What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

5 hours ago, pointman said:

So, anyone know when Panthers are back in session? I need more lols @Sammy's expense. 

I want the Jets to benefit priority 1. I like CMC as a player and I hate to root for injuries but if he misses time, that is good for the Jets. However, it will also give the Darnoids a convenient out and another year of this BS.

Of course, I'm probably giving them too much credit. CMC could be MVP and drag Darnold to a winning season ala Sanchez and the new excuse will be that Darnold didn't have statistical success because he was just "playing smart" and "why take risks when CMC is crushing opponents?"

It'd be easier to nail jello to the wall with an empty pixie stick straw.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

I want the Jets to benefit priority 1. I like CMC as a player and I hate to root for injuries but if he misses time, that is good for the Jets. However, it will also give the Darnoids a convenient out and another year of this BS.

Of course, I'm probably giving them too much credit. CMC could be MVP and drag Darnold to a winning season ala Sanchez and the new excuse will be that Darnold didn't have statistical success because he was just "playing smart" and "why take risks when CMC is crushing opponents?"

It'd be easier to nail jello to the wall with an empty pixie stick straw.

McCaffrey can only mask the stench for so long. Darnold will always be Darnold. I am sure his blind faithful will find someone else to blame in Carolina too. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, pointman said:

McCaffrey can only mask the stench for so long. Darnold will always be Darnold. I am sure his blind faithful will find someone else to blame in Carolina too. 

No true #1 WR. Rebuilt OL hasn’t gelled. No pass catching threat at TE. 

If Vegas had a line on Darnold Excuses, these would be the favorites.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

No true #1 WR. Rebuilt OL hasn’t gelled. No pass catching threat at TE. 

If Vegas had a line on Darnold Excuses, these would be the favorites.

I wonder if his nuthuggers will try to keep making excuses for him at his third stop, or if they will try to slowly distance themselves. We know they aren't going to admit to their poor taste in quarterbacks. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, pointman said:

I wonder if his nuthuggers will try to keep making excuses for him at his third stop, or if they will try to slowly distance themselves. We know they aren't going to admit to their poor taste in quarterbacks. 

of course they will. and they will go with there old favorites.... with a twist

The Coaching-

Rhule isnt as good as we thought. they will post the long list of good college coaches who didnt win in the NFL.  and Brady isnt the QB whisperer we thought. maybe it was Burrows talent and not Bradys coaching that game him the great year. 

didnt some people here want Brady as our HC?

The OL-

Not as good as we hoped. but dont worry Carolina with use there high 1st rd pic on the best OL in the draft. then you will see Darnold really light it up. lol

The Talent-

CMC is starting to show his age. seriously. hes 25 entering his 5th year. RBs start to decline soon. plus he had 3 injuries last year that made him miss 13 games. the WRs number will go down cause Sam sucks. but they will blame the WRs.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, doitny said:

The Coaching-

Rhule isnt as good as we thought. they will post the long list of good college coaches who didnt win in the NFL.  and Brady isnt the QB whisperer we thought. maybe it was Burrows talent and not Bradys coaching that game him the great year. 

The OL-

Not as good as we hoped. but dont worry Carolina with use there high 1st rd pic on the best OL in the draft. then you will see Darnold really light it up. lol

The Talent-

CMC is starting to show his age. seriously. hes 25 entering his 5th year. RBs start to decline soon. plus he had 3 injuries last year that made him miss 13 games. the WRs number will go down cause Sam sucks. but they will blame the WRs.

Crystal Ball Wizard GIF by Verohallinto

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, pointman said:

A few posters here still think Mark Sanchez was a good, or at least average, QB.  That should tell you everything you need to know about what the remaining DarnoldBros will do.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

The Coaching-

The OL-

The Talent-

Don't forget that they'll argue that Adam Gase and the Jets ruined Darnold beyond repair, so he could never be good elsewhere.  Much like some still argue that the 2011-13 Jets ruined Mark Sanchez so much that he was always going to fail in Philadelphia, Dallas, Denver and Washington.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A few posters here still think Mark Sanchez was a good, or at least average, QB.  That should tell you everything you need to know about what the remaining DarnoldBros will do.  

I would say there is a distinct difference between the two groups. Sanchez was on a legit team his first couple years. Darnold never was. That isn't to dismiss Darnold's issues on the field just that one group has a much better argument than the other, which doesn't make it true, just better.

13 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I would say there is a distinct difference between the two groups. Sanchez was on a legit team his first couple years. Darnold never was. That isn't to dismiss Darnold's issues on the field just that one group has a much better argument than the other, which doesn't make it true, just better.

And yet Sanchez sucked all the same, further demonstrating the point that bad QB's aren't made good by great circumstances.  He sucked in 2009 and 2010; the team was great.  His further suckage in 2011 and 2012 simply cannot be excused.

A QB's ability to play the game has to come from his internal abilities, not his external circumstances.  Circumstances can only help a good QB get better.  They can't help a bad QB become good. 

And no one has a good argument to present that Darnold has such abilities.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol Jetsfan80 got jokes today! Appreciate the laugh, my man! Sanchez was good lollicopter

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet Sanchez sucked all the same, further demonstrating the point that bad QB's aren't made good by great circumstances.  He sucked in 2009 and 2010; the team was great.  His further suckage in 2011 and 2012 simply cannot be excused.

A QB's ability to play the game has to come from his internal abilities, not his external circumstances.  No one has a good argument to present that Darnold has such abilities.  

I still find myself lost in thought in the middle of a nice meal, from time to time, as I ponder what 2010 could have been had we had a semi-capable qb. What if... just... what... if...

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't forget Geno. Several hung onto that dream until the bitter end and even beyond. Just read this thread from when Geno "earned" a spot start in 2017 as a Giant.

A representative exchange:

The arguments never change around here. Just cut and paste the new QB's name in and keep rolling.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A QB's ability to play the game has to come from his internal abilities, not his external circumstances.  Circumstances can only help a good QB get better.  They can't help a bad QB become good. 

FQBs make the weaponz, not the other way around.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't forget Geno. Several hung onto that dream until the bitter end and even beyond. Just read this thread from when Geno "earned" a spot start in 2017 as a Giant.

A representative exchange:

The arguments never change around here. Just cut and paste the new QB's name in and keep rolling.

Frightening. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And no one has a good argument to present that Darnold has such abilities.  

All they have is cut-and-paste/plug-and-play "arguments" in defense of Sam.

image.png.de1e1e31d3973e2dc280b0da87cd3fcf.png

Top 30 Mark Sanchez Gif GIFs | Rechercher le meilleur GIF sur Gfycat

image.thumb.png.2d00a3e2a7970ca094fb7e4321136e7f.png

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

image.thumb.png.a8e71eeba10a518b7c780c59e3bcead8.png

Kyler Murray GIF by The Undroppables

image.png.65fda014d0cab84abc8a010f765fe90d.png

posts cringe GIF

image.png.dd784c4cfef9945a2f5c0679e72ccd3f.png

mike tyson boxing GIF

image.png.9f1ab2373c7582749538a69997fbef1d.png

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

image.png.ad19ae1a4c4059b485593e9aad226693.png

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

image.png.b9bfded5716b93ef06bb91c035341779.png

Think Ryan Tannehill GIF by Tennessee Titans

image.thumb.png.ce8204c281b3ce2ea6958a5fa1f889af.png

Mitch Trubisky Football GIF by Chicago Bears

image.png.8cb634889e2f6e4c83dc4a43715294de.png

200.gif

I quit after hitting 10-for-10 on QBs that busted on their original teams.

Good QBs both rise above and elevate their supporting casts. Bad ones are anchored to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I still find myself lost in thought in the middle of a nice meal, from time to time, as I ponder what 2010 could have been had we had a semi-capable qb. What if... just... what... if...

what if we could have got Favre to stay. that one kills me. yeah he had some bad games that cost us the playoffs, but hes Brett Favre. and look at his next year in Minn. he wasn't done as a player.

i think we win the SB if he stays for 2009 at least.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

what if we could have got Favre to stay. that one kills me. yeah he had some bad games that cost us the playoffs, but hes Brett Favre. and look at his next year in Minn. he wasn't done as a player.

What if Jenn Sterger had taken one for the team?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

All they have is cut-and-paste/plug-and-play "arguments" in defense of Sam.

image.png.de1e1e31d3973e2dc280b0da87cd3fcf.png

image.thumb.png.2d00a3e2a7970ca094fb7e4321136e7f.png

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

image.thumb.png.a8e71eeba10a518b7c780c59e3bcead8.png

image.png.65fda014d0cab84abc8a010f765fe90d.png

posts cringe GIF

image.png.dd784c4cfef9945a2f5c0679e72ccd3f.png

image.png.9f1ab2373c7582749538a69997fbef1d.png

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

image.png.ad19ae1a4c4059b485593e9aad226693.png

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

image.png.b9bfded5716b93ef06bb91c035341779.png

Think Ryan Tannehill GIF by Tennessee Titans

image.thumb.png.ce8204c281b3ce2ea6958a5fa1f889af.png

image.png.8cb634889e2f6e4c83dc4a43715294de.png

200.gif

I quit after hitting 10-for-10 on QBs that busted on their original teams.

Good QBs both rise above and elevate their supporting casts. Bad ones are anchored to them.

This post should be stickied permanently.  Put the "supporting cast" argument to bed when it comes to bad QB's.  It's officially dead.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, pointman said:

Who are these so-called Darnold nuthuggers? Are there three of them here? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

Angry Koffee With Karan GIF

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2021 at 3:32 AM, jgb said:

After three years of hearing it wasn’t Sam’s fault the Jets’ record sucked now you want to give credit to Sam for Panther’s games he doesn’t even play in. Unreal. You might be the champ of Darnold Excuse Twister.

Every other QB on every other team with a winning record gets credit for leading the team even  if he's knocked out for a couple of games and the sub wins.  If the Panthers are going to double their number of wins with Sam leading the team, then Sam can get a little help from the sub like any other NFL QB.  Remember, if Sam wins 8 starts and the sub can't even win 2 games, I lose the bet.  Stop being such a chiseler.

You in or out?

On 7/3/2021 at 3:54 AM, jgb said:

He will never agree to anything that puts performance directly on Sam’s shoulders. He will insist on an out and no deal will get done. I’ll give my donation to American Red Cross regardless. Innocent people don’t have to suffer over this.

You're too late.  I already gave not only my only own small $25 contribution but more than yours, (if you lost), to the International Rescue Fund.  They had a $68 special to feed 3 refugee children for 10 days or something so I went for it.

I can't see kids starving because you want to slither out of what started as a Gentlemen's Bet using a bunch of icky-sticky loopholes.

International Rescue Fund nreceipt.gif

On 7/3/2021 at 11:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I would be happy to make a charity bet with you that the Darnold-led Panthers do not win 10+ games next season.  

And if I'm right I'll fully expect you to be happy to pay up to a charity of my choice, not sad at losing.  Because not only would a great organization be getting money, the Jets would be getting a nicer 2nd and 4th round pick from Carolina.  

If by Darnold-led team you mean the team wins at least 10 games with Darnold starting at least 8 wins,  it's a go.  Even though I've already paid jgb's share of my own charity since he looks like he's out, I will be happy to pay out $25 to a legit charity.  Are we on?

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm in.  I usually go with St. Jude's.  They'll be happy to have your money.  :) 

I didn't see this.  Okay, it's a bet.  We don't have to go winning percentage, Darnold wins eight starts plus the Panthers win at least 10 or I pay up.

Ironically, St. Jude's was almost the charity I was going to select.

4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

You're too late.  I already gave not only my only own small $25 contribution but more than yours, (if you lost), to the International Rescue Fund.  They had a $68 special to feed 3 refugee children for 10 days or something so I went for it.

I can't see kids starving because you want to slither out of what started as a Gentlemen's Bet using a bunch of icky-sticky loopholes.

International Rescue Fund nreceipt.gif

Lol what a wuss. Loopholes, lol. Check the mirror. You couldn't even come up with any proposal of what statistical success even looks like for Darnold. Then you suggested team W/L after arguing for years W/L is not a QB statistic. Then you demanded injury insurance on a sports bet. Go ask Vegas if you get your money back if you bet the over on a player hitting a certain number of yards and the player gets hurt. Lastly, you completely ignored my proposal to make the bet that Darnold makes the pro bowl -- just like Brees did his 4th year, which is who you compare Darnold to constantly. I even offered to give you the win if Darnold is named an alternate.

Like a predicted (correctly, as usual) that no Darnold supporter will ever agree to a set of circumstances up front where if those circumstances are not met, they admit Darnold sucks. Being a Darnold defender means always building in an escape clause. Supporting Darnold may not make sense but I'll grant his defenders aren't dumb enough to hand a loaded gun to his critics.

Nice donation though and taking my idea to do the donation anyway.

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Like a predicted (correctly, as usual) is that no Darnold supporter will ever agree to a set of circumstances up front where if those circumstances come true they admit Darnold sucks. Being a Darnold supporter means always having an escape clause.

I just did that with Jetsfan80.  Panthers have to double their wins to 10 and Darnold has to start at least 8 of the wins.  The guy with the escape clause was you-heck you were even starting to escalate the requirements by talking about Darnold having to be an alternate selection to the Pro Bowl.

That's when I knew this bet was not likely to see the light of day.

3 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

I just did that with Jetsfan80.  Panthers have to double their wins to 10 and Darnold has to start at least 8 of the wins.  The guy with the escape clause was you-heck you were even starting to escalate the requirements by talking about Darnold having to be an alternate selection to the Pro Bowl.

That's when I knew this bet was not likely to see the light of day.

I asked you to come up with some measure of individual success for Darnold. You -- his biggest supporter -- could not. So I suggested one that aligned with your most-repeated argument: that Darnold will succeed because something, something Drew Brees.

Come up with something else, then. Should be easy to identify Darnold individual success since you're so confident in it.

By the way -- Vegas o/u on Panthers wins are 7.5. @Jetsfan80 took advantage of you. I'll happily bet you literally any amount you want ($10k, $50k, make it a billion!) on Panthers under 10. Then I will go bet exactly the same amount on Panthers over 7.5 with Vegas. I can't lose and have a chance of winning both bets. Still doesn't make it a Darnold bet, though.

• Upvote 2