Is the Ape dead yet? Season 1 - Ape not dead yet

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

The more I think about it, the more it kinda makes some sense as a YOLO play if he’s the only one left. Need three mislynches, get one on Spoot for free, play the “why would I do this as scum” card the next day and hope to survive, then frame somebody else in endgame and hope town follows. It’s risky, but there is a path there if he’s scum.

The one problem I have with it is he did it with little/no heat on him. Why make the game about yourself at that point if scum? Why not wait until, say, today or tomorrow pending which way town seems to be going?

My only answer is he was on the list of players not on Drums train. He was named by a few people. In practice Drums train could have cleared  quite a few players. Especially  Barry, who of course they wasted. I honestly don’t know but I have a real rough time convincing myself that JiF did this by accident. Way too bright a player. Riddles? What the hell sense does that Make? It’s a game about hunting the Ape!

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

9 minutes after Spoot hammers himself

Not sure if he's talking about his original pm or an answer he got back from Nolder.

Yeah

I understand that new job part but the rest seems like bullsh*t. 

Because you lost your team mate and you decided to YOLO this bitch That's why.

Ok, so I guess 80 isnt that consistent. Flip flopping like a soft dong.

I wasn’t saying what I would do.  I was saying what JN always does in these scenarios.  Big difference, and scummy of you not to recognize that. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn’t saying what I would do.  I was saying what JN always does in these scenarios.  Big difference, and scummy of you not to recognize that. 

Scummy of you making JN accountable for your option  rather than living up to it, 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Scummy of you making JN accountable for your option  rather than living up to it, 

Right, because I didn’t spend a significant portion of the day explaining why rushing to make that play was a bad idea.  Lack of accountability is not something you can accuse me of when it comes to this scenario. I’ve done my part. 

On 7/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, Nolder said:

Final D1 Votecount
Drums - Barry, Jvill, 80, Spoot, Ape, Crusher (6)
Spoot - Jif, Arsis (2)
Ape - Drums (1)

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 6/30 4AM NST/7AM EST

On 7/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, Nolder said:

Final D2 Votecount

Spoot - Jif, Barry, Crusher, Greenseed, 80 (5)
Crusher - Arsis (1)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

JiF is obviously scum

Said this and was killed. 

On 7/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, JiFapono said:

I'm not, I just dont think I understand my role like I thought I did and like, I just reread some stuff and I now I'm confused and the mod hasnt answered my questions. 

Sorry, started a new job, been busy today...

Started a new job on a Friday two days into Q3, right before a long weekend? Not buying it, most everyone I know was flexing PTO haaard this last weekend. 

Then he said Spoots DM said he was a baboon, but Nolder called him a Mandrill.

Is there anything he won’t lie about?!

On 7/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

nah. you're scum. nice try. 

Caught him red-handed, died for it in his sleep. 

On 7/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

why? because you can get to 4-2 for day 3 and all you need to do is convince everyone this was just a big mistake. 

not buying it. not voting anyone but jif D3 if spoot flips town.

Barry makes himself an obvious threat to JiF and his supposed three-vote lynch.  JiF thinks he can purr his way out of this by pulling a fast one over the newbies with his partner in crime.  

On 7/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

To my memory, we've never let a player live when he comes back with a false positive investigation.  If Spoot flips town, JiF is next.  Period.  

“JiF is next. Period (period)”

(doesn’t vote JiF)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I honestly don’t know but I have a real rough time convincing myself…

What has bothered me the most… in the last game, JiF “solves the game” tells us about how great he is, and then correctly roadmaps Town to victory. 

In this game, since the snafu, he hasn’t once implicated another person. His whole game has been explaining his “mistake.”  You’ve been smoking him out, Arsis was quick to follow, as I’m sure Barry would have.   But JiF hasn’t so much as hinted at who he thinks might be scum.  Not once. 

In the last game he felt the need to find ALL of the scums.  

In this game, he hasn’t even found ONE.  Town JiF is a Hunter.  
This is not town JiF. 

Not even a single proclamation that he’s the best.  At least not in our thread. I bet he’s gloating it up in the QT. 

I’m willing to test his supposed “3-vote lynch” and I’m willing to bet that one of 80 or Jville (neither of whom have voted either) are incahoots. 

unvote, vote JiF

On 7/1/2021 at 8:31 PM, Nolder said:

Final D1 Votecount
Drums - Barry, Jvill, 80, Spoot, Ape, Crusher (6)
Spoot - Jif, Arsis (2)
Ape - Drums (1)

No vote: GS

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY 6/30 4AM NST/7AM EST

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My only answer is he was on the list of players not on Drums train. He was named by a few people. In practice Drums train could have cleared  quite a few players. Especially  Barry, who of course they wasted. I honestly don’t know but I have a real rough time convincing myself that JiF did this by accident. Way too bright a player. Riddles? What the hell sense does that Make? It’s a game about hunting the Ape!

Final VC, added GS who didn’t vote. Not a bad point. With only 3 remaining players off the Drums train, scum JiF needs at least one lynch from someone who was actually on the train. Ape, Barry, and me are probably tough targets, 80 is on the vote count decently early, and he doesn’t know what other roles are out there potentially able to clear others/themselves. A couple of people did mention him even if he hadn’t caught any votes, and if he’s the only scum left there’s no one to bus and no one to hunt, and it could only be a matter of time before the greatest scum hunter ever gets called out for not catching any scum.

And yeah, the whole riddle thing is a little convoluted but to be fair I could see Nolder doing something along those lines.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe, but it did come off as if you were advocating to lynch rather than just predicting what would happen.

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Final VC, added GS who didn’t vote. Not a bad point. With only 3 remaining players off the Drums train, scum JiF needs at least one lynch from someone who was actually on the train. Ape, Barry, and me are probably tough targets, 80 is on the vote count decently early, and he doesn’t know what other roles are out there potentially able to clear others/themselves. A couple of people did mention him even if he hadn’t caught any votes, and if he’s the only scum left there’s no one to bus and no one to hunt, and it could only be a matter of time before the greatest scum hunter ever gets called out for not catching any scum.

And yeah, the whole riddle thing is a little convoluted but to be fair I could see Nolder doing something along those lines.

Actually if you seem couple of JiFs games  like capture the Flag? I’d say JiF would be more likely to add a riddle to his games . Like, “ What’s my favorite color?” Ask anyone that played that game 

11 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Maybe a rhetorical question considering it’s @JiFapono though

I really didnt mean to make it about myself.  I didnt even play the first day to let everyone else join in the fun.  You will all understand after the game but the PM was confusing and I thought what I had read both didnt describe an Ape/Monkey IMO and then the way it was written made it seem like I was attacked by Spoot.

Last night, it was again, kind of a confusing message with a riddle but it described a scene where 80 was building a fire.  Which I dont think Apes and monkey can do.

Vote 80

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think you're town because I dont think you go this hard and act this obtuse if you're the last remaining scum but you are blowing this way out of proportion.  It's a Nolder game.  The dude sent a ******* riddle to me in response of my action. In hindsight, maybe I should have looked at myself to get a feel for how the "flavor cop" works but I legit thought I nailed scum.  I picked Spoot, he described something I didnt realize was a Baboon and I was attacked.  The first time I read it, it made it seem like Spoot attacked me for targeting him.  Again, you'll understand why later.

I know I'm the greatest of all time but you really think I made all this up?  lol  I smoke a lot of weed and have quite an imagination but this is next level...

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I really didnt mean to make it about myself.  I didnt even play the first day to let everyone else join in the fun.  You will all understand after the game but the PM was confusing and I thought what I had read both didnt describe an Ape/Monkey IMO and then the way it was written made it seem like I was attacked by Spoot.

Last night, it was again, kind of a confusing message with a riddle but it described a scene where 80 was building a fire.  Which I dont think Apes and monkey can do.

Vote 80

Don’t hate this. 80’s behavior during your  mess is very concerning. 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think you're town because I dont think you go this hard and act this obtuse if you're the last remaining scum but you are blowing this way out of proportion.  It's a Nolder game.  The dude sent a ******* riddle to me in response of my action. In hindsight, maybe I should have looked at myself to get a feel for how the "flavor cop" works but I legit thought I nailed scum.  I picked Spoot, he described something I didnt realize was a Baboon and I was attacked.  The first time I read it, it made it seem like Spoot attacked me for targeting him.  Again, you'll understand why later.

I know I'm the greatest of all time but you really think I made all this up?  lol  I smoke a lot of weed and have quite an imagination but this is next level...

I do, but at the same time 80’s behavior is worth a pause. PLEASE NOBODY HAMMER JIF YET. **HE MAY DIE AT THREE VOTES**

Lets have 80 and JiF duke it out a bit.

vote 80

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

A mandrill looks like a type of baboon and at white time was classified as a baboon. I thought that was odd as well but looked it up and discovered what I just said. Also, I’m a baboon or fatboon, if you will. 

Exactly.  “Stoned” JiF looked at the picture we all looked at and concocted the story about the pm.

Or, are we to suppose Nolder (the guy who included pictures and cursive-font fun facts in my pm) got lazy and said Spoot was “some baboon with yellow eyes”. 

I want to believe him, but his story isn’t adding up. 

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Exactly.  “Stoned” JiF looked at the picture we all looked at and concocted the story about the pm.

Or, are we to suppose Nolder (the guy who included pictures and cursive-font fun facts in my pm) got lazy and said Spoot was “some baboon with yellow eyes”. 

I want to believe him, but his story isn’t adding up. 

He didnt add pictures in the PM

I understand the hesitance, the good news is, if you lynch me; you'll see that I take 1 less vote and that I wasnt lying, so it should help moving forward.

5 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Good catch here. @JiFapono what type of monkey does your PM say @Jetsfan80 is?

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

A mandrill looks like a type of baboon and at white time was classified as a baboon. I thought that was odd as well but looked it up and discovered what I just said. Also, I’m a baboon or fatboon, if you will. 

Interesting. Still waiting for answer to what type of monkey 80 was described as in the PM @JiFapono.

Also, we’re spending time researching types of monkeys. ****in @Nolder

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Interesting. Still waiting for answer to what type of monkey 80 was described as in the PM @JiFapono.

Also, we’re spending time researching types of monkeys. ****in @Nolder

He doesnt tell me outright the type of monkey, again, they're like riddles.  He described a creature who I figured was a monkey based on the way he described it but he's building a fire in this story.  So, that's why I'm thinking maybe 80 is the creature that maimed me on N1.

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Maybe, but it did come off as if you were advocating to lynch rather than just predicting what would happen.

Well that was certainly not my intent, so I firmly disagree with Crusher's take that I was flip-flopping.  If I had intended to mean that I think JiF should die, I would have said so.  

11 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

“JiF is next. Period (period)”

(doesn’t vote JiF)

I predicted JiF would die.  I never said he SHOULD die.  My prediction nearly came true.  2 quick votes out of the gates put JiF at L-1 (if he's telling the truth about requiring one less vote to lynch). 

You simpletons just can't tell the difference between a prediction and a desire.  GFY's.

35 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He doesnt tell me outright the type of monkey, again, they're like riddles.  He described a creature who I figured was a monkey based on the way he described it but he's building a fire in this story.  So, that's why I'm thinking maybe 80 is the creature that maimed me on N1.

It could have been scum or it could have been the Ape (SK).  Not sure why you haven't considered that.  Clearly this attack you're describing was different from the regular scum kills.