Will Cobra Kai Zach have a better season than Sammy the Pickinpaw?

Just now, Slikmojet! said:

Sam will be going on his 4th season now, he has the edge in experience, Zach will start game one just like Sam did as a rookie, who will end up with the better season? And who has the better weapons?

One plays QB, one does not. Why would you compare players at different positions?

• WTF? 1

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really hate people crapping all over Sam. Obviously it wasn’t the results we all wanted but the dude was nothing but a class act while he was here and even though he made some boneheaded plays he was a tough kid. He just ultimately didn’t deliver us to the promise land. 

im not rooting against him at all, I hope he kills it in Carolina. 

but some of the takes not just in this thread but others are pretty god awful and just overall suck. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really hate people crapping all over Sam. Obviously it wasn’t the results we all wanted but the dude was nothing but a class act while he was here and even though he made some boneheaded plays he was a tough kid. He just ultimately didn’t deliver us to the promise land. 

but some of the takes not just in this thread but others are pretty god awful and just overall suck. 

That's fair. I'll take the other side of the coin - Honestly? I'm sort of tired of trying to listen to Jets fan after Jets fan talk while their tongue is still firmly up Sam's ass. 

For one thing, we don't want Carolina to do well because we have two of their draft picks next year. 

Also, Sam wasn't blameless for his poor play here. He had a bad supporting cast and Gase was an atrocious hire but he had also regressed terribly by the end of his NYJ tenure, playing the worst football of his career in year 3. 

Lastly, we traded him to a decent team with a decent supporting cast and kissed his ass publicly on the way out the door. The trade was win-win for both Sam and the Jets. (How many QBs get another chance to start right away with another organization after playing as badly as Sam played for 38 games here?)

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Wah wah wah

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

That's fair. I'll take the other side of the coin - Honestly? I'm sort of tired of trying to listen to Jets fan after Jets fan talk while their tongue is still firmly up Sam's ass. 
For one thing, we don't want Carolina to do well because we have two of their draft picks next year. 
Also, Sam wasn't blameless for his poor play here. He had a bad supporting cast and Gase was an atrocious hire but he had also regressed terribly by the end of his NYJ tenure, playing the worst football of his career in year 3. 
Lastly, we traded him to a decent team with a decent supporting cast and kissed his ass publicly on the way out the door. The trade was win-win for both the Sam and the Jets. (How many QBs get another chance to start right away with another organization after playing as badly as Sam played for 38 games here?)
THANK YOU!!!!!

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, these nicknames have officially jumped the shark.

People desperate to get “their” nickname to stick

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Lastly, we traded him to a decent team with a decent supporting cast and kissed his ass publicly on the way out the door. The trade was win-win for both Sam and the Jets. (How many QBs get another chance to start right away with another organization after playing as badly as Sam played for 38 games here?)

Ding ding ding. 

If Sam turns it around it’ll be one of if not the biggest turnarounds in NFL history. The only comp is Gannon... who didn’t look like an NFL starter until SEASON 13. Who wants to wait ten years for a 0.02% chance for something to happen?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I actually agree with everything you mentioned for the most part. 

ovviously I want the best draft pick return possible so I too would rather the team suck as a whole. I was just trying to convey I liked the person, and I don’t want to see his candle burn out in this league. 

and I absolutely agree that he isn’t exempt from  blame. A large part was the ineptitude of this organization to support him but he had his fair share of bonehead plays and lack of field vision almost weekly

couldnt agree more that it was a win win for each team and the player.