Thursday Night is the Jets SuperBowl

Rhg1084

It’s absurd that Gase’s job can possibly be saved by eeking out a victory against lowly Denver.

But I will be the biggest Bronco fan Thursday night if it means getting rid of Gase. 

If we lose Thursday we are also looking at 0-16 / 1-15, with one Miami game or some team towards the end that rests their starters being the only possibly win. 

The Giants look bad (not as pathetic as us), so we might be both tanking for Trevor.

• Upvote 1

I look at Thursday night this way. Sadly we need a loss. This team will win a couple of games this year but lose to Denver and the schedule sets up for a 1-9 type start. The Giants and Panthers (yes they won yesterday) are going to be right there battling for the first pick. I want Gase gone, Lawrence at 1 and hit restart.

As a 42 year old Jets fan this will be the 49th rebuild since I started watching at 7 years old. But perhaps the stars finally align and we are awful in a year where an bonafide elite QB prospect is there for the taking.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It’s absurd that Gase’s job can possibly be saved by eeking out a victory against lowly Denver.

But I will be the biggest Bronco fan Thursday night if it means getting rid of Gase. 

If we lose Thursday we are also looking at 0-16 / 1-15, with one Miami game or some team towards the end that rests their starters being the only possibly win. 

The Giants look bad (not as pathetic as us), so we might be both tanking for Trevor.

I hope we have first overall locked down by week 17 and/or Pats have something to play for. You just know Belichick is the type of guy to lose that game on purpose to keep Jets from landing Trevor. No way Gase or Williams smells that it's a trap.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The Giants organization owes Adam Gase a whole lotta gratitude as they are flying under the radar even though they are absolute trash. And Danny Dimes is an absolute turn over machine. 

20 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

It is amazing to me how many people now want gase gone...when he was hired I caught so much crap because I said it was a terrible hire and pointed at how he destroyed miami.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward here on JN. Don’t expect any apologies either: Critical options are slammed but when you point out that you were right, they will just say you are beating a dead horse.

• Sympathy 2

25 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I look at Thursday night this way. Sadly we need a loss. This team will win a couple of games this year but lose to Denver and the schedule sets up for a 1-9 type start. The Giants and Panthers (yes they won yesterday) are going to be right there battling for the first pick. I want Gase gone, Lawrence at 1 and hit restart.

As a 42 year old Jets fan this will be the 49th rebuild since I started watching at 7 years old. But perhaps the stars finally align and we are awful in a year where an bonafide elite QB prospect is there for the taking.

We are roughly the same age, and started watching at the same time.  By chance do you also suffer from severe bouts of depression?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

This game is the only legitimate shot they have at a win all season

Do I have to be the person to tell you that when Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Smith, and Bell return we will start to move the ball like an NFL team and beat the lesser opponents on our schedule?

It's like you sit there thinking this is as good as it gets when we have the worst set of receiving options any Jets quarterback has ever been forced to play with in team history.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Do I have to be the person to tell you that when Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Smith, and Bell return we will start to move the ball like an NFL team and beat the lesser opponents on our schedule?

It's like you sit there thinking this is as good as it gets when we have the worst set of receiving options any Jets quarterback has ever been forced to play with in team history.

SAR I

Have you looked at our schedule ? What “lesser opponents” do you speak of. Doesn’t matter who comes back they’re not winning games 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Icer said:

It's a huge game, even a sh*tty team should win against an equally sad and injured Broncos team. Gase's job on the line, we have a really tense and exciting awful game on our hands 

The Jets typically play to the level of their crappy competition. Don't be surprised if they lose in a you-can't-script-it-Jetsesque fashion. It would be atypical if they didn't, let's put it that way. And it's not even December yet, lol. 

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No guarantee that those guys maintain their motivation, concentration and fitness throughout the season. 

Its difficult to turn around a losing team, these are players that are nowhere near their best, and they won't return to their best anytime soon. 

If all those guys are at their best, and in good shape, then i agree - it's a good offense. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

No guarantee that those guys maintain their motivation, concentration and fitness throughout the season. 

Its difficult to turn around a losing team, these are players that are nowhere near their best, and they won't return to their best anytime soon. 

If all those guys are at their best, and in good shape, then i agree - it's a good offense. 

Good offense? What? They were healthy week one did they look good?

16 minutes ago, jetophile said:

The Jets typically play to the level of their crappy competition. Don't be surprised if they lose in a you-can't-script-it-Jetsesque fashion. It would be atypical if they didn't, let's put it that way. And it's not even December yet, lol. 

When we get Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Smith, and Bell back we at least have a fair fight against non-playoff teams.

Cardinals
Chargers
Dolphins
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Browns
Patriots

You know how almost every expert had the Jets at 5-6 wins perfectly healthy?  Those up there were the games those wins they were referring to are coming from.  I had the Colts and Broncos on the potential W list too, but we're way too beat up for that to be a reasonable expectation.  Patriots too, but I saw a split.

With our full compliment of offensive weapons, Darnold seeing legitimate separation and reducing errors, a ground attack, and Gase opening the playbook, we will get our 5-6 wins.  And that's all JN fans were expecting back in July, so let's all chill, get healthy, and let the season play out.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

When we get Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Smith, and Bell back we at least have a fair fight against non-playoff teams.

Cardinals
Chargers
Dolphins
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Browns
Patriots

You know how almost every expert had the Jets at 5-6 wins perfectly healthy?  Those up there were the games those wins they were referring to are coming from.  I had the Colts and Broncos on the potential W list too, but we're way too beat up for that to be a reasonable expectation.  Patriots too, but I saw a split.

With our full compliment of offensive weapons, Darnold having legitimate separation and reducing errors, a ground attack, and Gase opening the playbook, we will get our 5-6 wins.  And that's all JN fans were expecting back in July, so let's all chill, get healthy, and let the season play out.

SAR I

They’re not winning any of those games 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Mims is a rookie with basically no training camp or practice time. Perriman grades as a historically bad WR. Smith is a classic JAG that Jets fans fall in love with before they ever do anything interesting. Gase no desire or aptitude to design an attack utilizing Bell's strengths.

Saying that things will be materially better with these guys is disingenuous bordering on delusional IMHO. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Cardinals
Chargers
Dolphins
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Browns
Patriots

With our full compliment of offensive weapons, Darnold seeing legitimate separation and reducing errors, a ground attack, and Gase opening the playbook, we will get our 5-6 wins.  And that's all JN fans were expecting back in July, so let's all chill, get healthy, and let the season play out.

SAR I

No expert assumes "perfect health" when making projections. They assume a team doesn't lose their starting QB. That's it. After that, the depth of a team and its ability to respond to the inevitable injuries (i.e. coaching) is baked into the prediction.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Ah, but this is the one thing that Gase proved to us last year-  that he was able to take a group of downtrodden 1-7 players and motivate them to a 6-2 finish.  Gase is good at this.  Did it in Miami too.  It's his wheelhouse.  He's the perfect head coach for a midseason turnaround.

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Disagree, as we haven't seen Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Smith, and Bell on the field at the same time.  We can add Becton returning and Fant too.  

16 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Bingo.  The turnaround all Jets fans are looking for comes from a massive mid-season player upgrade, not a coaching change.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Jets beat the Broncos easily.  Then we will have 10 days of talk about how the season is salvageable, only to get blown out by the Cardinals the following week.  

This is the most Jetsy outcome.

We eek out a meaningless win against one of the worst teams in the league, hurt our draft position, save Gase for one more week, and give the youth in our fanbase a sliver of false hope, only to get smashed by the Cardinals. 

• Upvote 3