Thursday Night is the Jets SuperBowl

Rhg1084

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I pray that you are right.  I live to be in a world where Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback and Adam Gase is what's holding him back.  My lord, if the fix for this team were that easy, bring it on.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that's not the problem here.  I don't see Gase holding Sam back.  I see injuries holding both Adam and Sam back and I see Sam making dumb decisions he should have learned to avoid in high school. 

SAR I

That is situational.  The TD to Barrios was an insane play. Sam has the ability to make these kinds of plays. Sam also has to play better but Gase imo does not put him in a position  to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

That is situational.  The TD to Barrios was an insane play. Sam has the ability to make these kinds of plays. Sam also has to play better but Gase imo does not put him in a position  to succeed. 

Those plays aren't enough anymore. They are enough when you are a rookie and "still need to develop." They aren't enough in your third year. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s absurd that Gase’s job can possibly be saved by eeking out a victory against lowly Denver.

But I will be the biggest Bronco fan Thursday night if it means getting rid of Gase. 

If we lose Thursday we are also looking at 0-16 / 1-15, with one Miami game or some team towards the end that rests their starters being the only possibly win. 

The Giants look bad (not as pathetic as us), so we might be both tanking for Trevor.

Miami is balling. Fitz is da man. They’ve played well this year and gave the Bills all they could handle.  But they are still Miami and when all our injuries clear up, it will be a dogfight. One of the few games on the schedule we could possibly win. 

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Miami is balling. Fitz is da man. They’ve played well this year and gave the Bills all they could handle.  But they are still Miami and when all our injuries clear up, it will be a dogfight. One of the few games on the schedule we could possibly win. 

The Dolphins will destroy us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is 100 % a game we're going to win, because the organization sucks at tanking.  When it comes to the top pick, the Broncos will simply "want it more" and get the job done.

It will also ensure Gase keeps his job until the Week 11 bye, at minimum.

FML.

Yep. 

Search your feelings young Jets fans, you will know it to be true. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward here on JN. Don’t expect any apologies either: Critical options are slammed but when you point out that you were right, they will just say you are beating a dead horse.

Just like the Macc draft classes.

***At the time of the draft***

Me:  "This draft class sucks."

Macc supporters:  "You can't evaluate a draft for 3 years!!!"

***Two years later***

Me:  "That draft class sucked."

Macc supporters:  "It's too early to say that!  [Insert name] is a decent rotational piece and [insert name] is still developing!

***One year after that***

Macc supporters turned haters:  [Insert beating dead horse gif]

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just like the Macc draft classes.

***At the time of the draft***

Me:  "This draft class sucks."

Macc supporters:  "You can't evaluate a draft for 3 years!!!"

***Two years later***

Macc supporters:  "It's too early to say that!  [Insert name] is a decent rotational piece and [insert name] is still developing!

***One year after that***

Macc supporters turned haters:  [Insert beating dead horse gif]

It's just never the right time to criticize the Jets. I'm convinced the mythological "Goldilocks Zone" between when a critical Jets opinion is offensive to when it becomes accepted fact does not exist. Just one day it magically flips. And voila, no credit for calling it early because we all knew the truth deep down the whole time anyway. Doublethink at its finest.

• Upvote 2

On the bright side, beating the Broncos keeps Gase on board until the bye and then we are a lock for 1-9 and that #1 pick. Drew Lock should be back at some point, and the Broncos haven't flat out quit so I don't think they are also going to be in that 1-15, 2-14 range.

Who knows what happens if we fire Gase on Friday morning. GW got the Browns to 7-9 when they fired Hue.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is 100 % a game we're going to win, because the organization sucks at tanking.  When it comes to the top pick, the Broncos will simply "want it more" and get the job done.

It will also ensure Gase keeps his job until the Week 11 bye, at minimum.

FML.

It's absolutely a lock the Jets win this game. Awful team coming in, short week, Gase under fire.

31-17 Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Possible, but Drew Lock should be back at some point and traditionally teams have a tough time playing in Denver.

The Broncos will be 0-6 or 0-7 by the time Lock is ready to come back, and then there will be a mysterious report about Lock having a "setback" and headed for season-ending IR.  

That's what smart organizations do.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Broncos will be 0-6 or 0-7 by the time Lock is ready to come back, and then there will be a mysterious report about Lock having a "setback" and headed for season-ending IR.  

That's what smart organizations do.

Elway has been chasing his FQB for how many years as GM? He will murder, pillage and rape to get Lawrence. Notice Elway has burned through how many QBs and all of them have been pro style. None of them fancy dual-threat hombres for him. No, sir. He is looking for a younger version of himself. Lawrence is as close as he's gonna get.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Prior to the season you said Sam was the top QB in the division and one of the top QBs in the conference.

Yes.  I was encouraged by the 6-2 finish and assumed that spending 3 months quarantined with a quarterback whisperer would complete his Jedi training.

Oops.

SAR I