This should be it with the #2 pick: Watson, Sewell or trading down

Bronx

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one, I dont care if we had a better QB was going to produce with Barrios, Smith and Hogan as the WRs for any QB.

How well did Flacco look with that group? 21-44 for 48%, 180 yards, no TDs, and INT, QB rating of 50?  And a shutout.  Hardly better in his first game.  

But yes we can say Darnold sucks but how bad and can he be rehabbed.  Thats the magic question that none of music knows for sure.  

Hogan looked pretty damn good with Brady up in NE. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You sure you don't  want to talk about average separation for the first four games and then reflect that onto a different  stat that was brought up for the first 4 games but you argue it over the entire season with different receivers make your point?

I've explained several times why it's relevant to the point you made about the Jets WR injuires being the excuse for Darnold's performance. Then I welcomed you to share the full-season stats which I have been unable to obtain. But I get it, you think you found a winning issue here so you continue to feign being obtuse. I've known you a long time, however, and I know you are smarter than that.

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Think about what you wrote.  These "crap" guys are all NFL players.  No name wr's  , UDFA's , 5th/6th rd  picks play for virtually every NFL team at some point in time . Are they all utter crap , no they take advantage of their opportunity and are helped out by competent QB's.  

Hogan was cut as soon as Crowder came back. The only reason he was on an NFL roster was because of injury.. Barrios went from #2 to 4 where he belongs. These are not supposed to be the #1 and 2 options on an NFL team. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I've explained several times why it's relevant to the point you made about the Jets WR injuires being the excuse for Darnold's performance. Then I welcomed you to share the full-season stats which I have been unable to obtain. But I get it, you think you found a winning issue here so you continue to feign being obtuse. I've known you a long time, however, and I know you are smarter than that.

Dude, you brought up a stat over the first 4 games, I continued  to talk about the first 4 games, then you started to talk about stats for the whole season. What is it I am missing here?

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one, I dont care if we had a better QB was going to produce with Barrios, Smith and Hogan as the WRs for any QB.

How well did Flacco look with that group? 21-44 for 48%, 180 yards, no TDs, and INT, QB rating of 50?  And a shutout.  Hardly better in his first game.  

But yes we can say Darnold sucks but how bad and can he be rehabbed.  Thats the magic question that none of music knows for sure.  

No one knows for sure, that's true. But GMs still need to make risk-weighted decisions based on the evidence available to them. Would you bet your career on a Darnold turnaround? At a minimum, you'd hedge your belief with a vet acquisition that represents legitimate competition to Darnold.

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, you brought up a stat over the first 4 games, I continued  to talk about the first 4 games, then you started to talk about stats for the whole season. What is it I am missing here?

Remember: I know you're too smart for this. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hogan looked pretty damn good with Brady up in NE. 

5 years ago?  When he was 30, not 35? 

He also had some talent around him.  He had Edleman and his 1100 yards, Bennett and his 700 yards, White with 550 yards and Gronk.  

I've never watched a less talented group of WRs on one team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  I’m sorry I don’t buy into this idea that any Other QB could excel is this same environment and this same coaching staff we had the past 3 years.  No matter what your stance is on what we should do nobody was winning with  this roster or coaching Staff 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

5 years ago?  When he was 30, not 35? 

He also had some talent around him.  He had Edleman and his 1100 yards, Bennett and his 700 yards, White with 550 yards and Gronk.  

I've never watched a less talented group of WRs on one team.

Absolutely.  I love Crowder he had easily been our best weapon the last couple years.  But let’s be honest on most teams he would be the 4th option maybe at vest the 3rd option 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  I love Crowder he had easily been our best weapon the last couple years.  But let’s be honest on most teams he would be the 4th option maybe at vest the 3rd option 

Crowder is literally Wayne Chrebet.  He's very good and we appreciate him but probably a bit more than we should.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one knows for sure, that's true. But GMs still need to make risk-weighted decisions based on the evidence available to them. Would you bet your career on a Darnold turnaround? At a minimum, you'd hedge your belief with a vet acquisition that represents legitimate competition to Darnold.

Well the same people who we believe know what theyre talking about when it comes to Watson etc all think that Darnold will have teams interested in him, that GMs and talent people think hes talented and hasnt been destroyed yet.  They throw the blame more on Jets lack of personnel around him and the lack of coaching.  

Who knows.   I do agree if they roll the dice with him they need to pick a QB with their lower 1st., maybe on a TLance and hope he can play if Sam doesn't improve with talent to play with.  And add a vet too if there is one available.   I just dont see a vet though.  Too many teams shopping QB IMO

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Crowder is literally Wayne Chrebet.  He's very good and we appreciate him but probably a bit more than we should.  Nothing wrong with that.

True.  He is probably my favorite player like Chrebet was but he isn’t the type of weapons these other young QBS have along with an oline and good coaching 

Well the same people who we believe know what theyre talking about when it comes to Watson etc all think that Darnold will have teams interested in him, that GMs and talent people think hes talented and hasnt been destroyed yet.  And throw the blame more on Jets personnel and the lack of coaching.  

Who knows.   I do agree if they roll the dice with him they need to pick a QB with their lower 1st., maybe on a TLance and hope he can play if Sam doesn't improve with talent to play with.  And add a vet too if there is one available.   I just dont see a vet though.  Too many teams shopping QB IMO

If we don't take a QB, I'd feel very comfortable with Trubisky coming in. He wouldn't be the backup for long.

• Upvote 1

Well the same people who we believe know what theyre talking about when it comes to Watson etc all think that Darnold will have teams interested in him, that GMs and talent people think hes talented and hasnt been destroyed yet.  And throw the blame more on Jets personnel and the lack of coaching.  

Who knows.   I do agree if they roll the dice with him they need to pick a QB with their lower 1st., maybe on a TLance and hope he can play if Sam doesn't improve with talent to play with.  And add a vet too if there is one available. '

Isn't he just a stripped down version of Trevor Lawrence.

• Haha 1

Sewell would be an awful pick. We need a QB, whether it’s Watson or Wilson/Fields. Packers just lost the best LT in football and haven’t skipped a beat. It’s a QB league and we already have Becton. If you wanna go OL if anything trading down (if possible) and taking Slater while picking up a few pics would be much better  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If we don't take a QB, I'd feel very comfortable with Trubisky coming in. He wouldn't be the backup for long.

Maybe, I dont think with WRs around him he starts over Darnold, I also dont think Trubinski risks sitting behind someone else

• Upvote 1

Maybe, I dont think with WRs around him he starts over Darnold, I also dont think Trubinski risks sitting behind someone else

Part of the fun of this is making reckless bold calls lol.

Trubisky is a candidate for "The Next Tannehill."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah I’d like to see Sam get a chance to play with an actual  NFL roster and coach around him.  He hasn’t had that yet ? 

• Upvote 1

Trubisky will forever be the Sam Bowie of the NFL.  Factoring in the trade-up, probably the worst blunder in NFL draft history.

I don't see him as anything but a lateral move.  No thanks.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Yeah I’d like to see Sam get a chance to play with an actual  NFL roster and coach around him.  He hasn’t had that yet

Ever

I wish we could've seen it before we had to decide on trading the draft for a Watson or using a #2 on a QB

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Trubisky will forever be the Sam Bowie of the NFL.  Factoring in the trade-up, probably the worst blunder in NFL draft history.

I don't see him as anything but a lateral move.  No thanks.

The trade up was a bad move but that doesn't have relevance to his current value and prospects.

Ever

I wish we could've seen it before we had to decide on trading the draft for a Watson or using a #2 on a QB

Agreed.  Look I respect that some want to move on I get it.  If we do move on I’m totally on board with it.  My issue is that some seem to have a lot of venom toward Sam even more than in Adam Gase ?.  Nobody is saying he will ever be a MVP but you can’t convince me with a better roster and coach that he can’t be Much better.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Precisely! We don’t need all-Pro level QB. 

Honestly this would be a smart move if we do take a QB.  Move down a couple sports and you can still get Wilson along with getting extra draft capital.  Either way my first preference is a trade down.  Have a lot of holes we need to fill 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

We can’t waste another year of Mims/other pass catcher development if Sam remains the same guy he has been. 

Start James Morgan 

The real captain. 

Side note I've been against Sam since before it was trendy. Maybe even before they drafted him but it's hard to see how mims missing like 8 games is Sam's fault. Qbs look at their trusted targets and mims is not trusted, not yet 

Dude needs to stop skipping leg days 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Houston will want more than our #2, and for that reason alone it's a no brainer to walk away...

Of course they will Watson just led the NFL in passing yards in 2020. 

Franchise QB's don't grow on trees.

If one ever becomes available the price will be high. 

Either you take it or you leave it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Start James Morgan 

The real captain. 

Side note I've been against Sam since before they drafted him but I can't see how mims missing like 8 games is Sam's fault. 

Dude needs to stop skipping leg days 

Mims had no injury history before coming to Jets. I don't consider him injury-prone... yet.