What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-minicamp-observations-sam-darnold-222408462.html

1- That Sam Darnold is still throwing picks, over throwing wide open guys and looking generally terrible

or

2- Matt Rhule trying to convince himself that Darnold being absolutely awful is actually a good thing

They are both downright hysterical I cant choose.

It is kind of amazing. Zach does well and we say don’t get excited they’re just in shorts. Sam sucks and it’s don’t worry it’s early, we just want to see progression. I think Carolina will see that rooting for Sam requires being a little delusional!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To think I actually banned and couldn’t stand you. Now you are on my top ten favorite list. You like come back player of the year. You outright called the Saleh thing too. Hit me up if I can do anything to improve your stay. 

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

What’s even funnier or more pathetic actually is out media wil not cover this.  They will not point out that dam was atrocious in his first camp with us and that Zach looks 10x better.  This hard hitting MY media that takes pride in calling it like it is will conveniently not point this out.  Now if it was the other way. We’d be hearing about it as nauseum.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panthers-minicamp-observations-sam-darnold-222408462.html

1- That Sam Darnold is still throwing picks, over throwing wide open guys and looking generally terrible

or

2- Matt Rhule trying to convince himself that Darnold being absolutely awful is actually a good thing

They are both downright hysterical I cant choose.

I'll take what's behind door number 3 Monty …. - I changed ...

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I’m just glad we don’t have to continue competing in mental gymnastics. Looks like the defense is ahead of the offense at Panthers camp.

Hardly. It’s easy to play defense when your QB can’t play offense. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

To think I actually banned and couldn’t stand you. Now you are on my top ten favorite list. You like come back player of the year. You outright called the Saleh thing too. Hit me up if I can do anything to improve your stay. 

You didn’t even give Joe W. Namath an upvote. What’s he gotta do? Send you some McDonalds coupons?

C8A1E472-C24F-4521-8D44-1F9A1E396D67.gif

• Post of the Week 1

I actually think this quote is the funniest part of that article... 

Seems like in their camp they are saying the offense will be better when they have the pads on an can hit... in our camp everyone keeps saying Zach looks great, BUT it's only football in shorts.... so which is it? 

image.png.a4baaae6696673d87c598cc3161a7832.png

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, docdhc said:

It is kind of amazing. Zach does well and we say don’t get excited they’re just in shorts. Sam sucks and it’s don’t worry it’s early, we just want to see progression. I think Carolina will see that rooting for Sam requires being a little delusional!

Yeah, that sounds about right lol 

But still, even this early on, what a difference. Zach looks really good and the articles are about keeping calm - he's looked great but try not to get too excited just yet. And with Sam, the reports always seemed to be exactly what's in that Carolina article... "He looks pretty bad, but it's ok because..." Followed by a list of reasons why him looking bad is because of something other than him just not being very good. 

I'm loving the new excuse Rhule gave him this time. I wouldn't want Sam to look good because that would mean we weren't making it hard enough for him ? What in the f*ck is that? Here I am being an idiot thinking it would actually be a good thing if your QB did WELL when you challenged him ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

The Jets have had a history of systematically destroying QBs. Add Sam to the list. He made have had potential at some point, but I think the sun has set on that. Here's hoping we buck that trend with Dimples. Best of luck, kid. 

The Jets have a history of drafting terrible QBs. 

Franchise QBs can be delayed but not denied.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jgb said:

That’s public Rhule. Private Rhule is more like “Holy sh*t why did we get rid of Teddy?”

There is no rational reason in this world while Darnold should be handed another starting opportunity but not Trubisky.

Enjoy paying Darnold $25M next year, Punthers.

Kind of tells you want the rest of the league thinks of Gase and the Jets. People outside the Jets genuinely believe Gase and the Jets held back Darnold. I believed it as well. This year will prove one of those two groups right. 

• Upvote 2