2021 New York Yankees

On 4/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Philc1 said:

Tauchman on 3rd with one out and still they can’t score UGH

There are 3 Yankees who can actually hit good pitching and that's, DJ, Urshela, and Hicks no way this team wins a WS because they just can't manufacture runs to save their lives and they strike out at an alarming rate. Torres defense stinks and he's already cost us a game other than the fact he can't hit good pitching. 

Cashman once again is mesmerized by homerun hitters who can't do anything else but hit homeruns and strike out. We have a catcher who will once again hit near 200 and cant play behind the plate or handle a staff because he feasts on bad pitching. 

This team will get their wins they will get their homeruns and once they face a team with sloid pitching and contact hitters they will lose in the playoffs yet again because that Idiot Cashman has no F"ing clue how to build a team and he never will.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

There are 3 Yankees who can actually hit good pitching and that's, DJ, Urshela, and Hicks no way this team wins a WS because they just can't manufacture runs to save their lives and they strike out at an alarming rate. Torres defense stinks and he's already cost us a game other than the fact he can't hit good pitching. 

Cashman once again is mesmerized by homerun hitters who can't do anything else but hit homeruns and strike out. We have a catcher who will once again hit near 200 and cant play behind the plate or handle a staff because he feasts on bad pitching. 

This team will get their wins they will get their homeruns and once they face a team with sloid pitching and contact hitters they will lose in the playoffs yet again because that Idiot Cashman has no F"ing clue how to build a team and he never will.

we don’t score without the home run.  Cashman built a roster way too reliant on the hr

This rotation holy cow.  We let go of Tanaka and his replacement is Kluber?  Kluber’s fastball barely touches 90mph most of the posters on this messageboard could hit him.

They need to get rid of Kluber and call up Garcia.  Trade Judge while he still has value maybe we can get a young pitching prospect.  This season could start to get ugly soon

• Upvote 1

Like I said before the season, this is the same FLAWED lineup and patchwork pitching staff from years past. We also have the worst defensive infield in baseball. 

Cashman absolutely HAS TO consider trading some good parts from this team in order to have a more COMPLETE team. This current roster will be one and done in the playoffs - like always.

Gleyber can be on the trade block, ditto Luke Voit. If anyone is willing to take Stanton, he is also available. Frazier, who I like, can be on the block too. Same for Judge. 

Do whatever is necessary to get Whitt Merifield, a competent catcher (or let Higgy start) and a real shortstop. Start anyone over Hicks. 

This team is SO CLOSE to be a great team but Cashman is failing to cross the finish line by making some key moves. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:45 AM, Philc1 said:

The problem with paying Lemaheiu that huge contract was Gleyber is actually way better at 2nd.  

And now you can’t just move LeMaheiu to 3rd and shift Gleyber to 2nd because we have two good 3rd Basemen Urshela and Andujar 

There's a log jam/square pegs with round holes in this infield.

Guys have to be traded and proper pieces have to be brought in. Period. End of story. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barton said:

Like I said before the season, this is the same FLAWED lineup and patchwork pitching staff from years past. We also have the worst defensive infield in baseball. 

Cashman absolutely HAS TO consider trading some good parts from this team in order to have a more COMPLETE team. This current roster will be one and done in the playoffs - like always.

Gleyber can be on the trade block, ditto Luke Voit. If anyone is willing to take Stanton, he is also available. Frazier, who I like, can be on the block too. Same for Judge. 

Do whatever is necessary to get Whitt Merifield, a competent catcher (or let Higgy start) and a real shortstop. Start anyone over Hicks. 

This team is SO CLOSE to be a great team but Cashman is failing to cross the finish line by making some key moves. 

Cashman has been doing the same bs forever.  Everything is about the long ball.  Everything 

Urshela’s error got in German’s head he wasn’t the same after that 

I still hate the thought of Torres at SS. Legit would be one of the better 2B in the game. Should have kept him there, let him bulk up and he would be a 40 home run guy with a decent glove and strong arm. He will always be a liability defensively at SS and he is going to hit less there.

DJ at 1B. Voit traded and get a solid SS.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I still hate the thought of Torres at SS. Legit would be one of the better 2B in the game. Should have kept him there, let him bulk up and he would be a 40 home run guy with a decent glove and strong arm. He will always be a liability defensively at SS and he is going to hit less there.

He is an excellent 2B. 

I agree, get DJ at 1st, improve the defense at multiple positions.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Cashman should have done this in the offseason. The guy has ZERO foresight. Same reason why the starting pitching is always a weakness on this team. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Our starting pitching this year sucks

Kluber deserves to be cut

I'd give Kluber some more time to figure things out.

Now Jay Bruce? My God. How is he better than Mike Ford exactly??

Aaron Hicks - bench player. Good as a righty bat, and TERRIBLE as a lefty. His splits done lie.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, undertow said:

Yankees are the same team they were 4 years ago....until they realize homer ball and bullpen ball doesn't win World Series I'm not paying attention anymore.

4 years ago they were a young, exciting team that was a game away from the World Series against a team that knew what pitches were coming. We won't get close to that this season.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Barton said:

Aaron Hicks - bench player. Good as a righty bat, and TERRIBLE as a lefty. His splits done lie.

Initially I liked the Bruce signing, I figured that's not a bad guy to have playing first every once in a while. Veteran presence. Watching him every day has been UNBEARABLE. 

19 hours ago, Barton said:

Jay Bruce is hot ass garbage.  Kluber is DUN

the only hope is we are about .500 by the time Voit, Severino come back in July.  Cashman has done everything to wreck the starting rotation and load up the lineup with guys who constantly hit into double plays

This Yankees team has me worried.  You know, the last couple of years we had a ton of injuries, but players stepped up.  With this team, no injuries and they just can't hit...not even hr's.  If it was two or three guys not hitting, I'd be more inclined to say we'll turn it around.  But the entire team isn't hitting and that's a huge concern.  I thought our concerns this year would be injuries again and Sanchez...I'm bummed even though it's early in the season...again, no one is hitting and I'm not even touching our rotation.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

This Yankees team has me worried.  You know, the last couple of years we had a ton of injuries, but players stepped up.  With this team, no injuries and they just can't hit...not even hr's.  If it was two or three guys not hitting, I'd be more inclined to say we'll turn it around.  But the entire team isn't hitting and that's a huge concern.  I thought our concerns this year would be injuries again and Sanchez...I'm bummed even though it's early in the season...again, no one is hitting and I'm not even touching our rotation.  

Totally agree, this is a big concern.

They didn't change anything though. They are set up to have defensive problems, injury concerns in the rotation and an over worked bullpen.  All that even if they were hitting.

Gleyber isn't a SS. Why did they just trade for another 2B?

I think they will get hot but it is like Boone is harder on Frazier than anyone else. I would short Boone's tenure at this point, not liking his chances. Hope they turn it around though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I’m not an analytics guy but Cashman’s 90’s style approach of loading up on home run sluggers who can’t get on base or steal a base has caught up

And I’ll be a broken record.  This starting rotation is horrible.  Kluber shouldn’t even be on a mlb roster he’s so cooked it’s not even funny

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m not an analytics guy but Cashman’s 90’s style approach of loading up on home run sluggers who can’t get on base or steal a base has caught up

And I’ll be a broken record.  This starting rotation is horrible.  Kluber shouldn’t even be on a mlb roster he’s so cooked it’s not even funny

Thing is, in the 90s they weren't really like that.  it was a balanced team, they didn't strike out a ton, and did steal bases. 

96 they were actually 12th in the AL in home runs, but 2nd in batting, and 3rd in OBP, and 2nd in strikeouts as hitters (2nd being good, not 2nd most).

98 they were 4th in HR, but 2nd in stolen bases, 2nd in batting, and 1st in OBP.

99, they were 8th in HR, 3rd in batting, 2nd in OBP.  Only 10th in steals and still 6th best in strikeouts.

2000, 6th in HR, 6th in steals, 6th in batting, 5th in OBP, 6th in strikeouts.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Thing is, in the 90s they weren't really like that.  it was a balanced team, they didn't strike out a ton, and did steal bases. 

96 they were actually 12th in the AL in home runs, but 2nd in batting, and 3rd in OBP, and 2nd in strikeouts as hitters (2nd being good, not 2nd most).

98 they were 4th in HR, but 2nd in stolen bases, 2nd in batting, and 1st in OBP.

99, they were 8th in HR, 3rd in batting, 2nd in OBP.  Only 10th in steals and still 6th best in strikeouts.

2000, 6th in HR, 6th in steals, 6th in batting, 5th in OBP, 6th in strikeouts.

Oh yeah and they had pitching pitching pitching plus Mariano. 

• Upvote 1