What is funnier in this Panthers 1st day of mini camp article?

On 6/16/2021 at 8:31 PM, NYJ1 said:

This really sounds pretty pathetic? You're trying to dump on the guy? Let me ask you.... What's he ever done to you? I wish him the very best and I think you should do the same.....

I think it is a sign of the times. Did Darnold play well for the Jets? Heck no. But he also took way more blame for the disasters than he should have. He never blamed anyone other than himself. 

Yet so many here, still wanted certain other QBs even though there's enough smoke there to fill Yellowstone that the guy at BEST is a pervert and at worst...well Lets not go there.

Football is ALL about winning, I get that... I do not however want to win at certain costs. Like cheating, or with horrible people on our team.

We are at an era where we constantly sanctify A**holes and lynch the good guy. 

You know what? I hope we beat the heck out of the Panthers and I hope that Darnold goes on to have a very good carrer. I wish him that from the bottom of my heart. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I think it is a sign of the times. Did Darnold play well for the Jets? Heck no. But he also took way more blame for the disasters than he should have. He never blamed anyone other than himself. 

So we're just agreeing with Darnold.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:31 PM, NYJ1 said:

This really sounds pretty pathetic? You're trying to dump on the guy? Let me ask you.... What's he ever done to you? I wish him the very best and I think you should do the same.....

Why would anyone do this?  We own Carolina's 2nd and 4th round pick in 2022.  I want them to be the 2nd worst team in the NFL next season, with Seattle being the worst.  Darnold can help get the Panthers there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would anyone do this?  We own Carolina's 2nd and 4th round pick in 2022.  I want them to be the 2nd worst team in the NFL next season, with Seattle being the worst.  Darnold can help get the Panthers there.  

But those who think Darnold is not the answer are the ones who'd rather the Jets to be worse off to be proven right on a messageboard...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

But those who think Darnold is not the answer are the ones who'd rather the Jets to be worse off to be proven right on a messageboard...

I wonder if Douglas wanted the higher picks in the trade to come in 2022 rather than 2021 because he knew Darnold would be terrible.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

One thing no one seems to be pointing out is the Joe Brady might be sort of the next Gase. He did not get much out of Bridgewater last year why do we think he will all of sudden turn Darnold into a FQB. People thinking  the light magically goes on for Sam are clinging to a very thin weed at the top of a cliff. There is no logical reasoning to suggest Sam will improve other than truly extreme projection

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

One thing no one seems to be pointing out is the Joe Brady might be sort of the next Gase. He did not get much out of Bridgewater last year why do we think he will all of sudden turn Darnold into a FQB. People thinking  the light magically goes on for Sam are clinging to a very thin weed at the top of a cliff. There is no logical reasoning to suggest Sam will improve other than truly extreme projection

Feels over facts. Welcome to the social media age.

13 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

A.  You just saw Mahomes suck in the Super Bowl because both of his starting tackles were out of the game.  So much for injuries not making the difference.

B.  As far as quality QBs NEVER allowing their team to collapse, I saw YA Tittle, who had led the Giants  to the title game 3 times previously, lead them to the title game again and the next year the team went 2-10 with two ties.

For that matter,  I saw a Len Dawson led KC  team, who went to 2 Super Bowls and winning one, collapse to 2 or 3 wins the next season.

Collapses happen, even to good QBs.

tittle_header6_1600x900.jpg&w=920&h=518&

17 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

No, it's not stupid.  And I guess I missed the "shredding" of the 2019 season.  Yes, I know the last few opponents were not the best, but they're NFL teams and his team beat them.

By that logic Sam was also playing on an NFL team. Why’d he suck?

hint: because he sucks

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

People thinking  the light magically goes on for Sam are clinging to a very thin weed at the top of a cliff. There is no logical reasoning to suggest Sam will improve other than truly extreme projection

Except that this year Sam will have more than one NFL quality receiver, a quality runner, and breakaway threats with both receiving and running.  That's got to be a five game improvement right there.  Couple that with the fact that Gase will not be there, and Lord knows how high his rise is this year.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Because personnel-wise, Sam was facing an opponent with a large iron pipe while holding only a pen knife.

I feel bad for CAR’s skill players and OL. The Darnoids gonna be like

David Bowie Mob GIF by Queen

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

I feel bad for CAR’s skill players and OL. The Darnoids gonna be like

David Bowie Mob GIF by Queen

Lol, is it so difficult to admit that the Jets did absolutely nothing to support him? With the makeover Joe Douglas has done over two offseasons on the OL, and at WR, and RB, it would seem that the organization recognized it. That’s not saying anything one way or the other about Darnold or his ability or potential, but he had nothing to work with in his short career here. It’s not like another QB stepped in and won a game. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, is it so difficult to admit that the Jets did absolutely nothing to support him? With the makeover Joe Douglas has done over two offseasons on the OL, and at WR, and RB, it would seem that the organization recognized it. That’s not saying anything one way or the other about Darnold or his ability or potential, but he had nothing to work with in his short career here. It’s not like another QB stepped in and won a game. 

JD was right not to invest around Darnold. I admit AND applaud.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Except that this year Sam will have more than one NFL quality receiver, a quality runner, and breakaway threats with both receiving and running.  That's got to be a five game improvement right there.  Couple that with the fact that Gase will not be there, and Lord knows how high his rise is this year.

You would think.  A competent QB can and should succeed with that group.  Unfortunately for Carolina, Darnold is not competent.  

On 6/29/2021 at 2:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet.... half retired Joe Flacco looked competent in the same bad situation while Sam Darnold pooped his pants.  

You know people keep saying this.  He had a good game against a piss poor Pats D.  He looked like garbage against the fins in a shut out loss, 120 yards and a couple of picks against the Bills, 130 yards against KC etc.  Finished the season with 55% pass completions and 0 wins.  

They both were horrible.  Flacco wasnt any better

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:38 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

But if Darnold becomes a solid QB in his 30s and on his 3rd/4th team like Gannon, tip of the hat I guess?  

Hilarious. Darnold. In the league in his 30's. LOL. Better chance of him making the Mets AAA farm club and then coming back as a tight end for his old college coach in the league.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People like to pretend to be nice and care. Darnold doesn't give one fuq about any of the people who wish him the best. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, pointman said:

Hilarious. Darnold. In the league in his 30's. LOL. Better chance of him making the Mets AAA farm club and then coming back as a tight end for his old college coach in the league.

If Kellen Clemens could do it, Darnold can

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

exactly!

Brady got too much credit for being LSU passing coordinator in Joe Burrows last year.

thats like giving Gase credit for Peyton.

maybe it was the player that was really good and not that the coach is some great QB whisperer. 

6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

see here is the problem you will have when the team makes the QB great.

lets say Carolina wins 10 games in each of the next 2 years. then sam will get a huge contract. now they have a lot less cap room to keep some of that talent. 

they wont be able to keep 3 top WRs. there WRs might just look like they did this year with the Jets. a Crowder type who is pretty good, a Perriman type who is a deep threat and a lower level guy. 

will sam turn back in the Jets sam darnold? 

45 minutes ago, doitny said:

lets say Carolina wins 10 games in each of the next 2 years. then sam will get a huge contract. now they have a lot less cap room to keep some of that talent. 

they wont be able to keep 3 top WRs. there WRs might just look like they did this year with the Jets. a Crowder type who is pretty good, a Perriman type who is a deep threat and a lower level guy. 

will sam turn back in the Jets sam darnold? 

The way to counter that is good drafting.  To replicate the Jets' personnel acquisition performance, the Panthers would have to get an owner who for over a decade,  believes that GMs and head coaches should be hired separately by the owner, instead of having the HC be the GM's man, like most successful teams do.  Throw in owner interference in the draft and augment with owner interference in the free agent market as well.  Don't forget to hire outside help who will push for their buddies to get hired. 

Then, and only then, will the Panthers arrive at a roster situation like the NY Jets.

3 hours ago, pointman said:

People like to pretend to be nice and care. Darnold doesn't give one fuq about any of the people who wish him the best. 

And you know this how??

I've known bosses who have fired people, but I have yet to see any who wish nothing but failure on the guy once he leaves.  Darnold haters apparently will never be satisfied until they see a news story on TV about Sam ending up living under a highway overpass and squeegeeing car windows to get his daily bottle of Thunderbird.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You would think.  A competent QB can and should succeed with that [Carolina] group.  Unfortunately for Carolina, Darnold is not competent.  

And if the Panthers win 10 games next year, what happens then?

By that logic Sam was also playing on an NFL team. Why’d he suck?

hint: because he sucks

JD was right not to invest around Darnold. I admit AND applaud.

So if JD made up his mind to teardown the team before Sam's last year, as you said, then you can't hold Sam's third year against him.  That means you have to judge Sam on his first two years, where he was 11-15 for the two years with a team even you have admit is untalented.

11-15 with a Macagnan team?  Doesn't sound like a bust to me.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

So if JD made up his mind to teardown the team before Sam's last year, as you said, then you can't hold Sam's third year against him.  That means you have to judge Sam on his first two years, where he was 11-15 for the two years with a team even you have admit is untalented.

11-15 with a Macagnan team?  Doesn't sound like a bust to me.

If you want me to summarize my position, all you have to do is ask because you’re really bad at it ?

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Really?

Bridgewater set career highs in every catagory, yards, TDs, comp %, with only 11 ints.  Despite the weak arm.  

This is Sams best staff since hes been in the NFL.  Not that its saying a lot. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

And if the Panthers win 10 games next year, what happens then?

No Jets fan should want that since it devalues our 2nd and 4th round picks from Carolina. But Sam defenders would rather be right on a messageboard than for the Jets to benefit so I'm sure you'll be dancing in the streets.

8 hours ago, pointman said:

This is a good point. CAR triggering his 5th year guaranteed option has now given Darnold "walk-away money." He won't have to hang around the league as a backup for years (like a Geno,  who never scored that big payout). Once he gets that $20M, if he's not seen as a starter anymore he can sail off on his golden boogie board, if he wants.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

No Jets fan should want that since it devalues our 2nd and 4th round picks from Carolina. But Sam defenders would rather be right on a messageboard than for the Jets to benefit so I'm sure you'll be dancing in the streets.

This is a good point. CAR triggering his 5th year guaranteed option has now given Darnold "walk-away money." He won't have to hang around the league as a backup for years (like a Geno,  who never scored that big payout). Once he gets that $20M, if he's not seen as a starter anymore he can sail off on his golden boogie board, if he wants.

After the severe buyer's remorse for Carolina comes to an end, I imagine Darnold will bounce around to 1-2 more teams.  Much like Mark Sanchez did.  He'll be out of the league by about the age of 27-28.  

• Upvote 1