What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pro Football Focus has the Panthers offensive line ranked No. 31 in the league. ESPN is projecting that their pass block win rate is only going to be 56%, which would rank No. 27.

HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Can u imagine what Saleh is going to dial up for Sammy week 1?  My goodness.  He is going to get hit, sacked, and will fumble and throw picks as well.  It will be a bloodbath for him.

And so it begins 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bradshaw may be real life dumb but I somehow doubt he completely lacked football IQ.  There is a difference....

And Rosen was supposed to be soooo smart but is a ding dong on the gridiron. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, jgb said:

So you accepted then tried to add conditions after the acceptance. Dastardly.

The condition I made-paying out  to your charity if Darnold does not start at least 8 wins in a 10 win or more Panther season-place no burden on you at all. Heck, if the Panthers win 11 and only 7 of those wins were started by Darnold, under the rules of the bet YOU would have to pay out.  After the condition I added, I would have to pay out.

What   could possibly be your objection?

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pro Football Focus has the Panthers offensive line ranked No. 31 in the league. ESPN is projecting that their pass block win rate is only going to be 56%, which would rank No. 27.

HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Can u imagine what Saleh is going to dial up for Sammy week 1?  My goodness.  He is going to get hit, sacked, and will fumble and throw picks as well.  It will be a bloodbath for him.

Can’t wait! 

554DE4CB-887B-49F2-A706-4D9813B50F58.gif

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

i can see sam fans getting there excuses ready. lol

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, doitny said:

i can see sam fans getting there excuses ready. lol

Yep. Pre-excuses getting lined up. Just wait until you see the contortions they twist themselves into to explain why Teddy performed better than Sam, even though CMAC missed basically the entire season in 2020.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, jgb said:

Yep. Pre-excuses getting lined up. Just wait until you see the contortions they twist themselves into to explain why Teddy performed better than Sam, even though CMAC missed basically the entire season in 2020.

image.png.78c9c7769b6a10d6e311dd418f7ffb2e.png

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 9:12 PM, jgb said:

It was probably meant as satire but I actually agree with him. Sam is LUCKY to have been on a terrible Jets team. That “poor little Sammy” narrative convinced Carolina to foolishly trigger his 5th year option for $20M. If Sam spent the last 3 seasons anywhere else, he’d be on the Rosen/Trubisky pathway now. A backup somewhere having to prove himself. That $20M he is now guaranteed will probably represent like 80% of his future earnings in the sport.

He's going to wreste  the  Pat Hadden Trophy for richest USC QB NFL washout  doing  TV away from Leinart and Sanchez, probably by 2023. 

• Upvote 3

Are you two finished gloating yet?

You-or rather, your charities-will be paid when Darnold winning six-or even possibly four-more games this year is mathematically eliminated. We don't know how long Darnold is out for, whether it's the whole season or what, so as long as there is a chance of him coming back and playing four more games the bet is still not theoretically won.

This includes the possibility of other QBs doing well,, getting injured, and Darnold thereby reclaiming his starting position  and winning additional games both in the season in the playoffs.  Those theoretically possible playoff games he could start would count toward Darnold's total wins this year.  Don't forget that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

You-or rather, your charities-will be paid when Darnold winning six-or even possibly four-more games this year is mathematically eliminated. We don't know how long Darnold is out for, whether it's the whole season or what, so as long as there is a chance of him coming back and playing six more games the bet is still not theoretically won.

This includes the possibility of other QBs doing well,, getting injured, and Darnold thereby reclaiming his starting position  and winning additional games both in the season in the playoffs.  Those theoretically possible playoff games he could start would count toward Darnold's total wins this year.  Don't forget that.

lmao.

And no, we won’t be finished gloating for a long time.  

Gloating is much easier when there are still Darnold defenders out there, btw.  Admitting he just sucks and always sucked is an easy way to make that stop.  But alas, we all know you won’t ever do that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

You-or rather, your charities-will be paid when Darnold winning six-or even possibly four-more games this year is mathematically eliminated. We don't know how long Darnold is out for, whether it's the whole season or what, so as long as there is a chance of him coming back and playing four more games the bet is still not theoretically won.

No, not done. Yet another Darnold defender trying to invoke the mercy rule while leaving yet another out that will allow them to re-enter the fight if conditions improve in their favor.

Unconditional surrender are our terms.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.

And no, we won’t be finished gloating for a long time.  

Gloating is much easier when there are still Darnold defenders out there, btw.  Admitting he just sucks and always sucked is an easy way to make that stop.  But alas, we all know you won’t ever do that. 

Oh don’t worry he will pay because he’s an honorable dude but you better be damn sure he will argue it’s not an indictment of Darnold that he lost the bet. This is of course after fighting me tooth and nail when the bet was made when I pointed out that this isn’t actually a Darnold bet at all.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i forgot about this bet. lol

Sam will never play there again. even if Cam gets hurt. the fan base would revolt.

easy money.

and yes were going to gloat, just like you guys would....just like you guys DID when Sam was 3-0.

Yeah exactly from gloating braying donkeys to now playing victim and begging for it all just to go away. Naw, not anytime soon.

• Sympathy 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, jgb said:

Checking in on the bet @kelticwizard and @Jetsfan80

Panthers need to achieve 7-2 to hit the over (6-3 results in a push). Under still looking good but a lot changes in Carolina.

This is why I said several times a Panthers W/L bet isn't a Darnold bet.

Time to pay up, @kelticwizard. I’m cool with your word that you honored the bet. @Jetsfan80 may need a receipt ;) 

• Haha 2

On 12/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, jgb said:

Keltic avoiding the bet thread. He better not stiff our charities.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, jgb said:

Time to pay up, @kelticwizard. I’m cool with your word that you honored the bet. @Jetsfan80 may need a receipt ;) 

Ahem.  Something terrible has occurred.   A convivial member with whom I made a friendly charity bet has been transformed into a shrieking harpy constantly demanding payment for a bet which, for the moment, has not been won by either side.

The bet:  Carolina wins 10 games this year with Sam Darnold starting at least 8 of the wins.  Presently, Sam has started four victories.  Remaining is four regular season games and up to four playoff games.  According to the NFL, the only National Conference team presently eliminated from the playoffs is the Detroit Lions. Until such times as the Panthers are eliminated from the playoffs, (if they ever are), there is sufficient time for Sam and the Panthers to fulfill those requirements.

8 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Ahem.  Something terrible has occurred.   A convivial member with whom I made a friendly charity bet has been transformed into a shrieking harpy constantly demanding payment for a bet which, for the moment, has not been won by either side.

The bet:  Carolina wins 10 games this year with Sam Darnold starting at least 8 of the wins.  Presently, Sam has started four victories.  Remaining is four regular season games and up to four playoff games.  According to the NFL, the only National Conference team presently eliminated from the playoffs is the Detroit Lions. Until such times as the Panthers are eliminated from the playoffs, (if they ever are), there is sufficient time for Sam and the Panthers to fulfill those requirements.

No, I have predicted -- correctly, unfortunately -- that you'd try to weasel out. But hey, if you stiff the Red Cross, that's on you.

image.thumb.png.570259d702a86973ee693f104d467cf8.png

6 hours ago, jgb said:

This post didn't age well.

If it was an honest mistake and you just forget, just say that.

this is from 7/14 so i have forgotten what this was about. But i wouldn't just make something up so in all likeliness you went bad on a bet and i guess you must of went bad on a another bet we made or one I know of to give me the impression it was a pattern. Because my comment certainly seems to imply this is a pattern. 

BUT if i did forget something I would just say it. What bet did you not make good on?

11 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

this is from 7/14 so i have forgotten what this was about. But i wouldn't just make something up so in all likeliness you went bad on a bet and i guess you must of went bad on a another bet we made or one I know of to give me the impression it was a pattern. Because my comment certainly seems to imply this is a pattern. 

BUT if i did forget something I would just say it. What bet did you not make good on?

No. I never went bad on a bet in my life. He said that because I wouldn't agree to his proposed terms of a another bet. He wanted me to bet that Sam would be below a QBR that would've placed him in bottom 5 in 2020. Which is a ridiculous sandbagging for someone who said they want to bet on Darnold "turning it around." I had proposed a bet that Sam would be top 16 in QBR (average or above), if he was so optimistic about him. So fine, we couldn't agree to terms on a bet. He wanted to spin that as me not honoring a bet, which is obviously ridiculous.

Then we agreed to the Panthers over/under as you see above. It's now impossible for him to win even if Panthers win out. It's time to pay up. Predictably, he's trying to spin this to avoid paying $25 lousy bucks to charity. It's what Darnold defenders have always done. Loudly shout down any dissenting voices but then when they're proven wrong, play victim and invoke the mercy rule hoping everyone will "just move on."

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

No. I never went bad on a bet in my life. He said that because I wouldn't agree to his proposed terms of a another bet. He wanted me to bet that Sam would be below a QBR that would've placed him in bottom 5 in 2020. Which is a ridiculous sandbagging for someone who said they want to bet on Darnold "turning it around." I had proposed a bet that Sam would be top 16 in QBR (average or above), if he was so optimistic about him. So fine, we couldn't agree to terms on a bet. He wanted to spin that as me not honoring a bet, which is obviously ridiculous.

Then we agreed to the Panthers over/under as you see above. It's now impossible for him to win even if Panthers win out. It's time to pay up. Predictably, he's trying to spin this to avoid paying $25 lousy bucks to charity. It's what Darnold defenders have always done. Loudly shout down any dissenting voices but then when they're proven wrong, play victim and invoke the mercy rule hoping everyone will "just move on."

oh yes the good old change the bet and pretend the original bet did not exist...

your experience with "darnold" supporters are not equivalent to all supporters. I was a supporter and thought he got a bad wrap. He has of course since made my arguments mute with his performances even considering the talent and injuries. I think he is ruined now.

But anyone loudly shouting you down because they do not have a argument is frustrating.  

But I wonder what argument or bet I thought you went bad on with me. I wouldnt just make it up, perhaps just confusion?, in any case I will say this.

I would have bet sam to be in top 16 QBR and most likely lost. Damn sam what a let donw.

33 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

oh yes the good old change the bet and pretend the original bet did not exist...

your experience with "darnold" supporters are not equivalent to all supporters. I was a supporter and thought he got a bad wrap. He has of course since made my arguments mute with his performances even considering the talent and injuries. I think he is ruined now.

But anyone loudly shouting you down because they do not have a argument is frustrating.  

But I wonder what argument or bet I thought you went bad on with me. I wouldnt just make it up, perhaps just confusion?, in any case I will say this.

I would have bet sam to be in top 16 QBR and most likely lost. Damn sam what a let donw.

Don't remember. I'm sure it's just that we couldn't agree on what metric to bet on.

33 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

also if there was an originally bet you won they should pay

You guys were too slippery. Could never get a Darnold supporter to agree up front on a metric for individual success. Seems they preferred to see what happened then excuse it away... :) 

It took less time to negotiate a sale price for my house than I spent tying to get someone on record before the season on what a "successful turnaround" would look like, statistically. Never did get there all I could get was keltic's to bet on the over Panthers 10 wins.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Please stop posting demonstrably false information on the forum.  Besides, if the Panthers win out they could possibly be holding the Lombardi Trophy this coming February.

Also:   

Panthers QB Sam Darnold designated to return prior to Bills meeting

Carolina (5-8) went on to designate quarterback Sam Darnold to return from injured reserve this week.

Darnold was placed on the shelf following the Week 9. He was diagnosed with a fracture in his right shoulder.

According to Panthers Wire, Rhule teased the possibility of Darnold suiting up before season’s end....

....But technically if healthy and good to go, the Panthers have now paved the way to play Darnold if they so choose.

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-qb-sam-darnold-designated-231501331.html

4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Please stop posting demonstrably false information on the forum.  Besides, if the Panthers win out they could possibly be holding the Lombardi Trophy this coming February.

Also:   

Lol total wins bets are regular season only in the NFL. Every sport really. 

College FB is an exception since the team's final record includes results of Bowl games.

6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Also:   

Just take the L dude.  Give the charity its money. 

Darnold f**king blows.  The whole world except you and Nico have accepted this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Lol total wins bets are regular season only in the NFL. Every sport really.

LOL

Sez who?

Certainly not football fans.  Remember a few years back when another 1st round NY QB who was mentioned frequently as a "bust" early in his career went to the SuperBowl?  What was the appellation applied to his opponent?  Oh yeah, they were the "19-0 Patriots".  Not the "16-0 then 3-0 afterwards Patriots".  The "19-0 Patriots".  Who then became the "19-1 Patriots".

You will be paid when one of two conditions are met:

A.  Darnold is no longer mathematically capable of starting eight victories, (he's already started four),

B. The Panthers are no longer mathematically  capable of achieving 10 wins in the 2021 season.

Not before.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:44 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Lmao. How I wish it unfolded like this 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

LOL

Sez who?

Certainly not football fans.  Remember a few years back when another 1st round NY QB who was mentioned frequently as a "bust" early in his career went to the SuperBowl?  What was the appellation applied to his opponent?  Oh yeah, they were the "19-0 Patriots".  Not the "16-0 then 3-0 afterwards Patriots".  The "19-0 Patriots".  Who then became the "19-1 Patriots".

You will be paid when one of two conditions are met:

A.  Darnold is no longer mathematically capable of starting eight victories, (he's already started four),

B. The Panthers are no longer mathematically  capable of achieving 10 wins in the 2021 season.

Not before.

Isn’t condition B already met? The Panthers are 5-8 and have 4 games left . . . (Best possible record is 9-8, right?)

also, condition A will officially be met 3 days from now 

edit: oh, ok you are conveniently extending the terms to the postseason and living in the fantasy world in which the panthers make the playoffs - LOL

• Post of the Week 2