What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

19 hours ago, pointman said:

Sam. Darnold. Winning 10 games. As a QB. In the NFL.

Brad Pitt Laughing GIF

Already have said there’s a good chance Baker Mayfield has already won more games than Darnold does for his career as a starter.

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you and others who are living by the "who has turned it around.  The odds are long" idea have an idea of how few, if any of those failed QBs have been in the same situation that Darnold was in?  I've asked before, no one ever answers this simple question:

Name the QB, any one, just one who shares the Darnold scenario.  Get drafted 3rd overall.  Play three seasons have no improvements made by way of the draft or any way to the teams OL, WRs, RBs & TE until your last season.  While all units are ranked bottom of the NFL.  Not a star to be found anywhere

In reality no one has had it as bad as Darnold, like it or not.  Now it all may mean squat when its said and done.  But to compare him to others who were in far different situations and try and claim the odds are the same for Sam is pointless.  At the end of the day we had no choice but to move on and I admit it doesnt look that encouraging for him but other than when he plays us its no skin off my ass if he does well.  

Whats the list now Darnold, Adams, Geno, Chad, who else are we supposed to wish the worst? 

Guess who else looks like crap on Jets last 3 years? A crappy QB. You think Darnold is an outlier than what about him makes it so? 

This is why sample sizes are important. Through the power of statistics we do not have to account for the specific situations of every individual in the sample to give the likelihood of a turnaround. The list Jetsfan80 provided is massive. It’s very compelling.

And we know what a good QB on a bad team looks like. Joe Burrow. He didn’t win a lot of games but isn’t the difference between him and Sam just obvious?

Darnold has never taken over a game or made anyone look better. He just sucks and the chance of him ever not sucking is very low.

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Already have said there’s a good chance Baker Mayfield has already won more games than Darnold does for his career as a starter.

Guess who else looks like crap on Jets last 3 years? A crappy QB. You think Darnold is an outlier than what about him makes it so? 

Do you know what a good QB on a bad team looks like? Joe Burrow.

Darnold has never taken over a game or made anyone look better. He just sucks.

Honestly? The chances of Sam having as many career wins as Baker does until now... not good. Once the Panthers see Sam isn't it (week 8 tops) they will move on from him and maybe a third team takes a flyer for a backup job. Sam isn't in the league when he's 30. I am being generous saying 30. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Honestly? The chances of Sam having as many career wins as Baker does until now... not good. Once the Panthers see Sam isn't it (week 8 tops) they will move on from him and maybe a third time takes a flyer for a backup job. Sam isn't in the league when he's 30. I am being generous saying 30. 

Carolina almost trapped into playing him… that $20 million 5th year option… zoinks. Should’ve had him play this year and if he played well and won’t sign a deal, franchise him (only like $5m more than the option) and you get to make that decision after seeing him for a year. A terrible risk taken by CAR front office on this one. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Carolina almost trapped into playing him… that $20 million 5th year option… zoinks. Should’ve had him play this year and if he played well and won’t sign a deal, franchise him (only like $5m more than the option) and you get to make that decision after seeing him for a year. A terrible risk taken by CAR front office on this one. 

They are trying to justify their actions of bringing him on board. Their time in the front office is almost up. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

They are trying to justify their actions of bringing up on board. Their time in the front office is almost up. 

There’s almost no upside. $5M savings over a tag in 2022? Just from cost/benefit perspective seems really dumb.

Edit: just looked it up, projected QB franchise number for 2022 is 28M. So Panthers are risking 20 to maybe save 8, straight up no odds. Crazy.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, pointman said:

I would say that I will remember this post for when Sam falls on his face again, but I won't. Be sure to admit to your odd, undying, unrequited love for Sam once he does inevitably suck again. 

Are you missing what I said and let your dumb hatred of every ex jet numb you into believing that I even hinted to unrequited love of Sam?  You find something I said that wasnt true, prove that yes after being drafted 3 overall the jets built an offense around him.  And again, go all out illiterate and skip where I said it’s a long shot or however I worded it that he becomes anything.  So hold onto what I wrote, don’t dispute it and ignore the final conclusion I laid out

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you and I assume others who can’t read missing what I said and let your dumb hatred of every ex jet numb you into believing that I even hinted to unrequited love of Sam?  You find something I said that wasnt true, prove that yes after being drafted 3 overall the jets built an offense around him.  

Tom Cruise What GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

Are you that confused?  Find the parts where I’m wrong and then argue missing the last part where I said he’s probably done.  
Or move on, you’re saving my post and that’s cute and all

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you that confused?  Find the parts where I’m wrong and then argue missing the last part where I said he’s probably done.  

You’re wrong about everything because it’s all built on the flawed premise that because Sam was in a bad situation, he must actually be good.

You claim you agree his turnaround is a long shot then why are you so worked up that others think the same thing?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Confused by that gibberish that you wrote? Yup.  lol. You talk like you're someone's superior. Sam has proven he is not good. There is nothing supporting that he is good or will ever be good. You put in the leg work and report back to me, 1000 words or less on why Sam can become something based on facts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You’re wrong about everything because it’s all built on the flawed premise that because Sam was in a bad situation, he must actually be good.

You claim you agree his turnaround is a long shot then why are you so worked up that others think the same thing?

Don't bother. His blind love is sad more than it is comical. Let him have his unrequited love. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you and others who are living by the "who has turned it around.  The odds are long" idea have an idea of how few, if any of those failed QBs have been in the same situation that Darnold was in?  I've asked before, no one ever answers this simple question:

Name the QB, any one, just one who shares the Darnold scenario.  Get drafted 3rd overall.  Play three seasons have no improvements made by way of the draft or any way to the teams OL, WRs, RBs & TE until your last season.  While all units are ranked bottom of the NFL.  Not a star to be found anywhere

In reality no one has had it as bad as Darnold, like it or not.  Now it all may mean squat when its said and done.  But to compare him to others who were in far different situations and try and claim the odds are the same for Sam is pointless.  At the end of the day we had no choice but to move on and I admit it doesnt look that encouraging for him but other than when he plays us its no skin off my ass if he does well.  

Whats the list now Darnold, Adams, Geno, Chad, who else are we supposed to wish the worst? 

Yes, because that's the only way to argue Darnold won't turn it around:  Find an exact replica of his circumstances.  That's the only way to be able to confidently predict he'll fail at his 2nd stop. 

Nearly 40 starts of dogsh*t performance after dogsh*t performance and we still have takes like these.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, genot said:

Some of thos QB's listed didnt fail because of on field performance. That's not a sully variable 

Some, perhaps.  How about the other 60 or so I listed?

Some QB's just suck at being a QB, you know.  It doesn't take mental gymnastics or analyzing all of their circumstances to see that.  QBing is hard.  Very few can do it well.  It's OK to admit when one sucks.  Very few don't suck.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jgb said:

And see youre wrong because I never even came close to saying anything like that.  I ended the whole  response with its probably too late for him.  I dont think hes going to turn it around but it not because we should compare him to others who failed and didnt turn it around.  

I didnt claim anything, you need to get off thinking I did and read exactly what I said and that would be it.  Im not worked up, you and whoever wants to call be a Darnold defender or whatever they gathered by not being able to read

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Confused by that gibberish that you wrote? Yup.  lol. You talk like you're someone's superior. Sam has proven he is not good. There is nothing supporting that he is good or will ever be good. You put in the leg work and report back to me, 1000 words or less on why Sam can become something based on facts. 

It was pretty simple, even for those like you.  I simply said he was drafted 3rd overall and then for two whole years the Jets did nothing to better the WRS, RBS, TES and OL.  Want to dispute it, go ahead.  

I said that and hes probably beyond turning it around.   Want to dispute that?

From this you seemed to somehow made some big man threat that you would pull this out and show it to me when he failed in Carolina.  Wooooo, I'm shacking on that one.  Now your still telling me there is nothing to support the idea that he can ever be good as if I need convincing to need you to keep repeating yourself like a parrot.   And actual want 1000 words or less why you haver reading comprehension problems 

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because that's the only way to argue Darnold won't turn it around:  Find an exact replica of his circumstances.  That's the only way to be able to confidently predict he'll fail at his 2nd stop. 

Nearly 40 starts of dogsh*t performance after dogsh*t performance and we still have takes like these.

I gave the scenario that he played under.  Its a fact that people seem to want to argue over.

That he played poorly over his career doesnt make the lack of support he was given go away any more than it gives some kind of indication that with that support he would have been good

Everyone is so hell bend on trashing the kid that they lost their ability to discuss the situation he was in

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I gave the scenario that he played under.  Its a fact that people seem to want to argue over.

That he played poorly over his career doesnt make the lack of support he was given go away any more than it gives some kind of indication that with that support he would have been good

Everyone is so hell bend on trashing the kid that they lost their ability to discuss the situation he was in

We all recognize his situation was bad.  That does not make him good.  We have nearly 40 games of sample dissecting his play and showing he was also bad, and his circumstances weren't the only reason he was bad.  

The odds of him ever being good are extremely low, and the burden of proof is on him (or, in the meantime, while we wait on games to be played, it falls on his defenders) to demonstrate he's secretly good.  Savvy?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And see youre wrong because I never even came close to saying anything like that.  I ended the whole  response with its probably too late for him.  I dont think hes going to turn it around but it not because we should compare him to others who failed and didnt turn it around.  

I didnt claim anything, you need to get off thinking I did and read exactly what I said and that would be it.  Im not worked up, you and whoever wants to call be a Darnold defender or whatever they gathered by not being able to read

Then why are you violently agreeing? Nah, you don’t think it’s too late. That’s a throw away line to save you from bump embarrassment. Otherwise you wouldn’t be so emotional fighting with people who say he’s not a good QB.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We all recognize his situation was bad.  That does not make him good.  We have nearly 40 games of sample dissecting his play and showing he was also bad, and his circumstances weren't the only reason he was bad.  

The odds of him ever being good are extremely low, and the burden of proof is on him (or, in the meantime, while we wait on games to be played, it falls on his defenders) to demonstrate he's secretly good.  Savvy?

Why are you trying to convince me,  I never said anything close to this.  

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Then why are you violently agreeing? Nah, you don’t think it’s too late. That’s a throw away line to save you from bump embarrassment. Otherwise you wouldn’t be so emotional fighting with people who say he’s not a good QB.

What else do I think?

Do me a favor, dont twist my words and then lecture me on what you want to believe I've said.  I'm saying he probably wont be good to save myself from bump embarrassment?  LOL, you take all of this way too seriously.  

If you cant comprehend what I wrote, check out already.  Im not playing this stupid game youre playing anymore.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  Or better yet using your crystal ball to claim you know what I really meant even though I said something completely different.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What else do I think?

Do me a favor, dont twist my words and then lecture me on what you want to believe I've said.  I'm saying he probably wont be good to save myself from bump embarrassment?  LOL, you take all of this way too seriously.  

If you cant comprehend what I wrote, check out already.  Im not playing this stupid game youre playing anymore.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  Or better yet using your crystal ball to claim you know what I really meant even though I said something completely different.  

Methinks thou doth protest too much. This is not the behavior of someone who agrees that Sam is unlikely to ever be a good quarterback in the NFL. You just wouldn't be fighting this hard and this passionately and calling others you claim to agree with "idiots" if you really believed that. You own your words, I own how I perceive them. Welcome to public discourse. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Instead of trying to make a case why the low success rate percentage of QBs who started their careers poorly should not apply to Darnold, his defenders spend all their energy desperately trying to puff up the numerator in that equation. Very telling. In my line of work we call that a tacit admission.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Methinks thou doth protest too much. This is not the behavior of someone who agrees that Sam is unlikely to ever be a good quarterback in the NFL. You just wouldn't be fighting this hard and this passionately and calling others you claim to agree with "idiots" if you really believed that. You own your words, I own how I perceive them. Welcome to public discourse. 

Blah, blah, blah.  

Yeah, this proves your fantasy of somehow taking all I've written and twisted it from I dont think he'll turn it around into I'm saying this to protect myself in the future if he does fail.

You take this whole internet and yourself way too seriously.  You can believe whatever the F you want, you're still wrong with all of this.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's a discussion forum. His reasons are in the definition of the thing.

And thinking that you can just decide what you believe someone is thinking when they say the opposite isnt a discussion, its pure bullshlt.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Blah, blah, blah.  

Yeah, this proves your fantasy of somehow taking all I've written and twisted it from I dont think he'll turn it around into I'm saying this to protect myself in the future if he does fail.

You take this whole internet and yourself way too seriously.  You can believe whatever the F you want, you're still wrong with all of this.

I bet you don't see the irony of saying others are taking things too seriously.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And thinking that you can just decide what you believe someone is thinking when they say the opposite isnt a discussion, its pure bullshlt.  

What can I say, it's a gift.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It was pretty simple, even for those like you.  I simply said he was drafted 3rd overall and then for two whole years the Jets did nothing to better the WRS, RBS, TES and OL.  Want to dispute it, go ahead.  

I said that and hes probably beyond turning it around.   Want to dispute that?

From this you seemed to somehow made some big man threat that you would pull this out and show it to me when he failed in Carolina.  Wooooo, I'm shacking on that one.  Now your still telling me there is nothing to support the idea that he can ever be good as if I need convincing to need you to keep repeating yourself like a parrot.   And actual want 1000 words or less why you haver reading comprehension problems 

Your broken, incomplete nonsensical sentences are on you. Your lack of education shows, so don't sit there and start acting like you're above others. Don't project and get personal and insulting. You can pretend to do better. Being angry is on you. And the 1000 words line, was a joke on telling people what to do and me reciprocating. I know, over your head. Here is me hand feeding it to you. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What else do I think?

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Your broken English is on you. Don't project and get personal and insulting. You can pretend to do better. Being angry is on you. 

I've never seen someone claim to agree so disagreeably lol

• Haha 2