troll!

Um, I did dispute what you said. You called it derpy... this is a literal description of what you just did.

baby mirror GIF

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Btw being on the other side of an argument from you sucks lol

Look how soft you’ve gotten over the years. Old Angelo would have gotten himself permabanned already. The Angelo Frenchmen. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

His downvote is irrelevant to the point he’s making. 

Changing the Redskins name is a non issue for me it's up to their fans to boycott the team and hurt their bottom line enough to affect change. Change the name or don't change the name not my team don't care, I have no horse in the race. However, don't think you can compel me to care about his or your "feelings."

You're feelings don't entitle you to police what everyone else thinks, says, or finds humourous. You're preoccupation with feelings does make you literally no fun though. If you guys want to have a circle **** over your outrage due to hurt feelings be my guest but don't expect me to feel compelled to whip it out and join you. 

Richard Pryor and George Carlin both very funny both very "offensive." They were insensitive and  lacked empathy for those who were the butt of their jokes at times, but they were jokes. Like them or not they were pioneers in humor. If you don't like their comedy don't engage with it.

If you don't like the Redskins name use your dollar vote and boycott them. If a majority of people who buy their product feel the same way and join you in hurting their wallet they change the name or perish. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Native Americans have called it offensive for much longer than the media. Not everything can/needs to be attributed to “because if the media”.

Nine in 10 Native Americans say they are not offended by the Washington Redskins name, according to a new Washington Post poll that shows how few ordinary Indians have been persuaded by a national movement to change the football team’s moniker.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

My point was a response to your "i don't understand why..." comment.  It is not really about your ability to understand why.  It is about all of our ability to appreciate how others feel.  I daresay a lot of people did not understand why blackface was offensive but it really wasn't up to them.  Nor did they need to get an explanation.

Again, never said I didn’t appreciate it, said I didn’t understand it- nothing wrong with that. Stop being a zombie 

27 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You cant even respond to my point or answer my question. 

Btw being on the other side of an argument from you sucks lol

You have the response you’re looking for. Read my posts. It was your decision to render it derpy. 

My grandfather, a Native American and WWII veteran that served with the Windtalkers (or whatever it was really called, at this point in life I get 3rd hand stories), found it unnecessary. I liked the skins in the Doug Williams SB, and remember as a kid talking to him about pride and name calling. I defer to him. He wasnt a sensitive type. 

As a white guy, I have no say. I cannot relate to being deemed second class and having white people care more about symbols than the fact that they remind me of my second class position. My rule of thumb is to ignore the polarized bickering about outrage and outrage about outrage, and I just defer to valuing everyday people over corporate entities. Brands can be reimagined, and profit is going to be inevitable in the right industry. 

Our society needs to find its way back to courtesy and respect, and putting people over corporations is part of that. In my opinion.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He actually got me so mad for a second my head vibrated.

I’m not even applying myself yet. Honestly, it’s not an issue that needs to be resolved between you and I. 

Even if I agreed with you, I’d be willing to change it out of good will. I guess to me, community is more valuable that righteous indignation.

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Changing the Redskins name is a non issue for me it's up to their fans to boycott the team and hurt their bottom line enough to affect change. Change the name or don't change the name not my team don't care, I have no horse in the race. However, don't think you can compel me to care about his or your "feelings."

You're feelings don't entitle you to police what everyone else thinks, says, or finds humourous. You're preoccupation with feelings does make you literally no fun though. If you guys want to have a circle **** over your outrage due to hurt feelings be my guest but don't expect me to feel compelled to whip it out and join you. 

Richard Pryor and George Carlin both very funny both very "offensive." They were insensitive and  lacked empathy for those who were the butt of their jokes at times, but they were jokes. Like them or not they were pioneers in humor. If you don't like their comedy don't engage with it.

If you don't like the Redskins name use your dollar vote and boycott them. If a majority of people who buy their product feel the same way and join you in hurting their wallet they change the name or perish. 

Do I strike you as full of outrage? Or emotional? I’ve made very pragmatic arguments here. I feel like you’re just giving me a blanket statement “i hate snowflakes, but I’m a snowflake” lecture.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You have the response you’re looking for. Read my posts. It was your decision to render it derpy. 

My grandfather, a Native American and WWII veteran that served with the Windtalkers, found it unnecessary. I defer to him. He wasnt a sensitive type. 

As a white guy, I have no say. I cannot relate to being deemed second class and having white people care more about symbols than the fact that they remind me of my second class position. My rule of thumb is to ignore the polarized bickering about outrage and outrage about outrage, and I just defer to valuing everyday people over corporate entities. Brands can be reimagined, and profit is going to be inevitable in the right industry. 

Our society needs to find its way back to courtesy and respect, and putting people over corporations is part of that. In my opinion.

I was under the impression they didnt really give a sh*t, that combined with my point about wanting to name a team something awesome and strong was where I was coming from.

I'm also lumping this in with the insanity thats been happening lately. I see an Orwellian dystopia on the horizon, but perhaps I shouldnt put them together and just compartmentalize.

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

This has become quite the fun little board battleground this morning.

robert duvall i love the smell of napalm in the morning GIF by The Good Films

I hope nobody is taking my points as battle. I’m simply sharing a perspective. I’m not asking anyone to change theirs.

It's always interesting to me how many people feel a desperate and overwhelming need to defend things like the Redskins name, Confederate Statues, and policies of discrimination, because of something something "history and heritage", especially when any change would have no effect whatsoever on them. 

It says something that some folks feel so personally attacked when people attack racism in general....:-k

Sadly, this seems a universal human trait, as in my experience the worst offenders of stridently defending the obviously race-based and racist Washington team name are African American DC residents.  The very same people loudly proclaiming Black Lives Matter and fighting systemic racism (rightfully so) seem completely oblivious to the Red lives that in most ways have been treated worse than they have.  You would think if anyone could understand systemic racism against Native Americans, and help fight against it, it would be African Americans.  But nope, in my experience they're the folks most defending the team name.  

Kinda like the biggest "Merica' F' Yeah! Patriotism! Check out my Flag!" people are the most strident defenders of statues of traitorous rebels who fought a war against the United States.  Again, same issues at play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You my good sir can EAD.

not funny GIF by Big Brother

I'm Puerto Rican myself and I found it cheap and unfunny.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I was under the impression they didnt really give a sh*t, that combined with my point about wanting to name a team something awesome and strong was where I was coming from.

I'm also lumping this in with the insanity thats been happening lately. I see an Orwellian dystopia on the horizon, but perhaps I shouldnt and just compartmentalize.

Learning to compartmentalizations is essential right now. I get your perspective and clearly see where you’re lumping it together. I think this case is different than say, Starbucks coffee cups... or mask wearing. I think those are right/left tantrums. I think the skins is a very under-represented minority group being ignored.

I am a problem solver by nature and career. As such, empathy is baked into my everything. If 1 person in a room of 30 is hurt. I’ve gotta ask, “what can we go to fix it?” I don’t expect everyone to agree, but I think sharing the perspective helps people. We all default to anger, which is the bigger issue we face. Makes it impossible to discern the right problems to solve.