Justin Fields

Semi Final: Fields plays very well while injured and outplays Lawrence. Jets fans think he is unquestionably legit, maybe the best prospect. 

Finals: Fields plays extremely sub par outplayed by Mac Jones. Jets fans blame it on injuries, give Mac Jones zero credit. 

Makes sense. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Semi Final: Fields plays very well while injured and outplays Lawrence. Jets fans think he is unquestionably legit, maybe the best prospect. 

Finals: Fields plays extremely sub par outplayed by Mac Jones. Jets fans blame it on injuries, give Mac Jones zero credit. 

Makes sense. 

EXTREMELY SUBPAR?

You watching this game?

Just now, riggy001 said:

If Sam put up the same numbers as Field did tonight against top competition we would be thrilled!,

It would be the best game he’s had all season, lol

but yea, let’s pass on Fields for a tackle and keep trotting out the worst starting QB in the NFL.

f*cking mouth breathers 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Fields is not the only one to blame here for OSU's crap showing.

he's one guy.

his entire squad is being outclassed on both sides of the ball, ain't his problem bro.

So you're saying we should give Darnold another chance then? 

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Makes sense. 

Q: have you ever cracked or broken your ribs?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Q: have you ever cracked or broken your ribs?

No. Enlighten me though. 

Why would his play in the semis during and immediately after the devastating injury be viewed as heroic, then after a week of rest and healing, used as the reason he didnt play well? 

If he can do it in the previous game, shouldn't he have been able to play somewhat close to the same level after resting a week? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No. Enlighten me though. 

Why would his play in the semis during and immediately after the devastating injury be viewed as heroic, then after a week of rest and healing, used as the reason he didnt play well? 

If he can do it in the previous game, shouldn't he have been able to play somewhat close to the same level after resting a week? 

“Didn’t play well” is a monstrous exaggeration. Alabama simply is too much to handle for the OSU defense. Field put 32 points (refs stole two TDs at the end there )  without his RB and playing hurt.... 

• Upvote 2

The good news is that it doesn’t seem to be a significant rib injury. I was terrified that he had broken his ribs. The way he was acting, it sure looked that way. Based on everything we have been hearing, that doesn’t seem to be the case. It looks like it’s more bruising of the ribs instead.
https://scarletandgame.com/2021/01/04/ohio-state-football-latest-justin-fields-injury/

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

No. Enlighten me though. 

Ok well I can’t tell if your intentionally being a fck stick here or not. I’m not saying “draft fields!!”...  but if you’ve ever injured yourself ever - in a game - you would know that adrenaline (and cortisol shots) can carry you through the game... but the next morning? Oooo man. Stick a fork in me. It’s a legit factor here. 

understand that you’re talking to the guy who would trade back and take Pitts, then trade up and take Smith. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Ok well I can’t tell if your intentionally being a fck stick here or not. I’m not saying “draft fields!!”...  but if you’ve ever injured yourself ever - in a game - you would know that adrenaline (and cortisol shots) can carry you through the game... but the next morning? Oooo man. Stick a fork in me. It’s a legit factor here. 

understand that you’re talking to the guy who would trade back and take Pitts, then trade up and take Smith. 

I get it. But they can also dope him up during this game too and I guarantee you, he has been getting stuck with a needle since the early afternoon today. 

• Upvote 1

Devonta Smith might jump ahead of Sewell if only because Smith played this year, not only confirming how good he was last year (he was the best WR on Alabama even with Jerry Jeudy there IMO), but he blew away any doubts.

In terms of pure BPA this year the Draft should go Lawrence, Sewell, Devonta Smith.

The Miami Dolphins must be jizzing themselves over getting EITHER Sewell or Smith at #3.

Reminder:  Devonta Smith caught 20 TDs from Tua at Alabama.  Sheesh! 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JTJet said:

I get it. But they can also dope him up during this game too and I guarantee you, he has been getting stuck with a needle since the early afternoon today. 

soo not the same though... yes, to an extent you can get away with some of that -- but ankles and ribs... dude. Rough. 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Devonta Smith might jump ahead of Sewell if only because Smith played this year, not only confirming how good he was last year (he was the best WR on Alabama even with Jerry Jeudy there IMO), but he blew away any doubts.

In terms of pure BPA this year the Draft should go Lawrence, Sewell, Devonta Smith.

The Miami Dolphins must be jizzing themselves over getting EITHER Sewell or Smith at #3.

Reminder:  Devonta Smith caught 20 TDs from Tua at Alabama.  Sheesh! 

The Jets were never taking a tackle at 2 with Becton on the roster.

The obvious move is to take the best available QB (Fields), which means this team will probably trade down 

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

One half in the books of the national championship.

What are your thoughts?

Can't miss prospect?

Draft him at #2?

Draft Wilson at #2?

Keep Darnold and move on?

Tell me.

More important to get the HC right.  Then worry about the pick.  I was sold last week.  Now I'm back to not wanting him at #2.