Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To elaborate further on this response to jvill, just in case he had it in mind to write another essay:  Keep in mind I pointed out that a rush to get to night would probably be more likely to be scum-motivated than town power role-motivated.  

Even town PRs tend to see the merits of patience. Scum that’s been boxed into a corner by a game that got going quickly and forced their hand a bit is one where scum is just hoping to limp into night with their team intact. So, yes, a rush to get to night tells me JETS is more likely to be scum than town PR.

Kidding aside, I agree with all this. My concern was more that the “but we’re all millers right?” read like a semi-push to reveal if he was one of those cool PRs rushing to get to night to explain his actions.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To elaborate further on this response to jvill, just in case he had it in mind to write another essay:  Keep in mind I pointed out that a rush to get to night would probably be more likely to be scum-motivated than town power role-motivated.  

Even town PRs tend to see the merits of patience. Scum that’s been boxed into a corner by a game that got going quickly and forced their hand a bit is one where scum is just hoping to limp into night with their team intact. So, yes, a rush to get to night tells me JETS is more likely to be scum than town PR.

How is JETS saying, "I'm just trying to make it to the night" anymore of a rush then Greenseed saying "Can we just kill someone" - which you responded to by saying, "I'm trying'.   There is literally zero difference in the 2 comments as both are trying to rush to the night phase yet you're harping on one while encouraging the other. 

You have received you first, ping.

• Upvote 1

And FWIW, I too would like to get to the night phase.  This a confusing D1 and seeing what happens at night is going to be telling to the way the game plays out.

Yeah, 80 might have just exposed his little scum penis just now, trying to be the uber townie.

4 games in a row?  juicy

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Cool, here’s my take:

You are the only vote on me. Your case was weak, specifically because you say it was based on me being a newbie who wouldn’t think/care about creating WIFOM for scum, except for the fact that a veteran like 3 posts before me did the same thing. Also odd that you misstated the number of miller claims that were made at that time, but I couldn’t discern a purpose for that. In short, your case was sh*t, and I highly doubt anyone would have followed it, despite your nudging of JC to do so. I could have very easily left it alone if scum and moved on to other things gaining more traction. Despite your high opinion of yourself, there was zero need for me to deflect from that.

But as I’m town, I’m not going to shy away from glaringly inconsistent play and poor reasoning just because you’re voting for me and it might cause a dust up. Your take on CTM did a complete 180, and your new stance, that there was zero to take away from CTM being the first claim, was a shift from earlier in the game where you were in complete agreement with me that while it definitely didn’t clear him, it did make his reveal the least suspect. You also accompanied your new theory with a second theory that rookies might use what was your original take on CTM for nefarious purposes. This seemed like narrative setting, and I asked you to explain how the two seemingly different takes you made make sense with one another. Maybe there was an explanation I wasn’t seeing.

Your refusal to answer honestly surprised me, especially considering you stated the explanation was very clear. You could have just answered the question with the clear answer, and also made your point that you thought this was just a deflection from your case on me. But you didn’t do that, making a point to not provide the obvious answer and redirecting to your case to me which I never cited.

Now my interest is piqued, which maybe was your intent, although at the time I thought you just didn’t have a good answer for it. Your refusal to answer a question about a change in one narrative brought to mind a change in another, the reason you voted for me, which you brought up unprompted. I asked why you didn’t bring up this WIFOM reasoning yesterday when you voted me, because your vote for me yesterday immediately followed your endorsement of Barry’s case against me. Frankly, I begin to think you’re completely fabricating this new reason to vote for me because the last one didn’t gain any traction. Or maybe now you’re digging back into the game and you actually are biting on the WIFOM and are role fishing.

You answer the second question about why you didn’t bring it up yesterday, but your answer there is weak too. More concerning, you again you refuse to answer the first question, the one with the simple answer, and accuse me of using it to create a distraction. Again, I think at this point the biggest distraction here is you refusing to answer. If you truly think I’m scum, present the clear answer and then bring the focus back to your case against me. Instead you keep up this song and dance.

At this point, I’m thinking this is your plan. Get me to keep asking, you get to keep saying I’m deflecting from a case that I’ve already addressed and that has received zero support or comment from anyone else. So I leave the ball in your court and see what you do with it. Maybe I’m just tunneling and no one else cares anyway, if they do they can bring it up. If you truly think its a distraction that should be the end of it..

But nope. You keep it going, this time with the laughable claim that you only refused to answer once, I believe trying to draw me into responding.

So yeah, now I’m voting you. Your case on me sucked, you’ve flip flopped on CTM I believe now to push a new narrative, I believe you flip flopped on your case on me and retconned a new reasoning or were role fishing, you’ve refused to answer a simple question multiple times either because you know you don’t have a good answer or you could use it to get me to keep asking and create a distraction, and you kept pushing that distraction even when I tried to end it.

I feel good about my vote.

Over defense noted.

i stopped reading after about the third sentence when you re-characterized my case on you. 

I will see you dead, scum. You know it. I know it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

And FWIW, I too would like to get to the night phase.  This a confusing D1 and seeing what happens at night is going to be telling to the way the game plays out.

Yeah, 80 might have just exposed his little scum penis just now, trying to be the uber townie.

4 games in a row?  juicy

And I would just like to kill someone 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

4 games in a row?  juicy

80 has definitely argued that we just need a dead body on D1 before. It does seem a bit off that he's using that against people now.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

80 has definitely argued that we just need a dead body on D1 before. It does seem a bit off that he's using that against people now.

Terrible logic too. I say this as the player that normalized the reality of catching scum on D1. Before me, it was widely accepted that it just doesn’t happen. 

I broke that ass ceiling.

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

At the point that I revealed I probably wasn’t but I figured as I believe ctm and jvill said, that all of us revealing narrows it down for scum. 

Narrows what down? Scum knows who isn’t scum from the beginning.

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah it's totally weird and pingy AF.....the only reason I'm not switching my vote is he's a boring D1 kill and that would be 4 straight games as scum.   Stupid logic but avoided scum D1 lynches of 80 pinging before for similar sh*t.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

How is JETS saying, "I'm just trying to make it to the night" anymore of a rush then Greenseed saying "Can we just kill someone" - which you responded to by saying, "I'm trying'.   There is literally zero difference in the 2 comments as both are trying to rush to the night phase yet you're harping on one while encouraging the other. 

Here’s my take: As Town w/o powers, the most exciting part of this game is the Day when I can affect something. 

Folks that are “waiting for the night” are waiting for ‘their turn’ to do something. Implies scum or 3rd party. 

I’m not waiting for the night, I’m excited for some action. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I have voted.  Barry and then Jville.  Currently I'm pondering.  Where is your vote and what is your case?  Convince me.

I voted Stark. In the last game he was absent this much he had said he was busy with his kids, but looking through the QT showed different. He was very active, just not in the main forum.

When he’s scum he only interacts with Town-folk sporadically. 

That...and he voted for me, an innocent Townie, so **** him...he must be scum.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/9/2021 at 12:40 AM, CTM said:

lol, meh, revealing as a miller right away is the right play imo otherwise you risk outing the cop

On 3/9/2021 at 12:41 AM, jvill 51 said:

Assuming we didn’t break the game though.. if there’s other millers out there I’m wondering if they shouldn’t reveal? Might just wind up narrowing things down for scum

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

At the point that I revealed I probably wasn’t but I figured as I believe ctm and jvill said, that all of us revealing narrows it down for scum. 

I don’t understand how everyone revealing narrows it down for scum and I don’t get how not revealing protects the cop when they might look at someone that didn’t claim, get a scum result (for example on a miller), and maybe get outed. Or even if they watch scum, get a not town result, scum claims miller, cop gets outed, etc.

JC and JETS are my top 2 right now. I would not mind killing JC first, especially after his post basically giving up. Convenient to say he was just trying to cause action too. Bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Here’s my take: As Town w/o powers, the most exciting part of this game is the Day when I can affect something. 

Folks that are “waiting for the night” are waiting for ‘their turn’ to do something. Implies scum or 3rd party. 

I’m not waiting for the night, I’m excited for some action. 

Absolutely.  Technically, I'm my favorite role, vanilla town. The reason I love the role is because you dont have to worry or try to do anything other then find scum, which I'm elite at.

That said, this is a little wonky and think the night will be telling.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, Stark said:

I don't think CTM has played a D1 in the last, well its been a while... very curious but the role reveal is a tough one to say is scummy. I have never seen a Miller in 4 years... also CTM ruins everything

I'm flattered that you would think I would like to discuss what appeared to be a mass miller reveal. 

pea brain.... If you didn't get that I am a Miller - Townie from that then look to the the bold

nice drinker... I like the small batch a little more but solid choice.

so this is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 times you specifically mention me for this... 

fish splashing GIF

I am a Miller. I am Town. I am not 3rd Party. I am not Scum, I am not Mafia, I am not a Werwolf - I am just an average golfer a lover of bourbon, whiskey and tequila 

On 3/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

None of this rhymed.  

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the only player who hasn't yet submitted an LD post yet is @Stark.  JETS only did so after being prompted by Ape to do so.

Stark, JETS, Barry are my new top 3.

Hella busy day yesterday... catching up but had an alert.... im back on like page 12 or something 

80 how you going to reply to the post I make a LD post and then yesterday say I didn't... do we still do the "Lynch all liars" thing or nah?

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Absolutely.  Technically, I'm my favorite role, vanilla town. The reason I love the role is because you dont have to worry or try to do anything other then find scum, which I'm elite at.

That said, this is a little wonky and think the night will be telling.

Newb question: what determines nightfall? Is it discretionary? Does it follow a lynch, or???

22 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I voted Stark. In the last game he was absent this much he had said he was busy with his kids, but looking through the QT showed different. He was very active, just not in the main forum.

I just checked the post counts.  Stark at the bottom of players who are playing.  I'm in.

Vote Stark

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Hella busy day yesterday... catching up but had an alert.... im back on like page 12 or something 

80 how you going to reply to the post I make a LD post and then yesterday say I didn't... do we still do the "Lynch all liars" thing or nah?

Oh, Look who it is....

How curiously he appears a short 15 minutes after my post. 

NOTE: The fact that @Stark still has his vote on me is suspect as heck. 

You’re pingy brah, and I think you’re dirty, but I’m going to move my (single) vote to where it will make more of an impact this round.  

unvote, vote JC

• WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, Stark said:

You placed it in the middle of a long, stupid post.  I missed it because every other normal player did it in one lone sentence.  GFY.  

4 hours ago, JiF said:

JETS has been playing long enough to know what he's doing.  Greenseed has not.  It's that simple.  Stuff your ping up your giant a$$hole.

Caught up... 

Before this last greenseed post I was going to in on Jville or 80.. I think very strongly that Jvill or 80 is scum. 

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Oh, Look who it is....

How curiously he appears a short 15 minutes after my post. 

NOTE: The fact that @Stark still has his vote on me is suspect as heck. 

You’re pingy brah, and I think you’re dirty, but I’m going to move my (single) vote to where it will make more of an impact this round.  

unvote, vote JC

yeah im pingy but you throw your vote to JC. ... not the play

• Upvote 1