Data point beat down - Greeny

Integrity28

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quez Watkins, James Proche, Isaiah Hodgins, Dezmon Patton, Freddie Swain, Jauan Jennings, K.J. Hill and Tyrie Cleveland were the WR's taken after we took Mann. 

The real problem is how we used the 2nd 6th we had. I liked quite a few guys still sitting there. Oh well.  At least Mann looked legit right? 

9 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The fan vitriol for Gase in a little over a year has already exceeded the very deserving hatred that Bowles had built up for himself over four years.  Now THAT is hard to do!

Friend or not, JD has realize that Gase is not the coach for this team and this QB, hopefully sooner rather than later.  

Well bowled was a terrible coach that produced sub bar below average and out right bad offense. He has some success in at least def philosophy and game plans. Hell even on offense we were able to get first downs and use some basic offensive concepts. But he was a Terrible HC and we had a terrible team.

Now Gase on the other hand is about 1 million time worse and acts like he is great and a big deal. Man at least bowled was always super nice. Gase is a cocksunker

It's encouraging that he's being exposed like this. The decision should have been made last year but he is more associated with the failure of the Jets than just about any coach I can think of. Not just among Jets fans - Literally everyone who mentions the Jets immediately brings up the incompetent coach, more so than with any other franchise. He's genuinely the laughing stock of the league. Darnold has actually avoided a lot of scrutiny precisely because Gase has such a history of getting the worst out of players. 

There's no way he can be kept on next season. The Johnson's are incompetent dickheads but even they can see when their brand is being tarnished like this. Gase will go down as one of the worst hires in NFL history. The fact that @SAR I puts Rex Ryan in his little hall of shame while defending the fraud says a lot about the few who would support this a$$hole. 

Everyone blaming Gase for Darnold sucking, but you guys seem to be forgetting that this is the guy Darnold wanted to coach him. At the end of the day, Darnold is still the same player he was in college, just with a weaker arm. Do what the Cardinals did and trade him to the Steelers for a 2nd/3rd round pick and draft Fields or Lawrence. I'd throw in Lance too but I doubt he comes out this year with him only having one game to play this season.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

There's no way he can be kept on next season. The Johnson's are incompetent dickheads but even they can see when their brand is being tarnished like this. Gase will go down as one of the worst hires in NFL history. The fact that @SAR I puts Rex Ryan in his little hall of shame while defending the fraud says a lot about the few who would support this

Christopher Johnson blew up the entire organization in his first two seasons and committed to a long-term rebuild around Gase and Douglas, and that means ignoring the manipulative media and the sad-sack SOJF’s with their Eeyore overreactions which have contributed to this mess. 

If there’s one thing I know, it’s that Jets fans like you just like a pretty face and whoever is treated well by the NY media. It’s a Mets thing, it’s disgusting really.  Rusty Staub, Vinny Testaverde, Mike Piazza, Rex Ryan, Chad Pennington, whoever is the media darling with the friendly backstory you give every benefit of the doubt and all the undeserved respect.  When we get a real coach and a real quarterback who get blasted by the NY media, you run them out of town.  Lemmings, all of you.  

Your way of doing things is over.  You will get 5 years of Adam Gase and you will like it. Or you won’t. Christopher Johnson doesn’t care.  He’s taking his medicine and doing it the right way. So too should you. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it wasn't.  Sam didnt campaign for anyone.

Now youre making it up

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, we're forgetting.  ?

You seem to be forgetting him facetiming Gase and sitting in every interview when we were looking for a hc. Darnold wanted this guy, get over it. Just more poor decision making from a terrible qb.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Christopher Johnson blew up the entire organization in his first two seasons and committed to a long-term rebuild around Gase and Douglas, and that means ignoring the manipulative media and the sad-sack SOJF’s with their Eeyore overreactions which have contributed to this mess. 

If there’s one thing I know, it’s that Jets fans like you just like a pretty face and whoever is treated well by the NY media. It’s a Mets thing, it’s disgusting really.  Rusty Staub, Vinny Testaverde, Mike Piazza, Rex Ryan, Chad Pennington, whoever is the media darling with the friendly backstory you give every benefit of the doubt and all the undeserved respect.  When we get a real coach and a real quarterback who get blasted by the NY media, you run them out of town.  Lemmings, all of you.  

Your way of doing things is over.  You will get 5 years of Adam Gase and you will like it. Or you won’t. Christopher Johnson doesn’t care.  He’s taking his medicine and doing it the right way. So too should you. 

SAR I

Good points all.  The ny fans like to inflate reputations without being objective.  Hence the jeter syndrome. He was an okay player but on a very successful team.  And I like jeter but Arod was the better shortstop even if he was a slug. 

Right now the jets don’t have identifiable players beyond Darnold and maybe Becton so the fans take out their ire when they don’t play well ignoring the fact that the only thing that matters is w-l record.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good points all.  The ny fans like to inflate reputations without being objective.  Hence the jeter syndrome. He was an okay player but on a very successful team.  And I like jeter but Arod was the better shortstop even if he was a slug. 

Right now the jets don’t have identifiable players beyond Darnold and maybe Becton so the fans take out their ire when they don’t play well ignoring the fact that the only thing that matters is w-l record.

Nah..

Gase is just a really bad football coach.  There's really no way it can be argued otherwise.  

On 9/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, Integrity28 said:

My favorite similarity between Rex and Gase, both of the are epic excuse makers.

My favorite difference is one is a coach who led the Jets to a more successful stretch of football than anything else you've seen in your lifetime, and the other one made a HOF RB look like Blair Thomas.

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

My favorite difference is one is a coach who led the Jets to a more successful stretch of football than anything else you've seen in your lifetime, and the other one made a HOF RB look like Blair Thomas.

I’m older than 12, dufus.

• Haha 1