2021 New York Yankees

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

15K's time to fire the hitting coach. 

Change is needed all over. 

The change they need is not so much on the field at this point. it's after the season in the front office. Cashman has to go, and take his army of analytic dopes with him. There isn't a GM in sports who has done less with so much of a stacked deck in his favor than Cashman.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The change they need is not so much on the field at this point. it's after the season in the front office. Cashman has to go, and take his army of analytic dopes with him. There isn't a GM in sports who has done less with so much of a stacked deck in his favor than Cashman.

Aaron Boone is not the answer as the coach. 

Theres way too much talent on that team for them to be this bad. 

Boone and Cashman need to go.

Red Sox and Rays are much better organizations right now. They use analytics but play old school, move the runners over, situational hitting type baseball. Yankees do not. They also lack basic fundamentals. Like a team that doesnt even practice.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, Barton said:

Boone and Cashman need to go.

Red Sox and Rays are much better organizations right now. They use analytics but play old school, move the runners over, situational hitting type baseball. Yankees do not. They also lack basic fundamentals. Like a team that doesnt even practice.

The piss poor base running is amazing to me.  I was taught better when I was in elementary and middle school, and that is not an exaggeration. 

Michael Pineda

A little less than two weeks after a mysterious substance on the hand of New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda went unchecked in a dominant win over Boston, he was ejected from Wednesday night's game against the division rivals after umpires discovered pine tar on his neck.

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

The piss poor base running is amazing to me.  I was taught better when I was in elementary and middle school, and that is not an exaggeration. 

You arent exagerrating. It's actually hard to believe how poorly the Yankees run the bases. Never seen anything this bad from a major league team. And this is not a team of rookies, either. 

Yankees hired Boone because he would take orders and be good with the media. That's it. He's not a real manager. Cashman doesnt know D### about baseball. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This team is atrocious. And here's why - they should be in first place.

Again this team has ZERO fundamentals.

Voit jogs to first base tonight on his triple. Why are you watching the ball? RUN YOUR A##.

DJ cant pick an easy ball at first base on Wades throw.

Wade holds on to the ball while a guy is running home in a tie game. IN A TIE effing game no less.

To top it off, Torres doesnt run to first base on a called 3rd strike passed ball in the 9th inning.

F this team. Done watching. No chance this team wins anything unless major changes are made.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, joewilly12 said:

What the heck is going on with the damn Yankees. 

Too much bad analytics. Too much of the same. Not respecting that baseball needs to be won in all three aspects of the game. Not doing a good job of bringing along the young prospects to make it in the big leagues. Not seeing obvious signs like the sticky stuff being the reason some of their highly priced pitchers were so effective and shelling out impossible to trade contracts to those guys. Hugging prospects too long when a few months of a Verlander or machado may have won them another ring, when in the modern era they are much harder to come by. Stubborn and lackadaisical ownership who lack passion for winning and care more about their bottom line, forgetting what got them their TV deals and stadiums paid for in the first place. The list goes on. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Yankee fan. Quite the opposite, in fact. But I will try to be objective.

Aaron Boone is not the major problem with this team. He has made some mistakes, certainly, but he can only manage the players he has been given. And Cashman has done a horrible job of putting this team together this year. To wit:

1 - building a team with so few left hand hitters in Yankee Stadium is a terrible mistake. When is the last time any of us can remember a championship Yankee team without left handed power?

2 - a general lack of athleticism throughout the team. This manifests itself in the terrible baserunning, the meh defense, and the inability to score without hitting home runs.

3  - you know Judge is going to miss lots of games. So does Stanton. Not having capable backups for these two shows a horrible lack of foresight

4 - not enough quality starting pitchers. Nuff said. And the bullpen has been absolutely horrible. Yes bad luck having Britton get hurt and even at his age no one saw Chapman going this far south, but the rest of the pitchers have been horrible.

5 - A general overrating of the prospects in the farm system. This wasn't that important until they made the decision not to fortify the team with free agents. How many of the touted Yankee prospects have panned out for any major league team in the recent past?

Yankee fans might not like it (hell, they will hate it), but it might be time for a total rebuild. And I don't think you can get rid of Boone without getting rid of Cashman also.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hey I got some great news Cashman just traded 2 minor leaguers I never heard of for a relief pitcher with a career 5.79 ERA . That's some great move.

This team is a joke with zero Hitting (27th in runs scored) Terrible Defense, Terrible base running, and no chance to manufacture a run when needed late in a game.

I thought the Yanks were going the way of metrics to build the team, the question is WTF kind of metrics are they using ? This is the first time in a long time I don't even want to turn on the games anymore it makes me sick to watch this mess.

Gleyber Torres is terrible both in the field and at the plate and was supposed  to be the next MLB superstar.

Gary Sanchez is beyond words at this point.

Frazier turned into pure crap and when he slows his persuit of the baseball to make diving catches its not very impressive but that's exactly what he's doing.

Stanton is always hurt 

I'm going to stop because I'm not sure why I'm even wasting my time on this totally unlikeable team that a few short years ago had so much damn promise.  100% Cashmans Fault.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:17 PM, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Yankee fan. Quite the opposite, in fact. But I will try to be objective.

Aaron Boone is not the major problem with this team. He has made some mistakes, certainly, but he can only manage the players he has been given. And Cashman has done a horrible job of putting this team together this year. To wit:

1 - building a team with so few left hand hitters in Yankee Stadium is a terrible mistake. When is the last time any of us can remember a championship Yankee team without left handed power?

2 - a general lack of athleticism throughout the team. This manifests itself in the terrible baserunning, the meh defense, and the inability to score without hitting home runs.

3  - you know Judge is going to miss lots of games. So does Stanton. Not having capable backups for these two shows a horrible lack of foresight

4 - not enough quality starting pitchers. Nuff said. And the bullpen has been absolutely horrible. Yes bad luck having Britton get hurt and even at his age no one saw Chapman going this far south, but the rest of the pitchers have been horrible.

5 - A general overrating of the prospects in the farm system. This wasn't that important until they made the decision not to fortify the team with free agents. How many of the touted Yankee prospects have panned out for any major league team in the recent past?

Yankee fans might not like it (hell, they will hate it), but it might be time for a total rebuild. And I don't think you can get rid of Boone without getting rid of Cashman also.

Good luck getting rid of the Stanton and Cole contracts in a full rebuild 

I do agree the real problem is Cashman. Boone is just his errand boy.  It’s been time for the Yankees to move on from Cashman I doubt ownership is decisive enough to pull the trigger

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Yanks trading 4 prospects for Gallo.

Gallo sucks.  I've lived in Texas for 14 years. I've seen him a ton.   He will hit a home run in a meaningless game, and go 0-4 in any games that matter. 

Cashman has no clue how to build a baseball team. 

Another guy who strikes out a million times and is terrible with RISP?? WTF?!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yanks trading 4 prospects for Gallo.

Gallo sucks.  I've lived in Texas for 14 years. I've seen him a ton.   He will hit a home run in a meaningless game, and go 0-4 in any games that matter. 

Cashman is an absolute Idiot. Joey .211 lifetime hitter and strikeout king added to a team of lifetime .200 hitters and strikeout kings. This is becoming laughable.  I'm at the point I can't even watch this team anymore and I have never said that as a Yankee fan. This POS has more money to spend than anyone in baseball building a winner with that behind you should be an easy task baseball is not that complicated. I'm too the point where I'm actually rooting for this team to lose in a big way so the Yankees will consider removing this pile of sh*t GM before he destroys one of the best franchises in all of sports.

• Upvote 1