Man ... I cannot stand this guy Peter King

Dunnie

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is a lot of wishful thinking.  Yes, Gase was bad.

But the talent was awful.  Just about everyone he signed was a back-up caliber player.  I am sorry but IMO the performance of the team last year was more on the talent than the coach.

Becton did not go to the pro-bow and his rookie year performance is being way overrated by this fan base, Fant was a back-up on one of the worst lines in the league - the two starting guards were pathetic (also back-up talent).  the WR's awful- Perriman a #4 WR was brought in as our #1 - and the RB's well, ew!

The offensive roster JD put on the field last year was, well, offensive.

Not wishful thinking at all.  Gase was the worst coach in this teams history, and that is saying something.  I don't think that is really debatable. 

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Not wishful thinking at all.  Gase was the worst coach in this teams history, and that is saying something.  I don't think that is really debatable. 

It’s wishful thinking that the team really has a lot of talent and was just being held back by the HC.

If you’re expecting GVR to get more athletic or Chris Herndon to learn how to catch or Perrinne to somehow get faster you’re going to be disappointed.

It’s a bad roster and the HC isn’t gong to change that. 

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s wishful thinking that the team really has a lot of talent and was just being held back by the HC.

If you’re expecting GVR to get more athletic or Chris Herndon to learn how to catch or Perrinne to somehow get faster you’re going to be disappointed.

It’s a bad roster and the HC isn’t gong to change that. 

So Becton is Bad, Mcgovern is Bad, Fant is Bad?  That is not how they graded out.  You mention GVR but even he played better toward the end of the year.  Ty Johnson and Josh Adams aren't good players?   Herndon didn't need to learn how to catch because he did pretty well his rookie season.   Lamichael Perine doesn't need to faster, just stay healthy and he can be a productive player.  I really don't care what you say or how you spin it.  I don't think the roster that JD had last year, if healthy and coached by anyone other than Gase, would have resulted in a 2-14 horror show.   The cool thing is we don't have to go back and forth debating this as many of those players are still on the team.   Lets see how they perform this year and we will know if the roster was as bad as you say.   

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

If the case you’re making is that he liked Wilson over TL before the Jets were rumored to take Wilson #2 & now he’s doing this.

maybe it’s not a mistake at all? Maybe it’s because it’s the Jets making the pick. Ever think of that? Or do you just hate the Wilson pick so much you have to make up your own reasoning?

Peter King loves that we’re drafting Wilson 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Gase was the worst coach in this teams history, and that is saying something.  I don't think that is really debatable. 

How long have you followed the team? Because the depth of ineptitude we have witnessed over the decades is without bounds. I think there are challengers for that crown and plenty of room for debate.

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So Becton is Bad, Mcgovern is Bad, Fant is Bad?  That is not how they graded out.  You mention GVR but even he played better toward the end of the year.  Ty Johnson and Josh Adams aren't good players?   Herndon didn't need to learn how to catch because he did pretty well his rookie season.   Lamichael Perine doesn't need to faster, just stay healthy and he can be a productive player.  I really don't care what you say or how you spin it.  I don't think the roster that JD had last year, if healthy and coached by anyone other than Gase, would have resulted in a 2-14 horror show.   The cool thing is we don't have to go back and forth debating this as many of those players are still on the team.   Lets see how they perform this year and we will know if the roster was as bad as you say.   

Well, I really hope we don't have a chance to find out about a lot of them - as they shouldn't be starters on an NFL roster.

Never said Becton wasn't a good player - I hope he'll be very good.  He had a solid rookie season, but it was a rookie season - he got beat more than you would like to see and injured too often - he should be better this year.  I think he will be.

Yes, Fant is bad.  McGovern is hot and cold -  basically the kind of guy you would like as the weak link on your line (but starting caliber) Ty Johsnon and Josh Adams - they are not good players, not terrible but JAGS, back-up level players. Perine is slow and will be ineffective.  

This is a 5 to 6 win roster right now - a bit more injury free, the upgrade at WR#2, upgrade at QB and better coaching gets you the extra 3 or 4 wins.. 

Look, I hope you'r'e right and I'm wrong.  That all of these awful players from last year are really very good and when JD signed them from their back-up roles elsewhere to start for the Jets - he saw something special in them but their continued back-up level play was simply due to Adam Gase.  I would LOVE for you to be right.  I'll be cheering right along with you for that to be the case..

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How long have you followed the team? Because the depth of ineptitude we have witnessed over the decades is without bounds. I think there are challengers for that crown and plenty of room for debate.

Gase and Bowles both give Kotite a run for his money

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Coslet was just mediocre.  Gase, Kotite, Bowles - those 3 are in the Mount Rushmore of Horrible NFL Head Coaches along with Marty Morhinweg and Hue Jackson 

I don't think Bowles makes it. He's serviceable. I think with a good gm and staff (no more bff coordinator) Bowles surprises if he gets another shot.

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I don't think Bowles makes it. He's serviceable. I think with a good gm and staff (no more bff coordinator) Bowles surprises if he gets another shot.

Bowles is just a classic case of being better suited as a defensive coordinator.  He was literally lost as a head coach

Which is more than one can say for Gase and Kotite because they both sucked as offensive coordinators in addition to being disastrous head coaches

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I am 62 and have seen them all since WeB Eubanks and yes, there has never been anyone as incompetent as GASE imho. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Which is funny because the same people that were quick to pull the Gase trigger are giving Douglas every benefit of every doubt even though he took a 7-9 team and made it 2-14.

Which is it, you wanted Gase to be retained or fired?

You cant seem to make up your mind

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am 62 and have seen them all since WeB Eubanks and yes, there has never been anyone as incompetent as GASE imho. 

Undiciplined, unprepared, unable to adapt, unimaginative, sloppy football doesnt appeal to your senses? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We do have the same general manager that surrounded Sam Darnold with other team's backups on the OL, let our only talented WR walk away for nothing and fielded the worst group of offensive players I've, honestly, ever seen.

You can make all the excuses you want for JD but as of right now he's added a #2 WR to the worst offense in the NFL - and hasn't upgraded the worst OL I've ever seen.

A lot can change between now and then but as of right now Peter King has every right to question what the Jets will do to support Zach Wilson.

Yes, but we do not know how good or bad any of these players were on O due to the poor coaching, scheme, game plans, adjustments or lack thereof, etc.

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Share...

1) He believed in Sam, but didn't see enough of a QB bringing the players up rather than needing more around him

2) He didn't want to throw big money like, oh I don't know, every GM the Jets have had, at a problem.  Bur rather wanted to do things like, oh I don't know, one of the more successful franchises in the NFL like one of the teams he came from (Baltimore).

3) He signed for 6 years knowing he was going to need at least three before we'd have a winning season thanks to the mess his predecessors left

4) He didn't go after high-priced FA's because of a COVID-effected season...

Enough already.  Look, you have your views on Douglas, I have mine.  But considering this was a thread about Peter King and it wound up being ANOTHER topic hi-jacked to discuss JD's failings.........

19 hours ago, freestater said:

I'd contend it's the idiot who'd take time out of their day to lecture someone on a football message board for an off-hand joke about a mostly disliked media figure.

They're the worst. 

I’d disagree.  You don’t like what someone wrote, so you sh*t talk their looks.  How insecure must you be?