2021 New York Yankees

On 5/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, Barton said:

Hicks hurt again. Guy is made of frickin glass.

They need to trade for Whitt Merrifield. They need another .300 hitter. He can also play outfield. 

That Hicks extension was a bad idea, I did not like it at the time.

The money per year is bad, but you don;t sign anyone with back injuries to a long term deal.  Yes, I know this is his wrist, but as you said, made of glass.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:08 PM, Barton said:

They need to trade for Whitt Merrifield. They need another .300 hitter. He can also play outfield. 

Just read that "Elijah Price, Jr."--otherwise known as Giancarlo Stanton--just went on 10 day IL.  LOL.  

As Jet fans, we've known tons of busts.  But Stanton stands tall among them.

tenor.gif?itemid=13302624

On 5/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, Barton said:

Hicks may need surgery

Wrist surgery can be a 2 year recovery.  It takes a long time to get that swing back

Remember that time when Stanton hit 2 home runs in a playoff game and then sat out the remainder of the series with a bum knee?

Did he have surgery on that knee in the offseason? Nope. But he had to sit out those playoff games, I tell ya. 

Watch out for my Rays. 

Defending American League Champions. 

12-1 throughout our previous 13 games. 

5th in the entire league in runs scored and 8th in runs allowed. 

1st place within the A.L East. 

#1 record within the entire American League. 

This is the year where we win the World Series!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Watch out for my Rays. 

Defending American League Champions. 

12-1 throughout our previous 13 games. 

5th in the entire league in runs scored and 8th in runs allowed. 

1st place within the A.L East. 

#1 record within the entire American League. 

This is the year where we win the World Series!

Easily the best run organization , top to bottom, in MLB. Their talent evaluators are off the charts.

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

Easily the best run organization , top to bottom, in MLB. Their talent evaluators are off the charts.

Yes our Farm System I always follow it closely every year is A++ with prospects especially pitching. 

I swear if we ever win a WS can make a money ball movie pt. 2 after us. 

I love playing in the Yankees division. The AL East until the day I die will always and forever be the NY Yankees division. Greatest American sports Franchise of All Time.

That's what makes the Rays so fun. The underdogs. If we ever win a WS it'll be something to rave about. 

Boston Red Sox have always been frauds to me as a Rays fan. Couple WS titles and their annoying fan base they act like they've got 28 Championship banners. Yankee fans always come with class to the Trop. I try and catch 1 game per series vs the Yankees with my daughter every year. Red Sox games? Some of the most classless fans I've ever been around. 

One thing about the Yanks; they've always got a chance @ the playoffs and can win it all any given year. 

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes our Farm System I always follow it closely every year is A++ with prospects especially pitching. 

I swear if we ever win a WS can make a money ball movie pt. 2 after us. 

I love playing in the Yankees division. The AL East until the day I die will always and forever be the NY Yankees division. Greatest American sports Franchise of All Time.

That's what makes the Rays so fun. The underdogs. If we ever win a WS it'll be something to rave about. 

Boston Red Sox have always been frauds to me as a Rays fan. Couple WS titles and their annoying fan base they act like they've got 28 Championship banners. Yankee fans always come with class to the Trop. I try and catch 1 game per series vs the Yankees with my daughter every year. Red Sox games? Some of the most classless fans I've ever been around. 

One thing about the Yanks; they've always got a chance @ the playoffs and can win it all any given year. 

The Red Sox fans remind me so much of Eagles fans. They have one Super Bowl and they act like they’ve dominated the NFL for decades. 

This team is so poorly constucted its not even funny. Infield defense is atrocious. Nobody can hit for a high average besides LaMahieu. Poor fundamentals all day long. A manager who doesnt inspire confidence. 

Lets see if Cashman has the smarts or guts to make BOLD moves. I doubt he does. Nobody on this team besides Cole, should be unavailable in a trade. 

IMG_20210531_130101.thumb.jpg.2ffed0c1811e4529f5a0372d665a9b6b.jpg

I'm super excited to have this 4 game Series against your YANKEES. 

Beware NYY fans. My TB Rays are red hot and on absolute ? right now (especially, Austin Meadows).  

• #1 Record in all of baseball (34-20). 

• 15-1 throughout our previous 16 games (best run in Franchise history and we're averaging a crazy 7.7 runs per game throughout our previous 16 games). 

• MLB's #1 19-7 road record (a sign of a very, very good and mentally strong team). 

✓ 4.5 lead over the Yankees in the standings (and looking to make it 8.5 after this series). 

Got the game on the big screen and ready for some on this beautiful Holiday. 

IMG_20210531_130049.thumb.jpg.619cc67b9ddb22d223cb3ff255507a2c.jpg

R-A-Y-S Rays, Rays, RAYS!!!

On 5/31/2021 at 1:05 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

IMG_20210531_130101.thumb.jpg.2ffed0c1811e4529f5a0372d665a9b6b.jpg

I'm super excited to have this 4 game Series against your YANKEES. 

Beware NYY fans. My TB Rays are red hot and on absolute ? right now (especially, Austin Meadows).  

• #1 Record in all of baseball (34-20). 

• 15-1 throughout our previous 16 games (best run in Franchise history and we're averaging a crazy 7.7 runs per game throughout our previous 16 games). 

• MLB's #1 19-7 road record (a sign of a very, very good and mentally strong team). 

✓ 4.5 lead over the Yankees in the standings (and looking to make it 8.5 after this series). 

Got the game on the big screen and ready for some on this beautiful Holiday. 

IMG_20210531_130049.thumb.jpg.619cc67b9ddb22d223cb3ff255507a2c.jpg

R-A-Y-S Rays, Rays, RAYS!!!

Speaking of Austin Meadows being absolutely red hot and on ??

HR yesterday. 

Two run HR today (1st inning, 2-0). 

Nuts. 

image.thumb.png.fe1b02414baa9094743f6025fc64a2bb.png

PS: Don't worry Yankee fans. I'll exit your NYY baseball thread immediately following my Devil Rays invasion of Yankee Stadium out there in the Bronx!

????

Nothing personal; we're just on a RUN (17-1 THROUGHOUT our previous 18 games after tonight?!?!?). 

Never seen anything like this. Not as a Rays fan at least. 

We're damn near approaching the 1916 NY Giants' 26 game winning streak (minus that 1 L. ???). 

WTF are the Yankees doing exactly? Gardner, Odor, Sanchez? These guys suck - hard. 

If Stanton cant even play the outfield, why didnt we just sign JD Martinez (who's 3x the hitter Stanton is)? Play him in leftfield or get rid of him. 

I'm telling you, this team is a hodge podge cluster of nonsense. And Gleyber cant play shortstop. Yankees have literally the worst defensive infield up the middle in he entire league when it's Sanchez, Odor and Gleyber starting. 

There;s no chance in hell this current roster, infield defense and lineup wins the world series. None. Get some .300 contact hitters 

That was an awesome 4 game Series splitting 2-2. Your Yankees just took a big bite into our recent insane winning streak. 

See you guys in July (27-28-29) @ home in the Trop (will make sure to take the family to 1 of those games) and again in October for the final 3 game series of the season (1st, 2nd and 3rd). 

So long NYY faithful; until next time...

• Upvote 1

If this team wants to win a World Series they need to trade for Shertzer and maybe hader. I know people are worried about offense, but pitching wins in the playoffs, and with a regular schedule this year a one two punch of Cole and Scherzer would make us real contenders. 

1 hour ago, Wit said:

If this team wants to win a World Series they need to trade for Shertzer and maybe hader. I know people are worried about offense, but pitching wins in the playoffs, and with a regular schedule this year a one two punch of Cole and Scherzer would make us real contenders. 

Team is 2nd to last in runs scored in the AL.  You are going to lose a lot of 2-1 games come playoffs.   Scherzer would be great, but this team is very poorly constructed, with very little flexibility.

Hicks for 5 (4?) more years.  Stanton for another 6 after this year.   Judge will be 30 next year, his last year of club control.  

15 hours ago, Barton said:

WTF are the Yankees doing exactly? Gardner, Odor, Sanchez? These guys suck - hard. 

If Stanton cant even play the outfield, why didnt we just sign JD Martinez (who's 3x the hitter Stanton is)? Play him in leftfield or get rid of him. 

I'm telling you, this team is a hodge podge cluster of nonsense. And Gleyber cant play shortstop. Yankees have literally the worst defensive infield up the middle in he entire league when it's Sanchez, Odor and Gleyber starting. 

There;s no chance in hell this current roster, infield defense and lineup wins the world series. None. Get some .300 contact hitters 

Honestly, they miss Didi.   A left handed shortstop who would allow Gleyber to play second base.

39 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Team is 2nd to last in runs scored in the AL.  You are going to lose a lot of 2-1 games come playoffs.   Scherzer would be great, but this team is very poorly constructed, with very little flexibility.

Hicks for 5 (4?) more years.  Stanton for another 6 after this year.   Judge will be 30 next year, his last year of club control.  

That’s due to DJ having a subpar year. If I could choose a bat vs scherzer to some money on, it’s an ace. SEVY coming back too snd may be effective come playoff time. Yankees are getting on base, they just haven’t been breaking through and scoring runs. Something has to give. 

3 hours ago, Wit said:

That’s due to DJ having a subpar year. If I could choose a bat vs scherzer to some money on, it’s an ace. SEVY coming back too snd may be effective come playoff time. Yankees are getting on base, they just haven’t been breaking through and scoring runs. Something has to give. 

Yankees are 26th in MLB in batting averages, it's not just DJ.   I'm all for another starter, but this team can not hit.  

They are 13th in HR, and 13th in OBP, so they walk some, but come playoffs against good pitching you don't walk as much.