Trevor Talk

JetBlue

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Based on what exactly?  What have you seen so far this season to come to that conclusion?  Not saying you are wrong but what is this opinion based on? I am looking at this team and it's roster, CS, long list of injuries etc.   I see nothing to give me confidence that we can win more than 3 or 4 games this season.  What other teams do you see as worse? 

These fans that think we are going to win 3 or more games, should name them. It's not going to happen. Some guys will come back from injuries and then other guys will get injured. This season is over because this team sux and 3 games is the ceiling.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

The world is not black and white. And Darnold was the best QB in NCAA his rookie season at USC and was good in his 2nd but dropped off because his OL sucked. And who here werent doing jumping jacks when Mayfield and Barkley went 1-2 and Sam dropped into our laps. If Trevor lands in our lap, ok take him. If not, build around Sam. Finis. 

I was happy to have Sam too.  But, there were a lot of holes in his game, and things that needed improving on.  Thus far, he has not done so, and the analytics did not think particularly highly of him either.  In other words, Darnold being bad is extremely disappointing, but there are plenty of reasons it should not be a surprise.

• Post of the Week 2

34 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I was happy to have Sam too.  But, there were a lot of holes in his game, and things that needed improving on.  Thus far, he has not done so, and the analytics did not think particularly highly of him either.  In other words, Darnold being bad is extremely disappointing, but there are plenty of reasons it should not be a surprise.

And there are slot of reasons for your shortsightedness. So I guess you are an anomaly and started walking at birth. Only Secretariat accomplished that.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

And there are slot of reasons for your shortsightedness. So I guess you are an anomaly and started walking at birth. Only Secretariat accomplished that.  

Of all the strange ways to try to defend Sam Darnold, this might take the cake for the weirdest defense I've seen yet.  It makes absolutely zero sense and I'm really not even interested in an explanation. 

Congratulations.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's desperation. 

A trapped rat will knaw off it's own leg to escape. 

Equally, some desperate Jets Fans will root for their own team to lose in the desperate hope that doing so will lead to better things in the future.

It's sad, it's futile, and it's a horrible position for a fan to be in (why bother if thats the case tbqh), but it's understandable. 

A decade of futile failure can do that to a man.

Sad but true.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm trying to think of a worse roster. 

All of the historically bad teams that we have had since I have been a fan were more talented than the group we will play with on Sunday. 

The Brooks Bollinger led Jets were also more exciting to watch than this team. And no that is not an exaggeration.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Just FYI: the team gave up last year, nothing changed. They won games in spite if him.

We finished 6-2 albeit against scrub teams. Darnold played decently considering all things: coming off of mono, lack of OL, lack of running game, lack or bonafide wr’s/te’s, lack of a coach. And he’s still wet behind the ears. Do I take Trevor if we get the #1 pick, sure why not. And again, if we don’t you have to stick with Sam, he’s all of 23. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of all the strange ways to try to defend Sam Darnold, this might take the cake for the weirdest defense I've seen yet.  It makes absolutely zero sense and I'm really not even interested in an explanation. 

Congratulations.

Anytime.And when Sam turns the corner, which he will. I’ll fix you up a nice crow recipe to share with the rest of your shortsighted geniuses.

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Anytime.And when Sam turns the corner, which he will. I’ll fix you up a nice crow recipe to share with the rest of your shortsighted geniuses.

This may shock you but no one who cares enough to write tens of thousands of posts about the Jets would rather win an Internet argument than have the Jets or any of its players do well.

If I’m wrong about Darnold and he becomes this hypothetical stud so many seem to see, you won’t have to serve the crow. I’ll hunt it, de-feather it, grill it, and eat it myself.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

This may shock you but no one who cares enough to write tens of thousands of posts about the Jets would rather win an Internet argument than have the Jets or any of its players do well.

If I’m wrong about Darnold and he becomes this hypothetical stud so many seem to see, you won’t have to serve the crow. I’ll hunt it, de-feather it, grill it, and eat it myself.

Speak for yourself, bud.  I won't be able to enjoy a Jets Super Bowl knowing I'll have to answer to (deep, exaggerated breath) Wonderboy (slow exhale), on Monday morning.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't wait!

You sure about that? The Jets will turn around this offense and win some games and Sam will be the teams qb for the coming years. You and your band of rebels are more than welcome to jump ship like a bunch of rats, in fact, please do. Just don’t come back here talking smack how you always knew he was the cats meow. Loyalty is golden. 

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You sure about that? The Jets will turn around this offense and win some games and Sam will be the teams qb for the coming years. You and your band of rebels are more than welcome to jump ship like a bunch of rats, in fact, please do. Just don’t come back here talking smack how you always knew he was the cats meow. Loyalty is golden. 

I'd love nothing more than for Darnold to prove me wrong.  He just won't.

Loyalty to individual players is silly.  I did that already with the likes of Vilma, Sanchez and Revis (I bought jerseys for all 3) and got burned by trades, poor play and/or free agency.  I'm long past defending QB's who play badly and hoping they'll "turn things around".

I'm loyal to the jersey.  That's more than this dogsh*t franchise deserves.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a mature response.

It’s the only response to your ridiculous stance. What are these guys, robots? Many of us on here hated Adams wearing the Jets uniform. Why? Because he’s a selfish overhyped child. But yea let’s root for the guy because he wears green. I don’t think so.  I root for the player that fits with the team. But loyalty is silly right? Ok. 

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

It’s the only response to your ridiculous stance. What are these guys, robots? Many of us on here hated Adams wearing the Jets uniform. Why? Because he’s a selfish overhyped child. But yea let’s root for the guy because he wears green. I don’t think so.  I root for the player that fits with the team. But loyalty is silly right? Ok. 

I rooted for Sam.  It didn't work.  I'm ready to move on and get another QB in green & white to root for.

Asking for your # 3 overall pick QB to play like a franchise QB is really not a lot to ask.  That's what I want.  Not for Sam to be a "robot", though that would be pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I rooted for Sam.  It didn't work.  I'm ready to move on and get another QB in green & white to root for.

Asking for your # 3 overall pick QB to play like a franchise QB is really not a lot to ask.  That's what I want.  Not for Sam to be a "robot", though that would be pretty cool.

Maybe he is a robot. He seems especially vulnerable to viruses.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

Honest question — why will Trevor Lawrence not be groundhogs day 

Any young QB could be groundhogs day.  But this is the NFL in 2020.  You keep drafting them until you find one. 

Then you eventually pay him 1/8th of your cap and fill the rest of your roster with a bunch of UPS drivers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Asking for your # 3 overall pick QB to play like a franchise QB is really not a lot to ask.  

So don’t ask. Just wait and see. Give it another couple years. Let JD do his thing. It’s a process.  It’s not going to change overnight.  At that point we’ll know or are you one of these impervious souls with a golden spoon stuck in their mouths that has to have it right now.