Man ... I cannot stand this guy Peter King

Dunnie

37 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Patriots fluffer and Jets hater is now confused as to how to keep himself busy now that the Pats are out of the picture.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah but Pete!!!!  This time, it's different!!!

It’s so not different, it’s practically identical minus the hopefully improve coaching staff. Wilson seems to be more accurate but the majority of what he does well with his off balanced throwing on the run and backyard ball seems pretty similar  to one Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

We do have the same general manager that surrounded Sam Darnold with other team's backups on the OL, let our only talented WR walk away for nothing and fielded the worst group of offensive players I've, honestly, ever seen.

You can make all the excuses you want for JD but as of right now he's added a #2 WR to the worst offense in the NFL - and hasn't upgraded the worst OL I've ever seen.

A lot can change between now and then but as of right now Peter King has every right to question what the Jets will do to support Zach Wilson.

We dont have the same GM who fell in love with Darnold and picked him.  You have no idea, maybe if JD was here in 2018 he drafts Allen.  

You make it sound like Darnold was good with Macc as GM and then JD came in and ruined him.  Or that you could see how good he would be with a better OL whatever.  It wasnt the OL that held Sam back last year.  

Still none of what you posted has anything to do with how Wilson plays, how talented he is.  

• Upvote 4

okay, so he's using past performance to make some sort of comment about the jets future performance.  we all do it in some fashion or another.  but what he does ignore is maybe the relative competence of douglas/saleh vice mac/bowles, or herm/bradway, or rex,/tanny or mangini/tanny etc.  any of those pairs better?  in my opinion maybe mangini/tanny was a good combination.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

It's just easy, lazy journalism. Instead of evaluating the current GM, HC, OC and QB Prospect, it's easy to just say "lol Jets." Unfortunately, that lazy journalism has worked over the years so I can see why these morons have been trained to use it. What's comical is that King is basically admitting to it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

This is how it will be, until the Jets find a stud QB.

And it is always 'the Jets', like we're some fixed entity, where those responsible for the selections of Darnold, Smith, Sanchez, Petty, Hackenberg, etc. are somehow involved in the evaluation of Wilson. The Jets will always be the 'same old Jets' until we are not. 

A bigger problem than our failure to develop QBs, is our inability to evaluate them properly in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

He's a Patriots fan. Not sure what you expect.

This clown Peter King was one of the people in the media raving hysterical about Wilson > Lawrence and now he’s doing this

He knows the jets are repeating the same mistakes and he loves it

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Patriots fans more than anyone should understand that all it takes to turn a franchise from a laughing stock into a crown jewel is 1 QB and a component Head Coach.

Well yeah if that QB is the greatest football player ever that’s all it takes

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We dont have the same GM who fell in love with Darnold and picked him.  You have no idea, maybe if JD was here in 2018 he drafts Allen.  

You make it sound like Darnold was good with Macc as GM and then JD came in and ruined him.  Or that you could see how good he would be with a better OL whatever.  It wasnt the OL that held Sam back last year.  

Still none of what you posted has anything to do with how Wilson plays, how talented he is.  

He's referencing the past --- Currently we have a GM that put the worst offense in the NFL on the field.  The least talented skill players and worst OL.

I think we can all agree that a young QB needs a quality surrounding cast if you expect him to develop (maybe you don't think that) 

We just don't know if JD will or is capable of doing that - currently the only data we have is that he's not particularly good at it.

Agree that the data we have is very small - and the hope is he does a better job than he did last year or has done through FA this year so far...but if you're on the outside looking in - like Peter King is what has he seen to say that JD will all of a sudden know how to support his young QB?  He's taken a reasonable position.

Heck, the majority of the fans on this board still want to draft defense early.  It's insane to me, but they do...and then wonder why our QB's fail.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s so not different, it’s practically identical minus the hopefully improve coaching staff. Wilson seems to be more accurate but the majority of what he does well with his off balanced throwing on the run and backyard ball seems pretty similar  to one Sam Darnold. 

He wasn’t being serious. He was being a jokester. If it was Fields most likely going to the Jets, he would of been serious.

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

This clown Peter King was one of the people in the media raving hysterical about Wilson > Lawrence and now he’s doing this

He knows the jets are repeating the same mistakes and he loves it

If the case you’re making is that he liked Wilson over TL before the Jets were rumored to take Wilson #2 & now he’s doing this.

maybe it’s not a mistake at all? Maybe it’s because it’s the Jets making the pick. Ever think of that? Or do you just hate the Wilson pick so much you have to make up your own reasoning?

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We do have the same general manager that surrounded Sam Darnold with other team's backups on the OL, let our only talented WR walk away for nothing and fielded the worst group of offensive players I've, honestly, ever seen.

You can make all the excuses you want for JD but as of right now he's added a #2 WR to the worst offense in the NFL - and hasn't upgraded the worst OL I've ever seen.

A lot can change between now and then but as of right now Peter King has every right to question what the Jets will do to support Zach Wilson.

BINGOOOOOO

58 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Layering in the pre-excuses for Zach Wilson like prepping a fine lasagna

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2