JN Presents: You Make The Call

Maxman

This weeks Views is on the front page now. Tyson presents a challenge this week.

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=438

Go on record with your answer here:

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do?

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick?

3) If you had the choice of Young, Ferguson or Hawk who would you pick?

4) Do you think Jay Cutler is worth trading up for? If so what is the most

you would give up?

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up?

6) What is the least you would accept in a trade for John Abraham?

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept?

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets?

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year?

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club?

This weeks Views is on the front page now. Tyson presents a challenge this week.

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do?

you would give up?

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up?

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept?

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets?

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year?

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club?

Hey Max you forgot if a Cat Chokes to death on a dead Mouse who killed who??:rolleyes:

can't really answer until we know what's going on with the CBA, but assuming there is an agreement, trade down. If there's no CBA, I could care less about Woody's bankroll. Take a shot on Cutler.

Ferguson, if there's a CBA. Cutler if there isn't.

Ferguson, whether there's a CBA or not

you would give up?

Not unless we bring in a veteran. With a CBA in place, $25M bonus + another $20M salaries is a lot for a guy with all the measurables but hasn't won games. Yeah, I know Vandy stinks & he had no help. But you can't automatically make the jump to say he would've been 35-2 or whatever at USC like Leinart. But moving up from 4 to 3 should cost approx our 3rd rounder & late 4th (depending on whether Tenn wants Cutler & other offers they receive). I wouldn't be terribly upset if we did this, though. He could be great.

no. It would cost another first rounder to move up to #2, or our first & another second plus next year's first to move up to #1. Combine that with the mega-cap hit & it's too big of a risk. We need a QB with a stronger arm in Giants stadium or it limits our play selection. He can make most of the throws, but not all of them. A QB who you give all that up to get better be able to make all of them.

2nd-rounder. Have to be honest. Mangini doesn't want him (hasn't shown he can fit into a 3-4) & we can't afford him to just be a situational pass rusher in the 3-4 or the occasional 4-3 package. I really soured on him in 2004; I believe he was injured a bit, but I don't believe he was hurt so badly he couldn't have come in as a situational pass-rusher for an isolated play here & there.

I'd like to keep him for another year, as we may be starting 1-2 rookies on the OL. Three (or two and a journeyman FA) is downright scary. However, we're probably not going anywhere in 2006 & he has value now that he won't have in another year. He's clearly not going to be our center in a SuperBowl run. Probably the most we could get is a 4th-rounder. A third is really lucky. I'd say if we don't get at least a higher 4th-rounder, keep him to provide stability & mentor a young center.

Again, it depends on the compensation required. If they required equal compensation (in terms of trading draft picks), Schaub by a landslide. I don't think Schaub is worth giving up the #35 pick though. If he can be had for a 3rd & a 5th (or a 3rd & our late 4th) I'd do it in a heartbeat. He can start right away.

Depends what we're doing with Pennington. If we cut Chad & bring in Schaub now, draft one next year. If we keep Chad, bring in Ramsey now & draft one now.

Given that we're in full rebuilding mode, particularly on offense where - over the next 2 years - we need a minimum of 3 new OL'men, a QB, a RB, a TE, and a FB if Askew can't block - I'd give anyone a mulligan for 2006 as long as they seem to be bad players & not bad coaching that leads to a bad record. 2007 they should win at least 7-8 games. After that a playoff appearance at a minimum. Unless we miss the playoffs with a 10-6 record in 2008, I'd have to say that 3 years is enough to see what Mangini & co have got. We already went through a coach learning on the job for 5 years & I couldn't stomach another for that long.

D'Brickshaw

D'Brickshaw

D'Brickshaw

you would give up?

No

No

2nd round pick

Yes, 3rd round pick

Ramsey

Neither....pick up Ramsey and draft Brodie Croyle for the future

2-3 years. In 2008 or 2009 we should be legitimately competting again.

1) Ferguson as the offensive line is a mess and is the foundation of a strong team.

2) Ferguson

3) Ferguson

4) Not in a million years. This team is not one player away and it is too risky at this point. In addition with this offensive line as it exists the person is going to get beaten on, I would rather get a veteran qb and draft someone next year, hopefully Brady Quinn.

5) NEVER. Was surrounded by an all star cast and never really dealt with adversity, Arm strength worries me as does his lack of mobility.

6) A high first round pick and a 3rd round pick..nothing less

7) No. I think the Jets will need some kind of veteran leadership on this team especially with a young staff.

8) I would take a chance with Schaub as he came from a good background in Virginia and appears to have good command of the game.

9) I would rather save the money this year, rebuild with a veteran qb and hope to get Quinn next year.

10) At this point I cannot see the Jets being at all successful for the next 3 years. Am I ok with that? NO.

Ok.

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do? I can't see who NO and Ten are taking if this happens, but there would probably be a lot of people wanting to trade with us. It depends on how sweet the deal is. I'm torn between Cutler and Ferguson though. Probably Ferguson.

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick? Probably Ferguson.

3) If you had the choice of Young, Ferguson or Hawk who would you pick? Ferguson

4) Do you think Jay Cutler is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up? No, if he gets taken ahead of us, Ferguson or Leinart will still be there for us. Draft Ferguson or trade down w/Leinart.

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up? No. Houston would laugh in my face if they heard my offer, lets put it that way.

6) What is the least you would accept in a trade for John Abraham? mid-2nd round pick.

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept? He's got a 1-2 good years left in him. If we absolutely couldn't afford him, then maybe for a 4th rounder at the least.

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets? Schaub,Ramsey,Brooks,Collins in that order.

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year? I'd rather draft one or trade for a young QB with potential like schaub. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a veteran who isn't going to be here for more than a couple years.

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club? As long as they improve each year, I'll be optimistic. But if they aren't back in contention in 3-4 years I'll be pretty bummed.

Fergy

Fergy

Fergy

you would give up?

No

No

Anyone's first round pick

No, we need him at least until we fix that O line

I don't like any of them, but if I had a gun to my head...Schaub

If a quality guy falls into our laps in the draft and we're high on him...get him. But, I'd rather get a vet QB and see how that develops and perhaps get one next year.

The way this league can change from year to year, I think with the proper players in place, we can see a winning team in two years.

Leinart

Young

Young

4) Do you think Jay Cutler is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up?

Absolutely not

Yes, in theory, but I wouldn't make the deal.

First round draft choice or Pro Bowl starter no older than Abe

Yes. Conditional draft choice.

Brooks, with Schaub second.

Depends where we pick and who's available, obviously. I'm not sold on Cutler, I'd take Leinart or Young if they fell in our laps.

Wouldn't put a number on it. As long as I'm enjoying the games they can stick around.

Cutler

Cutler

D'Brickshaw

you would give up?

No, but I would take at 4.

No

Mid 1st round, or Rivers, or schaub plus a 3rd round

Yes, 3rd or 4th round pick

schaub

Draft. And play immediately. No sense on pine with clipboard, we aint goin anywhere this year so get experience asap.

2008 i would expect to be in playoffs, 2007 i would hope for close to .500.

Trading down

Ferguson

Ferguson

4) Do you think Jay Cutler is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up?

No, I don't.

No, I don't.

First round pick.

I am willing... a third round pick.

Collins, as I'm just looking for a stop gap and economically, he'd probably be the cheapest.

Draft a QB this year and go with a vet.

They should be turned around by year four.

I would stay at the #4 pick on draft day, see what transpires, if the Top 3 go Leinart, Young, Bush, I would then take Ferguson as the #4 pick. If Ferguson is gone, I trade down and gather an extra 2/3rd rounder.

Ferguson

Ferguson

you would give up?

No, and Brooks Bollinger

Yes, I'd give up a 3rd and 4th this year, won't get it done. Or John Abraham straight up for the #1 pick

A pick #40 or greater.

A fourth rounder and I'd pack his bags

Schaub on talent. Brooks on price (picks and $$$)

Depends on the situation, too many variables to answer

Till 2008.

Trade down....our needs are many.

Young.

HAWK! Very versatile....Beligini likes versatile defensive playmakers, no? If Abe gets traded....Mario Williams. I agree Hawk is attractive, but trading Abe and drafting MWilliams is a much more realistic scenario, IMO.

you would give up?

No.

No.

A 1st rounder

No..with all the help we need on o-line, his experienced leadership would be valuable

Ramsey.

Pick up a veteran

3 years.

Matt he is a HOTTIE

Fergi don't have enough mooola for another JOISEY

Hawk, I love watching him do flip kicks an 360's on his board

you would give up?

I think if I were trading up I would go for the VEAL CUTLETS I would give up the bread -n- butter

Yes.....I MAY consider givin up my Kevins SIGNED HELMET...:eek:

The bubble gum

NO WAY SWEET JESUS NEVER NEVER NEVER....:box:

Collins...I just love those summer TOM COLLINS on my boat:cheers:

Draft a QB, the only VET is my man Kev:rolleyes:

Till the day you sprinkle my ashes in the OCEAN:wine:

D'Brickshaw

D'Brickshaw

D'Brickshaw

you would give up?

No

No

2nd round pick

Yes, 3rd round pick

Ramsey

Neither....pick up Ramsey and draft Brodie Croyle for the future

2-3 years. In 2008 or 2009 we should be legitimately competting again.

124 must have gotten a prescription for smart pills.

-Trade Down

-Cutler

-Ferguson

you would give up?

-No, IMO He will still be available at 4

-No, the idea is to rebuild the team. You can't do that if you dont have draft picks. Trading up means giving those away.

-1st round draft choice

-Yes, 2-3rd round pick

-Schaub. At this point has the highest potential of any on the list. Collins, and Brooks have already proven they are liabilities at QB. Ramsey is well on his way to appearing that way as well.

-I can make a case for either, but I'm not sure what kind of talent the QB position will have next year, and since this draft is loaded iwth talent, i would draft a QB now.

2-3 years.

Tyson...

BTW you need to bookmark this site and bump it in a year or two. Otherwise this excercise was for nothing.

:P

Correct Max. You know our panel of experts will have entirely different versions in 3 yrs...I mean we all hated Penny in 2002 and killed Parcells for bringing Martin with him didn't we?

I give our 1st rd pick and the new regime until week 5 before the negative threads begin.

Correct Max. You know our panel of experts will have entirely different versions in 3 yrs...I mean we all hated Penny in 2002 and killed Parcells for bringing Martin with him didn't we?

I give our 1st rd pick and the new regime until week 5 before the negative threads begin.

Hated Penny? Killed Martin? Those things would never happen here.

;)

BRICK over Cutler but only slimest of margins.

BRICK

BRICK

Not really. He's very good but not worth trading up from 4.

No thanks hes lefty Chad.

a first round pick higher than 25 overall

NO. They need Mawae otherwise the OL goes to s--t.

Schaub.

Draft a QB this year. make it like a band-aid and pull quick to get it over with. Possible they do both with mid round picks. Possible they draft a QB early and a QB late this year and cut that scrub Bollinger. Can't have enough good QBs

5 years maybe more.

maybe I'll delete my post now.

I would trade down as long as we didn't drop past 10 and also got a 2nd rounder to move back.

Definitely D'Brickashaw

Definitely D'Brickashaw

you would give up?

NO

NO

1st Rounder no later than #24

Yes...4th rounder + Conditional pick in 2007 draft

Out of that group I would take Collins/Brooks because they'll be gone by next year and Brady Quinn will replace them.If you guaranteed me we would not get Quinn,I would prefer Ramsey because we'd have to give up less to get him.

See above comment about Brady Quinn

2008: Purge the cap this year and stock up in the draft the next two years,start Quinn from day 1 in '07,and be ready to go in '08.

5 years maybe more.

huh???? to be a winning club?????? it didnt ask super bowl???

u actually think they wont win till 2011???

u have to have reasons as to why they cant be a winning team for 5 years,, that sounds borderline lunacy,,,

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do? LEINART CAN'T PASS ON HIM

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick? FERGUSON

STILL FERGUSON

you would give up? NO WE NEED MORE PLAYERS NOT LESS

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up? SAME AS NO 4

1ST ROUND PICK

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept? ANY PICK

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets? SCHAUB

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year? NEXT YEAR AND LIVE WITH VET QB

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club? 2007

you would give up?

1) TRADE DOWN

2) Young

3) Young

4) No

5) No

6) 2nd and 4th round pick.

7) Yes, whatever the Jets can get for his old injured ass.

8) Tie between Collins and Brooks

9) Veteran and draft qb next year

10) 2 years. If they're smart they can have a good team next year.

Go on record with your answer here

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do?Ferguson

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick? FERGUSON

FERGUSON

you would give up?NO

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up?NO

2 PICKS 1AND A 2 OR RAMSEY AND A 1 0r 2

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept?no

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets?Ramsey

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year?Build the o-line this year Da`Brick

3 years

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do? Ferguson.

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick? Ferguson.

3) If you had the choice of Young, Ferguson or Hawk who would you pick? Hawk.

you would give up? NOPE

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up? NOPE

6) What is the least you would accept in a trade for John Abraham? 1st and 4th.

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept? At his age, he isn't good trade value IMO. I've never been too high on him.

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets? Schaub, hands down.

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year? I'd rather they bolster the O-line and running game first and foremost. Maybe trade down to the 15 area and take Vince Young if he falls that far (He just might).

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club? 3-5 years to be a SB contender. Within the next 2 seasons we should have a pretty good idea what direction he's taking them in. It wouldn't surprise me if the team is very competitive next season. They are only a year removed from a deep playoff run. Get the O-line shored up and they'll compete IMO.

1) If you had the choice of Leinart, Young, Cutler or Ferguson or trading down, what would you do? It depends on how far the Jets would trade down and what the compensation would be. If not a trade down, I would take D'Brick.

2) If you had the choice of Young, Cutler or Ferguson, whom would you pick? D'Brick.

3) If you had the choice of Young, Ferguson or Hawk who would you pick? D'Brick

you would give up? I love Cutler, but I do not want to trade up for ANYONE. He's either there at 4 or he isn't.

5) Do you think Matt Leinart is worth trading up for? If so what is the most you would give up? No.

6) What is the least you would accept in a trade for John Abraham?High second rounder.

7) Are you willing to give up Kevin Mawae in a trade? If so what is the least you would accept?Yes, in a heartbeat. Any first day pick will do. A high 4 is also acceptable.

8) If you had the choice of Ramsey, Schaub, Collins or Brooks, which QB would you choose to be the next QB of the NY Jets? Patrick Ramsey.

9) Would you rather draft a quarterback this year or pick up a veteran QB and possibly draft someone next year? Cutler is the only first round QB I want on the Jets. IMO, the Jets would be better off trading for Ramsey and then drafting a QB next year if he blows.

10) How long are you willing to give this staff until they field a winning ball club? By year 3, the team should be a Super Bowl contender.

Trade Down but not out of the top 13-15.

Ferguson

Ferguson

you would give up?

No.

No.

Top 25 draft pick this yr

3rd / early 4th rd pick this yr.

Matt Schaub.only because I know the rest blow. im not sold on him either.

Pass.

2 seasons (this & next) I expect something in yr 3.

Dbrick.

Dbrick. vince young sucks

Dbrick

you would give up?

No.

Yes. I'd give a 3rd rd pick + #4 overall to get Leinart.

Only accept a 1st rd pick. Or a top 5 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

Yes. 4th rd pick.

Schaub, just on potential alone. So far ramsey, collins and brooks have all proven they suck hard.

QB in 2007 draft. Brady Quinn/Drew Stanton/Other highly rated passer.

It depends when we draft or sign a "franchise QB". If we go QB this year, I'll give them 2 "rebuilding" seasons, and be ready to make a big step in 2008 and a superbowl in 2009 season.

If we go QB in 2007, I'll be patient with 2 losing type seasons and be ready to roll in 2009 and a superbowl in 2010.

you would give up?

1. Cutler

2. Cutler

3. Hawk

4. No. No trade up, we need more picks.

5. No again. No trade up, we need picks.

6. Late second round. His salary demands kill his trade value.

7. I'd accept the salary cap savings, after his comments today.

8. Just shoot me. These guys are OK temp QB's but not starters.

9. We need a QB THIS draft. They take time to develop, waiting till next year for the future QB means no playoffs till 2009.

10. 8-8 in 2008 as a minimum. Preferably a wild card. SB contention in 2009.

Archived