College game day Nov. 14th

Beerfish

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

KC's offensive coordinator Bieniemy ran two of the worst offenses within the entire Nation during his only two years as OC (before KC). 

But you're right this Michigan team isn't playing well @ all under Harbaugh this year, it's time for him to come back home to the NFL where's he's top 5 All Time in NFL winning percentage with 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance throughout a 4 year run; give him Trevor Lawrence and he'll become great again. 

I don’t like Bieniemy either, for that exact reason.  When he called the plays, his offense was a nightmare.  Hiring Andy Reid’s version of Dowell Loggains is dangerous.  Pat Shurmer, Matt Nagy, Brad Childress.  All OCs under Reid.  All struggled when it comes to running their own offense, Nagy being the most recent one off the list.  Doug Pederson was the only successful one and he was, not surprisingly, the only one Reid fully trusted to call plays on Sunday’s.  Nagy did this for an extent and was stripped mid-season.  Chicago still hired him as their HC the following year.

Harbaugh was given all the power that he craved and he looks absolutely mediocre on his best day and downright awful at rock bottom.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but in all honesty how much are the NY Jets TE's incorporated into the offensive game plan by Adam Gase.

Not much,

But out of about 10 good opportunities to do something this year Herndon has dropped or fumbled or loafed on 8 of them.

He STINKS

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t like Bieniemy either, for that exact reason.  When he called the plays, his offense was a nightmare.  Hiring Andy Reid’s version of Dowell Loggains is dangerous.  Pat Shurmer, Matt Nagy, Brad Childress.  All OCs under Reid.  All struggled when it comes to running their own offense, Nagy being the most recent one off the list.  Doug Pederson was the only successful one and he was, not surprisingly, the only one Reid fully trusted to call plays on Sunday’s.  Nagy did this for an extent and was stripped mid-season.  Chicago still hired him as their HC the following year.

Harbaugh was given all the power that he craved and he looks absolutely mediocre on his best day and downright awful at rock bottom.

Maybe giving him all the power in the first place was the problem. Some guys are better off just coaching rather than trying to manage the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Time to start putting Trask in the driver seat for the Heisman. 

You just know that no matter who we take a QB that devil up in New England will find one in this draft to compete with. Trask, Wilson, Pats will be right in their wheelhouse. 
We just have to hope if we get Trevor he’s our Marino or Kelly. 
AFC East could be like the old days. 

7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Is it just me or does Trask throw in slow motion? 

lol - he's kind of a big lumbering dude, so I think every thing he does just looks slower.  I was never like completely sold on him, I thought he just had a really good grasp of the system and Mullen is an incredible play caller with weapons galore open all over the field but over the past few weeks he's shown me a lot more and not just the stats.  It's how he handles situations, down by 2 scores, no problem.  3rd and long, no biggie.  2 minute offense, easy peasy. Accuracy and especially his ball placement of late has been next level.   He's reading the defense at a higher level too, he had a layer attack yesterday where he baited the safety to an out that was wide open but he had a guy running a streak, gave him a little point, waited a second longer and boom, wide open TD.   When you're doing that type of sh*t, the game has slowed down big time for you.

He really knows where to put the ball for the WR to make a play but what I've really noticed the past few weeks is that he almost adjusts his motion for the play/player.  I dont know this for sure but it's almost like he knows which WR's like to catch what kind of balls and he form fits it for each. 

Long winded way to say; yeah, sometimes. lol

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not going to strongly defend Beiniemy here but I will say this, you should really read into his leadership and how he's handled sitautions in the NFL rathe than his stats/or his years under Reid. 

All that said, this take that he sucked as an OC at Colorado means he will suck elsewhere, is next level whack job material.  First off, we're talking about 10 years ago!!! lol  - is it not possible he's gotten better over the past decade?  And instead of just looking at the stats as an OC, why not look at the big picture?  Colorado was horrible, he went back to his alma matter to try and bring back some glory but was hired but an absolutely terrible HC, who took recruiting in the opposite direction and ended up winning 4 games during his tenure.   Using this type of logic, Mississippi St. should have fired Dan Mullen after year 1 for having the worst offense in the SEC.

Point being, going back 10 years, to point to 1 year in college, at a terrible rebuilding program to say, SEE!!! he sucks, is nutty.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not going to strongly defend Beiniemy here but I will say this, you should really read into his leadership and how he's handled sitautions in the NFL rathe than his stats/or his years under Reid. 

All that said, this take that he sucked as an OC at Colorado means he will suck elsewhere, is next level whack job material.  First off, we're talking about 10 years ago!!! lol  - is it not possible he's gotten better over the past decade?  And instead of just looking at the stats as an OC, why not look at the big picture?  Colorado was horrible, he went back to his alma matter to try and bring back some glory but was hired but an absolutely terrible HC, who took recruiting in the opposite direction and ended up winning 4 games during his tenure.   Using this type of logic, Mississippi St. should have fired Dan Mullen after year 1 for having the worst offense in the SEC.

Point being, going back 10 years, to point to 1 year in college, at a terrible rebuilding program to say, SEE!!! he sucks, is nutty.

All valid. My issue is that I’m still searching for tangible net positives that he’s brought to his teams that would translate to a team as devoid of talent as the 2021 Jets.

38 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You just know that no matter who we take a QB that devil up in New England will find one in this draft to compete with. Trask, Wilson, Pats will be right in their wheelhouse. 
We just have to hope if we get Trevor he’s our Marino or Kelly. 
AFC East could be like the old days. 

I dont fear BB at all.  His true colors have shined this season.  He cant cheat anymore and his eraser cheater at QB is gone.  His arrogance and ability to draft/recognize talent is catching up to him, he aint drafting sh*t to be scared of. 

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

All valid. My issue is that I’m still searching for tangible net positives that he’s brought to his teams that would translate to a team as devoid of talent as the 2021 Jets.

Hard to know but I can say the one example I've heard about that was truly impressive came from some HOF players, Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre.  When Bieniemy was the RB coach for Childress in Minn., that offense was legit and they all basically say that Bieniemy was the reason that that team didnt kill each other.   He had monster personalities to deal with; AP, Chester Taylor, Percy Harvin, Favre, etc and basically Bieniemy wouldnt back down to any of them, putting guys like AP and Harvin in check.  Pretty sure it was wide spread known and he was promoted to Asst. HC too.  A while ago but it's the one story that stands out that make me think he has the personality chops to handle the gig as you have to imagine he's only matured even more since then.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hard to know but I can say the one example I've heard about that was truly impressive came from some HOF players, Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre.  When Bieniemy was the RB coach for Childress in Minn., that offense was legit and they all basically say that Bieniemy was the reason that that team didnt kill each other.   He had monster personalities to deal with; AP, Chester Taylor, Percy Harvin, Favre, etc and basically Bieniemy wouldnt back down to any of them, putting guys like AP and Harvin in check.  Pretty sure it was wide spread known and he was promoted to Asst. HC too.  A while ago but it's the one story that stands out that make me think he has the personality chops to handle the gig as you have to imagine he's only matured even more since then.

I’m positive an offense under Bienemy would be   Better than this sh*tshow Gase is promoting. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lol - he's kind of a big lumbering dude, so I think every thing he does just looks slower.  I was never like completely sold on him, I thought he just had a really good grasp of the system and Mullen is an incredible play caller with weapons galore open all over the field but over the past few weeks he's shown me a lot more and not just the stats.  It's how he handles situations, down by 2 scores, no problem.  3rd and long, no biggie.  2 minute offense, easy peasy. Accuracy and especially his ball placement of late has been next level.   He's reading the defense at a higher level too, he had a layer attack yesterday where he baited the safety to an out that was wide open but he had a guy running a streak, gave him a little point, waited a second longer and boom, wide open TD.   When you're doing that type of sh*t, the game has slowed down big time for you.

He really knows where to put the ball for the WR to make a play but what I've really noticed the past few weeks is that he almost adjusts his motion for the play/player.  I dont know this for sure but it's almost like he knows which WR's like to catch what kind of balls and he form fits it for each. 

Long winded way to say; yeah, sometimes. lol

This is what jumps out at me about the kid.  Last week, against us, there were several plays where our CBs, guys like Stokes and Campbell, NFL-caliber CBs, had perfect position, but he just put the ball in a spot where they couldn't do anything about it.  And his receivers made plays.  It was surgical the way he picked us apart.  Didn't help that we never even tried to cover a wheel route, but his ball placement is incredible. 

Just hand him the Heisman now.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is what jumps out at me about the kid.  Last week, against us, there were several plays where our CBs, guys like Stokes and Campbell, NFL-caliber CBs, had perfect position, but he just put the ball in a spot where they couldn't do anything about it.  And his receivers made plays.  It was surgical the way he picked us apart.  Didn't help that we never even tried to cover a wheel route, but his ball placement is incredible. 

It will all come down to the 3-Cone results between Trask, Lawrence & Fields. The winner gets the honor of being subjected to the worst run organization in football. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds very much like a kid who tore up college football last year at LSU and is doing pretty well this year in the NFL.?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

All fair points, but as a 41 year season ticket holder I am tired of the Jets being the lab rats for these pro coordinators who have reached their  job competency levels.

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Sounds very much like a kid who tore up college football last year at LSU and is doing pretty well this year in the NFL.?

While he's putting up Burrow stats, vs. all SEC competition, he's not Joe Burrow. 

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

All fair points, but as a 41 year season ticket holder I am tired of the Jets being the lab rats for these pro coordinators who have reached their  job competency levels.

I'm not advocating for or against, just simply giving an example of his leadership and how he was the glue to a team that was a play away from the Super Bowl. 

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I get what you’re saying, really, I do.  I’m just wary about him given the track record of Reid OCs.  The only reason I bring up Colorado is because it’s, truthfully, all we have to go by.  He has no other resume.  He is, essentially, Reid’s Dowell Loggains.  The leadership qualities are great and all, but if he absolutely sucks at calling plays (to the point that he he hasn’t gotten a chance to do it in 10 years) it doesn’t matter.  

The Jets have got to absolutely nail this hire.  They can’t afford to take a gamble like this and miss.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get what you’re saying, really, I do.  I’m just wary about him given the track record of Reid OCs.  The only reason I bring up Colorado is because it’s, truthfully, all we have to go by.  He has no other resume.  He is, essentially, Reid’s Dowell Loggains.  The leadership qualities are great and all, but if he absolutely sucks at calling plays (to the point that he he hasn’t gotten a chance to do it in 10 years) it doesn’t matter.  

The Jets have got to absolutely nail this hire.  They can’t afford to take a gamble like this and miss.

Im not advocating for or against, just think referencing his short stay as OC 10 years ago is silly.  These guys have to learn somewhere, I would assume Andy Reid is a good mentor.  Not sure.  I don’t really think there is a ton of stock in the coaching tree anyway but that’s kind of a different topic.  It’s similar to the “don’t draft a QB from this college” logic.