Happy Birthday JetNation (16)

Maxman

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I loved the garv, he was a great dude. He was more of an mma guy but if I gave him current events each week for a Jets video he was great.

We worked with him one year and the next year I reached out to him. I said hey I am redoing the front page, I want to feature The Garv on our home page and get more exposure. The response I got I can still remember almost word for word.

"I've gone brand crazy like Dana White"

That was his way of saying he was only promoting himself going forward. I was bummed, I thought it was working well.

I just checked his site looks like he is out of business.

image.png

Yeah, I thought he was pretty gd funny.  Was disappointed he stopped making those Jets videos. 

I just hope he is doing better than The Kid From Brooklyn ...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I can't post the whole thing. But I have an XLS file that I created in early February 2005. This was the plan that was created. Here are a few snippets from that plan.  It is pretty funny looking back and because we had the right attitude from the beginning we won. Pretty cool.

image.png

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?
All those nights when you've got no lights
The check is in the mail
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by its tail
And your third fiance didn't show
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came
You want to be where you can see
Our troubles are all the same
You want to be where everybody knows your name
Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead
The morning's looking bright
And your shrink ran off to Europe
And didn't even write
And your husband wants to be a girl
Be glad there's one place in the world
You want to go where people know
People are all the same
You want to go where everybody knows your name

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JN!!!
  • Upvote 1

Can't believe that an idea I had about creating a "computerized" Jets fan site, and shared with Max in the Backgammon Room at the old Plato's Retreat, turned into what we now know as JetNation.   Although I never saw a nickel of the enormous profits Max banked, I am still rightfully proud of this endeavor and my oracular vision way back in its formative stage.  Congratulations.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I can't post the whole thing. But I have an XLS file that I created in early February 2005. This was the plan that was created. Here are a few snippets from that plan.  It is pretty funny looking back and because we had the right attitude from the beginning we won. Pretty cool.

image.png

The ship sailed on this website when you banned nudity. My bare butt cheeks would have brought millions of dollars into the JN coffers. .....buy hey, go ahead and impose your morals on the rest of us. 

• Haha 4

Happy anniversary Maximo!!

I remember the old days of coaching little league baseball followed by unlimited hours in your basement on the JN treadmill keeping the server going.

fun fact: I actually had the keys one time. Before a game the server needed to be rebooted and of all people Max asked me to reboot it :rl: 

“I’m  giving you the keys”

@stormshadow19  would have been proud of me

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

image.png

The old moderator profile pages were hilarious. You should bring that back. The bio of faba was hilarious 

22 minutes ago, BP said:

I remember the old days of coaching little league baseball followed by unlimited hours in your basement on the JN treadmill keeping the server going.

fun fact: I actually had the keys one time. Before a game the server needed to be rebooted and of all people Max asked me to reboot it :rl: 

we're  ALL  proud of  YOU  !   ?

On 2/16/2021 at 2:13 AM, JetNation said:

JetNation Thank You

Happy Birthday JetNation, the site turns 16 years old today. 2020 was a rough year all around but the timing is perfect for a sweet-16 after the recent changes; goodbye Adam Gase and hello Robert Saleh.

Despite the tough times on and off the field last year, the one thing that never disappoints is the loyalty of Jets fans.  So many of you call the site home and for that we say thank you.

A volunteer fan-site having the long term success that JetNation continues to have is impressive. The team’s performance on the field left so much to be desired, yet the site put up record numbers.  Why? Because Jets fans will never give up.

• We continue to surpass a million page views a month, now over 115 million all-time page views.
  • Record #’s for post counts in the forums with our busiest year ever; closing in on 5 million posts and over 21,000 members.

If you read our blog posts or if you follow JetNation on social media we want you to know that we really appreciate it. Same for the die-hard fans in our NY Jets forum. The conversation gets heated at times but we know we all want the same thing. The good news is after years of being lost, this franchise is finally headed in the right direction.

Special thanks go out to all those who volunteer to make the site great.

The Moderators: Thor99, Sperm Edwards, The Crusher, Joec36, Slats, NYCDan and Charlie Brown.

Our Writers and Content Team:

Glenn Naughton
Courtney Aurillo
Alex Varallo
Dylan Tereman
GreenBean
KRL

Happy Birthday JetNation

The post Happy Birthday JetNation (16) appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

ivBSLJXA7lk

Click here to read the full story...

??

8 hours ago, BP said:

That is a scary thought. Thanks for not blowing the place up. haha.

Those were stressful times, hosting was dicey. We are on a much more expensive plan now, but with a dedicated server there is so much less to worry about. Those texts during a little league game, server is down -- that wasn't a lot of fun!  :)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

The ship sailed on this website when you banned nudity. My bare butt cheeks would have brought millions of dollars into the JN coffers. .....buy hey, go ahead and impose your morals on the rest of us. 

Willing to reconsider, please email me your last glamour shots photo shoot. Definitely include the 80s style Cowboy hat and we will see what we can do!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BP said:

fun fact: I actually had the keys one time. Before a game the   ?  server  ?  needed to be rebooted and of all people Max asked me to reboot it :rl: 

?   please be sure no one has  " inappropriate contact "  with THAT server   ?