More news from Jamal...

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll settle for listlessly orbiting around the Earth until resources are depleted.

Actually there are rockets being shot to the sun. It was launched in 2018 and will get the closest in 2025. It’s currently cruising around 450,000 mph. I’m guessing that’s fast enough to get JA away from you. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Actually there are rockets being shot to the sun. It was launched in 2018 and will get the closest in 2025. It’s currently cruising around 450,000 mph. I’m guessing that’s fast enough to get JA away from you. 

1 one-way ticket, please!  How much?

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's reminding everyone that the average NFL career is 3 years long, but he wants a long-term deal at a high salary.

And his 3 years are up. Bench his azz so he can know the real meaning of ‘I don’t know when it’s going to be my last play or day’. 
This coming from a 25 year old kid. Since when do 25 year olds have such morbid premonitions.  #El DramaQueen 33

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  No kidding, hes a child tweeting away.  We all know this.  Sorry every sound he makes doesn’t need the same 4+ pages calling him every name and some showing how little they know when they go after his game instead of his mouth and moving on.  

He’s good.  Really good.  Anyone who watches him knows that.  Well almost anyone.  But he’s a child with a phone.

I didn’t say a word about picking on Jamal.  I haven’t come close to defending him.  I’m saying he said nothing of significance here and here we go, the sam old Jamal sucks, he has to go stuff

Actually there’s a lot in that statement that was really childish and distorted.  Adams is clamoring for respect. But that’s something you earn in TIME - things I must earn. So Adams is actually being incredibly disrespectful, not only to the Jets but also to its fans. He’s just pissed off that he wasn’t given a new contract - like real impact players such as Mahomes/Donald - before playing out his current one. He feels slighted, unappreciated and taken for granted. Poor lil baby ? ? No one likes a whining, complaining, bitter child. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jamal farted today

Thoughts?

WTF is wrong with him saying this?  Hes explaining why players want to be paid. 

Why would this be a reason to move anyone?  

Another Jamal has to go thread....

I kinda agree here, don’t blame him at all but I also don’t really get the strength of any argument that says “oh jeez, I’m worried I might  only ever play 1 more down in the NFL so could you please give me $100M guaranteed just to be on the safe side” 

If I’m the guy with the $100M I might pause for thought 

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:48 PM, Lurker89 said:

@Jet Nut

Honestly, as much as I dislike Jamallpro at this point, I have to commend you for fighting the good fight all the way to the end.

Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder my good man.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

impressed ron burgundy GIF

Half of what I'm saying is just to make a point.  I dont care if someone dislikes him.  I dont care if someone wants to trade him.  Its the wasted space and the same old threads at almost every tweet, dissecting every word, looking for something negative and then the same people spewing the same hate of the guy for the 35th time.  How many posts do you think 80 has saying the same thing over and over and over again?  

And of course while I dont care that some dont like him and his off the field nonsense, I get crazy when they make him out to be a scrub safety who cant play.  Beer talking about the number of INTs or whatever stat he can use to ridicule his game is dumb.  You can trade guys who can play, I think thats the point if you want to get a return for Adams, but dont act like you know the game and then go off calling his game into question, thats all.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Actually there’s a lot in that statement that was really childish and distorted.  Adams is clamoring for respect. But that’s something you earn in TIME - things I must earn. So Adams is actually being incredibly disrespectful, not only to the Jets but also to its fans. He’s just pissed off that he wasn’t given a new contract - like real impact players such as Mahomes/Donald - before playing out his current one. He feels slighted, unappreciated and taken for granted. Poor lil baby ? ? No one likes a whining, complaining, bitter child. 

OK

If you look real close, squint even, he gives the location of Jimmy Hoffa 

Jets fans - this organization is cursed, Namath sold his soul to the devil and we're all paying for it, I hate this franchise, they cant get anything right, we havent won a Super Bowl in 50 years, cant remember the last time we made the playoffs and hosted a home playoff games, the Johnsons are the worst owners in sports, the Jets will always suck if they're at the helm, the current roster is terrible, Bell is terrible, Darnold is a bust, Gase is a psycho, Douglas is the Tiger King clown, and there is no talent on this team. 

Jamal Adams - says all those things in a much more delicate manner and therefore, wants to leave the Jets so that he can play for a respectable organization.   

Jets fans - HOW DARE YOU JAMAL ADAMS!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

14 hours ago, Pac said:

methinks many of you care way too much about the twatter musings of a 24 year old.

I don't care what Jamals favorite color is, or his favorite movie, or how he responds to degenerates bashing him on Twitter.

I care about how he plays...  and he plays like a 2 time all pro future HOF bound player.

the rest of it is for the Bravo channel and Perez Hilton types. 

Yes Thumbs Up GIF

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Half of what I'm saying is just to make a point.  I dont care if someone dislikes him.  I dont care if someone wants to trade him.  Its the wasted space and the same old threads at almost every tweet, directing every word, looking for something negative and then the same people spewing the same hate of the guy for the 35th time.  How many posts do you thing 80 has saying the same thing over and over and over again?  

And of course while I dont care that some dont like him and his off the field nonsense, I get crazy when they make him out to be a scrub safety who cant play.  Beer talking about the number of INTs or whatever stat he can use to ridicule his game is dumb.  You can trade guys who can play, I think thats the point if you want to get a return for Adams, but dont act like you know the game and then go off calling his game into question, thats all.

I agree it's all much ado about nothing.

For some people this is a place to go argue with people for sport, troll for fun, or just crack jokes, myself included. 70%-80% of my posts fit in those categories. 

Jamal is the flavor of the off-season. Love him/hate him, keep him/ dump him. So on an so forth for eternity.

I can agree that Jamal's play is valuable and that I just don't like the dude. I've said it before, I don't have to like all our players to want them to be here if they are helping us win. I have different problems with other players such as a Tyreek Hill type, don't like him and I wouldn't personally root for him but I'm not kicking him out of bed for Stephen Hill. Same goes for Jamal to a degree I'm not going to personally root for him but I'd rather we not trade him for a conditional 5th.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No deadlier combo for an entity than to have both @JiF and @Pac simultaneously supporting that entity. Condolences to Jamal Adams and the Jamal Adams family on his pending and tragic stingray misadventure.

Pac is good for something 1 in basically 1,000 tries. This happened to be a good one because he wasnt really even supporting Jamal per say but actually just making fun of the grown men crying over his every post on tweeter. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Jets fans - this organization is cursed, Namath sold his soul to the devil and we're all paying for it, I hate this franchise, they cant get anything right, we havent won a Super Bowl in 50 years, cant remember the last time we made the playoffs and hosted a home playoff games, the Johnsons are the worst owners in sports, the Jets will always suck if they're at the helm, the current roster is terrible, Bell is terrible, Darnold is a bust, Gase is a psycho, Douglas is the Tiger King clown, and there is no talent on this team. 

Jamal Adams - says all those things in a much more delicate manner and therefore, wants to leave the Jets so that he can play for a respectable organization.   

We know you are a bigtime Jamal fan and that’s perfectly fine.  But weren’t you the one who admitted that he has come off like a jackass with the comments he has made the last month? Trying to twist it around and blame our fans is just ridiculous.  The guy basically said he hates it here and wants the biggest contract you can give.  Are we suppose to say “ no problem Jamal whatever you want”?

Just now, Jets723 said:

We know you are a bigtime Jamal fan and that’s perfectly fine.  But weren’t you the one who admitted that he has come off like a jackass with the comments he has made the last month? 

Absolutely I think he's a punk for doing what he's doing but all he's doing now is providing the rationale which is basically, this franchise sucks and he want to get out so he can have a chance to play for a respectable organization.   My point is, Jets fans know he's right so I just find it ironic that his rationale is bothersome.   I get it.  He's a punk for doing it the way he's doing it but I totally get why he's doing it now that he's explained himself.  lol 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Absolutely I think he's a punk for doing what he's doing but all he's doing now is providing the rationale which is basically, this franchise sucks and he want to get out so he can have a chance to play for a respectable organization.   My point is, Jets fans know he's right so I just find it ironic that his rationale is bothersome.   I get it.  He's a punk for doing it the way he's doing it but I totally get why he's doing it now that he's explained himself.  lol 

No we don’t know he is right.  I mean have you seen the majority of posts?  Look we all criticize our team but fans realize this is simply a greedy jackass.  He is a very good player but he isnt a elite player he just isn’t.  I’m not a Mike Francesa fan but he was spot on about his assessment of Jamal.  He has proven he isn’t the type of player that changes the course of the game.  If he was maybe fans would feel different but he isn’t 

• Upvote 1

More asymmetrical negotiation from  Jamal.   It does not mean or define anything other than he wants more money for his performance which has been above his contract AND the fact that he knows he has no legal leverage.

So what...

At the end of the day, he is under contract.  

JD has three choices.  Those choice should be based on what affords the Jets the best chance for *sustained* success.  Not what Jamal's asymmetrical negotiation tactics have fans feeling...

1. Wave the contract in Jamal's face and say STFU and play.  The Jets get top notch play for two years for little money.  When his contract is up, he walks. 

2. Offer him a bump.   He accepts it or not.  If he does, he shuts up.  If not, see choice # 1 above.  I favor this approach as it puts all the heat on  Jamal and then gives JD the public medial juice to go all in one choice # 1 above.  

3. Trade him to the highest bidder for assets that are sure to help the Jets sustain a competitive roster that is economically sound

3 hours ago, JiF said:

JiF, I thought we were past this.

The Jets are becoming a respectable organization because of Joe Douglas.  Adams can't, or won't, see that because he only sees things through the lens of someone who is the center of the Universe.  

Jamal Adams is going to one day be viewed as the posterboy for the "past Jets":  The ones who would draft a narcissistic box Safety at # 6 overall.  The new Jets won't cater to that kind of person.  We don't negotiate with terrorists.

He's also simultaneously trashing his teammates.

What a guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If he's being driven by fear that his career could end in by injury then buy an insurance policy.  It's not hard to do and the premium will pale in comparison to the next contract he gets.  And, if he gets hurt and can't play, or has an injury resulting in diminished value and subpar contract, then he cashes in on the policy.  It's really a no-brainer.

BUT, that's only if his injury and his future are truly his concerns.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

No we don’t know he is right.  I mean have you seen the majority of posts?  Look we all criticize our team but fans realize this is simply a greedy jackass.  He is a very good player but he isnt a elite player he just isn’t.  I’m not a Mike Francesa fan but he was spot on about his assessment of Jamal.  He has proven he isn’t the type of player that changes the course of the game.  If he was maybe fans would feel different but he isn’t 

I've been a Jets for 40 years, he's right. We're are a terribly run organization.  He's a greedy jackass and the Jets suck.  Both things can be true at the same time.  I disagree with idea the Jamal Adams cant change a game but not really sure what any of this has to do with grown men acting like drama queens over a 20 year olds social media account. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF, I thought we were past this.

The Jets are becoming a respectable organization because of Joe Douglas.  Adams can't, or won't, see that because he only sees things through the lens of someone who is the center of the Universe.  

Jamal Adams is going to one day be viewed as the posterboy for the "past Jets":  The ones who would draft a narcissistic box Safety at # 6 overall.  The new Jets won't cater to that kind of person.  We don't negotiate with terrorists.

He's also simultaneously trashing his teammates.

What a guy.

We havent even seen a single one of his draft picks play Football.  lol  We hope he is but at one time, Big Mac won Executive of the Year and you were calling him a god for bringing in a conquering hero on an amazing trade.  So let's not go pushing the cart before the horse.  This team is still largely trash and their best player doesnt want to be here.

And again, none of this has anything to do with overreacting to a 20 year olds social media account.   He said he dosent want to be here because the Jets suck and he explained himself.   Who cares?  I for one, understand where he's coming from because I've followed this team for 40 years, even though I disagree with his approach.  

Sorry that bothers you.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, JiF said:

We havent even seen a single one of his draft picks play Football.  lol  We hope he is but at one time, Big Mac won Executive of the Year.  So let's not go pushing the cart before the horse.  This team is still largely trash and their best player doesnt want to be here.

And again, none of this has anything to do with overreacting to a 20 year olds social media account.   He said he dosent want to be here because the Jets suck and he explained himself.   Who cares?  I for one, understand where he's coming from because I've followed this team for 40 years, even though I disagree with his approach.  

Sorry that bothers you.

Joe Douglas is a professional and has conducted himself as such.  That's what makes him a real GM.  Not to mention his reputation around the league is stellar.  I don't need to see a draft pick perform to know that about him.

Jamal, meanwhile, is a joke.  Very few redeemable qualities about him and thus he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt for anything he has to say about the team.  A so-called "leader" shouldn't essentially be spitting on his teammates, which he has been doing ever since he screamed "We need more dawgs!!!"

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe Douglas is a professional and has conducted himself as such.  That's what makes him a real GM.  Not to mention his reputation around the league is stellar.  I don't need to see a draft pick perform to know that about him.

Jamal, meanwhile, is a joke.  Very few redeemable qualities about him and thus he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt for anything he has to say about the team.  A so-called "leader" shouldn't essentially be spitting on his teammates, which he has been doing ever since he screamed "We need more dawgs!!!"

Was Mac not a professional? lol  You were celebrating having the clowns out and having the professionals in the last time there was a regime change.  Big Mac was referred by Casserly and Wolfe, real Football executives.  You have a short/selective memory.

Benefit of what doubt?  If Jamal wants to leave because he doesnt like the organization and thinks they suck, cool.  More power to him.  Until further notice, his opinion has merit.  While you think just having Joe Douglas here makes the Jets legit, I think most will wait to see if he can win first but hey, you do you.  All good. 

Jamal is a punk.  He's a me first diva.  He's not a leader.  I disagree with his approach.  That said, I have no problem with him wanting to leave the Jets if he's not happy here.  I have left companies for similar reasons.  Unfortunately for Jamal, in his profession, it's not that easy.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

he wasnt really even supporting Jamal per say but actually just making fun of the grown men crying over his every post on tweeter. 

I have a variety of ways to attack the haters in my vast arsenal.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No deadlier combo for an entity than to have both @JiF and @Pac simultaneously supporting that entity. Condolences to Jamal Adams and the Jamal Adams family on his pending and tragic stingray misadventure.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

I have a variety of ways to attack the haters in my vast arsenal.

See the source image

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Was Mac not a professional? lol  You were celebrating having the clowns out and having the professionals in the last time there was a regime change.  Big Mac was referred by Casserly and Wolfe, real Football executives.  You have a short/selective memory.

Benefit of what doubt?  If Jamal wants to leave because he doesnt like the organization and thinks they suck, cool.  More power to him.  Until further notice, his opinion has merit.  While you think just having Joe Douglas here makes the Jets legit, I think most will wait to see if he can win first but hey, you do you.  All good. 

Jamal is a punk.  He's a me first diva.  He's not a leader.  I disagree with his approach.  That said, I have no problem with him wanting to leave the Jets if he's not happy here.  I have left companies for similar reasons.  Unfortunately for Jamal, in his profession, it's not that easy.

Not sure why I am responding to you since you clearly have no idea what you are saying, but the company analogy is so moronic that I need to comment. You don’t work for a company under a legally binding contract, you also aren’t working in an industry where potential employees agree to a draft system where they commit to work for that company for the length of the initial contract. 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Not sure why I am responding to you since you clearly have no idea what you are saying, but the company analogy is so moronic that I need to comment. You don’t work for a company under a legally binding contract, you also aren’t working in an industry where potential employees agree to a draft system where they commit to work for that company for the length of the initial contract. 

Before you go insulting someone for their accurate assessment of a situation, maybe read the entire post or you might end up looking like a complete and utter dumbass. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unfortunately for Jamal, in his profession, it's not that easy.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Before you go insulting someone for their accurate assessment of a situation, maybe read the entire post or you might end up looking like a complete and utter dumbass. 

When you are a top 10 pick you are agreeing to join a losing organization. Your company analogy is what you used to justify your defense of Adams. It is a contradictory reverse logic argument that makes no sense. You are the only dumbass here.