Justin Fields 2nd Pro Day - April 14th

Just now, football guy said:

image.png.c43e0c88a415cd4a398dd9d7c420f5ff.png

A beautiful quote. One to live by 

Again you literally think that your analysis is infallible. If it were you wouldn’t be posting on a message board. You’d be a GM since you’d get every pick right. I am informed. You just don’t like the conclusion and analysis. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Again, what are you getting at...? I don't think anyone has ever refuted this.

So you are accepting that it is possible that Fields is a better prospect if that’s what the results bare out? Or is the only explanation for him being more productive a better situation, etc. 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

That’s your opinion. And I’m speaking as someone who likes Zach Wilson. 

OK so let's put it this way. This informed opinion, one that is supported by every NFL team, every QB guru, every verified analytic used to evaluate players... vs. what exactly? This argument is going nowhere and starting to feel like this: 

image.png.fcc9e21e145bc2e5ef008abacd31f15e.png

• Thumb Down 6
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, TheMo said:

So you are accepting that it is possible that Fields is a better prospect if that’s what the results bare out? Or is the only explanation for him being more productive a better situation, etc. 

No. I'm accepting that it's entirely possible Justin Fields develops into a better player. Just as Dak Prescott developed into a better player than Andrew Luck. No one in their right mind would say "Dak Prescott was a better prospect than Andrew Luck", would they?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

So you now have access to every NFL teams board? You are accusing others of extremism and in the last post you basically said not a single source of expertise disagrees with you. That is basically tribalism. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

No. I'm accepting that it's entirely possible Justin Fields develops into a better player. Just as Dak Prescott developed into a better player than Andrew Luck. No one in their right mind would say "Dak Prescott was a better prospect than Andrew Luck", would they?

Trubisky over Watson. The bears clearly thought he was the better prospect. Should the GM be pounding his chest saying he was the better prospect at the time. I think not. 

6 minutes ago, TheMo said:

To accept no possibility of ones own error is a boundless level of egotism. 

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Again, what are you getting at...? I don't think anyone has ever refuted this.

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

No, I'm not wrong about him as a prospect.  

image.gif.bf696e1ea4fc44027adb865bc348895d.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, TheMo said:

So you now have access to every NFL teams board? You are accusing others of extremism and in the last post you basically said not a single source of expertise disagrees with you. That is basically tribalism. 

Developing perspectives by individually researching every film, analytic, and statistical metric available, vetting every reputable insider, scout, agent, draft analyst or front office personnel member who have publicly or privately went on record with their own evaluations stating Wilson is a superior prospect to Fields (all of which who have Zach Wilson as QB1 or QB2) in order to confirm and finalize a stance on a specific prospect is not tribalism; it's acknowledging realities. I'm not "taking a side"... I've clearly expressed time and time again where I see Justin Fields succeeding, where I see him failing, and what I think is best for his career based on my own knowledge and opinions derived from years of studying the game, as well as asking people who are smarter than me and being open minded about what they have to say... just as I've done with every QB prospect AND Sam Darnold for that matter. I'm not "bashing" Fields... I'm simply acknowledging his flaws and furthermore, acknowledging his flaws present-day are far more prevalent/potentially detrimental than the others. That doesn't make me a tribalist. It also doesn't make you a tribalist for having a different perspective. I'd argue it makes you not informed but that's neither here nor there; the goal isn't about getting into a pissing contest of who knows what, rather, pleading that we drop the tribalist/decisive narrative that people who see things a certain way, especially a certain way that is fairly widely accepted as true, are tribalists for it. 

I've been told that the Jets may even ultimately place Zach Wilson as the top player on their board. Using that info, to confirm a takeaway from watching the live games and tape is not tribalism... Gil Brandt vetted 23 teams. All 23 had both Wilson and Lawrence as the top 2 QBs. It. Is. Not. Tribalism. 

What we can conclude here tonight is that you, sir, have no idea what tribalism is. At least we've come to a conclusion on something. Again, some of the people in the Fields corner almost come off as conspiracy theorists. I can say 2 + 2 = 4 and I have a feeling someone will say, "you're a tribalist for believing that, we believe 2 + 2 = 5 that's our opinion." 

Please, give the tribalist sh*t a rest. It's stupid. Have a good night

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Again you literally think that your analysis is infallible. If it were you wouldn’t be posting on a message board. You’d be a GM since you’d get every pick right. I am informed. You just don’t like the conclusion and analysis. 

I chose not to take a position in football because I didn't want to travel.

And by the way, Elon Musk posts on message boards. Maybe don't be so stereotypical about who posts on message boards and their understanding of a topic?

• Thumb Down 3

6 hours ago, derp said:

Yeah I’m aware of the Fields stat, it’s concerning as well, I was talking about Wilson. And I think the bold is an exaggeration. He wasn’t always a disaster but it was far more mixed against better teams and I think the attempted fair threads on this board and the draft board about his pressure show that pretty clearly.

Everyone is going to be worse than normal with pressure but he was better than most. I think only Jones had a higher QBR, and he was utterly exceptional. May speak to why he’s held in much higher regard in NFL circles than in the media. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31113560/2021-nfl-draft-qb-class-do-stats-match-tape-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-zach-wilson-others

6 hours ago, TheMo said:

I'm just waiting for him to drop the grand old, before you question my takes; have any of you ever played minor league baseball?  Then we can finally verify all the garbage nonsense he pulls from out of his ass, wipes the sh*t off and then tries to sell to anyone who will hear his pitch is at least, as coming from a legit source. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm just waiting for him to drop the grand old, before you question my takes; have any of you ever played minor league baseball?  Then we can finally verify all the garbage nonsense he pulls from out of his ass, wipes the sh*t off and then tries to sell to anyone who will hear his pitch is at least, as coming from a legit source. 

Football fan has contributed more in a week than in the decade plus you’ve been mouth breathing over this forum 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, QB1 said:

Football fan has contributed more in a week than in the decade plus you’ve been mouth breathing over this forum 

The Football fan?  Arent we, all, football fans?  Technically, Im not.  I'm just here because I love the presence of strange men.  It's ok if you are too.  I mean, you did send me a sexy PM's that is titled; You and in the body it says; Suck. 

lol

Very flattering PM and for that, I appreciate you.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The Football fan?  Arent we, all, football fans?  Technically, Im not.  I'm just here because I love the presence of strange men.  It's ok if you are too.  I mean, you did send me a sexy PM's that is titled; You and in the body it says; Suck. 

lol

Very flattering PM and for that, I appreciate you.

Yes I sent you a PM because you’ve been wasting your life downvoting every one of my posts for the last few days. Are you ok?  

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Yes I sent you a PM because you’ve been wasting your life downvoting every one of my posts for the last few days. Are you ok?  

I appreciate your concern but you didnt have the same care when you called me a bitch in the PM, so I'm a little thrown off.  Not sure if we're going to **** or fight but I hope it's **** because I dont like violence and I love sexy time! 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I appreciate your concern but you didnt have the same care when you called me a bitch in the PM, so I'm a little thrown off.  Not sure if we're going to **** or fight but I hope it's **** because I dont like violence and I love sexy time! 

What would you call someone that spends every waking moment thumbs downing a persons posts because they are too afraid to have a discussion on a forum? I think the term I used is appropriate.

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, football guy said:

Yeah he's prescribed and I'm pretty sure players who were prescribed at a young age/establish a pattern get some sort of waiver for it. Not exactly sure how it works but shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of players take it, becomes an issue when they don't tell the league about it and then test positive. 

Fun fact that should surprise no one: Gase used to take 120mg A DAY when he was in Miami. Like wut lol. 

The disaster of extended use of adderall can cause is so real and ****ed.

8 hours ago, TheMo said:

I seriously don't understand why you and @JiF waste your time with that fraud. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, QB1 said:

What would you call someone that spends every waking moment thumbs downing a persons posts because they are too afraid to have a discussion on a forum? I think the term I used is appropriate.

So then we're *******?  I'll bring the condoms! 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but NFL teams will be running this pro day. This won't be a scripted throwing session for Fields.

Is there any word yet if the Jets are attending?

Big Poppa Robert Saleh needs to go this time with Joe Douglas and Mike Lafleur.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Imagine being this miserable lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2